PDA

View Full Version : MP Rodimus Ver 2 - out, with changes

griffin
3rd October 2011, 01:58 AM
Released at the same time as MP10 Convoy, is the re-release of the MP Rodimus figure. It was re-released so soon after its initial release for tweeking, which should have been done first time around... but I guess they had a schedule to keep, and they didn't have time to fix the bugs in time.

The Allspark forum has posted up details and pics (http://www.allspark.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=82523) of the changes between versions, giving fans who haven't got one yet more of a reason to buy one now (and gives those of us who did buy it, more reason to be upset).

For those wanting to make sure they get the second version, the only way you can tell on the packaging is the date stamp on the bottom (it'll say H2511 - which means it was packaged August 25th 2011).

doublespy
3rd October 2011, 09:50 PM
okay. now i have to get rid of the 1st version and get one of these.
glad they fixed nearly all the mold flaws that that have kept many people away from this otherwise wel desined toy.
still not clear on whether it's the hasbro elbow or the takara one that's the standard issue for this version though..

Tober
4th October 2011, 04:13 AM
Yeah, painful. I have one as a gift that needs to be replaced as well, so multiple purchases at this time is a bitter pill. :mad:

yoshi594
4th October 2011, 08:32 AM
wish i bought one when rk had the fixed version for 159.95 and our dollar was above the USD xD.

I'd be up for a group order if there was one for this guy :)

5FDP
4th October 2011, 09:23 AM
I passed on the TRU release but I wouldn't be complaining too much... it was a 'masterpiece' toy available for $80 ($60 if you picked it up during the sale).

UltraMarginal
4th October 2011, 11:41 AM
I'm finally very keen for this version, though what BBTS is asking is highway robbery. I think I'm just going to wait this out till it becomes a price that I can justify paying.

kurdt_the_goat
4th October 2011, 12:22 PM
Everyone should have some version of this toy.
It gets a lot of flak, but does a lot of things right too!
It's highly accurate in both modes and very sturdy to pose (with great possibilities thanks to a huge amount of articulation.
Thankfully my original release is still holding up after many transforms - a lot of the first run problems were blown a bit out of proportion imo, but it's good that they made an effort to fix this second run (and they seem to have got MP10 right on the first go too)

yoshi594
4th October 2011, 01:48 PM
I'm finally very keen for this version, though what BBTS is asking is highway robbery. I think I'm just going to wait this out till it becomes a price that I can justify paying.

I thought mp prices only go up. I'd b up for a group order at rk :)

Tober
4th October 2011, 02:01 PM
I'm up for two or three orders as well. If anyone wants to organise a group let me know. RK give me the sh-ts tho, so I personally won't touch them... if possible.

yoshi594
4th October 2011, 02:06 PM
I'm up for two or three orders as well. If anyone wants to organise a group let me know. RK give me the sh-ts tho, so I personally won't touch them... if possible.

I think they're the cheapest option. I bought alot from them b4. If there's a cheaper and safe option, i'd b up for it

UltraMarginal
4th October 2011, 02:14 PM
I thought mp prices only go up. I'd b up for a group order at rk :)

for a while yes, but surely with the vast numbers of the first version of this purchased and all the hasbro hot rods, these are going to be over stocked for a while. I'm going to bank on a sweet spot in a few months, I should also have the funds spare then too...

kup
4th October 2011, 07:59 PM
I am not sure if it's possible to sell the first release and get good value for it now that there is a 'fixed' release.

I guess that I will have to study the fixes made and see if I can replicate and implement them on my first release Rodimus.

kaiden
4th October 2011, 10:37 PM
don't worry MP-19 will be a smaller more anime-accurate version of Rodimus with less gimmicks, duck feet and a little daniel figure.

oh and it'll cost twice as much :P

kup
4th October 2011, 11:39 PM
don't worry MP-19 will be a smaller more anime-accurate version of Rodimus with less gimmicks, duck feet and a little daniel figure.

oh and it'll cost twice as much :P

lol :D