PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Prime S01E25 *SPOILERS* oh and E26

KaRNiV8L PRiME
6th October 2011, 10:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/Carbonizer8

Youtube user has uploaded EP 25 & 26 poor quality and sound on his digicam but enjoy

KillinSpoon
6th October 2011, 10:15 PM
Must... Not... Read... Spoilers...
(I'll post properly when I watch it!)

KaRNiV8L PRiME
6th October 2011, 10:58 PM
SPOILERS!

Episode 25

- Was just flat out boring and nothing really happened

Overall 3/10

Episode 26

+ Loved the idea of how Megatron got his name
+ Orion Pax!
+ Loved how Megatron was refused "Prime" status
+ "Always watch out for the quiet ones"
+ Soundwave
+ Megatron is controlled by no-one
+ Key of vector sigma
+ Primus

- Unicron easily defeated
- Optimus forgetting who he was

Overall 8/10

Overall Feeling on Season 1 - 6/10

liegeprime
7th October 2011, 12:20 AM
Wow, that was... kinda anti climactic? :( ah well

Gutsman Heavy
16th October 2011, 07:45 PM
A fittingly bland end to a bland first season of a bland 'toon.

Bland.

Sutton
16th October 2011, 09:03 PM
Not a bad show, but nowhere near the fantastic Clone Wars series...

Let's hope they can pull a 'Beast Wars' and really hit their stride in Season 2.

KillinSpoon
16th October 2011, 09:10 PM
Soundwave was pretty badass. Unicron died too easily. I pretty much agree with everything that KP added.

Bartrim
16th October 2011, 10:10 PM
If the rest of the season would of been good then the twist at the end would of been icing on the cake, but even that end of season cliffhanger couldn't save a ho-hum season.

Here's hoping season 2 explores more of the past tying it closer to WFC/FOC... Oh and has less Miko in it.

griffin
17th October 2011, 01:32 AM
Finished watching the entire season, and I think it "ended" well enough. I kinda imagined Optimus/Orion being tied up somewhere inside the Decepticon ship and being tortured and beaten for the recreation/fun of the troops. But that won't happen. Not because it would be too gruesome for the kiddies (since this series is already dark, gruesome and creepy since the first episode), but because I think the writers are wanting to explore the idea of Optimus fighting for the Decepticons for a while and then later remembering who he really is.

Earth being Unicron - I guess it's at least one new idea, after 25 years of the Unicron Vs Primus concept. I like the way the 'fleas' are trying to eliminate the host 'dog' just to save themselves... but I would have thought that if Unicron is essentially the life-force of this planet, his removal or death is likely to affect the infestation (the lifeforms on the surface). I think we'll see more of the Unicron & Primus elements in future seasons, as TF-Prime fleshes out the first 13 mythology (judging from the various BotCon panels about it's long term direction).

The Key to Vector Sigma plot device was disappointing - giving to a kid a device that is second only in importance to the Matrix. If I were one of the other Autobots, I'd be offended for not being considered trust-worthy enough to be handed down such a device.

The big disappointment, which actually had me searching TFWiki for an answer - where was Starscream? The most interesting, creative Decepticon character in this series, who often steals the show, or at least, is the show when focussing on the Decepticons... completely missing from the last 6 episodes. Even if he did leave the Decepticons, there should still have been some way of including him in some of those episodes, regardless of him being a part of the main plot.
Having Airachnid taking on the role of Starscream in the final episode just made it more obvious that that character was missing and should have been the one attempting to take over the leadership (and getting his butt kicked by Soundwave).
Even in Beast Wars when Tarantulas left the Predacons, he was still around, and was very much involved in the ongoing story arc. It just feels like the writers of this show couldn't work Starscream into any of the last 6 episodes in any way, so just hoped no one would even notice his absence. Heck, even a cameo appearance somewhere, like when the earth was breaking up during Unicron's awakening, would have made more sense than not seeing him at all.

Well, according to the TFWiki, the second season of TF-Prime is expected in a months time... so at least we won't have to wait long to see what happens next.

Lint
19th October 2011, 08:21 PM
Megatron really redeemed himself in that last episode. :)
Also awesome to see Soundwave take the front seat for a change.

Firestorm
20th October 2011, 06:45 PM
wasnt expecting the ending, but at the same time the actual confrontation with unicron felt pretty anticlimactic

good to see soundwave finally doing something, still wishing he'd speak though
http://i52.tinypic.com/2yysb2r.jpg

kinda disapointed that Starscream didnt show up at all, and that Ratchet didnt get any fights. good to actually see breakdown though

so next season Orion is a con, and the Autobots will be even more hopelessly outnumbered, I wonder who will be in charge while Optimus is gone (please dont let it be Jack)

Tetsuwan Convoy
30th October 2011, 04:24 PM
I wonder who will be in charge while Optimus is gone (please dont let it be Jack)
That's a very good point actually. None o the other Autobots have any leadership qualities in them. Ratchet has the brains, but little field skills, unless he whips out some synthetic Energon.

HOOWAH!

Although With Orion in the ranks of the 'Cons, it wouldn't surprise me to see a new guy rock up just in the nick of time to become a capable stand-in leader. Then when Op gets back, there can be some conflict.

Hmm, if I hadn't been reading about FOC, I'd say Grimbo, but I know how much Hasbro dislike him now...:p

5FDP
31st October 2011, 09:42 AM
Finally got around to watching the final episode. I didn't mind it but I'm not necessarily hanging to see what happens when season 2 starts unlike the season ending of Transformers Animated.

I find this to be a good show to watch when there is nothing else on TV e.g. gap-filler.