PDA

View Full Version : Has Henkei ever made Skywarp??

Arcee
29th September 2011, 10:38 AM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Generation1-Transformers-Deluxe-Class-Skywarp-/180730526267?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1460fa3b

Looks real.

gdmetro
29th September 2011, 11:04 AM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Generation1-Transformers-Deluxe-Class-Skywarp-/180730526267?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1460fa3b

Looks real.

There are real Henkei Skywarps- but they were exclusives. There are a lot of kos of this mould around so beware. Research around and I'm sure there are resources that note the differences.

Looking at the box in the picture: on the upper right hand corner says "CHMS" which is a KO company that makes high quality knock-offs- most popular one being the seeker mould. So that is definitely a knock-off.

The real version would say "Takara Tomy" on it. However, there was an initial batch of KOs which have an identical box with TakaraTomy stamp on it.

Those are harder to tell from a sealed package, but I believe one of the key differences are the notches on the knee and shoulder deco (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/comparison-review-between-henkei-thundercracker-and-the-ko/20180/) and the thrusters were off colour slightly.

Arcee
29th September 2011, 11:10 AM
There are real Henkei Skywarps- but they were exclusives. There are a lot of kos of this mould around so beware. Research around and I'm sure there are resources that note the differences.

Looking at the box in the picture: on the upper right hand corner says "CHMS" which is a KO company that makes high quality knock-offs- most popular one being the seeker mould. So that is definitely a knock-off.
Daaaamn...

No wonder I thought that price doesn't look quite right if it's real...

CHMS...I've seen this brand quite often and now I know what it is...

Thanks a lot!

GoktimusPrime
29th September 2011, 04:46 PM
It might be cheaper for you just to find a Classics Skywarp. Unlike Gentei Skywarp, it was a regular retail store release (came in a 2 pack with Ultra Magnus) and it's actually better quality than Gentei Skywarp. Gentei Skywarp and Thundercracker suffer from mould degradation meaning their joints are loose and/or floppy, and the launchers don't fit in tightly into the holes either.

I sold my Classics Skywarp after getting Gentei Skywarp... kinda wish I hadn't (ah well). I picked up Generations Thundercracker and now my Gentei Thundercracker is in 'retirement' (i.e.: I've put him back in his card so now he's displayed on loose on card). If they ever did Generations Skywarp, I'd do the same.

Last time I saw a Classics Skywarp on sale at a collectors fair it was going for about $20. Mebbe you should check out the Sandowne Fair or whatever upcoming fairs there are in Melbourne... or ask the Melbourne gang if anyone has a spare Classics Skywarp they might be willing to offload to you. ;)

Arcee
29th September 2011, 06:26 PM
It might be cheaper for you just to find a Classics Skywarp. Unlike Gentei Skywarp, it was a regular retail store release (came in a 2 pack with Ultra Magnus) and it's actually better quality than Gentei Skywarp. Gentei Skywarp and Thundercracker suffer from mould degradation meaning their joints are loose and/or floppy, and the launchers don't fit in tightly into the holes either.

I sold my Classics Skywarp after getting Gentei Skywarp... kinda wish I hadn't (ah well). I picked up Generations Thundercracker and now my Gentei Thundercracker is in 'retirement' (i.e.: I've put him back in his card so now he's displayed on loose on card). If they ever did Generations Skywarp, I'd do the same.

Last time I saw a Classics Skywarp on sale at a collectors fair it was going for about $20. Mebbe you should check out the Sandowne Fair or whatever upcoming fairs there are in Melbourne... or ask the Melbourne gang if anyone has a spare Classics Skywarp they might be willing to offload to you. ;)
Actually...I've been wanting that dual pack (Classic Skywarp & Ultra Magnus) for quite a while (as I want to make a Fanproject City Commander) but the prices on ebay are simply IMPOSSIBLE. And they are so rare to find...

Maybe I'll just wait...for a miracle.

gdmetro
29th September 2011, 07:11 PM
Actually...I've been wanting that dual pack (Classic Skywarp & Ultra Magnus) for quite a while (as I want to make a Fanproject City Commander) but the prices on ebay are simply IMPOSSIBLE. And they are so rare to find...

Maybe I'll just wait...for a miracle.

Be patient and regularly check the member's sales threads here, there are reasonable deals from time to time. I used to be in your position but I found an UM for reasonable price here.

Which seekers besides Skywarp are you looking for?

Arcee
29th September 2011, 08:51 PM
Be patient and regularly check the member's sales threads here, there are reasonable deals from time to time. I used to be in your position but I found an UM for reasonable price here.

Which seekers besides Skywarp are you looking for?
I have Starscream and am happy with my Hasbro Generations Thundercracker. I'm thinking I want Skywarp and Thrust; unsure about Ramjet. At the moment not at all into Dirge. But according to someone...and my own experience (seeing I started not into any seeker but then look at me now...) probably in the end I'll just want them all :( They are indeed a disease lol...

Sarquiss
29th September 2011, 09:18 PM
I have Starscream and am happy with my Hasbro Generations Thundercracker. I'm thinking I want Skywarp and Thrust; unsure about Ramjet. At the moment not at all into Dirge. But according to someone...and my own experience (seeing I started not into any seeker but then look at me now...) probably in the end I'll just want them all :( They are indeed a disease lol...

Arcee, you are in the same boat as my when I first got into Transformers again. Originally, I just wanted the three seekers but then that grew to wanting the Seekers and Coneheads (I eventually got all of the seekers/coneheads including both Henkei and Classics Starscream and Thundercracker for a great price on ebay). Anyways, I don't regret buying the entire set as they are awesome :D

*Runs and plays with his Seekers*

kaiden
29th September 2011, 09:19 PM
all the generations seekers are really good and well, if you even have one - you need the trio.

KillinSpoon
30th September 2011, 12:13 AM
all the generations seekers are really good and well, if you even have one - you need the six.

Fixed. :p

Arcee
30th September 2011, 01:40 AM
Fixed. :p
You are the one to be blamed. Why did you tell me about the seekers? I wasn't aware about their existence and was happy with my Thundercracker. You got me into thinking!

Hursticon
30th September 2011, 02:42 AM
I was lucky to pick up each one as it was released :o; but I can say that for the longest time I, like many others, thought that we'd never get a full set of Seekers :eek: - but just to spur you on in your need for Classicsverse Jets :D:

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/2011%20Acquisitions/APR-23-ACQ-03.jpg

Just keep your eyes out mate, the sales on the boards here are usually an excellent resource but if you have to go to eBay, just be mindful of the prices and I'm sure you'll find a good deal in no time. ;):)

KillinSpoon
30th September 2011, 02:43 AM
You are the one to be blamed. Why did you tell me about the seekers? I wasn't aware about their existence and was happy with my Thundercracker. You got me into thinking!

You were enlightened the day you found out about the classics seekers and you know it! :p

kaiden
30th September 2011, 08:58 AM
there's no sg thundercracker in that pic!

GoktimusPrime
30th September 2011, 09:48 AM
Also no G2 Ramjet or Acid Storm. :p Together with SG Thundercracker they are -- the Classicsverse Seeker Rejects! :p ;)

KillinSpoon
30th September 2011, 10:39 AM
Also no G2 Ramjet or Acid Storm. :p Together with SG Thundercracker they are -- the Classicsverse Seeker Rejects! :p ;)

You're implying that SG TC is a reject.
It IS the best looking classicverse seeker.

liegeprime
30th September 2011, 04:11 PM
If you do go by ebay though, my only advise... dont bid ... snipe!! I have successfully won a lot of G1s that way. :D

Get all the seekers now while it's still available in some way, once these become really scarce... youd end up paying an arm and a foot... just look at Skywarp he was in a two pack with Magnus and both figures now are hard to find cheap, if at all you can find one. Had to trek all the way to Burwood just so I can get my hands on one when these were the ongoing line, as I never saw one at my local at all, even a few months after...when it was supposed to be the figures out then. Better safe than sorry.

