PDA

View Full Version : WFC2 - Fall of Cybertron game revealed

Pages : [1] 2

griffin
7th October 2011, 12:57 PM
The eagerly anticipated follow-up to the War For Cybertron game has been officially announced by Activision, called 'Fall of Cybertron' and is scheduled for release in late 2012 (spring here).

A press release by Activision (which doesn't say much about the game itself) can be seen here (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/activision-officially-announces-transformers-fall-of-cybertron-video-game-for-2012/22934/).

A couple promo artworks can be seen here (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-war-for-cybertron-sequel-title-revealed-fall-of-cybertron/22932/), which are from the gameinformer website, and will be the two covers of their next magazine.

More info will be in the November issue of the gameinformer magazine (not sure if it's released here, but is released mid-October).

Since WFC is tied into the Exodus/Exiles books, expect the game to follow events set up in those stories, as the end of WFC game had them evacuating Cybertron, leaving just a handful of Autobots left behind.

griffin
7th October 2011, 01:03 PM
So, it appears to be Classics Grimlock on one Magazine cover? And with a new form to Optimus, this could mean more WFC toys mid-2012 (with Classics Grimlock re-released as a WFC toy perhaps). Hope that means other Dinobots in the game, and as Classics/WFC toys.

And I wonder who the jet is in the background? Megatron? Thunderwing? Looks nice... I want one. :p

KillinSpoon
7th October 2011, 01:26 PM
I'm just glad that Bumblebee is dead.
Bumblebee this and Bumblebee that gets a tad annoying at times.

kup
7th October 2011, 02:04 PM

I doubt that he is dead since this is a prequel and Hasbro thinks that the TF line is just about Bumblebee and Prime.

This announcement is very awesome indeed! However I have two fears:

- Hasbro may still be persisting on shoehorning WFC into TF Prime and Bumblebee gets injured becoming the annoying mute we have seen in the Bay-verse and Prime.

- No PC release. If this happens then it doesn't matter how good this game may be, I won't be able to play it as I don't have any consoles. I am a PC only gamer.

Zippo
7th October 2011, 02:16 PM
Excellent, just wish I had a console to play it on

Hursticon
7th October 2011, 02:25 PM
There had better be a PC release! :mad:

BAM! :eek::

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/gami_223_cov_front_v2.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/cov_223_v1_l.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/cov_223_v2_l.jpg

Courtesy of Gameinformer.com (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/10/06/november-cover-revealed-transformers-fall-of-cybertron.aspx).

KillinSpoon
7th October 2011, 02:27 PM
I doubt that he is dead since this is a prequel and Hasbro thinks that the TF line is just about Bumblebee and Prime.

I jumped the gun on that one.
One can dream.

UltraMarginal
7th October 2011, 02:29 PM

This announcement is very awesome indeed! However I have two fears:

- Hasbro may still be persisting on shoehorning WFC into TF Prime and Bumblebee gets injured becoming the annoying mute we have seen in the Bay-verse and Prime.

- No PC release. If this happens then it doesn't matter how good this game may be, I won't be able to play it as I don't have any consoles. I am a PC only gamer.

I have a Wii, but I'd only be playing this on PC, I recently bought the PC version of WFC in June when I was in the states, I would be sending away for this release since i won't be going back any time soon.

Paulbot
7th October 2011, 02:51 PM
Looking forward to another edition of this game.

I jumped the gun on that one.
One can dream.

The War For Cybertron Bumblebee toy clearly said that this is the form of Bumblebee before he became the mute warrior of Movieverse/Primeverse, and the Exodus novel included the launch of the Allspark incident from the movieverse. So that happening in this game is to be expected.

Presumably that will be a level, and since Bumblebee has to lose, maybe in the Decepticon campaign?

Tetsuwan Convoy
7th October 2011, 02:59 PM
So, it appears to be Classics Grimlock on one Magazine cover? And with a new form to Optimus, this could mean more WFC toys mid-2012 (with Classics Grimlock re-released as a WFC toy perhaps). Hope that means other Dinobots in the game, and as Classics/WFC toys.

And I wonder who the jet is in the background? Megatron? Thunderwing? Looks nice... I want one. :p

The Bublebee pic has Optimus with a new look, but the Grimlock Pic has Op looking pretty similar. The Je in the background looks to me to be a Starscream like Seeker.

Grimlock would be pretty awesome to play as!!:D

Arcee
7th October 2011, 03:03 PM

You sick :D...I like the movie Bumblebee only (and way behind my love for Prime lol) and never liked classic version Bumblebee anyway. And it IS annoying to see him EVERYWHERE on the shop shelves but still, we are talking about a real TF and I'd never say I'm happy to see someone (especially an autobot) is dead! :p

Bartrim
7th October 2011, 03:30 PM
Excellent:cool::D

I hope the multiplayer is good. We had some fun saturday nights playing OTCA multiplayer:D

i_amtrunks
7th October 2011, 04:17 PM
Lets hope that any new additions or changes or only to improve the game, not gimmicks that make the gameplay worse...

I wonder if the Wii and Wii U will get versions, and if they will be more closely related to the other console versions, rather than a truncated release that shares the name and some designs only.

Sam
7th October 2011, 05:51 PM
Exciting news! Really hoping there will be a PC release.

And what's with the naming of sequels in films and games nowadays? If it's not "Rise" this, it's "Fall" that.

Thankfully TF3 was "Dark of the Moon". :)

GoktimusPrime
7th October 2011, 06:27 PM
So... if this story still set on pre-Earth contact Cybertron, then why does Grimlock transform into his Earthen Dinobot mode??? Makes no sense... I would've preferred his more traditional Cybertronian (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/4/4b/Skidswheeljackgrimlockkupironhidetww.jpg) tank (http://home.comcast.net/~mathewignash/images/csgrimlock-badass.jpg) mode (http://img.search.com/thumb/a/ac/GrimlockWarWithin1.jpg/180px-GrimlockWarWithin1.jpg). (-_-)

And what's with the naming of sequels in films and games nowadays? If it's not "Rise" this, it's "Fall" that.
It's all building up to a new movie and game series based on that other toy franchise (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yo-yo). ;)

Sarquiss
7th October 2011, 07:35 PM
Ding Dong The Witc...err Bee is Dead :D

Now that is out of the way, I hope that we see an updated toy release for Grimlock and hopefully the other Dinobots. I know all of the hating that is going on about Grimlock not being a tank but who cares Grimlock is awesome :cool:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfuebQtAC1sLQmd-cL1WTLjqJPmP468f7TTgX3b6CebULupBewde27J7HAHg

Me, Grimlock, no bozo. Me king!

GoktimusPrime
7th October 2011, 07:36 PM
Megatron's awesome too... do you think he should transform into a Walther P38 on Cybertron?

Sarquiss
7th October 2011, 07:40 PM
Megatron's awesome too... do you think he should transform into a Walther P38 on Cybertron?

I would give anything to see an updated Dinobot Grimlock released even if it has to be due to him being out of place on Cybertron :P

Also, Megatron is nothing compared to Grimlock

Megatron: [running away from the battlefield] If only one Decepticon survives this assault, it shall be I...
[the Dinobtos emerge behind small hill, blocking his way]
Megatron: No! It isn't possible! I saw you perish beneath the tar pit!
Grimlock: [shoots at Megatron. Megatron collapses, severely damaged] You wrong, and you ugly, too!
Megatron: Retreat, Decepticons! This battle has been lost!
[flying away. The other Decepticons follow]

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9agUNbAfEsaoc-_XxFRjtJRgUPCOd64CFtkzTx-qiTeMJD4WoBPysZmSJ

As Grimlock once said :

Cars and trucks bad. Nature good.

:D

Hursticon
7th October 2011, 07:47 PM
Tyrannosaur NOT Tank. :p:D

Personally, whilst I understand the argument for Grimlock being a Tank, IMO he is far superior as a T-Rex and that is what I remember him as, not a Tank which is a really unnecessary Retcon. :cool:
Also, looking at the artwork that has been released so far; I don't see anything suggesting they're on Cybertron - Giving reason for the differing Bot/Alt modes from WFC 1. ;)
(I realise what the Activision Announcement Info says, this artwork suggests otherwise :))

GoktimusPrime
7th October 2011, 08:17 PM
I don't think it's an unnecessary retcon, I think it makes perfect sense. In G1 Swoop transformed into a jet on Cybertron as part of the Autobot Elite Flying Corps (as seen in the 1987 Annual story "What's In A Name?").
Swoop's Cybertronian alt mode (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/4/4b/WhatsInAName-Swoopjet.jpg)
Swoop's Cybertronian robot mode (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/0/09/SwoopVsDivebombUKAnnual87.jpg)

So while it wasn't until Dreamwave's War Within that we saw the Cybertronian alt modes for Grimlock, Slag, Snarl and Sludge, it was already established way back in 1987 that the Dinobots did have Cybertronian modes different from their dino modes.

And I personally think it's necessary because isn't the entire point of giving the Transformers Cybertronian alt modes part of enforcing that element in TF lore that the Transformers transformed into non-Earthen alt modes prior to their contact on Earth?? It makes no sense for them to transform into Earth modes if they're on Cybertron millions of years before even making contact with Earth.

Are we supposed to believe that by some massive coincidence Grimlock's pre-Earth Cybertronian mode just happens to be the same with what he will transform on Earth? The game designers went to extensive efforts to give every Transformer a different (yet recognisable) appearance in War For Cybertron... seems strange that they would make an exception just for Grimlock.

he is far superior as a T-Rex and that is what I remember him as, not a Tank
Which would you honestly have preferred seeing in War For Cybertron:
+ Bumblebee as a Cybertronian compact car, or as a Volkswagen Beetle
+ Optimus Prime as a Cybertronian truck, or as a Freightliner short-nose cab truck
+ Megatron as a hover tank, or as a Walther P38
+ The Seekers as Cybertronian "tetra jets" or as F-15 Eagles
+ Soundwave as a armoured vehicle or as a portable radio cassette player
+ Ironhide as an armoured vehicle or as a Nissan Cherry vanette
+ Warpath as a BLAM! Cybertronian tank, KA-POW!, or as a ZOWEE! M551A1 Sheridan ARAAV tank, KA-BLOOEY! (WFC Warpath remains my most lovable character in that game! BOOM! :D)
...etc.?

I don't see anything suggesting they're on Cybertron
Optimus Prime and Bumblebee look Cybertronian to me. <shrug>

But if this story takes place after Earth contact, then I take back any criticism I've made about Grimlock's dino mode. It's only if the story occurs prior to contact with Earth that seem illogical to me... unless they're out to prove that there WAS organic life on Cybertron before the Transformers came about! But even then... the odds of said organic life being identical to Earth? (meh why not... they did find a fossilised bat in the core of Cybertron in Beast Machines :p)

Hursticon
7th October 2011, 08:38 PM
I don't think it's an unnecessary retcon, I think it makes perfect sense. In G1 Swoop transformed into a jet on Cybertron as part of the Autobot Elite Flying Corps (as seen in the 1987 Annual story "What's In A Name?").
Swoop's Cybertronian alt mode (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/4/4b/WhatsInAName-Swoopjet.jpg)
Swoop's Cybertronian robot mode (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/0/09/SwoopVsDivebombUKAnnual87.jpg)

So while it wasn't until Dreamwave's War Within that we saw the Cybertronian alt modes for Grimlock, Slag, Snarl and Sludge, it was already established way back in 1987 that the Dinobots did have Cybertronian modes different from their dino modes.

Do the annuals have any baring on the Cartoons or Comics of the time? :confused:
I'm curious as both of the aforementioned mediums had the Dinobots built on Earth and given personalities there and didn't make any mention, to my memory, of them ever existing prior. :o

And I personally think it's necessary because isn't the entire point of giving the Transformers Cybertronian alt modes part of enforcing that element in TF lore that the Transformers transformed into non-Earthen alt modes prior to their contact on Earth?? It makes no sense for them to transform into Earth modes if they're on Cybertron millions of years before even making contact with Earth.

Are we supposed to believe that by some massive coincidence Grimlock's pre-Earth Cybertronian mode just happens to be the same with what he will transform on Earth? The game designers went to extensive efforts to give every Transformer a different (yet recognisable) appearance in War For Cybertron... seems strange that they would make an exception just for Grimlock.

I agree, it makes perfect sense for the Bots to have pre-Earthen Alt modes but in the case of the Dinobots, they have that name for a reason and as I mentioned; The released artwork doesn't suggest that those scenes are on Cybertron IMO. :cool:

Which would you honestly have preferred seeing in War For Cybertron:
+ Bumblebee as a Cybertronian compact car, or as a Volkswagen Beetle
+ Optimus Prime as a Cybertronian truck, or as a Freightliner short-nose cab truck
+ Megatron as a hover tank, or as a Walther P38
+ The Seekers as Cybertronian "tetra jets" or as F-15 Eagles
+ Soundwave as a armoured vehicle or as a portable radio cassette player
+ Ironhide as an armoured vehicle or as a Nissan Cherry vanette
+ Warpath as a BLAM! Cybertronian tank, KA-POW!, or as a ZOWEE! M551A1 Sheridan ARAAV tank, KA-BLOOEY! (WFC Warpath remains my most lovable character in that game! BOOM! :D)
...etc.?

