PDA

View Full Version : Future Chronicle sets?

griffin
1st October 2011, 10:21 PM
With Optimus and Megatron sets just released in Japan, speculation is already brewing on future sets (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/takaras-chronicle-sets-hint-at-possible-future-reissues/22899/)... as in, if there are more, who will they be?

Apparently, on the inner flaps of the packaging of the first two sets, are possible hints on future sets.
On the Optimus set, there are pics of G1 & Movie Bumblebee, plus G1 & Movie Ratchet.
While on the Megatron set, there are pics of G1 & Movie Starscream, plus... and this is the interesting bit... G1 & Movie Shockwave.

If this really is suggesting that those are the next four sets, could we really be seeing a Gen1 Shockwave reissue, after all these years?

Kinda exciting actually.

kaiden
1st October 2011, 11:41 PM
there's ironhide as well.

the rumours sound promising and hopefully they can come to fruition.

griffin
2nd October 2011, 03:10 AM
Ah yes, I forgot the G1 & Movie Ironhide pair as well, on the Optimus packaging.

Defcon
2nd October 2011, 08:35 AM
excitement for G1 Shockwave, and I don't mind Starscream

sideswipes brother
2nd October 2011, 09:45 AM
Will not be buying any except for Shockwave. However, from that list, i think that he will be the only one to not be made. :(

1AZRAEL1
3rd October 2011, 07:12 PM
Wow. This has actually excited me. To finally own a Shockwave, I would be over the moon about it. Could be that we will finally get a reissue of him, and I will buy him in a heartbeat.

Now the waiting game begins to see if it's true.

Hursticon
3rd October 2011, 11:56 PM
Wow. This has actually excited me. To finally own a Shockwave, I would be over the moon about it. Could be that we will finally get a reissue of him, and I will buy him in a heartbeat.

Now the waiting game begins to see if it's true.

If it is true, then it'll be one of the fastest and highest selling reissues to date I suspect... But you know that feeling you get when something seems too good to be true? :o

Tetsuwan Convoy
4th October 2011, 12:32 AM
If it is true, then it'll be one of the fastest and highest selling reissues to date I suspect... But you know that feeling you get when something seems too good to be true? :o

Yeh, I'd like to see a scan of the flap, let's make sure Shockwave isn't standing next to Grimlock from the movie an G1 Grimlock.

Oh hang on a sec...:p

griffin
4th October 2011, 02:05 AM
The Seibertron news link in the first post has been updated with pics of the box flaps, showing the different movie & Gen1 characters.

Shirokaze
4th October 2011, 09:23 AM
No way! I can't believe we're getting a Shockwave! I didn't want to get my hopes up, but the box flap just about confirms it:D

5FDP
4th October 2011, 09:37 AM
Like everyone else, the Shockwave set is the only one that interests me. I'll keep my excitement in check though until I see actual pics of the toy.

GoktimusPrime
4th October 2011, 10:41 AM
Yeah, I'm taking this with a huge grain of salt, because according to Snakas's post here (http://twitpic.com/6tej6b), these images are just Character Introductions (i.e. "Let's compare more DotM characters with their G1 namesakes!") -- and NOT necessarily indicative of upcoming products.

It's only been on Western fan sites that rumours of a reissue Shockwave has emerged based on seeing these images and possibly not reading the text that explains what they're about. Having not seen the box or inserts for myself, I can't tell directly, but snakas doesn't state that this is indicative of any upcoming releases and says that rumours about a reissue Shockwave have been coming from Western fan sites... certainly not from him.

I think it's best to follow 5FDP's lead and hold onto our horses until we see more official confirmation.

UltraMarginal
4th October 2011, 04:55 PM
Yeah, I'm taking this with a huge grain of salt, because according to Snakas's post here (http://twitpic.com/6tej6b), these images are just Character Introductions (i.e. "Let's compare more DotM characters with their G1 namesakes!") -- and NOT necessarily indicative of upcoming products.

It's only been on Western fan sites that rumours of a reissue Shockwave has emerged based on seeing these images and possibly not reading the text that explains what they're about. Having not seen the box or inserts for myself, I can't tell directly, but snakas doesn't state that this is indicative of any upcoming releases and says that rumours about a reissue Shockwave have been coming from Western fan sites... certainly not from him.

I think it's best to follow 5FDP's lead and hold onto our horses until we see more official confirmation.

:(

I am hopefull for a shockwave, again, really the only set I'm interested in.

GoktimusPrime
4th October 2011, 05:38 PM
Me too. And as the only G1 character in that group that has never been reissued before, I'm certain a LOT of fans would be jump at the chance of getting a Chronicle Shockwave -- or better yet, Encore Shockwave (it'd be cheaper, and I really don't need another DotM Shockwave!).

But yeah, I just don't want people getting their hopes up over what's only rumours at this stage. Cos as far as I can tell, all TakaraTOMY have done with this flaps is just a basic G1/movie character comparison - pretty much in the same spirit as the G1/Movieverse toy comparison thread (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=6709). I can't see anything that directly indicates or states that these comparisons are indicative of future products.

Demonac
4th October 2011, 07:53 PM
Does TakaraTomy own the mould for Shockwave?

GoktimusPrime
4th October 2011, 09:30 PM
That's a good question. Shockwave was based off ToyCo's Astro Magnum figure, but unlike other non-Takara G1 moulds, Shockwave WAS released in Japan by Takara... so either Takara acquired ToyCo or they managed to acquire the rights for Astro Magnum's mould.

So Takara must have had the mould at some stage. The fact that Takara have never reissued Shockwave before leads me to suspect that either:
+ Takara didn't own the mould but they were able to get ToyCo to manufacture the toy for them
+ Takara had the mould but it has since become lost or destroyed. :(

...so given that, I'm not gonna believe that there's gonna be any Shockwave reissue unless I see some evidence.

yoshi594
4th October 2011, 09:57 PM
anyhoo...i'd be up for a group order for whateva lies ahead!

bowspearer
8th October 2011, 01:56 PM
I'm with Gok on this one. Considering how popular Shockwave is; it stands to reason that if he could have been reissued before this; he would have been. I'm completely open to being wrong on this and would love to be proven wrong on this, but I highly doubt I am.