Hursticon
30th September 2011, 04:21 PM
there's no sg thundercracker in that pic!

Sorry guys, I never cared much for those two figures who clearly spent too much time licking Acid Storm; which might explain his absence from the pic also. :p:D

jazzcomp
30th September 2011, 05:09 PM
If Classics/Generations Skywarp/TC are better than Gentei Skywarp/TC, why is the latter more expensive? :)

King Atlas
30th September 2011, 06:06 PM
If you have not already checked out this thread, take a look.

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=9286

griffin
30th September 2011, 06:57 PM
I was lucky to pick up each one as it was released :o; but I can say that for the longest time I, like many others, thought that we'd never get a full set of Seekers :eek: - but just to spur you on in your need for Classicsverse Jets :D:

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/2011%20Acquisitions/APR-23-ACQ-03.jpg

Just keep your eyes out mate, the sales on the boards here are usually an excellent resource but if you have to go to eBay, just be mindful of the prices and I'm sure you'll find a good deal in no time. ;):)

Why stop there... :p

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/seekergroup.jpg

(hope I didn't miss any)

Arcee
30th September 2011, 08:45 PM
Why stop there... :p

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/seekergroup.jpg

(hope I didn't miss any)
HOLY MOTHER!!!!

Knowing Griffin, he never buys KOs so this is not only a gold mill here, but...(refer to the link below)

If you have not already checked out this thread, take a look.

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=9286

...imagine the time and effort he's put into this air force!

To be honest this post got me utterly scared. It is impossible to tell the difference and especially when they deliberately trick you into believing they are the authentic ones.

I wonder how Griffin Prime tackles with this problem. It is easy to say you never buy KO but when it's everywhere and looks more real than the real ones...???

Tallestblue
30th September 2011, 10:01 PM
From my understanding, The Gentei Skywarp and Thundercracker had terrible quality control and the CHMS figures were put together a little better. Really makes you think.

griffin
30th September 2011, 10:29 PM
Me avoiding KOs... it usually takes a little while before a KO comes out, so I just buy stuff as soon as possible after its official release, preferably from reputable sources.
If I do look for something older that has been KO-ed, I'd look to see if there are any guides on how to tell the difference, to be sure I'm getting the real thing.

Sarquiss
30th September 2011, 11:03 PM
Love that picture griffin, it reminds me of my Seekers/Coneheads collection :D

Only ones I am missing are the Botcon exclusives, but knowing me I will own them all eventually :D.

I am actually working on making a stands for the Classics/Henkei Seekers so I can display them in a similar fashion to my Masterpiece Seekers :)

I actually found an old antenna from a USB TV tuner I own and realized that with some modification it would work perfectly as a base foundation. I took some pictures and will be looking into acquiring the parts I need to create something similar (Sorry for the crappy phone pics)

http://i.imgur.com/dvr6z.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/p7qIq.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sbUmi.jpg

griffin
2nd October 2011, 02:51 PM
In case anyone was wanting to know which is which in my group shot above...

The front row are the Hasbro versions.
The second row are the JP versions.
While the rest are mostly exclusives.

So from left, front to back, we have:
Thrust - Hasbro, JP, BotCon.
Dirge - Hasbro, JP, BotCon.
Skywarp - Hasbro, JP. + Hasbro's Acid Storm at the back.
Starscream - Hasbro 1st version, JP, Hasbro 2nd version, JP clear version.
Thundercracker - Hasbro, JP, BotCon, BotCon Actionmaster deco.
Ramjet - Hasbro, JP, Collector Club Gen2 deco.

GoktimusPrime
2nd October 2011, 02:53 PM
Starscreams/Skywarps/Thundercrackers/Dirges/Ramjets/Thrusts: "YES! WE'RE ALL INDIVIDUALS! YES! WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT"

Acid Storm: "I'm not."

Generations Dirge: "Shh!"

:D (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVygqjyS4CA)