I agree here too, Warpath was awesome! :D
Re: my above statement. :)

Optimus Prime and Bumblebee look Cybertronian to me. <shrug>

They don't look Earthen, no, but they look different to before and I fail to see why they'd change their form whilst still on Cybertron; if it is indeed Cybertron the Artwork depicts them on. ;)

But if this story takes place after Earth contact, then I take back any criticism I've made about Grimlock's dino mode. It's only if the story occurs prior to contact with Earth that seem illogical to me... unless they're out to prove that there WAS organic life on Cybertron before the Transformers came about! But even then... the odds of said organic life being identical to Earth? (meh why not... they did find a fossilised bat in the core of Cybertron in Beast Machines :p)

Don't hold Activision to their word too much dude, they're merely distributing the game and it's High Moon Studios who are developing it so who do you think would know what's going on with the game more? ;); in saying that, I think there is going to be more to the story than what Activision has let on, needless to say though this Magazine is going to be demolished when it gets released, so much speculation. :p

I'm really curious as to how they're going to explain Grimlock's Alt mode if they are on Cybertron, perhaps the Cybertronians had come into contact with Earth much earlier than we had been led to believe? ;):D
(Sound familiar? :p)

Firestorm
7th October 2011, 08:44 PM
WFC2?
but i havnt even finished WFC1 yet! :(
(yeah, i'm no good at shooting games)

kinda strange Grimlock being a T-rex, but then again Trypticon was one as well

Ode to a Grasshopper
7th October 2011, 09:22 PM
But the thing is, playing as a giant mechanical T-Rex is just more awesome than yet another Cybertronian tank. There's already heaps of those.

Quickstrike
7th October 2011, 09:29 PM
So... if this story still set on pre-Earth contact Cybertron, then why does Grimlock transform into his Earthen Dinobot mode???

'cos Dinosaurs are rad. Maybe he gets his Beast mode on Animatron... if that exists in this continuity I don't know.

Tetsuwan Convoy
7th October 2011, 09:32 PM
It's all building up to a new movie and game series based on that other toy franchise (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yo-yo). ;)
ROFL!!:D

But the thing is, playing as a giant mechanical T-Rex is just more awesome than yet another Cybertronian tank. There's already heaps of those.

I agree. Maybe he aint a t-rex, just a monster bot that just so happens to look like a t-rex...:rolleyes:

After all, iirc, the Terrorcons were seen on cybertron in their alt modes in the Headmasters comic, so why can't some of the Autobots have monster modes as well?

I would have liked the opportunity to play as soundwave as a cassette player. Hey it worked in the Takara G1 game.

Not really:p But it was funny!

LordCyrusOmega
7th October 2011, 10:00 PM
Spotlight: Shockwave.
The Dinobots track Shockwave to prehistoric (?) Earth and take on Dinosaur forms al a Beast Wars. So they could come back to Cybertron and become mechanised.

kup
7th October 2011, 10:02 PM
Just for people who don't know (I am surprise that there are still some out there!):

- According to the Marvel comics, the Dinobots were not created on Earth, they 'acquired' their Dinosaur modes on earth after they were awoken early to stop Shockwave - IDW comics (Spotlight Shockwave) also follow a similar storyline.

- The 'Dinobots were created on Earth' is pretty much cartoon only and hasn't really been touched upon since then unlike the comic version. Possibly because it's very silly (IMO)

------

My views on the matter:

It is also clearly established that all Transformers on Cybertron in both Cartoon and comic continuities had different alt modes despite the robot kibble remaining the same in the character models (this is more budgetary than canonical). In Marvel, Grimlock and the Dinobots are established as having Cybertronian vehicle modes until they were reformatted on Earth to confront Shockwave. There are no 'pre-Earth' Dinobots in the cartoon continuity.

Trypticon was indeed in War For Cybertron but he didn't exactly look like a Dinosaur and more like a big war machine non-humanoid monster somewhat evoking the look of one. They still kept the 'Dinosaur' looks subtly ambiguous despite the resemblance to one.

Grimlock is clearly based on a Tyranosaur and that is very 'What the Frack?' as it doesn't make any sense whatsoever as WFC takes place before they ever go to Earth or know of it's existence.

I guess that one can always explain all this with a very Right-Wing 'PRIMUS DID IT!' but I hope this is handled better.

On a side not, I hope they have a PC release as all this will be 'moot' for me if there isn't one.

kaiden
7th October 2011, 10:09 PM

that red blue and white jet? probably starscream.

Hursticon
7th October 2011, 10:19 PM
Just for people who don't know (I am surprise that there are some out there!):

- According to the Marvel comics, the Dinobots were not created on Earth, they 'acquired' their Dinosaur modes on earth after they were awoken early to stop Shockwave - IDW comics (Spotlight Shockwave) also follow a similar storyline.

- The 'Dinobots were created on Earth' is pretty much cartoon only and hasn't really been touched upon since then unlike the comic version. Possibly because it's very silly (IMO)

Oh really? :eek:, Looks like I'll have to go back and re-read that part in the Comics as I do remember that they were sent to intercept Shockwave before the rest of the Bots were activated on the Ark, by millions of years and getting stuck in the Tar Pool :rolleyes::p, but I thought they'd been built at the time for that purpose?... :o
(Just had a quick re-read and I stand corrected :))

Thanks for the clarification Kup, I've been reading these comics one after the other for the 1st time so I guess things have been 'pushed out' in a sense. :p
Hang on though, were they known as the Dinobots prior to their activation on Earth? - That'd be a little odd. :confused:

Still, I don't want Grimlock ending up as yet another boring-ass tank; it did feel odd playing as the Dinobots on the DS version of the game so it'll be refreshing to play a game as a Beastformer. :D

kup
7th October 2011, 10:21 PM
On Cybertron they were known as 'The Dynobots' - I know...

Hursticon
7th October 2011, 10:25 PM
On Cybertron they were known as 'The Dynobots' - I know...

Oh god, lol, you're kidding? :p:D
Who came up with that? :rolleyes::p

Bartrim
7th October 2011, 11:06 PM
WFC Trypticon looked like his G1 self so obviously in this storyline the Transformers have already had some contact with Reptillian life in some form or another.

Or maybe everyone is over analyzing one very early piece of concept art:rolleyes:

griffin
8th October 2011, 01:01 AM
We know that not all Cybertronians were bipeds (humanoid), as we've already seen Laserbeak and Trypticon only had beast forms... so it is quite possible that other animal forms already existed on Cybertron as well, and their similarity to beasts on planets like ours shouldn't be questioned if no one bothers to question why their dominant form (the bipeds) are so similar to our planet's dominant lifeform (biped/humans).

Lord_Zed
8th October 2011, 03:25 AM
Once you start asking too many questions about the transformers back story, then it never stops.

As for WFC2, after the Movie game my faith in the studio is shaken, guess we'll see.

GoktimusPrime
8th October 2011, 09:36 AM
ROFL!!:D
I agree. Maybe he aint a t-rex, just a monster bot that just so happens to look like a t-rex...:rolleyes:

After all, iirc, the Terrorcons were seen on cybertron in their alt modes in the Headmasters comic, so why can't some of the Autobots have monster modes as well?
Non-Earthen monster modes I can accept. A T-Rex, even a robotic one, on the other hand is very much an Earthen mode.

Perhaps they could design him as a non-Earthen looking robotic monster (much like say, the Monsterbots) - but it has certain features that evoke Grimlock's T-Rex mode... much like how Trypticon's robot mode isn't saurian, but it still evokes his Earthen saurian robot mode.

I would have liked the opportunity to play as soundwave as a cassette player. Hey it worked in the Takara G1 game.

Not really:p But it was funny!
Also, wasn't that game set in the distant future of last year? ;)

Oh really? :eek:, Looks like I'll have to go back and re-read that part in the Comics as I do remember that they were sent to intercept Shockwave before the rest of the Bots were activated on the Ark, by millions of years and getting stuck in the Tar Pool :rolleyes::p, but I thought they'd been built at the time for that purpose?... :o
(Just had a quick re-read and I stand corrected :))

Thanks for the clarification Kup, I've been reading these comics one after the other for the 1st time so I guess things have been 'pushed out' in a sense. :p
Hang on though, were they known as the Dinobots prior to their activation on Earth? - That'd be a little odd. :confused:

Still, I don't want Grimlock ending up as yet another boring-ass tank; it did feel odd playing as the Dinobots on the DS version of the game so it'll be refreshing to play a game as a Beastformer. :D

"Dynobots" was a term that Dreamwave came up with for their continuity. In the G1 comics... I don't think their sub-group was ever referred to by name until they got to Earth and became known as Dinobots. Perhaps they were called 「恐流戦隊ファビューラス・ファイブ」 ("Flowing Fear Battle Team Fabulous Five!" - the word 'Flowing Fear' (I just made it up :p) is a play on words because it sounds like the Japanese word for "dinosaur" (which literally means "fearful dragon") but I changed the Kanji for "dragon" to "flowing" :p) - or maybe they were called Team Kick-Butt... who knows. ;)

We know that not all Cybertronians were bipeds (humanoid), as we've already seen Laserbeak and Trypticon only had beast forms... so it is quite possible that other animal forms already existed on Cybertron as well, and their similarity to beasts on planets like ours shouldn't be questioned if no one bothers to question why their dominant form (the bipeds) are so similar to our planet's dominant lifeform (biped/humans).
1. Trypticon and Laserbeak's bestial-looking forms are their robot modes, not their alt modes. Trypticon's alt mode was that massive orbital space station and I don't remember what Laserbeak transformed into in WFC. If it was an 8-track cassette tape, then okay, that's equally as dumb as a dino mode for Grimlock. Also, if you look at WFC Trypticon's robot mode (http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/0/0e/Wfc-trypticon-game-1.jpg) it does look more humanoid (or primate-like) than like a T-Rex. Notice a massive arms and the forward pointing knees -- it's more like a hunched over humanoid or ape... but the colours, bulk and head are designed in a way that evokes Trypticon's saurian G1 robot mode. Laserbeak's WFC robot mode (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/3/35/WFCLaserbeak.jpg) is inspired by his Cybertronian robot mode from the G1 cartoon (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/0/02/Cybertronlaserbeak.jpg).

2. Consistency. All of the WFC Transformers alt modes were consistently portrayed as Cybertronian.
+ Optimus Prime: Cybertronian truck
+ Bumblebee: Cybertronian compact car
+ Sideswipe: Cybertronian car
+ Ironhide: Cybertronian armoured vehicle
+ Warpath: Cybertronian tank
+ Soundwave: Cybertronian armoured vehicle
+ Megatron: Cybertronian tank
+ Starscream: Cybertronian tetrajet
+ Skywarp: Cybertronian tetrajet
+ Thundercracker: Cybertronian tetrajet
+ Air Raid: Cybertronian jet
+ Breakdown: Cybertronian car
...etc.

Showing characters like Trypticon with a bestially inspired robot mode I can accept because that's his robot mode and it's inspired by his G1 robot mode - whether you think it makes sense or not, all the WFC robot modes are G1 inspired, so at least they're consistent in that regard. The issue I have with Grimlock transforming into a robotic dinosaur as his alt mode is that not only does it not make sense as a Cybertronian mode, but it's inconsistent with how other characters in the game are designed... so the Dinobot mode seems "out of character" (if you will) for the setting of this game.

Deonasis
8th October 2011, 11:27 AM
Last night I started to replay WfC after hearing of this and i cannot wait for it (and toys) to come out. WfC is great fun!

kup
8th October 2011, 11:34 AM
Laserbeak and the other 'tapes' Transformed into 'tape like' blocks but not actual cassettes on Cybertron and that includes WFC. When it comes to robot modes, even in the cartoon, laserbeak did not have a 'condor' mode but looked more like a little 'space jet' in the shape of a bird.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060801194607/transformers/images/0/02/Cybertronlaserbeak.jpg

WFC Trypticon's 'robot mode' is very beastial and saurian like but still abstract enough to look alien.

I too prefer Grimlock as a T-Rex but where it is appropriate. Like I would be complaining if he remained a 'tank' on Earth for example. However a clearly Terran Dinosaur on Cybertron before they have ever even known Earth exists, it's hard to accept.

Quickstrike
8th October 2011, 04:07 PM
Ratbat looked like a Bat on Cybertron. Ravage looked like a Cat on Cybertron. Mirage used to hunt Turbofoxes on Cybertron. (We haven't seen them but I think it's safe to assume that Turbofoxes look like Foxes.) Etc. There's apparently similar kinds of Fauna all over the Universe? I guess!

