PDA

View Full Version : Another Hasbro America TFs incentive promotion

griffin
1st October 2011, 10:11 PM
It seems there's a new incentive promotion for American fans, who already benefit from cheap toys...
Hasbro America have been giving out coupons (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/dotm-voyagers-for-10-at-walmart-after-5-manufacturers-coupon/22896/) to customers at the major retailers, to give them $5 off DotM toys that are over $6.

That means Americans can now get a Commander figure for $3, a Human Alliance Basic figure for $5, or a Deluxe for $7!
$7 Deluxes... how great would that be if we were given those prices here?

If only Hasbro America's "generosity" extended beyond America for once, with all these discounts, promotions and free stuff.

Zippo
2nd October 2011, 01:08 PM
Can I sense some rage there griffin!?

griffin
2nd October 2011, 03:01 PM
I'm trying to minimise negativity in the postings, as it can spoil the atmosphere of the board itself, but I want to highlight the situation we have here to fans and Hasbro Australia. I've found that complaining directly to Hasbro gets no response because I'm just one person... so I was hoping to have more fans voice their opinion or protest against our predicament (higher prices with no rewards). They won't change their behaviour if they think we are content with the current situation.

Would a petition to Hasbro, or doing up flyers and leaving them with the toys in stores for regular consumers to know what they are missing out on here, be a better idea perhaps?

KillinSpoon
2nd October 2011, 05:46 PM
I think I prefer paying over 2-3 times the price at US retail to fund these promotions for the Americans.

Share the love guys...

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2920/img7615a.jpg

SkyWarp91
2nd October 2011, 05:57 PM
Think KS spends too much time on the 4chans

KillinSpoon
2nd October 2011, 07:32 PM
Think KS spends too much time on the 4chans

Too much time smoking the sarcasm stick SW. There is no way you can think that it is fair. I know that you don't because most of your DOTM toys were bought during the sales and if not imported.
It angers me how Hasbro America can continuously reward their US market yet Hasbro AU don't even bat an eyelid.

Hursticon
2nd October 2011, 07:39 PM
Why would Hasbro AU reward the AU Market? :confused:, with the pricing they attach to things, ridiculous approach to line/wave take up with local retailers and the pathetic marketing of their IPs here; it would seem to me they could care less about the market and more about profits for shareholders i.e. Business-as-usual Corporate Australia. :rolleyes:

I tend to think that there isn't really a 'Soul' to Hasbro AU anyway; just another distribution office full of Utility Drones. :rolleyes:
(That's not to tarnish Hasbro Global, just our local mob of pen pushers ;))

griffin
2nd October 2011, 09:51 PM
There are people at Hasbro Australia, most with souls and feelings too... so don't be too quick to judge their motives. Most of this is because Hasbro America sets the prices and the policies, tying the hands of the local branches, forcing them to do the things we as fans aren't happy with.
So unless we see something that says otherwise, I think it would be better to sympathise with the local branch people, because they probably get abused for stuff that isn't even their choice.

loophole
2nd October 2011, 09:57 PM
Would a petition to Hasbro, or doing up flyers and leaving them with the toys in stores for regular consumers to know what they are missing out on here, be a better idea perhaps?

probably wouldnt be a bad idea. let all the mums know about it

Defcon
2nd October 2011, 10:21 PM
That means Americans can now get a Commander figure for $3, a Human Alliance Basic figure for $5, or a Deluxe for $7!
$7 Deluxes... how great would that be if we were given those prices here?

At those prices I can understand how one can get annoyed. So they are getting generous discounts on already low prices thats outrageous! Though even if in Aus we got like $5 vouchers as well, I'd be happy, but it really only reduces an item down to a sale price anyway, we still cant compare to US prices. I would prefer a "buy one get one free" promotion, not only would we get a great price, retailers can move more stock off the shelves. A discount on a single item just dosen't cut it.

griffin
3rd October 2011, 12:54 AM
Yeah, a $5-off coupon in America would need to be $15-off coupon here to be a comparable discount for us. Then I'd certainly buy Deluxes here.

SkyWarp91
3rd October 2011, 03:26 AM
Too much time smoking the sarcasm stick SW. There is no way you can think that it is fair. I know that you don't because most of your DOTM toys were bought during the sales and if not imported.
It angers me how Hasbro America can continuously reward their US market yet Hasbro AU don't even bat an eyelid.

I don't think it is fair, and I was referring to that pic :p

And maybe Griffin is right, there maybe needs to be that communication between loyal consumers and Hasbro - they should reward our loyalty to them but at the same time we shouldn't ask too much from them.

KillinSpoon
3rd October 2011, 10:52 PM
I actually google 'obviously I'm kidding' iirc, but yeah. Point taken :)

griffin
21st October 2011, 01:26 AM
Even more $5 off $6+ toy purchase coupons for American fans (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-facebook-fans-get-5-off-coupons/23036/)... this time through Facebook.
They keep getting all the good deals and cheaper than cheap toys.

And just like Fort Max, we get the shaft.
(10 points to anyone who gets that reference :p )

5FDP
21st October 2011, 09:54 AM
And just like Fort Max, we get the shaft.
(10 points to anyone who gets that reference :p )

Issue #39 of the original (and still the best) Marvel Transformers comic.

Now... how do I spend those points :rolleyes: