PDA

View Full Version : Jazwares 3.75 Inch Sonic Figures

Firestorm
24th September 2011, 11:52 PM
Where is the best place (online or around melbourne) to get Jazwares Sonic the Hedgehog figures?
by best I mean cheapest and widest variety.

So far all I have is Tails, but i want more :D

Tetsuwan Convoy
26th September 2011, 01:32 AM
I see you have excellent taste.

Unfortunately, the only place I have seen any of them is in Gametraders stores. A while ago I contacted Jazwares about local distribution and they said they were working on something, but that was about when Sonic AllStars racing came out iirc as I was chasing some of the vehicles.

I have seen little since. I have been getting mine from BBTS/eBay, it isn't the best arrangement, but if you are chasing a decent character selection, it's the only way to go as far as I know.

If you find a better way, please let me know.

Personally I prefer the 6 inch figures, a lot more articulation and they are easier to stand. Although I have been getting a lot of the 3.75s as well.

You never know, since Jazwares are making Sonic Generations figures, we ight see a general release over here as well, but so far I have only seen mock-ups of the boxes. Although I do eagerly await the doubel packs with Modern and Classic characters together!:D

Whoo! Looks like Jazwares FINALLY updated their site! (http://www.jazwares.com/2010/products/Sonic-6-inch-superPosers/)

Oh my God, those classic Sonics look noice...

Firestorm
28th September 2011, 01:07 AM
Ebay it is then I guess

Or I can wait till Sonic Generations comes out and see if that causes shops to stock sonic merch. (speaking of generations i cant wait for it! :D)

I'll keep looking around for a little while to see if I can find somewhere/way to get them. (then probably resort to ebay)

the 6 inch figures are nicer, but there arent as many characters whereas the 3.5 inch has lots more (now including classic sonic, tails, amy and robotnik which look awesome :D)

Besides, 3.5 inch Tails i also have the amazingly awesome 10 inch metal sonic who stands proudly next to my computer

http://i54.tinypic.com/2ymf22b.jpg (terrible quality photo)

Tetsuwan Convoy
28th September 2011, 02:45 AM
Yes, all valid points. Some of the 3.75 inch ones have trouble standing by themselves though.

Ebay also has access to the large number of TRU exclusives as well. I got me a Modern Eggman and Metal Sonic in 3.75 inch through ebay. As well as a Big and Froggy! Well worth the effort.

I also just discovered www.toywiz.com which claims to have the Sonic through time figures in. I placed an order for me, will see how they are.:D (both toywiz and the figures ;) )

Clasic onic FTW!! Must have me a Moto-Bug toooooo!

All my Sonic Stuff on my Blog. (http://tetstoys.blogspot.com/search/label/Sonic) Has some shots of the Eggman and Metal. I love Metal Sonic!

Paul Agnew
28th September 2011, 08:40 AM
Last time I saw any Sonic figures was at the end of last year at Uncle Pete's and TRU. Literally came and went in a blue blur. :(

Though if you check out various GAME stores, they have the Gacha Sonic buildable figures for $5 a pop. Only problem is you don't know which one you're getting.

Tetsuwan Convoy
28th September 2011, 06:44 PM
Last time I saw any Sonic figures was at the end of last year at Uncle Pete's and TRU. Literally came and went in a blue blur. :(

Though if you check out various GAME stores, they have the Gacha Sonic buildable figures for $5 a pop. Only problem is you don't know which one you're getting.

Wow, they did have them at TRU? Were they the Allstars Racing figures or just normals? A local gametraders around me has a Sonic Riders character of the green eagle guy. And That's it.

So annoyingly inconsistent.

Firestorm
28th September 2011, 07:54 PM
Wow, they did have them at TRU? Were they the Allstars Racing figures or just normals? A local gametraders around me has a Sonic Riders character of the green eagle guy. And That's it.

Green Eagle Guy = Jet the Hawk
saw one of him at toys r us a few weeks ago, for about $16
never really liked sonic riders but i wouldnt mind grabbing Jet

was playing sonic colours earlier today and realized i had another Jazwares figure. the special 6 inch sonic that comes with it and the wisps of Rocket, Laser and (whatever the white whisps are called)

I was looking at your blog, that Flocked Sonic looks so cool

SpeedBreaker
28th September 2011, 09:41 PM
Gametraders at Marion in SA has the 20th Anniversary figures. Was tempted to get the 1991 Sonic and motobug set.

Tetsuwan Convoy
29th September 2011, 03:41 AM
Green Eagle Guy = Jet the Hawk
saw one of him at toys r us a few weeks ago, for about $16
never really liked sonic riders but i wouldnt mind grabbing Jet

was playing sonic colours earlier today and realized i had another Jazwares figure. the special 6 inch sonic that comes with it and the wisps of Rocket, Laser and (whatever the white whisps are called)

I was looking at your blog, that Flocked Sonic looks so cool
Ditto on the Sonic Riders comments there. Game looks like poop, but some of the characters look ok.

Oh and that Sonic that came with Sonic colours is made by TOMY.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_TttSgLX0UJs/TOqmt5iCygI/AAAAAAAABHc/CFJC8WaEe4k/s1600/IMG_2850.JPG
Although it does look like a Jazwares Sonic. Very strange, unless they just paid to use the design and slapped a tomy stamp on him. I am most curious I must say.

The Flocked Sonic is much better than I thought it would be!:D Never underestimate the power of flocking!

Gametraders at Marion in SA has the 20th Anniversary figures. Was tempted to get the 1991 Sonic and motobug set.

Ooo! Might swing by Gamtraders later and see if my local has any...

Paul Agnew
4th October 2011, 02:38 PM

No, they were the normal single figures of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow at roughly $12 each.

Aside from the Werehog and Black Knight tie-in's back in 2009, I'm yet to find any new Sonic toys at TRU.