I stand by my "Grimlock gets his Beast mode on Animatron or whatever" theory. Either that or he's a Dinosaur because he's Grimlock and he can be whatever the Hell he wants. Who's going to stop him?

Verno
8th October 2011, 04:27 PM
So what was the State of Play at the end of WFC? As someone who hasn't played the game, and isn't likely to, why is Cybertron Falling?

GoktimusPrime
8th October 2011, 04:44 PM
Here, read this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers:_War_for_Cybertron
:)

Ratbat looked like a Bat on Cybertron. Ravage looked like a Cat on Cybertron.
Again these are technically their robot modes, not their alt modes. And in recent Neo-G1 media their robot modes have been portrayed as looking more Cybertronian.
Cybertronian Ratbat (http://i53.tinypic.com/2isth8l.jpg)
Cybertronian Ravage (http://i53.tinypic.com/2isth8l.jpg)

Mirage used to hunt Turbofoxes on Cybertron. (We haven't seen them but I think it's safe to assume that Turbofoxes look like Foxes.) Etc. There's apparently similar kinds of Fauna all over the Universe? I guess!
We've never seen what Turbofoxes (or Petrorabbits (http://www.onlygoodmovies.com/images/content/killer-rabbit.jpg)) look like... so who knows. But just because they're called foxes doesn't necessarily mean they have to resemble foxes. After all, Firefoxes (aka Red Pandas) are neither foxes nor bears and are more closely related to raccoons, weasels and skunks (Ailuridae family).

I stand by my "Grimlock gets his Beast mode on Animatron or whatever" theory.
I'd buy that theory. Grimlock would need to have contact with some place that has saurians on it in order for him to adapt his alt mode to resemble one. I'd sooner believe that there are T-Rex-like saurians on Animatron than on Cybertron.

Either that or he's a Dinosaur because he's Grimlock and he can be whatever the Hell he wants. Who's going to stop him?
Drift! :p

griffin
8th October 2011, 05:28 PM
1. Trypticon and Laserbeak's bestial-looking forms are their robot modes, not their alt modes.

My point was that if Trypticon & Laserbeak (among others) have as *one* of their modes, a form that is inspired by or mimicking beast forms, why can't Grimlock, or anyone else have a beast alt-mode?
Grimlock chooses to have his alt-mode mimicking a beast, compared to Laserbeak & Trypticon choosing to have their "robot mode" mimicking a beast - they are each visually representing an animal that may have previously existed on Cybertron, or on another world that they had prior contact with.
That's why when I see Gen1 characters that have Beast Robot-modes (mostly cassette-bots), I don't see why we can't have Beast Alt-modes.

Grimlock was a savage, terrifying Autobot, so would want an alt-mode to match. If they had prehistoric beasts on Cybertron, or they had contact with other worlds, he'd want the most intimidating, fearsome looking animal he knew. Not just to scare off the enemy, but to enjoy tearing them apart if they didn't.

In just about every series we have someone with a Beast-themed mode, either the robot-mode or the alt-mode. I just don't see why we can easily have Beast-themed robot modes, but not Beast-themed alt-modes.

Hursticon
8th October 2011, 05:38 PM
In just about every series we have someone with a Beast-themed mode, either the robot-mode or the alt-mode. I just don't see why we can easily have Beast-themed robot modes, but not Beast-themed alt-modes.

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/cheetorthumb.png

Verno
8th October 2011, 05:54 PM
Depending on the outcome of the 'Original 13' debate, one of them may very well have had a bestial form.

The Covenant of Primus mentions a dragon too. Creatures all throughout TF history.

kup
8th October 2011, 06:26 PM
http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/cheetorthumb.png

Even Beast Wars characters didn't have Beast modes on Cybertron. They are clearly implied to be Cybertronian (in the pilot) due to the 'non beastial' robot modes and cemented as so in the Dawn of Future's Past comic.

kup
8th October 2011, 06:28 PM
Depending on the outcome of the 'Original 13' debate, one of them may very well have had a bestial form.

The Covenant of Primus mentions a dragon too. Creatures all throughout TF history.

So the 'PRIMUS DID IT!' explanations may actually be canonical? :eek:

Verno
8th October 2011, 06:32 PM
Even Beast Wars characters didn't have Beast modes on Cybertron. They are clearly implied to be Cybertronian (in the pilot) due to the 'non beastial' robot modes and cemented as so in the Dawn of Future's Past comic.

BotCon 2006 Buzzsaw is clearly a bird though.

Quickstrike
8th October 2011, 06:39 PM
Again these are technically their robot modes, not their alt modes. And in recent Neo-G1 media their robot modes have been portrayed as looking more Cybertronian.
Cybertronian Ratbat (http://i53.tinypic.com/2isth8l.jpg)
Cybertronian Ravage (http://i53.tinypic.com/2isth8l.jpg)

So Grimlock being a guy that turns into a Dinosaur doesn't make sense but Ratbat being a bloody big Bat that turns into... whatever he turned into on Cybertron is ok? I don't really see the difference. (edit: Griffin basically already said this)

Also, I haaaaaate the idea that Ratbat used to be a human looking guy. That's trying to make Transformers "make sense". Bugger that.

We've never seen what Turbofoxes (or Petrorabbits (http://www.onlygoodmovies.com/images/content/killer-rabbit.jpg)) look like... so who knows. But just because they're called foxes doesn't necessarily mean they have to resemble foxes. After all, Firefoxes (aka Red Pandas) are neither foxes nor bears and are more closely related to raccoons, weasels and skunks (Ailuridae family).

Maybe they look like Dinosaurs!

One of them does, yeah.

Bartrim
8th October 2011, 07:19 PM
So what about the fact all these cybertronian vehicles have windscreen/cockpit areas? How is having a vehicle that is clearly designed to accommodate a pilot/driver any different to having a beast alt mode?

tinyJazz
8th October 2011, 10:00 PM
You're no fun Gok. :p I almost can't believe you're whinging about this.

Seriously, the possibility of a playable Grimlock dinosaur is THE BEST THING EVER, but you'd rather have a tank - like half the playable characters ALREADY - just because it makes sense.

Also as a bunch of other members have pointed out, animal forms exist on Cybertron, there's nothing to stop Grimlock being a special snowflake and picking a fearsome beast mode as his alt mode.

ANYWAY, I for one am super pumped for this game! :D high moon did a great job on WFC, and I can't wait to see what they do with this one. Bring on the Fall of Cybertron!

Hursticon
8th October 2011, 10:54 PM

That pic was merely to indicate my support for Beast Alt modes in general, as such I think it is quite fitting. ;)

I concur with Tinyjazz, I can't wait for this game... On PC! :D

griffin
9th October 2011, 12:55 AM
Apparently there are some easter egg type sneak-peek images in a recent video tour of High Moon studios (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/video-tour-of-high-moon-studios-offers-sneak-peek-at-transformers-fall-of-cybertron/22943/) (the people doing the game).
It is said to show some early concept images of a few characters we could expect to see in WFC2.

GoktimusPrime
9th October 2011, 09:45 AM
My point was that if Trypticon & Laserbeak (among others) have as *one* of their modes, a form that is inspired by or mimicking beast forms, why can't Grimlock, or anyone else have a beast alt-mode?
Grimlock chooses to have his alt-mode mimicking a beast, compared to Laserbeak & Trypticon choosing to have their "robot mode" mimicking a beast - they are each visually representing an animal that may have previously existed on Cybertron, or on another world that they had prior contact with.
That's why when I see Gen1 characters that have Beast Robot-modes (mostly cassette-bots), I don't see why we can't have Beast Alt-modes.
As kup and I have previously mentioned, in War For Cybertron Trypticon and Laserbeak's robot modes have been intentionally modified so that they are not as bestial as their G1 counterparts. Trypticon's robot mode is actually a huge hulk robot... but with some very subtle saurian hints to make it recognisable as Trypticon. His body proportions are more humanoid than saurian. Likewise Laserbeak's robot mode is based on his Cybertronian robot in the G1 cartoon which is more like a little jet than a condor.

WFC seemed to have explicitly avoided making characters like Trypticon and Laserbeak look too bestial in robot mode. Why wouldn't they apply this same standard for Grimlock's alt mode?

I'm not saying that Grimlock's alt mode has to be a tank - but I'm saying that it looks too Earthen. Perhaps as Tetsuwan Convoy suggested, an alien bipedal saurian-esque robotic monster along the similar vein as the Terrorcons or Monsterbots... it'd look similar but different.

Grimlock was a savage, terrifying Autobot, so would want an alt-mode to match. If they had prehistoric beasts on Cybertron, or they had contact with other worlds, he'd want the most intimidating, fearsome looking animal he knew. Not just to scare off the enemy, but to enjoy tearing them apart if they didn't.
If they're running along the idea that there were prehistoric Earthlike animals on Cybertron (why not? It happened in Beast Machines :p) or if they had contact with other worlds with beasts on them (e.g. Animatron), then okay, I'd buy it... (it sure beats "A Wizard (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Primus) Did It!") - if the game drops even a slight hint at this as exposition, then sure -- I'll pay it.

Yes but in WFC the "beast themed" modes were previously carefully designed to be primarily robotic and not outright robot animals. Again - consistency... and I'm talking about consistency within the WFC continuity.

So Grimlock being a guy that turns into a Dinosaur doesn't make sense but Ratbat being a bloody big Bat that turns into... whatever he turned into on Cybertron is ok? I don't really see the difference. (edit: Griffin basically already said this)
I don't even recall ever seeing Ratbat in War For Cybertron. I've only played the PC version, but I certainly don't recall Ratbat in it.

So what about the fact all these cybertronian vehicles have windscreen/cockpit areas? How is having a vehicle that is clearly designed to accommodate a pilot/driver any different to having a beast alt mode?
I agree. Neither does every robot having humanoid bodies or human-like faces or speaking in English etc. -- but I'm not talking about making everything make sense, I'm talking about consistency. As I said, the game designers have been careful in making other beast-themed forms not look just like robot animals, but rather robots or vehicles with subtle hints of their G1 bestial forms. With Grimlock's alt mode it doesn't look like they've done this -- he just looks like a robot T-Rex to me!

Seriously, the possibility of a playable Grimlock dinosaur is THE BEST THING EVER, but you'd rather have a tank - like half the playable characters ALREADY - just because it makes sense.
As I said before, it doesn't have to be a tank. I initially mentioned Cybertronian tank because that's what his previous Cybertronian mode was. My objection is that the alt mode is too Earthen. The fact the Transformers had Cybertronian alt modes prior to contact with Earth is something that's been around since the beginning of G1.
e.g.:
Bumblebee (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/0/09/Bumblebee-CyberToon.jpg)
Jazz (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/9/95/Cybertronjazz.jpg)
Wheeljack (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/4/42/Cybertronwheeljack.jpg)
Skywarp & Thundercracker (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/5/59/Tetrajet_seekers.jpg)
Soundwave (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/a/a2/Cybertronsoundwave.jpg)
Optimus Prime (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/a/a2/Optimusprimeg1marvelfirst.jpg)
Blaster & Powerglide (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/0/0f/Powerglideblastercybertronic.jpg)
Seaspray, Beachcomber & Warpath (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/2/2d/Smeltingpoolminivehicles.jpg)
...and more importantly, every other WFC TF's alt mode has been Cybertronian, and any beast-themed robot mode has been made to look less bestial/Earthen.

Also as a bunch of other members have pointed out, animal forms exist on Cybertron,
Not as alt modes though. And even the beast-themed robot modes in WFC have been designed to make them less bestial and more robotic or vehicular.

there's nothing to stop Grimlock being a special snowflake and picking a fearsome beast mode as his alt mode.
So... "because he's kick-butt and awesome!" seems to be the primary reason why we can all just suspend disbelief and let Grimlock do what he wants despite logic... :rolleyes:

In that case, I expect the character to be able to shoot Sharkticons with lasers on their heads out of his mouth, and those Sharkticons can shoot swarms of cyberbees (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Cyberbee) out of their mouths too. ;) PHWOAR!!

kup
9th October 2011, 09:49 AM
BotCon 2006 Buzzsaw is clearly a bird though.

He is a G1 character so he has Earth knowledge and influence. His bird mode mode is a logical carry over from G1.

Hursticon
9th October 2011, 11:31 AM
Courtesy of Seibertron.com (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-fall-of-cybertron-preorders-combaticons-and-bruticus-confirmed/22947/), a Gamestop Pre-Order (http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-fall+of+cybertron) listing has yielded some new info on the next War For Cybertron game:

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron transports you to the final days of the planet Cybertron where you will experience the darkest hours of the apocalyptic war between the Autobots and Decepticons.

Embark on an adrenaline-fueled journey through a wide range of missions and massive environments designed around each character's unique abilities.
With the stakes higher than ever before, you play as a variety of Transformers, including Grimlock's nearly indestructible T-Rex form and the legendary Combaticons forming into the colossal Bruticus.
Fight through both sides of the Transformers' most epic battles leading to their legendary exodus from their homeworld.

