PDA

View Full Version : Seacons and Nightbeat at TCC Club

sifun
24th May 2008, 09:45 AM
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/club-exclusives-nightbeat-and-seacons-preorders-up-next-week-164957/

Geez $120 USD + shipping for seacons? RIP OFF. Freaking hasbro
Hope Takara do encore king poisoden

Gutsman Heavy
24th May 2008, 11:16 AM
I'll pass on the seacons, I want nightbeat!

Pulse
24th May 2008, 11:25 AM
G2ish Seacons? I don't think so :rolleyes:

kup
24th May 2008, 11:39 AM
I wouldn't mind Night beat but not going crazy over it.

What I would like to see is HasTak remolding Classics Hot Rod's head and giving him a Nightbeat paint job. That would rock.

MV75
24th May 2008, 11:40 AM
Oh man, the price killed it. I also hope for an encore version.
________
Toyota Camry History (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_Camry)

roller
24th May 2008, 02:59 PM
$120 not bad for the full pirancon

sifun
24th May 2008, 03:18 PM
yes but, you can't really say that though.

They repainted Bruticus in R.I.D and in universe, that didn't cost $120 usd + shipping.

Stupid hasblows.

autobreadticon
24th May 2008, 06:15 PM
i agree craptacular, i think there is one less figure anyway.
Gutmans i remember you winning the seacons on ebay :D

griffin
24th May 2008, 07:15 PM
The Seacons, like all the Club exclusive toys, were always going to be expensive, but it works out to be under AU$140 for the set. If that set was released at retail here it wouldn't be priced below that anyway, so comparatively it isn't that expensive for us and our domestic pricing.
It's just a pity that the Official Club keep producing items that a small vocal minority want (Seacons, Astrotrain), which hardly anyone ends up wanting or buying. They should instead focus on figures like Nightbeat, that work well, and are more affordable to most collectors.

For those here that are interested in these items, as promised, I will do up a group order (which can also include any other Club Store items). I'll post something up in the sales section as soon as I have had a read about these new figures, and have a look at what else they currently have in stock in their Store.

MV75
24th May 2008, 08:02 PM
I really still want those seacons, but that price is just too much. Encore for hopes now because look how comparetivly cheap metro and omega are.
________
X videos (http://www.fucktube.com/)

roller
24th May 2008, 08:12 PM

They repainted Bruticus in R.I.D and in universe, that didn't cost $120 usd + shipping.

Stupid hasblows.

Exactly, they want to slit us into factions Evil Rich Scalper Collectors VS lowly loyal fan

All exclusive figures should be new characters not classic characters like Thrust, Dirge and Phiranacon

They think the world is America they forget us other fans, who have as much right as them to get Thundercracker etc

Vote 1 Roller

pheonix83
26th May 2008, 05:39 PM
what seacons are we talking about ?

the G1 seacons ?

or God neptune ?

kup
26th May 2008, 05:49 PM
what seacons are we talking about ?

the G1 seacons ?

or God neptune ?

The Clown Seacons

roller
26th May 2008, 06:47 PM
AKA Universe Seacons

I wonder who chose these G2esque colours? A certain Mr Archer no doubt

Tetsuwan Convoy
26th May 2008, 11:26 PM
AKA Universe Seacons

I wonder who chose these G2esque colours? A certain Mr Archer no doubt

I don't think Archer would have much of a say on what the TFCC does. I believe they chose those colours to differentiate the set from the "better looking and more likely to sell better as well" G1 Seacons.

Were there any G2 seacons?

griffin
27th May 2008, 12:31 AM
The TFCC Seacon colours ARE the Universe colours that someone at Hasbro (possibly Archer at the time) put together about 4 years ago, hoping to get a US store to want them as a store exclusive. They couldn't 'find a home' for the (Universe) Seacons, so they were shelved. A small vocal minority of fans wanted to see them released, mostly because they had been teased with the painted pre-production figures of Gen1 TFs. The collector club eventually pursued the idea of releasing the Universe Seacons, in the same Universe colours, and ended up having 1500 sets of them done up, despite being stuck with heaps of Astrotrain toys that were produced for the same reason (vocal minority wanting a pre-production figure released).

BotCon toys and Membership toys are all coloured by the Club staff, but the Seacons and Astrotrain are essentially based on the colours they were originally going to have if they had actually been released as store exclusives a few years ago.

kup
27th May 2008, 02:07 AM
At least the mold exists and that means that there is a VERY remote possibility that Takara may reissue the G1 Seacons.

Paulbot
27th May 2008, 07:57 AM
I was thinking that Takara did reissue (a version of) the Seacons in Beast Wars II... but then I realised that was actually 10 years ago. Yikes!

MV75
31st May 2008, 03:21 PM
The TFCC Seacon colours ARE the Universe colours that someone at Hasbro (possibly Archer at the time) put together about 4 years ago, hoping to get a US store to want them as a store exclusive. They couldn't 'find a home' for the (Universe) Seacons, so they were shelved. A small vocal minority of fans wanted to see them released, mostly because they had been teased with the painted pre-production figures of Gen1 TFs. The collector club eventually pursued the idea of releasing the Universe Seacons, in the same Universe colours, and ended up having 1500 sets of them done up, despite being stuck with heaps of Astrotrain toys that were produced for the same reason (vocal minority wanting a pre-production figure released).

BotCon toys and Membership toys are all coloured by the Club staff, but the Seacons and Astrotrain are essentially based on the colours they were originally going to have if they had actually been released as store exclusives a few years ago.

Which astrotrain do you mean? The TFC one or that big crappy armada repaint thing?
________
MFLB (http://vaporizer.org/portable)

griffin
31st May 2008, 04:11 PM
http://www.transformersclub.com/clubex07.cfm

MV75
31st May 2008, 04:18 PM
Dang, I was hoping you meant the tfc one because it made its way to stores here. :) The seacons here for half that price would have been great.
________
ECIGARETTE (http://vaporizer.org/)

llamatron
1st June 2008, 05:10 PM

Stupid hasblows.

Good job completely misunderstanding the situation.

Seacons are a club exclusive - they were originally intended as a normal release but Hasbro couldn't get any store to pick them up so they were canceled. The club stepped up and decided to use them as an exclusive. Club exclusives have very small production runs and hence cost a *lot* more to produce than regular figures. This is why the cost is "high."

liegeprime
2nd June 2008, 07:58 PM
thanks goodness I was able to win the complete set cheaply on ebay 2 years back, the original colors were.... well it reminds me of lollies. This one well hmmmm also its missing one member, oh well as kup said at least the molds still exist, mebbe takara can do an encore version - could work out cheaper :D