PDA

View Full Version : How do you remove the tampo/stamp from the FP causality figures

primatives
6th September 2011, 06:11 PM
How do you remove the tampo/stamp from the FP causality insecticon figures? I've read u need isowhatever alcohol but i dont have it, i tried metho but that didn't work anyone intending to do the same? let me know! Thanks!

KillinSpoon
6th September 2011, 07:46 PM
Isopropyl alcohol (I'm assuming this is what you meant) only costs a few dollars from any pharmacy.

kup
7th September 2011, 02:18 PM
How do you remove the tampo/stamp from the FP causality insecticon figures? I've read u need isowhatever alcohol but i dont have it, i tried metho but that didn't work anyone intending to do the same? let me know! Thanks!

Are you talking about the 'elemental' symbols on their chest? I imagine that it can removed with isocol and some persistant rubbing. You always have to be persistent with it as it doesn't rub off right away and I imagine the FP figures using higher quality paint than Hasbro's requiring more.

I wouldn't be surprised if Reprolabels releases a set of stickers that cover them for a more G1 look anyways. I'll be waiting for that but I kind of like the existing symbols anyway.

reillyd
23rd September 2011, 08:22 PM
Are you talking about the 'elemental' symbols on their chest? I imagine that it can removed with isocol and some persistant rubbing. You always have to be persistent with it as it doesn't rub off right away and I imagine the FP figures using higher quality paint than Hasbro's requiring more.

I wouldn't be surprised if Reprolabels releases a set of stickers that cover them for a more G1 look anyways. I'll be waiting for that but I kind of like the existing symbols anyway.

You're a prophet! They have, and mine arrived today. much improved.

Hursticon
26th September 2011, 01:02 PM
Hmm, I want to wait and see what they come up with (sticker-wise) for both Stormbomb and Backfiery before I get the ones for Thundershred; they do look pretty good but I'm happy with just a faction logo IMO. ;):)

kup
27th September 2011, 09:12 AM
Does Backfiery have a symbol? I can't see it anywhere.

Hursticon
27th September 2011, 01:31 PM
Can't say I've seen a clear enough photo to answer you Kup dude, trust me - I'm keeping my eyes peeled on that figure, I want it so bad! :p

1AZRAEL1
6th October 2011, 01:19 PM
Backfiery does indeed have a symbol, it's on the right side of his chest in robot mode. Looks like a little flame :p

kup
6th October 2011, 02:15 PM
Backfiery does indeed have a symbol, it's on the right side of his chest in robot mode. Looks like a little flame :p

Yeah the new release photos have it but the older ones don't.

primatives
8th October 2011, 10:52 AM
anyone successfully taken off these stamps?? I have tried the ispropyol thing i rubbed it on and off but nothing came off i must admit didn't try very hard mainly i didnt want to damage the plastic in anyway. (just in case) know of any links where people have done it? just so i can read up on it.