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron allows you to go head-to-head as Autobots and Decepticons with its multi-player online mode.
Create your own personalized character and weaponry with the most advanced and in-depth customization ever before seen in a Transformers video game.

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Crap/070b530a1abc9b7638d85b662f2f2098.jpg http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Crap/1318108729_201247brp.jpg http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Crap/1318108729_271020brp.jpg

kup
9th October 2011, 11:41 AM
Where is the PC announcement?

kaiden
9th October 2011, 02:09 PM

there probably wont be one :P

GoktimusPrime
9th October 2011, 02:31 PM
:( :( :(

Bartrim
9th October 2011, 02:43 PM
Courtesy of Seibertron.com (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-fall-of-cybertron-preorders-combaticons-and-bruticus-confirmed/22947/), a Gamestop Pre-Order (http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-fall+of+cybertron) listing has yielded some new info on the next War For Cybertron game:

Awesome. Thanks Hursti

Verno
9th October 2011, 03:47 PM
He is a G1 character so he has Earth knowledge and influence. His bird mode mode is a logical carry over from G1.

I'd have thought it would have been a sore reminder of the Decepticon loss of the Great War :p

Quickstrike
9th October 2011, 04:09 PM
So... "because he's kick-butt and awesome!" seems to be the primary reason why we can all just suspend disbelief and let Grimlock do what he wants despite logic... :rolleyes:

Hell yeah.

Honestly, Grimlock being a Dinosaur at any point in time doesn't make sense (Except Beast Wars: The Gathering I guess... bleh) but it's COOL so we roll with it.

griffin
9th October 2011, 04:26 PM
Pity about there being no PC version. It isn't a dead or dying gaming format, surely?

As kup and I have previously mentioned, in War For Cybertron Trypticon and Laserbeak's robot modes have been intentionally modified so that they are not as bestial as their G1 counterparts. Trypticon's robot mode is actually a huge hulk robot... but with some very subtle saurian hints to make it recognisable as Trypticon. His body proportions are more humanoid than saurian. Likewise Laserbeak's robot mode is based on his Cybertronian robot in the G1 cartoon which is more like a little jet than a condor.

Subtle? Trypticon is clearly a giant dinosaur... with tail, claws (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:WFC-Trypticontrackingdescent.jpg), chomping dino head (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:WFC_One_Shall_Stand_Trailer.jpg) that even looks like the Gen1 Trypticon (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:WFC-Trypticonyoulost.jpg).
There's no way it could be mistaken as a robot with "subtle" beast hints.
(this clip at 2.30 shows (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzeSJCs9sGk) Trypticon transforming and falling to Cybertron in the game)

Laserbeak on the other hand is small enough to be anything really, as it doesn't show up big enough to get a good look. But since he makes a squawking sound, has moveable wings and has no other "robot" mode, it would be unlikely that the Gen1 homage/inspiration would be anything other than a robotic condor (check out 0.20 on the Laserbeak Trophy Clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuMu8YSA7GY)).

Trypticon and Laserbeak's robot modes have been intentionally modified so that they are not as bestial as their G1 counterparts.

WFC seemed to have explicitly avoided making characters like Trypticon and Laserbeak look too bestial in robot mode.

Yes but in WFC the "beast themed" modes were previously carefully designed to be primarily robotic and not outright robot animals.

As I said, the game designers have been careful in making other beast-themed forms not look just like robot animals, but rather robots or vehicles with subtle hints of their G1 bestial forms.

...any beast-themed robot mode has been made to look less bestial/Earthen.

And even the beast-themed robot modes in WFC have been designed to make them less bestial and more robotic or vehicular.I won't dispute anything that has been officially announced somewhere, but I just don't remember that. Where exactly was it mentioned by the game designers that they made "beast" Gen1 characters look less "beasty"?
If they did say that for WFC, then fair enough (and they gave Swoop (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Swoop_%28WFC%29) and Grimlock (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Grimlock_%28WFC%29) vehicle modes on the DS version anyway), but if they never specifically said that which you claim, or they were only referring to that first game, anything is possible with other games. They might even have to explain why Grimlock was a Tank for WFC, and is now a Dino in FOC.

Cybertronians seems to have evolved into mostly bipeds like humans, so who's to say that they didn't also have similarly evolved beasts like on Earth. They certainly had spiders and slugs, so why not birds and dinosaurs?

griffin
9th October 2011, 04:38 PM
Pre-orders? For something that is 14 months away? Really?
Unless it is a limited edition item that is going to sell out before it is released (which it won't since it is just the regular version), who's really going to pre-order this 14 months in advance?

US$60 - 1/12/12... I'll start saving up... :p

Hursticon
9th October 2011, 06:05 PM

there probably wont be one :P

:( :( :(

Pity about there being no PC version. It isn't a dead or dying gaming format, surely?

Well, nothing has been officially mentioned on the matter yet but it certainly doesn't look all too good does it? :(

*For Transformers, I've no problem overlooking poorly ported console games. :o

Unless it is a limited edition item that is going to sell out before it is released (which it won't since it is just the regular version), who's really going to pre-order this 14 months in advance?

1st in best dressed? :confused:, I get the feeling that Gamestop may know a little more than what they're letting on in this department. ;):cool:

Awesome. Thanks Hursti

No problems man, I almost fell of my seat when the mentioning of a Gestalt Bruticus being in the game was in the blurb! :eek::D:D:D

GoktimusPrime
9th October 2011, 06:17 PM
Subtle? Trypticon is clearly a giant dinosaur... with tail, claws (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:WFC-Trypticontrackingdescent.jpg), chomping dino head (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:WFC_One_Shall_Stand_Trailer.jpg) that even looks like the Gen1 Trypticon (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:WFC-Trypticonyoulost.jpg).
There's no way it could be mistaken as a robot with "subtle" beast hints.
(this clip at 2.30 shows (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzeSJCs9sGk) Trypticon transforming and falling to Cybertron in the game)

Laserbeak on the other hand is small enough to be anything really, as it doesn't show up big enough to get a good look. But since he makes a squawking sound, has moveable wings and has no other "robot" mode, it would be unlikely that the Gen1 homage/inspiration would be anything other than a robotic condor (check out 0.20 on the Laserbeak Trophy Clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuMu8YSA7GY)).
Alright, but as I'd initially said, these are their ROBOT modes. I was initially wasn't critiquing bestial alt modes - because as you've pointed out, we've already had them in WFC. These don't make much more sense than having humanoid robot modes anyway (since humans are another kind of animal). So I'm able to suspend disbelief for the robot mode... however because all previous alt modes shown in WFC have been Cybertronian, it seems odd that suddenly only Grimlock would have an Earth mode. It's not so much the implausibility that irks me, but the inconsistency.

I won't dispute anything that has been officially announced somewhere, but I just don't remember that. Where exactly was it mentioned by the game designers that they made "beast" Gen1 characters look less "beasty"?
Clarification: they didn't (AFAIK). That was based on observation.

If they did say that for WFC, then fair enough (and they gave Swoop (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Swoop_%28WFC%29) and Grimlock (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Grimlock_%28WFC%29) vehicle modes on the DS version anyway), but if they never specifically said that which you claim, or they were only referring to that first game, anything is possible with other games. They might even have to explain why Grimlock was a Tank for WFC, and is now a Dino in FOC.
I certainly hope they do.

I'd never seen WFC Grimlock before I saw that link (as I've never played the DS version of WFC) -- but after seeing that, it makes me more resolute in wanting to see FOC provide some explanation for his change in alt mode. Had he already been a dino in WFC -- as weird as it would be I'd be more willing to accept it... because basically it wouldn't be FOC's fault that WFC had already established him as a dino.

But here we can see that WFC has explicitly established Grimlock's alt mode as a tank... so if they're going to change his alt mode to a saurian in FOC then there ought to be an explanation. That's just basic story telling.

Hursticon
9th October 2011, 06:23 PM
But here we can see that WFC has explicitly established Grimlock's alt mode as a tank... so if they're going to change his alt mode to a saurian in FOC then there ought to be an explanation. That's just basic story telling.

...And I think we all very much agree with you there Goki, hence why I want that bloody magazine to get leaked... nnnn-NOW! :p:D

We need answers! :cool:

griffin
9th October 2011, 07:14 PM
Time to get Nightbeat on the case...

kup
9th October 2011, 09:00 PM

That's right. It's hardly dead or dying.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2011/02/04/steam-sales-close-to-1-billion-in-2010/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/oliverchiang/2011/02/15/valve-and-steam-worth-billions/

However retail presence for PC games is indeed almost dead as more and more PC gamers are choosing to buy their games mostly from legal 'purchase & download' services such as Steam.

In regards to a PC release. It is possible they will shaft the PC version as even with WFC, it was 'US only' for a very long time and as far as I know it only retailed there too. If the platform didn't sell that well is probably because they crippled it on release by limiting availability.

However having said that, there is some hope as Gamespot has it listed for PC as well as the PS3 and 360 but that could be a mistake.

http://au.gamespot.com/pc/action/transformers-fall-of-cybertron/index.html

Hursticon
9th October 2011, 09:09 PM
However having said that, there is some hope as Gamespot has it listed for PC as well as the PS3 and 360 but that could be a mistake.

http://au.gamespot.com/pc/action/transformers-fall-of-cybertron/index.html

Here's hoping dude. :o

1AZRAEL1
9th October 2011, 09:09 PM
Odds are it will come out on PC as well, but unlikely to be in this country much like the last one. I don't even remember if there was much coverage for the PC version for the first one either.

I'm pumped, I still gotta buy the first one anyway, and a console to play it on :p

Playing as Bruticus? That will have to be epic, wonder if we will see Superion show up as well. But I hope there are more figures for this one that come out, and more than 5 characters :p

Hursticon
9th October 2011, 09:13 PM
But I hope there are more figures for this one that come out, and more than 5 characters :p

More bloody Decepticons! :D

You've got a PC (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-7s-49-en-70-3rq7.html) right? ;):cool:
(Seems it must of sold well on PC though? :confused:)

kup
9th October 2011, 11:19 PM
You've got a PC (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-7s-49-en-70-3rq7.html) right? ;):cool:
(Seems it must of sold well on PC though? :confused:)

Not sure since officially WFC only had a US PC release. I had a hard time sourcing the game for PC as STEAM would not let me download it for being outside the US. I have no idea why they decided to cripple the PC release by limiting availability.

Hursticon
9th October 2011, 11:27 PM
Not sure since officially WFC only had a US PC release. I had a hard time sourcing the game for PC as STEAM would not let me download it for being outside the US. I have no idea why they decided to cripple the PC release by limiting availability.

Well I know the US and UK got it and Play-Asia is an Asian site (Duh :p) and that's where I picked my Hard copy up so I'm presuming that Asia got it too, I also checked OZgameshop and they're out as well :o; So either there was only ever a limited production run of the PC version or they sold rather well?... I hope it's the later. :cool:

kup
10th October 2011, 01:27 AM
Well I know the US and UK got it and Play-Asia is an Asian site (Duh :p) and that's where I picked my Hard copy up so I'm presuming that Asia got it too, I also checked OZgameshop and they're out as well :o; So either there was only ever a limited production run of the PC version or they sold rather well?... I hope it's the later. :cool:

Yeah, availability did increase for the PC release but that was some time after.

tinyJazz
10th October 2011, 06:49 AM

YES. WHY CAN'T YOU ENJOY THINGS? It's not completely implausible or unreasonable to make a jump from beast robot mode to beast alt mode, therefore, doable. How is this a difficult concept for you?

In that case, I expect the character to be able to shoot Sharkticons with lasers on their heads out of his mouth, and those Sharkticons can shoot swarms of cyberbees out of their mouths too. ;) PHWOAR!!

Haha, don't get cute, the point I'm trying to make is that the games developers have done something fantastic here, something great for fans, something DIFFERENT and NEW for a SEQUEL - i.e. not a tank or a car or any other alt mode that you've played in every single level before (also that's the whole idea of making a game sequel, to improve on what you've got) and all you do is complain.

Has anyone played the Jurassic park game where every second level you play as a dinosaur? IT WAS AWESOME. :D When I was seven it was awesome, I don't know how it holds up today.

What? That's balls, steam. :/ They'd better release it on PC over here.
I just saw WFC PC edition in EB games for $37 too. If I'd known it was limited release I'd have picked it up, also maybe if I didn't already have the PS3 version.

Bartrim
10th October 2011, 07:54 AM
YES. WHY CAN'T YOU ENJOY THINGS? It's not completely implausible or unreasonable to make a jump from beast robot mode to beast alt mode, therefore, doable. How is this a difficult concept for you?

THANK YOU! I completely agree with this. Remember it is a toy franchise. Story telling is number 2 in their priorities. Just enjoy the awesomeness of it.

