PDA

View Full Version : Toy Review - DotM Commander Guzzle

griffin
10th September 2011, 11:29 PM
(Please post photos, comments or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just brief details)

Toy Review - Autobot Guzzle
Series - Dark of the Moon
Sub-line - Cyberverse
Size/class - Commander
Wave - 4
New/remould/redeco - New
Released here - not yet (released Globally August 2011)
Approximate Retail Price - $16-20
Approximate Size - 9cm
Allegiance - Autobot
Alt-mode - Tank
Main Features/Gimmicks - Cannon becomes battle rifle
Main Colours - Army green, off-white, yellow, grey
Main Accessories - gun

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/tftoys/cv32.jpg

Autocon
12th September 2011, 08:26 PM
If only a voyager! This guy is totally rockin:cool:

Decepticon
12th September 2011, 08:39 PM
Yeah, needs to be a voyager. But other than that he is a good figure.

Tallestblue
12th September 2011, 10:36 PM
Yeah, this guy NEEDS to be a Deluxe sized toy or bigger.

liegeprime
12th September 2011, 11:26 PM
Sigh, small :(... like powerglide.. awesome mold but yeah... small:(:(:( ah well Id still buy it

Paulbot
13th September 2011, 08:26 AM
But the original Guzzle and Powerglide were Mini-bots and people tend to complain if a minibot has a large toy (Ultra Powerglide, Voyager Seaspray). This scale seems best for them if you want to repurpose them as classics substitutes.

And these are Cyberverse toys so, in terms of scale, they are correctly bigger than all the cars at Legion size, in fact they are basically Leader class for that line.

kaiden
13th September 2011, 10:04 AM
I think if he were released as generations deluxe size - he would make a good fit with warpath and bumblebee.

SkyWarp91
13th September 2011, 07:16 PM
Kind of annoying that he is the only new figure in a whole case assortment of 5 other re-releases/repaints, making him an even rarer figure to get while stores get clogged with more COmmander Class Optimus Primes, Megatrons, Powerglides, Ironhides and Blackouts

Gutsman Heavy
16th September 2011, 03:51 PM
So, he out yet?

Ode to a Grasshopper
19th November 2011, 11:33 PM
Nice little guy in bot mode, brickish in alt mode. Could do with a bit more arm movement IMO, but he is just a Scout/Cyberverse Commander figure.
Worth picking up if he's going cheap, and makes it over to Oz.

griffin
11th December 2011, 09:54 PM
Yes... must buy. A nice toy. But the shoulders could be better. And I'm not sure about the point of two tiny guns.

Paulbot
11th December 2011, 11:29 PM
So, he out yet?

Saw him at Kmart today. :)

liegeprime
12th December 2011, 12:22 AM

Okay, well finally he is out... might have to visit my local Kmart in a few days ... coz mine tend to be late in restocking... hopefully they do it sooner.

Doubledealer
12th December 2011, 04:11 PM

What a way to end the drought (albeit very briefly no doubt :rolleyes:)! Can't wait to pick up a Guzzle :D

Clutchkick
16th December 2011, 09:25 AM
I just found a Guzzle last night at Kmart Geelong, and he is a fantastic little guy.

He has quite a lot of details taken from Roche's Wreckers design, albeit movie-fied. His head can turn, but only just, the back of his head hits some shoulder stuff but that can be easily shaved down so he can look around :D.

5FDP
16th December 2011, 10:02 AM
His tank mode is how Gen Warpath's should have been, not some stupid H-class.

i_amtrunks
21st December 2011, 08:04 PM
Not a bad figure. Looks great in both modes, once you get all the plastic tabs aligned.

Transformation is as basic as expected in such a tiny figure, his robot mode does an excellent job of masking just how tiny he ends up in alt mode. I think some of the Legends figures from previous lines are bigger, for about a third of the price.

Still worth every cent to stand alongside his LSotW brethren.

BigTransformerTrev
27th November 2013, 01:24 PM
I just found a Guzzle last night at Kmart Geelong, and he is a fantastic little guy.

He has quite a lot of details taken from Roche's Wreckers design, albeit movie-fied. His head can turn, but only just, the back of his head hits some shoulder stuff but that can be easily shaved down so he can look around :D.

He is one of my fav DOTM figures! Such a great shout out to the LSOTR incarnation as well as the original toy. Like everyone else, would have preferred him to be bigger but he is still bigger than his G1 counterpart (whcih you can see in this thread: http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=15361)