PDA

View Full Version : LEGO Market

Verno
25th September 2011, 06:55 PM
I've got a cupboard full of old LEGO sets at home, and I'm torn.

I'd love to hang onto them forever, but it's not like I have them out, built and displayed, they simply take up too much room. The only things I've got built and on display are the UCS Millenium Falcon and Star Destroyer. Locked away are the entire Western line, Ice Planet line and Incestoids.

I occasionally look on eBay to see what sort of price they go for, and am quite disappointed by what I've seen. There just doesn't seem to be a market for older sets, or not these particular ones at any rate.

So even if I did want to sell them, I wouldn't get anywhere near a reasonable price for them. But they'll remain locked away and unenjoyed.

Fungal Infection
25th September 2011, 07:06 PM
Locked away are the entire Western line, Ice Planet line and Incestoids.

Must be a Tassie exclusive line!! :D

Verno
25th September 2011, 07:11 PM
Damn, walked into that one :p

Damn my spelling.

Golden Phoenix
25th September 2011, 07:59 PM
If you have time pull them out and have a play. Pull them apart and try building something. You don't have to do it all the time, but every now and then wouldn't be to hard.

If you go down the sales path, try looking on Bricklink or another forum like Eurobricks where there is more of a target audience for older sets.

I'm sure if you put some up here for sale you could also get a decent price. There are enough people here who like Lego for you to be able to get rid of some stuff......like me :D

Krayt
25th September 2011, 08:55 PM
ICE PLANET!!!!

I wish i had all the ice planet stuff :(

Lint
25th September 2011, 09:22 PM
Second hand market in Australia isn't as crazy as Europe or the US. I can understand ice planet and insectiods not being as popular but I reckon the Western stuff should command a good price especially if complete.

Verno
26th September 2011, 08:33 AM
I think I've got some pics of it all set up somewhere at home. I'll have to dig them out when I'm back.

Why do you say Ice Planet and Insectoids isn't popular Lint? Transparent plastic everywhere!

llamatron
28th September 2011, 07:30 PM
Some of the Western sets can fetch good dollar, particular the later released and harder to find Indian sets. I believe partially because they had a lot of canvas pieces. Also if they were Australian versions you'll have working cannons! BANG BANG POW POW

Verno
29th September 2011, 03:38 PM
Some of the Western sets can fetch good dollar, particular the later released and harder to find Indian sets. I believe partially because they had a lot of canvas pieces. Also if they were Australian versions you'll have working cannons! BANG BANG POW POW

Other peoples' cannons don't fire?! What's the point of that?!

I never got the Indian stuff, just the 'cowboy' stuff. Fort Legoredo is a fantastic set. Hours of play ready to be had.

You see why I'm so torn between holding on to them for the future, and selling them.

Lint
30th September 2011, 08:40 AM
Other peoples' cannons don't fire?! What's the point of that?!

I never got the Indian stuff, just the 'cowboy' stuff. Fort Legoredo is a fantastic set. Hours of play ready to be had.

You see why I'm so torn between holding on to them for the future, and selling them.

The US cannons didn't fire because of child safety regulations I think. While the EURO (i.e rest of the world minus Canada's) cannons had fully firing cannons :D

Hold onto them, they will become prized antique pieces :)