Haha, don't get cute, the point I'm trying to make is that the games developers have done something fantastic here, something great for fans, something DIFFERENT and NEW for a SEQUEL - i.e. not a tank or a car or any other alt mode that you've played in every single level before (also that's the whole idea of making a game sequel, to improve on what you've got) and all you do is complain.

Again THANK YOU This game is still 14 months away and although I am super duper pumped for this as I totally love WFC (yes I still play it) yet Goks constant complaining is starting to leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Has anyone played the Jurassic park game where every second level you play as a dinosaur? IT WAS AWESOME. :D When I was seven it was awesome, I don't know how it holds up today.

Hell yeah it was awesome. I remember playing that on Mega Drive. The velicoraptor became my favourite dinosaur after that. Why? Because he is a boss!

Gutsman Heavy
10th October 2011, 08:06 AM
Grimlock will be a dinosaur cos that's how everyone (read: non-fans) remembers him.

Hursticon
10th October 2011, 11:21 AM

Hell yeah it was awesome. I remember playing that on Mega Drive. The velicoraptor became my favourite dinosaur after that. Why? Because he is a boss!

Bloody Compys and Pteradons! :mad::p

griffin
10th October 2011, 12:18 PM
Just keep it civil people.
As passionate as some are in favour of things, there are others who are just as passionate against them. If someone is in the other camp, and it bothers you, just skip over their posts (or filter that person out, in your User CP Options).

UltraMarginal
10th October 2011, 12:26 PM
What? That's balls, steam. :/ They'd better release it on PC over here.
I just saw WFC PC edition in EB games for $37 too. If I'd known it was limited release I'd have picked it up, also maybe if I didn't already have the PS3 version.

REALLY? I have never seen it over here, I ended up buying it in the states earlier this year when I was there. have thoroughly enjoyed it so far.

I only play games like this on PC, it's so much faster. either way I will be importing the PC release if I can't buy it here or on Steam, that is assumiing there is a PC release...

Hursticon
10th October 2011, 01:38 PM
For those with the PC version of WFC, checkout this thread (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-video-game-discussion/332565-pc-version-ini.html) over here on TFW2005; I've implemented this fix and I can say that there is a definite visual improvement for sure. ;):cool:

GoktimusPrime
10th October 2011, 02:58 PM
REALLY? I have never seen it over here, I ended up buying it in the states earlier this year when I was there. have thoroughly enjoyed it so far.
Yeah same here (although griffin bought it from the States then I bought it from him - but effectively my copy came from the USA). I went to various different EB Games several times bugging them about WFC on PC and they kept telling me that it wasn't in their system. :/ Maybe it never got released in Sydney/NSW??

The only other Aussie I ever saw on the WFC PC servers while playing multiplayer was gekisou... who used to pwn my sorry noob butt something chronic! :p

I only play games like this on PC, it's so much faster. either way I will be importing the PC release if I can't buy it here or on Steam, that is assumiing there is a PC release...
yeah - I'm not a gamer, but I wanna play Transformers cos ya know, it's Transformers. ;) I don't really wanna buy a console just to play ONE game.

Although if WOC doesn't come out on PC I might consider getting myself a PS3 cos I don't have a Blu Ray player atm... would have to sell off my Wii though (which I never play anyway :p)

1orion2many
10th October 2011, 03:19 PM

U.S date 1/12/12 which could mean 12/1/12?

griffin
10th October 2011, 03:26 PM
It's definitely 1st December 2012 - I just swapped around the day and month digits so that it wouldn't confuse us here who have dates written "the correct way". :p

UltraMarginal
10th October 2011, 03:47 PM
For those with the PC version of WFC, checkout this thread (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-video-game-discussion/332565-pc-version-ini.html) over here on TFW2005; I've implemented this fix and I can say that there is a definite visual improvement for sure. ;):cool:

Very interesting thanks.

Quickstrike
10th October 2011, 09:15 PM
December dates like that usually mean that they don't actually know when it's being released.

canofwhoopass_87
11th October 2011, 06:59 PM
Depending on the success of the console release, this might actually hit PC's further down the track. @ a relatively cheap $60 pricetag I'm kinda worried about the possible low production value though.

Looking forward to an epic trailer. They tend to convert non believers and entice skeptic fanboys like Gok :D

RageOnTheRoads
11th October 2011, 07:55 PM

Oh wow the memories. There was also a JP game on the PS where you could play as a T-rex. Jumping up to knock the guys out of their nests so you could eat them never got old.:D

Depending on the success of the console release, this might actually hit PC's further down the track. @ a relatively cheap $60 pricetag I'm kinda worried about the possible low production value though.

This.

I hope its not going to be one of those sequel games where they just give the original a new skin and call it a new game. Some added complexity to gameplay would be a nice...Though with the introduction of combiners it dose indeed look like they are adding a few new and interesting elements to the game.

So excited about FOC though. What does everyone think of Optimus Prime's new design?

Hursticon
11th October 2011, 08:25 PM
So excited about FOC though. What does everyone think of Optimus Prime's new design?

I dig it :D, he looks tough and badass but I hope that they explain his difference in look compared to that of WFC narratively :cool:; it'll suck if it's just a case of: "Hey, what? - Nah, we always looked like this". ;)

Quickstrike
11th October 2011, 08:39 PM

$60 is the normal retail price for console games in America.

RageOnTheRoads
11th October 2011, 08:57 PM
I dig it :D, he looks tough and badass but I hope that they explain his difference in look compared to that of WFC narratively :cool:; it'll suck if it's just a case of: "Hey, what? - Nah, we always looked like this". ;)

LOL, yup. I am not holding my breath though because so far Highmoon Studios is trying to explain it away as a 'natural progression'. :rolleyes:

As for me, I am praying to the plastic gods that he gets made into a voyageur class figure along with a couple more WFC characters. WFC Combaticon figs would be cooler than a frozen Chuck Norris.

theheretic
11th October 2011, 10:05 PM
LOL, yup. I am not holding my breath though because so far Highmoon Studios is trying to explain it away as a 'natural progression'. :rolleyes:

As for me, I am praying to the plastic gods that he gets made into a voyageur class figure along with a couple more WFC characters. WFC Combaticon figs would be cooler than a frozen Chuck Norris.

Why is Grimlocks alt mode a problem for people? He was only a special character for 1 of the 4 platforms WFC was on and wasn't includes in anyway in PS3 or XBox story OR WFC novel so in my opinion he was just a bonus

loophole
11th October 2011, 10:26 PM
Grimlock will be a dinosaur cos that's how everyone (read: non-fans) remembers him.

that and dinosaurs are just cool especially robot dinosaurs

GoktimusPrime
11th October 2011, 11:27 PM
Why is Grimlocks alt mode a problem for people?
1: It doesn't make sense for any Transformer to transform into an Earthen alt mode prior to contact with Earth (or any other place which may have similar life forms). This is something that Transformers has established since the beginning of G1; they only acquired their Earthen modes after arriving on Earth, or in some cases, in preparation to going to Earth (but it still meant that the Transformers had already had prior contact with Earth and thus access to things on it).

2: It's inconsistent. We've not seen any other WFCverse Transformer with a distinctly Earthen Alt Mode.

So, it appears to be Classics Grimlock on one Magazine cover?
It doesn't look like Classics Grimlock to me - looks like a whole new design, but it certainly looks like a robotic T-Rex to me.

that and dinosaurs are just cool especially robot dinosaurs
F-22 Raptors are freakin' awesome too, but how would you feel if Starscream transformed into one instead of a Cybertronian jet while all the other Decepticons are Cybertronian vehicles? Lamborghini Diablos are cool too, but it might seem odd for WFC Sideswipe to transform into one on pre-Earth contact Cybertron while other Autobots don't.

As weird as it was in Challenge of the Gobots for the Gobots to all transform into Earth vehicles prior to contact with Earth, at least they were consistent. And it's not often I ever say anything positive about Gobots! :p ;) :p

RageOnTheRoads
11th October 2011, 11:28 PM
Why is Grimlocks alt mode a problem for people? He was only a special character for 1 of the 4 platforms WFC was on and wasn't includes in anyway in PS3 or XBox story OR WFC novel so in my opinion he was just a bonus

Grimlock...:confused: I was talking about Prime, his groovy new design and the hopes that the game (or the tie in media) show us what's happened to our fave Autobot leader to turn him in to the badass bot he is in the new game.

There's a potentially fun little side story in that.

On another note I love the way the highmoon studio artist refers to OP's new alt mode as a fist with wheels. :cool: Excellent.

Gutsman Heavy
12th October 2011, 08:21 AM
F-22 Raptors are freakin' awesome too, but how would you feel if Starscream transformed into one instead of a Cybertronian jet while all the other Decepticons are Cybertronian vehicles? Lamborghini Diablos are cool too, but it might seem odd for WFC Sideswipe to transform into one on pre-Earth contact Cybertron while other Autobots don't.

Maybe he's not a Dinosaur but a mobile cybertronian trash compactor? It coincidently resembles a dinosaur or something...

theheretic
12th October 2011, 08:28 AM
I remember seeing dinosaur bones in some horrible CGI animated series that followed beast wars....thus cybertron must have had some firm of dinosaur on it at some stage and maybe somewhere below the surface there still is. I also remember the quintessons had monster experiments left on cybertron, so why not a dinosaur too?

Bartrim
12th October 2011, 09:29 AM
1: It doesn't make sense for any Transformer to transform into an Earthen alt mode prior to contact with Earth (or any other place which may have similar life forms). This is something that Transformers has established since the beginning of G1; they only acquired their Earthen modes after arriving on Earth, or in some cases, in preparation to going to Earth (but it still meant that the Transformers had already had prior contact with Earth and thus access to things on it).

2: It's inconsistent. We've not seen any other WFCverse Transformer with a distinctly Earthen Alt Mode.

Maybe he saw Trypticons robot mode and thought "Thats bad ass. I might change into that" because lets face it in WFC there is not really a need for any alt modes as they aren't used for disguises. Sure they use their alt modes as modes for transportation but maybe Grimlock lives in an area where it's a benefit for him to change into that mode. Really before we see every bit of information we can't comment as to why his alt mode is what it is.

5FDP
12th October 2011, 11:45 AM
I have 14 months to finish the first game :o

I'm sure they (the developers) will explain the design choice for Grimlock when they are ready. For now, I'm keeping it together ;)

kup
12th October 2011, 11:47 AM
Primus did it!

Hursticon
12th October 2011, 12:55 PM
I remember seeing dinosaur bones in some horrible CGI animated series that followed beast wars....thus cybertron must have had some firm of dinosaur on it at some stage and maybe somewhere below the surface there still is. I also remember the quintessons had monster experiments left on cybertron, so why not a dinosaur too?

Oh Anubis! :eek: - WFC/Beast Machines Retcon?...

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/homealone.jpg

Bartrim
12th October 2011, 01:12 PM
I'm not really digging the new Optimus Prime look.

Hursticon
12th October 2011, 01:16 PM

Did you see this (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/10/10/fall-of-cybertron-the-new-optimus-prime.aspx)?
I've got to admit, I too like the description of a Fist with Wheels. :D
(Mazinger Prime anyone? :o)

Bartrim
12th October 2011, 01:26 PM
Did you see this (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/10/10/fall-of-cybertron-the-new-optimus-prime.aspx)?
I've got to admit, I too like the description of a Fist with Wheels. :D
(Mazinger Prime anyone? :o)

Yeah I did. I prefer the WFC design.

Hursticon
12th October 2011, 01:32 PM
Yeah I did. I prefer the WFC design.

Ah ok, I dunno - I've just got a thing for big/bulky Robots... Stupid Japanese giant mecha contamination. :p

Bartrim
12th October 2011, 01:37 PM
Ah ok, I dunno - I've just got a thing for big/bulky Robots... Stupid Japanese giant mecha contamination. :p

Yeah I can completely understand the marketing behind the design and why fans would like it... just not my cup of tea.

UltraMarginal
12th October 2011, 01:39 PM
it does seem to be more of an evolution, "over the time of the war, Prime has gradually upgraded to handle situations that he previously would have struggled with. "

that's my 2c, still won't really care unless it's released to PC.

Tetsuwan Convoy
12th October 2011, 09:43 PM
Wow, so much debate over Grimlock. I think it would be cool to have him as a beast mode. It could well be since he didn't faeture in the main game, that he was off-world at the time, scanned the beast mode COZ IT ROOLZ and stuck with it. So many possibilities, I find people who think it's out of place strange when we are talking about large, shape shifting, living robots.:p:D

Me neither. Looks too chunky in the legs for a start and something else bothers me as well, but I don't know exactly what it is.. I think its the big arms, and smallish chest. The proportions look askew.

