PDA

View Full Version : Mirage AFA Graded 90 on ebay

Prime
5th September 2011, 11:01 AM
Hi guys,

first post on here so apologies if any protocols are not adhered to.

Just wondering if anyone can tell how legit this G1 Mirage "buy it now" sale on ebay is? It sold for $800 US.

Can be hard to pick the fakes, so curious to know what others think - i have also heard even the AFA have graded fakes at times.

Prime
5th September 2011, 11:03 AM
Helps if i post the link! :P

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/250796420305?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Skullcruncher
5th September 2011, 11:15 AM
Helps if i post the link! :P

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/250796420305?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

It looks good to me. Price is right on as AFA Mirage is nearly in every AFA collectors collection. (There have been a couple of case finds).

Prime
5th September 2011, 11:56 AM
It looks good to me. Price is right on as AFA Mirage is nearly in every AFA collectors collection. (There have been a couple of case finds).

I hope you are right as i am the one who bought it! :D

I went through some of the great fake identification guides online and none of the usual markers are present on the box. The AFA serial number checks out.

Pretty exciting for me my first MISB G1 transformer and my first AFA graded toy ever!

1orion2many
5th September 2011, 12:01 PM
I don't look at MISB toys as I won't keep them that way for long:D

Prime
5th September 2011, 12:05 PM
I don't look at MISB toys as I won't keep them that way for long:D

Yes it is a tough one for me.

There is no doubting that the Transformers out of the box with weapons armed and ready for battle is a far more magnificent sight than MISB.

Skullcruncher
5th September 2011, 12:29 PM
I hope you are right as i am the one who bought it! :D

I went through some of the great fake identification guides online and none of the usual markers are present on the box. The AFA serial number checks out.

Pretty exciting for me my first MISB G1 transformer and my first AFA graded toy ever!

Congrats! Once you get one and see how good he looks on display you will be tempted to get a couple more!

Prime
5th September 2011, 02:29 PM
Congrats! Once you get one and see how good he looks on display you will be tempted to get a couple more!

Cheers!

Lol this was stretching the budget. I am going to give myself a limit of one AFA MISB G1 per year......or i will be in trouble with the wife.

sideswipes brother
5th September 2011, 06:47 PM
I dont know. In the auction the seller says its the rub sign version and on the AFA grading sticker it says no rubsign.:confused:

janda the red
5th September 2011, 09:38 PM
congrats prime...

always a good feeling to get something you've wanted!

janda :)