PDA

View Full Version : New 3rd Party Wheelie

Ultra Mackness
6th October 2011, 09:58 PM
Okay not the favoritest of TF characters, but the toy always bothered me with certain inaccuracies, like having a face in the middle of his chest. I found this on ioffer and although not a huge fan/collector of 3rd party stuff, I thought I'd pick this up.

Unfortunately it is astounding. Seems to be made by a group called Yom-G and is probably 70% die cast with a great paint job and a huge set of stickers. It also comes with two bio cards (one transparent, one opaque) that are the same size, shape and material as a credit card. Wheelie Survivalist is about the size of a deluxe generations figure and comes in some really great packaging. A lot of attention to detail has gone into this figure - he can be transformed so that his head is in his chest or above the shoulders and he even has rubber tyres and holes in his fists that could fit a weapon. Articulation at all joints except the shoulders is very good and he doesn't come with a sling shot, but on the box is a silhouette of an upcoming release that looks like (not-) powerglide and that the sling shot will come with this. Box also has techspecs and bio that are a direct rip of hasbro Wheelie.

kup
7th October 2011, 10:31 AM
Pass.

Looks too chibby and chubby.

primatives
7th October 2011, 11:49 AM
im waiting for mine. looks cool imo only prob he is just slightly too big for the classics but good for mp

Sarquiss
7th October 2011, 07:46 PM
:( Don't understand why they would make him so big and clunky.

Will give this figure a miss :(

Lord_Zed
8th October 2011, 12:04 AM
For me this seems similar to the Impossible toys Arcee. It looks very G1 which is cool, but I'd prefer an updated classics design, Wheelimus Prime even.

reillyd
10th October 2011, 11:38 PM
I never liked the original wheelie toy (no articulation, very chunky) but if they'd released a Wheelie like that, I would have been blown away. Very cool, but its a shame they are so hard to get.

GoktimusPrime
11th October 2011, 10:11 AM
Okay not the favoritest of TF characters, but the toy always bothered me with certain inaccuracies, like having a face in the middle of his chest.

I never liked the original wheelie toy (no articulation, very chunky)
Wheelie is nobody's favourite TF character. Back when Rob Jung ran the annual "Trannies" fan awards, Wheelie (and Daniel) were always voted as the character you'd most like to kill or something similarly nasty like that. :) Little wonder that in BotCon 2001 both Wheelie and Daniel were both officially killed off (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/9/99/Departure-WheelieDaniel.jpg). ;D

And yeah, the toy does indeed suck hard too... easily the WORST of all the G1 Autobot mini-cars... part of the problem when you try to engineer a toy and cartoon character at the same time which never works as well as just engineering the toy as a toy first and letting animators/artists make a model based on the toy afterwards. Even today it still doesn't work as well... (-_-)

primatives
13th October 2011, 09:13 AM
hmm there seems to be no love for this guy i just got him and he is too big for the classics but fits in well with MP. But one thing this company has for it is definate quality!! Has die cast is absolutely fantastic quality, great paint apps and feels solid, much better than perfect effect products for example.

Lint
13th October 2011, 10:24 AM
MP scaled eh? True test would be to see if he can ride MP Grimlock :D

GoktimusPrime
16th October 2011, 08:20 PM
MP scaled eh? True test would be to see if he can ride MP Grimlock :D

I wouldn't want to subject my MP Grimlock to that kind of humiliation. :p ;)

bruticus
5th November 2011, 09:03 AM
mine arrived yesterday from ioffer.
quality is pretty good! as mickymac has already stated, it has tight joints, good paint job, good articulation, lots of die cast parts, rubber tyres, excellet packaging and artwork. they have definitely paid lot of attention to details.

Hey Mickymac, are you sure that the slingshot weapon will come with the next release - powerglide?
also what is up with the left shoulder joint upgrade piece shown on the back of the box? i cant figure out what that is.

Ultra Mackness
5th November 2011, 02:00 PM
Hey Bruticus,

He's a pretty cool figure isnt he? I have had mine in the box and got him out again today after seeing this and to be honest Ive gotten more enjoment out of the figure than I did out of the watching the character!

I had read this review

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/the-transformer-superalloy-c80-wheelie-survivalist-pictorial-review/22798/

of the figure before purchasing which is where I got the idea about the slingshot coming with their next release, but that is how I would interpret the pic on the back of the box anyway. I looked up a few pics of the jizaitoys release and while it came with a slingshot, there was nothing resembling a shoulder upgrade. Was there any stage in the film/series that wheelie wore a bandolier? Maybe a new storage attachment for the slingshot - I'm down to pure speculation here. Also what if the image of wheelie on the back was upside down, then the slingshot would still be at his waist, but right way up, and the upgrade would be something for his leg - again speculation as I really have no idea :).