Oh well, guess I'll stick with Grimlock!!:D

GoktimusPrime
12th October 2011, 10:10 PM
Maybe he's not a Dinosaur but a mobile cybertronian trash compactor? It coincidently resembles a dinosaur or something...
That'd be neat. :)

I remember seeing dinosaur bones in some horrible CGI animated series that followed beast wars....
Actually I thought the animation in Beast Machines was great (a lot better than Beast Wars). The story on the other hand... :p ;)

thus cybertron must have had some firm of dinosaur on it at some stage and maybe somewhere below the surface there still is. I also remember the quintessons had monster experiments left on cybertron, so why not a dinosaur too?
Yeah, that's why I said "or any other place which may have similar life forms" <---which could include the lower depths of Cybertron which may have Transorganics (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Trans-Organic) or cybernetic demons (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Demon) or fossilised organics (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/2/2b/TheKey_Nightscream_holding_skull.jpg) there... take your pick. :) So long as they provide a feasible explanation, I'll be content.

kup
12th October 2011, 10:49 PM
I don't mind the look of Prime's new character model but I do have a preference for the original WFC one.

Deonasis
13th October 2011, 09:08 AM

Me neither. It is mostly due to the BIG RED PLAIN PANNEL in middle of his chest (I prefer window looking bits).

I also hope they tone down all the part movements while he is idle, right now he looks twitchy like he can't stand still or relaxed.

Bartrim
13th October 2011, 11:26 AM
Me neither. It is mostly due to the BIG RED PLAIN PANNEL in middle of his chest (I prefer window looking bits).

I also hope they tone down all the part movements while he is idle, right now he looks twitchy like he can't stand still or relaxed.

Yep... pretty much agree with all that.

theheretic
13th October 2011, 12:35 PM
I hope to Primus they make more toys from this game. I loved the WFC ones but there was so little to choose from. Please Primus can I have some seekers (instead of bumblebee repaints) and a shockwave and grimlock and blaster and jazz and jetfire and if it's not too much trouble maybe a leader sized omega supreme and trypticon. Thanks

Tetsuwan Convoy
13th October 2011, 01:49 PM
I hope to Primus they make more toys from this game. I loved the WFC ones but there was so little to choose from. Please Primus can I have some seekers (instead of bumblebee repaints) and a shockwave and grimlock and blaster and jazz and jetfire and if it's not too much trouble maybe a leader sized omega supreme and trypticon. Thanks

Pfft, leader sized? Gimme SUPREME sized Omega Supreme thanks. But I concur. More toys please.

In the video of High Moon's office, you can see the concept art for bigger Megs. And where has Scott Tieger (?) gone. He was the representetive/voice/main dude of all the promo stuff of WFC 1

GoktimusPrime
14th October 2011, 09:31 PM
+1 for more toys!

RageOnTheRoads
15th October 2011, 01:09 PM
WOW!!!!!!!! Got this months game informer which reveals all on FOC Grimlock, his new FOC character history and gameplay. It also mentions the Combaticons (it's got Vortex's new design) and other new characters, and their specialised features (Like Jazz's grappling hook to scale landscapes). I have to say it all looks very promising!

I liked this the most though. Of Grimlock "...As he tears through Shockwave's minions, he wields a massive sword and shield. His style of gameplay is dramatically different from other characters elsewhere in the game. If he wants a ranged weapon, it comes by picking up and enemy robot and flinging it. Grimlock is also the only character that can't transform at will: each enemy he kills fuels his rage...and a roaring t-rex emerges."

And yes his t-rex alt mode breaths fire and eats Con drones! :)

Hursticon
15th October 2011, 01:53 PM
WOW!!!!!!!! Got this months game informer which reveals all on FOC Grimlock, his new FOC character history and gameplay. It also mentions the Combaticons (it's got Vortex's new design) and other new characters, and their specialised features (Like Jazz's grappling hook to scale landscapes). I have to say it all looks very promising!

I liked this the most though. Of Grimlock "...As he tears through Shockwave's minions, he wields a massive sword and shield. His style of gameplay is dramatically different from other characters elsewhere in the game. If he wants a ranged weapon, it comes by picking up and enemy robot and flinging it. Grimlock is also the only character that can't transform at will: each enemy he kills fuels his rage...and a roaring t-rex emerges."

And yes his t-rex alt mode breaths fire and eats Con drones! :)

Scans! - Scans! - Scans! - Scans! - Scans! :p

Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYXybxk4H3Q&feature=player_embedded) is a Teaser Trailer, courtesy of TFW2005 (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/video-games-17/transformers-fall-of-cybertron-trailer-173550/), for Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. :eek:

Bloody hell I want this game already, it's sounding like it's making a number of progressive steps in the right directions! :D:cool:

Hursticon
15th October 2011, 02:09 PM
Brought to light by TFW2005 (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/video-games-17/illustrated-tour-of-fall-of-cybertron-173558/), Gameinformer.com has just posted up on their website (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/10/13/the-illustrated-tour-of-cybertron.aspx?PostPageIndex=1) an illustrated tour of the world that is Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. :eek:

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/insect1.jpg

Paulbot
15th October 2011, 03:11 PM
That's a great feature and it gives an explanation of Grimlock's dinosaur mode too (that might make people happy/stop complaining).

The best thing in the first War for Cybertron game was how much we saw of Cybertron as an actual planet rather than a few buildings, so I'm looking forward to exploring more of the planet in this game.

Bartrim
15th October 2011, 03:35 PM
That is a real interesting explaniation for Grimlock. I love it. Sounds like it will make for some intersting gameplay.

kup
15th October 2011, 05:13 PM
I just read this article (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/10/13/the-illustrated-tour-of-cybertron.aspx) and it explains the Dinosaur modes for the Dinobots. See the 2nd page.

I am cool with it now as it has a logical explanation (at least by TF standards).

Also the game is sounding very interesting. They are grabbing a lot of G1 concepts (some Marvel, Cartoon with some IDW thrown in) and building their mythology based on it while still reinventing and coming up with completely new concepts.

Edit: I am yet to read anything regarding a PC release! :mad:

GoktimusPrime
15th October 2011, 07:05 PM
Yeah alright, I can accept that explanation for Grimlock and the Dinobots (and the Insecticons) :)

I liked this the most though. Of Grimlock "...As he tears through Shockwave's minions, he wields a massive sword and shield. His style of gameplay is dramatically different from other characters elsewhere in the game. If he wants a ranged weapon, it comes by picking up and enemy robot and flinging it.
That would be an extremely limited range weapon ... interesting that they've chosen not to give him any guns... G1 Grimlock had a gun and a missile launcher. <shrug> Maybe he's too Drift^hardcore for guns. :p

Grimlock is also the only character that can't transform at will: each enemy he kills fuels his rage...and a roaring t-rex emerges."
"Here comes Grimlock
belted by gamma rays
turns into T-Rex
ain't he unglamorous!"
:p

GRIMLOCK SMASH!!

Bartrim
15th October 2011, 07:33 PM
That would be an extremely limited range weapon ... interesting that they've chosen not to give him any guns... G1 Grimlock had a gun and a missile launcher.

But this isn't G1 so that doesn't really matter.

RageOnTheRoads
15th October 2011, 08:12 PM
That would be an extremely limited range weapon ... interesting that they've chosen not to give him any guns... G1 Grimlock had a gun and a missile launcher. <shrug> Maybe he's too Drift^hardcore for guns.

Yes, but this is Grimlock, he throw hard, and far. :p

Bloody hell I want this game already, it's sounding like it's making a number of progressive steps in the right directions! :D:cool:

Too right!

A few other points that impressed me from the article:

High Moon's response to the WFC been too repetitive, with too little variety, generic levels, limited AI and lacklustre storytelling - "We've taken some of the pieces form WFC that weren't received well, and turned those into strengths of the new game...Gameplay is driven by the variety of experiences... The AI system has been completely rewritten from the ground up. THe core shooting and action is completely new-ten thousand little things that add up to a really great experience." Matt Tieger, game director.

"As promised each character feels different from the last, providing the much needed variety that was lacking in WFC." game informer

"...later vortex joins with his four brothers to form Bruticus and, in a level sure to delight anyone with a pulse, the massive combined robot is playable as he lays waste to the good guys." game informer

YAY!:D

Tetsuwan Convoy
15th October 2011, 08:40 PM
That sounds pretty darn cool! I look farward to the change in tactics required. Be interested to see how he would work in Multiplayer.

That trailer of Grimbo made me excited. Uncomfortably so...

Bruticus?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? OMG! I dont think I can wait until next year for this... oh noooos.

I hope they add some more light to the levels. Surely even Cybertron has days. If it doesn't that could explain their power problems though.

GoktimusPrime
15th October 2011, 10:29 PM
I know, but it's G1 inspired -- and it's interesting that the designers have decided to not go with the option of equipping him with guns...

I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing... (after all, in some Star Wars games like Revenge of the Sith Jedi characters can't use anything but their lightsabres - which poses various challenges when enemies are shooting lasers, missiles etc. at you ;)) but it'll be interesting to see how Grimlock compensates. I suspect he'll have a tougher or higher shield rating and/or possibly more hit points... which would make sense because the Dinobots always were fairly Tonka Tuff dudes anyway.

Bruticus?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? OMG! I dont think I can wait until next year for this... oh noooos.
Give us toys!

5FDP
15th October 2011, 10:53 PM
I'd love to see more toys too but considering we only received toys for about 5% of the cast for WFC (Optimus, Megatron, Bumblebee, and Soundwave*), it's not looking too favourable for Bruticus. Grimlock on the other hand appears to be the games 'poster child' so you can bank on a toy for him.

* I'm not counting that legends Cybertron Starscream repaint ;)

kup
16th October 2011, 01:26 AM

This game may not be 80s G1 but it is as much G1 as IDW comics or even Classics.

Bartrim
16th October 2011, 08:04 AM
This game may not be 80s G1 but it is as much G1 as IDW comics or even Classics.

But (and even though it has it's flaws and you have openly criticised this) Hasbro has stated the WFC and FOC games are technically in the Transformers: Prime continuity, so it is not as G1 as IDW or classics.

GoktimusPrime
16th October 2011, 09:07 AM
Yeah - I noticed that FOC Cliffjumper's head looks like TFP Cliffie's head. Great... I already got Generations Cliffjumper w/ the G1 inspired head, now Hasbro might make a new toy with the FOC-accurate TFP inspired head.

Who here would be sucker enough to get a FOC Cliffjumper even though you have WFC Cliffjumper???

...I would that's who :p (I use my WFC Cliffie's head on my Classics Cliffjumper anyway - so might as get a FOC Cliffjumper ;)).

i_amtrunks
16th October 2011, 09:13 AM
But (and even though it has it's flaws and you have openly criticised this) Hasbro has stated the WFC and FOC games are technically in the Transformers: Prime continuity, so it is not as G1 as IDW or classics.

I'll be interested to see how they shoe-horn it into the Prime continuity... Personally I would have been more than happy to accept the games as being set in their own timeline universe, inspired by G1 or Prime or even the movies (but thankfully not the movies!).

Since Hasbro and half-moon have both come out and definitively said it is not G1 based, we could stop harping on about who had what or did what or was where in G1, this is a new story having its own take on characters and locations that are familiar from G1, and the larger TF lore.

GoktimusPrime
16th October 2011, 09:18 AM
Yeah but even from a practical POV having only melee range fighting ability (and limited range fighting by chucking stuff) is a significant challenge against enemies who have ballistic weapons shooting at you! It'd be cool if Grimlock could deflect shots with his sword (so if you shoot more powerful stuff at him, he could smack it back at you and you'd cop the damage of your own weapon! :D)

Bartrim
16th October 2011, 03:47 PM
Didn't one of the articles say Grimlock has a shield. So I would say you can use that to block and advance on the enemy.

Hursticon
16th October 2011, 05:05 PM
Didn't one of the articles say Grimlock has a shield. So I would say you can use that to block and advance on the enemy.

I'm not sure, but I think you see him, from behind, carrying a shield in the Teaser Trailer but even if that isn't the case a shield/buckler would make a great deal of sense IMO. :cool:

UltraMarginal
16th October 2011, 08:07 PM
Grimlock is the Hasbro answer to the Avengers, Hulk Strength, Captain America's shield, and a big Freaking sword instead of Thors Hammer.:D

though his sword looks really heavy in the clip...

kup
16th October 2011, 09:46 PM

Given that in reality the first game had nothing to do with TF Prime despite Hasbro saying so, I would prefer to come to that conclusion myself after trying out the game than just going by what is 'officially' said.

Bartrim
16th October 2011, 10:20 PM
Given that in reality the first game had nothing to do with TF Prime despite Hasbro saying so, I would prefer to come to that conclusion myself after trying out the game than just going by what is 'officially' said.

Dark Energon disagrees with you:p

kup
16th October 2011, 11:12 PM
Dark Energon disagrees with you:p

But everything else in the game does agree with me. Even so dark energon seems somewhat different in wfc than in Prime.

If you like to go by what is officially said then that is fine. I prefer to go by my own observations so lets agree to disagree.

