PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Toyhunting.com?

Verno
6th October 2011, 11:43 AM
Has anyone ever bought from Toyhunting.com (http://www.toyhunting.com/index.php)?

I'm looking at the Henkei Dinobot they've got in stock, and it's cheaper than anywhere else I can find online, but I've never heard of the site before so wanted to do a bit of research first.

A quick Google search threw up some complaints on TFW2005 and Seibertron, but has anyone here had dealing with them before?

UltraMarginal
6th October 2011, 11:57 AM
I've never heard of them.

are the complaints about stuff not turning up, excess postage cost, or postage time? I find some complainers especially when it comes to postage time are often blowing things out of proportion.

I made a purchase on ebay just recently, the seller messaged me practically begging for positive feedback and high star counts on postage time saying that being regular international post it would potentially take several weeks and to please be patient etc.
there was even a note along the same lines in the package when it arrived.

I think it took maybe 7 business days to arrive, and it was well packed, if he's had a hard time from other people on that level of service then there are definitely some complainers out there.

UltraMarginal
6th October 2011, 12:00 PM
they seem to have a fairly solid website, and though they don't seem to have the same amount of stock as say BBTS, they also have some very reasonable prices. HA B I'm looking at you

Verno
6th October 2011, 12:01 PM
The complaints were in regards to things not turning up and lack of communication from the seller - not replying to emails etc. The type of things that make you worry as an international buyer.

UltraMarginal
6th October 2011, 12:45 PM
that is a bit concerning.

I'd be cautious, might be worth spending a littl emore to be sure you are going to get it.

gdmetro
6th October 2011, 02:35 PM
I just had a 5 sec browse. Seems they still have some scarcer henkeis in stock and for low prices.. that for me, rings alarm bells.

k.wong23
6th October 2011, 03:12 PM
Use paypal, the worst case scenario is the goods don't turn up and you raise a dispute and get your money back!

canofwhoopass_87
6th October 2011, 03:56 PM
Verno man, you really dig beastformers :p

Anything paid via paypal outside of ebay doesn't guarantee 100% that you'll get your money back in the event of a mishap. I strongly agree with young Ultramarginal and think you should avoid. For piece of mind, you're better off forking out a little bit more cash and buying somewhere more reliable.

UltraMarginal
6th October 2011, 04:48 PM

Anything paid via paypal outside of ebay doesn't guarantee 100% that you'll get your money back in the event of a mishap. I strongly agree with young Ultramarginal and think you should avoid. For piece of mind, you're better off forking out a little bit more cash and buying somewhere more reliable.

:D
shucks, though if you're calling me young, you must be older than the Allspark itself!!:eek::p

Verno
6th October 2011, 05:00 PM

Guilty as charged :cool:

The trouble with a figure like Dinobot is that every reliable TF selling site is out of stock of him and not likely to get more in, which forces my hand, and puts me between a rock (eBay) and a hard place (less reputable sites)

:(

Bumbleb33
4th November 2011, 06:44 PM
Thought I'd post here, I ordered a HA Barricade from these guys and as yet have not received him 24 days later, I understand things take time to receive, but I never received a consignment number nor have I had any response to the 2 emails I have sent asking for one, I don't want to pester a seller if the package is making progress but I am starting to feel as though I am not going to get him. Fortunately the site does use PayPal so hopefully if it doesn't turn up by next week I will be able to do something about it.
I will post up if and when I get Barricade.

reillyd
4th November 2011, 09:26 PM
Thought I'd post here, I ordered a HA Barricade from these guys and as yet have not received him 24 days later, I understand things take time to receive, but I never received a consignment number nor have I had any response to the 2 emails I have sent asking for one, I don't want to pester a seller if the package is making progress but I am starting to feel as though I am not going to get him. Fortunately the site does use PayPal so hopefully if it doesn't turn up by next week I will be able to do something about it.

Since you used paypal, you need to file a paypal claim EXTREMELY quickly. Unless they can provide evidence of shipping to paypal.com, the case will be decided in your favour. Often, when items are "not sent", a paypal claim gets a new one couriered to you quickly.

liegeprime
5th November 2011, 12:25 AM

That is too long... most things from US take as long as 3 weeks from my experience... and that's the longest. Anything beyond you should file quick coz Paypal has this weird window period which if your not careful you might miss it and say goodbye to your moolah....

Bumbleb33
9th November 2011, 02:02 AM
Thanks lads, yeah my intention is to escalate the dispute tomorrow morning, I gave ToyHunting one last chance to respond by tomorrow otherwise it goes to escalation, it looks like it is going to escalation :S on the lighter side of things my HA Leadfoot and Roadbuster arrived safely so my HA collection (all bar Barricade) is complete :)

Bumbleb33
13th November 2011, 01:30 AM
Hey Guys just thought I'd post up as my case with ToyHunting has now been resolved through escalation with PayPal who settled the case in my favour.
I personally would advise against using this site, their communication was beyond terrible, other than an automated email with my receipt number (at the time of purchase) at no stage did I receive any form of any other communication, even after multiple emails to various email addresses associated with toyhunting.com.

If I were you, I'd stay away from toyhunting.com