Sleeve
17th October 2011, 12:30 AM
Come oooooooon, Sludge! :p

griffin
17th October 2011, 12:53 AM
sigh... that was SO bound to pop up. :p

As for what kup was saying - WFC fits better into Gen1 continuity/feel than Prime or Movieverse... right down to the designs of the characters.
I was looking over TF-Prime Starscream's page on tfwiki, and saw how different WFC Starscream is in appearance and character to Prime Starscream (as with the other characters)... WFC may well have been shoehorned into Prime and/or Movieverse by Hasbro, but it was clearly initially designed/proposed by Activision to be a homage to Gen1/War Within before Hasbro created TF-Prime, and thought, 'hey here's an idea'....

kup
17th October 2011, 01:19 AM

As for what kup was saying - WFC fits better into Gen1 continuity/feel than Prime or Movieverse... right down to the designs of the characters.
I was looking over TF-Prime Starscream's page on tfwiki, and saw how different WFC Starscream is in appearance and character to Prime Starscream (as with the other characters)... WFC may well have been shoehorned into Prime and/or Movieverse by Hasbro, but it was clearly initially designed/proposed by Activision to be a homage to Gen1/War Within before Hasbro created TF-Prime, and thought, 'hey here's an idea'....

That's right and it is very obvious when you have played the game and watched TF Prime.

Naturally we can only speak about WFC as how this new game will be handled is yet to be seen. However so far what little has been revealed is looking to be just like WFC when it comes to the 'G1 feel' despite several concept changes. The only current identifiable TF Prime influence is Cliffjumper's head.

Hursticon
17th October 2011, 02:45 AM
All I know is that I wanna play the bloody thing now! :p:D

Dkaris
17th October 2011, 03:37 AM
foc grimlock figure when? =P

theheretic
17th October 2011, 08:21 AM

+1

Hursticon
18th October 2011, 09:55 AM
Gameinformer.com (http://www.gameinformer.com/) has just posted 2 videos (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/10/17/directing-transformers-fall-of-cybertron.aspx) of an interview with High Moon Studios Game Director; Matt Tieger, detailing the Story and Direction of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. :cool:

*My thoughts: This bloke is awesome and definitely the right person to be heading this sort of a venture. ;):)

The_Damned
18th October 2011, 10:43 AM
wow this looks like an interesting game!!!!!, it is nice they included grimlock in this one

Hursticon
20th October 2011, 12:53 PM
Courtesy of TFW2005.com (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/video-games-17/transformers-fall-of-cybertron---animating-the-transformers-173598/), Gameinformer.com has just updated their site (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/10/19/animating-the-transformers.aspx) with another article for Transformers: Fall of Cybertron.
The article focuses on animating the Cybertronians and provides 4 development videos, guided by the Lead Animator: Jason Diaz, on how High Moon Studios breathes life into our favourite automatons. :cool:

Bartrim
20th October 2011, 01:27 PM
It's unfair to show all this when the game is so far away.... I want it NOW!:(

Hursticon
21st October 2011, 01:37 PM
Courtesy of Gameinformer.com (http://www.gameinformer.com/games/transformers_fall_of_cybertron/b/ps3/default.aspx), a new article has been posted on their site where Matt Tieger details: The Enemies and A.I. of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/10/20/clever-devils-the-enemies-and-ai-of-fall-of-cybertron.aspx?PostPageIndex=1).

A number of new Concept pics and Screenshots are supplied too, but here is a quick snippet from the Article:

High Moon feels like it has some added AI complexities to deal with in Fall of Cybertron.

“AI systems generally work by assessing the situation and then reacting,” says game director Matt Tieger.
“Which is fine if your character is moving at a baseline speed, or even if you are at a run. In most games you can’t get that far from your initial position, before your enemies have decided what to do.” However, in Transformers, players can transform and fly half a mile away in the time that it takes most enemies to process and commit to an action.

This means Transformers’ AI systems need to be extra speedy.
“Our guys sometimes have to do some radical things in the background to compensate for this problem,” says Tieger.

*Pics Mirrored courtesy of Gameinformer.com:

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/DecepticonLeaper3.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/DecepticonGuardianAttackmode.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/DecepticonGuardian1.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/AutobotFlyerTemplate.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/AutobotTitan.jpg

Tetsuwan Convoy
21st October 2011, 08:26 PM
Wow, that be some freaky looking robots thar to be a blasting! I like the bright background they have used. Althugh atmospheric, the darkness of the first lessened the effect of Cybertron I thought as it was a bit hard to see the lovely levels.

Man, do we really have to wait a year for this? I don't think Batman and Sonic can hold me out for that long...

GoktimusPrime
21st October 2011, 09:06 PM
http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/th_DecepticonLeaper3.jpg
Looks inspired by Nut Convoy. ;)

Quickstrike
21st October 2011, 09:12 PM
http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/DecepticonGuardian1.jpg

Oh no, the Geth are invading Cybertron!

Hursticon
22nd October 2011, 01:43 PM
Courtesy of Gameinformer.com (http://www.gameinformer.com/p/transformers.aspx), we've been provided with yet another facet of the upcoming game; Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. :D

In this latest article; Resurrecting The Dinobots (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/10/21/transformers-resurrecting-the-dinobots.aspx), containing many new pics and vids, Matt Tieger and the Art Team of High Moon Studios detail how they came up with a new origin story for having Dinosaurs on Cybertron without having been to Earth as well as their approach to the new look for our favourite Saurian team. :cool:

*Pics Mirrored courtesy of Gameinformer.com:

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/1319225466_TransformersFallofCybertron-Grimlockfirebreathingattack.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/1319225649_TransformersFallofCybertron-Grimlockwithshield2.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/1319225464_TransformersFallofCybertron-ConceptArt_SwoopDinobot.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/1319225463_TransformersFallofCybertron-ConceptArt_SwoopBot.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/1319225463_TransformersFallofCybertron-ConceptArt_SlugDinobotFinal.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/1319225461_TransformersFallofCybertron-ConceptArt_SlugBotFinal.jpg

gdmetro
22nd October 2011, 03:19 PM
Yes!

And rumor has it all 5 will be released... in figure form. Grimlock as voyager, the rest in deluxe. :D

Whilst they wouldn't be as nice as all 5 MP dinobots, they will fill in as the dinobots for my classics shelf due to completeness.

Hursticon
22nd October 2011, 03:40 PM
Yes!

And rumor has it all 5 will be released... in figure form. Grimlock as voyager, the rest in deluxe. :D

Whilst they wouldn't be as nice as all 5 MP dinobots, they will fill in as the dinobots for my classics shelf due to completeness.

I agree; 5 MP Dinobots would be great but unless TakTom can Retool/Repaint them out of MP Grimlock it'll be unlikely to happen. :p:D

I really, really hope that there is some truth to that rumour but with only one tiny modification; I'd kinda prefer Sludge to be a Voyager too, purely for logical reasons as I'm perfectly happy with Slug/Slag, Swoop and Snarl being Deluxes but I think there might be - just might be some truth to this rumour for a couple of reasons. ;):)

griffin
23rd October 2011, 03:21 PM
Did anyone else notice Snarl in this image (http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/screenshots/TransformersFallofCybertron/Transformers%20Fall%20of%20Cybertron%20-%20Grimlock%20attack%202.jpg) at that gameinformer link (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/10/21/transformers-resurrecting-the-dinobots.aspx)?
Just need visual proof of Sludge now... (sorry sleeve :p )

It's interesting to hear that they are still conceiving their WFC game ideas from Gen1, right down to their visual appearances (which we've seen are completely different to Prime & Movie aesthetics). It's like the gamers are long time fans and are doing this game for fellow Gen1 fans, but then the story these characters are in ends up being shoe-horned into what Hasbro currently wants as it's story universe to be. The game designers even had to work hard at convincing Hasbro to allow them to use the Dinobots because they don't fit within their "grand plan".
(it also sounds like they might actually call the five dinobots by their original Gen1 names, instead of the Hasbro "politically correct on every continent" names - but is still too early to tell, especially if toys are likely... it has been a while since Hasbro managed to give all 5 classic names out to the right dinosaur forms)

The concept of Grimlock transforming when he gets too mad reminds me of an old Hulk game, which you had to keep his rage down in stages he had to infiltrate (avoiding electric traps & troops). I can't remember if you also had to keep him raged when needing to use the Hulk... but I'm thinking that may be the case in this game when using Grimlock. If you need to use him in robot mode, he can't be allowed to overheat (physically, like with an onscreen rage/heat meter)... but then when you need to take on a difficult situation or opponent, you gotta get him worked up to make him change.
Ah, just got to the 13minute mark on the video, and they ended up saying something similar... he has a rage meter (like the special ability feature in Campaign & Escalation), but you still choose to activate it, it isn't automatic.

I wonder who the blue robot is that's on the far left of the wall in the first video. If they've redesigned the main characters like they did with Optimus, the colours look like Thundercracker, but looks a lot more impressive than the regular seeker design.
A closer look at it, I don't think it is Thundercracker... so looks like an interesting character.

Hursticon
23rd October 2011, 03:46 PM
Well bloody spotted Griffin! :eek:
I honestly didn't even notice Snarl up there, I thought he was just part of the architecture. :o:p

I don't see them shoe-horning so much as drawing quite a bit of G1 references and overlaying them on top of the Narrative Skeleton that Hasbro has been trying to construct over the past couple of years, a sort of 'soft-link' kind of approach rather than the disjointed mess it has been in for quite some time. :cool:

Indeed Hasbro didn't actually have the Dinobots factored in with their Narrative Skeleton, I'm sticking with that designation by the way :p, but what High Moon Studios and Hasbro have come up with story-wise in order to include them in the mix; I think is absolutely brilliant on a number of very deep and multifaceted levels. ;)
With that being said, I hope Hasbro decide to integrate this origin into said Narrative Skeleton as I think it is a vastly superior piece of story telling; it beats the old 'Angsty Gladiator Tanks' or the 'Dim-witted products of a Ratchet/Wheeljack foray into designer Protoforms'. :p:D

I'm SO pumped for this game, it sounds and looks like it is going to be excellent fun to play but also an awesome TF story too; I really hope this is even more successful than it's predecessor, which it's already looking like it'll achieve :eek:, so we get more nigh-perfect Transformers games from this superb developer (High Moon Studios) but also some additional media in the forms of comics, novels and... oh! - toys! :D

Paulbot
23rd October 2011, 04:02 PM
I did notice Snarl, but think that if this game keeps to the "three characters per level" that the first game had then it will be Grimlock, Slag and Swoop who are playable since there are more pics of them. (Which just happens to be the same three Dinobots from Animated).

I picked up the GameInformer mag from Coles and the pics do look really nice.

Hursticon
23rd October 2011, 04:29 PM
@Paulbot: I seem to remember Matt Tieger saying in one of the interviews, not sure which one :o, that they were moving away from a 'choose one of three per level' system and going with a 'one per level' approach predominantly on a story delivery basis i.e. having each level focus on the character your playing as, rather than having a choice of character for a level; being a better way of delivering and participating in the story. :)
(Does that make sense? :o)

Tallestblue
23rd October 2011, 05:27 PM
Those Dinbots are Epic. And are these just rumours of toys or are there actually going to be toys? 'Cos my hopes are sky-high atm.

Hursticon
23rd October 2011, 06:21 PM
And are these just rumours of toys or are there actually going to be toys? 'Cos my hopes are sky-high atm.

At present, they are just rumours :o; although there are some indications from a variety of sources that give the rumours a little bit of substance - Only time will tell though. ;):cool:
(I mean, really there hasn't been a more perfect time/opportunity to bring these beloved saurians back from the tar pits :D)

kup
23rd October 2011, 07:14 PM
Did anyone else notice Snarl in this image (http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/screenshots/TransformersFallofCybertron/Transformers%20Fall%20of%20Cybertron%20-%20Grimlock%20attack%202.jpg) at that gameinformer link (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/10/21/transformers-resurrecting-the-dinobots.aspx)?

It's interesting to hear that they are still conceiving their WFC game ideas from Gen1, right down to their visual appearances (which we've seen are completely different to Prime & Movie aesthetics). It's like the gamers are long time fans and are doing this game for fellow Gen1 fans, but then the story these characters are in ends up being shoe-horned into what Hasbro currently wants as it's story universe to be. The game designers even had to work hard at convincing Hasbro to allow them to use the Dinobots because they don't fit within their "grand plan".
(it also sounds like they might actually call the five dinobots by their original Gen1 names, instead of the Hasbro "politically correct on every continent" names - but is still too early to tell, especially if toys are likely... it has been a while since Hasbro managed to give all 5 classic names out to the right dinosaur forms)

The concept of Grimlock transforming when he gets too mad reminds me of an old Hulk game, which you had to keep his rage down in stages he had to infiltrate (avoiding electric traps & troops). I can't remember if you also had to keep him raged when needing to use the Hulk... but I'm thinking that may be the case in this game when using Grimlock. If you need to use him in robot mode, he can't be allowed to overheat (physically, like with an onscreen rage/heat meter)... but then when you need to take on a difficult situation or opponent, you gotta get him worked up to make him change.
Ah, just got to the 13minute mark on the video, and they ended up saying something similar... he has a rage meter (like the special ability feature in Campaign & Escalation), but you still choose to activate it, it isn't automatic.

I wonder who the blue robot is that's on the far left of the wall in the first video. If they've redesigned the main characters like they did with Optimus, the colours look like Thundercracker, but looks a lot more impressive than the regular seeker design.
A closer look at it, I don't think it is Thundercracker... so looks like an interesting character.

Yep, (from my perception) they even hinted frustration at Hasbro's 'All in one' continuity idea for all their TF lines/products. To me, it is convoluted and nonsensical at best due to the fundamental differences of each franchise. Clearly someone not in the creative team at Hasbro came up with that totally impractical idea.

Well it seems that despite what Hasbro may tag on this game, it is being made with the same mentality as WFC which means another G1 inspired game and I am happy with that.

If only they would announce a PC release...

kurdt_the_goat
23rd October 2011, 07:21 PM
I read the article in the print Game Informer recently... they're running a big risk having levels tailored to character features.
This kind of thing always ends up with people ultimately preferring one style of play and wishing the rest of the game was similar, instead of a bunch of varying quality types of gameplay.

SharkyMcShark
23rd October 2011, 07:24 PM
The best bits of the first one were the bits in the Con campaign where you were invading Iacon (I think those were levels 3 and 4?)

We need less levels like the Seekers level, which was awful and made me put the game down for a few months.

Hursticon
23rd October 2011, 07:44 PM
Yep, they even hinted that Hasbro's 'All in one' continuity idea for all their TF lines/products is convoluted and nonsensical at best due to their fundamental differences.

I've watched the interviews and read the articles and I didn't get that impression at all from High Moon Studios with regards to the current undertaking of a Narrative Skeleton. :confused:
Those comments, I believe, were made in reference to the constant hash/re-hash patchwork quit that Hasbro was doing prior to this with the various cartoons and comics; both from Dreamwave and IDW. :cool:

Personally, I think it is quite clear that WFC/FOC, TF: Prime and Exodus/Exiles are all using the new Narrative Skeleton but are using it in their own ways in their own medium; i.e. it's interpretive and not the poorly executed rank and file, a-z/1-10 approach that had a Retcon every week due to bad memories and whole things being ignored. :rolleyes:

The Narrative Skeleton is a unified point to move the franchise forward from with WFC/FOC, TF: Prime and Exodus/Exiles being 'soft linked' and not hard coded-directly linked prequels and sequels. ;)

Zippo
23rd October 2011, 08:28 PM
All this info makes me wish I had a working console.
May just have to spend some of my sale money on a new Xbox 360 I think in preparation.

kup
23rd October 2011, 09:23 PM
I've watched the interviews and read the articles and I didn't get that impression at all from High Moon Studios with regards to the current undertaking of a Narrative Skeleton. :confused:
Those comments, I believe, were made in reference to the constant hash/re-hash patchwork quit that Hasbro was doing prior to this with the various cartoons and comics; both from Dreamwave and IDW. :cool:

Personally, I think it is quite clear that WFC/FOC, TF: Prime and Exodus/Exiles are all using the new Narrative Skeleton but are using it in their own ways in their own medium; i.e. it's interpretive and not the poorly executed rank and file, a-z/1-10 approach that had a Retcon every week due to bad memories and whole things being ignored. :rolleyes:

The Narrative Skeleton is a unified point to move the franchise forward from with WFC/FOC, TF: Prime and Exodus/Exiles being 'soft linked' and not hard coded-directly linked prequels and sequels. ;)

I took that in from the way they showed a bit of frustration at the Dinobots not being in the current 'Hasbro plan' and that they had to make a case for Hasbro to include them - He sounded and looked frustrated while explaining that as the 'All-in-one' Hasbro plan is a bit of a hinder on creativity as they expect everyone to conform to it which is difficult since several of the TF franchises are radically different from one another plus it sounds like it is also a bit restricted to what is already there.

To clarify, that was my perception based on Matt Tieger's expression and tone of voice as he was describing how he had to 'pitch' the Dinobot idea to Hasbro.

I have also edited my original post to to be more clear that it is my own interpretation.

Sleeve
23rd October 2011, 10:29 PM

All in due time, my good man. All in due time. :D

Hursticon
23rd October 2011, 10:35 PM
To clarify, that was my perception based on Matt Tieger's expression and tone of voice as he was describing how he had to 'pitch' the Dinobot idea to Hasbro.

I have also edited my original post to to be more clear that it is my own interpretation.

Oh yeah; Matt Tieger was definitely saying more than just words I agree ;), but if I remember correctly he also said that they (Hasbro) didn't have a way of including the Dinobots at all and chances are they would've just ignored them :rolleyes:; but due to Tieger's self described ability to sell and clearly demonstrated passion for the Dinobots and the Brand in general, we now have a very effective and deep piece of Origin story for the Dinobots that I think will work extremely well in this new Narrative Skeleton. ;):)

Either way, I think it's awesome that Matt Tieger was willing to put so much effort into pushing for & fleshing out the Dinobots with Hasbro; creating an effective story for them that benefits both the greater Narrative and we fans. :D
It is so awesome to see a Game Developer with a Team and Leader who are so clearly passionate about the license and who're willing to do their utmost to do the franchise justice in the process, I personally tip my hat to those at High Moon Studios for going that little extra mile for the fans (Themselves included). ;):D
(The only other Developer with such passion IMO is Rocksteady with Batman: Arkum Asylum/City ;):cool:)

Tetsuwan Convoy
24th October 2011, 12:30 AM
@Paulbot: I seem to remember Matt Tieger saying in one of the interviews, not sure which one :o, that they were moving away from a 'choose one of three per level' system and going with a 'one per level' approach predominantly on a story delivery basis i.e. having each level focus on the character your playing as, rather than having a choice of character for a level; being a better way of delivering and participating in the story. :)
(Does that make sense? :o)
Yeh, he mentions with the Grimlock gameplay that the player discovers how to use Grimlock's skills, muach as grimlock does in the story, so I see first Grimbo level consisting of lab breakout.

That kind of sucks, as I liked the banter between the characters in WFC and love MP campaign modes. Always more fun with a friend!:D I was hoping that maybe they would have Grimlock busting the other Dinobots out at the same time, then as they joined, pals could join in too. But alas, this may not be the case.

DOTM suffered the playable character per level hitch. I really enoyed playing as Soundwave and Ironhide, but found Bumblebee extraodanarily dull (which is the first level, not a good start to the game...)

I also hope they make all the Dinobots playable somewhere in the campaign, not just Grimlock. Even as extras once you've finished, and you can select them when choosing a level (even though they weren't there originally). Again, DOTM let me down there. Optimus looked cool, but his level was ALL boss fight, it would have been nice to be able to play Bumblebee's level with him for a change.

Yep, (from my perception) they even hinted frustration at Hasbro's 'All in one' continuity idea for all their TF lines/products. To me, it is convoluted and nonsensical at best due to the fundamental differences of each franchise. Clearly someone not in the creative team at Hasbro came up with that totally impractical idea.

I think its a shame that High Moon had to work hard to pitch the Dinobots. Surely Hasbro know how popular the Dinobots are, you'd think they would try and find a way to fit them in somehow, aftreall recent bios have been pretty weakly written, so i can't see why they all of a suddenly think "No no no, Dinobots are too implausibale."

The math goes something like this:
Dinosaurs are cool, robots are cool, dinosaur robots are cool, robots that change into robot dinosaurs therefeore are FRIKKIN AWESOMESAUCE IN A KIKASS HOTDOG!

Implausible in Transformers? Bah! Dinobots for the movie :Grimlock crashes into a Museum, bangs his head on the way down, can't speak properly, little bit confused, sees a T-rex skeleton/model and scans it thinking thats the way to go. Sure it's a pretty bad disguise, but who cares, see above mathematical equation.

To summarise, I am chuffed they are there, they need some loving, just hope we can play as them all and not just in multiplayer.

Bartrim
24th October 2011, 07:45 AM
That kind of sucks, as I liked the banter between the characters in WFC and love MP campaign modes. Always more fun with a friend!:D I was hoping that maybe they would have Grimlock busting the other Dinobots out at the same time, then as they joined, pals could join in too. But alas, this may not be the case.

DOTM suffered the playable character per level hitch. I really enoyed playing as Soundwave and Ironhide, but found Bumblebee extraodanarily dull (which is the first level, not a good start to the game...)

That's it! I was playing DOTM the other night after barely playing it when I initially first bought it and I was thinking "I'm bored. Why am I bored playing this game? It feels exactly like WFC but it features movie characters. No big deal. I like the movies and the characters so I should enjoy this game, but I am not. Why am I not enjoying this game?" I realise that the above quote is the reason... also maybe the setting has something to do with it. I loved WFC as it was played on Cybertron where we have never been before. But DOTM game is on Earth and... well Earth is Earth.

Sam
24th October 2011, 06:56 PM
Really looking forward to this game, hopefully there will be a PC version.

Hursticon
25th October 2011, 11:16 AM
Continuing their coverage of the upcoming Transformers: Fall of Cybertron game, Gameinformer (http://www.gameinformer.com/p/transformers.aspx) gives us yet another bit of insight (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/10/24/fall-of-cybertron-deep-character-dive-jazz.aspx?PostPageIndex=1) around a small piece of the gameplay, with a focus around a particular fan favourite character; Jazz.

Quote from Gameinformer.com:

Like all of the characters in Fall of Cybertron, Jazz and the levels he plays are built to complement one another. The challenges and battles you’ll face match Jazz’s particular skill set and strengths. Along the way, you’ll get to know more about this redesigned character, including a unique gameplay mechanic that only Jazz can implement.

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/Jazz_Robot.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/TransformersFallofCybertron-Jazz_Vehiclemodefighting.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/TransformersFallofCybertron-JazzwithHook5.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/TransformersFallofCybertron-JazzfightingInsecticons.jpg

Sam
25th October 2011, 09:09 PM
I saw / read this in the Game Informer article this month as well. I bought the mag just for the WFC2 article. :)

Can't wait to see how Metroplex behaves in battle (but looks like we won't actually get to use him).

tinyJazz
25th October 2011, 11:12 PM
This game just keeps getting better. If they make a toy, I'll die. http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww93/tinyJazz/excitedplz.gif

Bartrim
26th October 2011, 07:37 AM
I saw / read this in the Game Informer article this month as well. I bought the mag just for the WFC2 article. :)

Can't wait to see how Metroplex behaves in battle (but looks like we won't actually get to use him).

Metroplex is in the game? Awesome:D Although he will probably be a boss battle like Omega in the first game.

This game just keeps getting better. If they make a toy, I'll die. http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww93/tinyJazz/excitedplz.gif

Whoa calm down there... too much sugar perhaps?:p What about if they make a toy in legends size. Then it will be a tiny jazz:p...

Now I sit back and wait for the laughs and everyone telling me how funny I am:p:o

5FDP
26th October 2011, 08:58 AM
Now I sit back and wait for the laughs and everyone telling me how funny I am:p:o

:rolleyes: Not going to happen

Bartrim
26th October 2011, 09:01 AM

You're all heart mate:p Why don't you throw a dig at St Louis Rams in there while your at it?:p

Hursticon
26th October 2011, 10:29 AM

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/2.jpg

Metroplex is in the game? Awesome:D Although he will probably be a boss battle like Omega in the first game.

Hell yeah Awesome! :eek:, though, I agree that he'll likely be a boss character like Omega at the same time I wouldn't be surprised by that; just having him in the game will be sweet! :D

Whoa calm down there... too much sugar perhaps?:p What about if they make a toy in legends size. Then it will be a tiny jazz:p...

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/th_lol.gif (http://s1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/?action=view&current=lol.gif)

5FDP
26th October 2011, 12:55 PM
You're all heart mate:p Why don't you throw a dig at St Louis Rams in there while your at it?:p

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/2/129147000313608724.jpg

Bartrim
26th October 2011, 02:46 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/2/129147000313608724.jpg

I would have an argument but a 91 yard rushing touchdown by Dallas pretty much makes any argument I have for the Rams invalid.

Sam
26th October 2011, 07:33 PM

Hell yeah Awesome! :eek:, though, I agree that he'll likely be a boss character like Omega at the same time I wouldn't be surprised by that; just having him in the game will be sweet! :D

The Game Informer article says that he will be in the stage where you play Optimus (when the situation against Decepticons is looking dire, and you have to help buy time for the other Autobots). It also states that Metroplex will be around two to three times the size of Omega Supreme from WFC1.

So I don't know if we will only end up seeing part of him, maybe like his fingers flicking Decepticons into outer space. :)

I also wonder if this means he is bigger than Trypticon from WFC1 (since I am only playing Decepticon campaign from the first one, and not very far at all) ?

Hursticon
27th October 2011, 02:08 AM
@Sam: Cheers for the heads up mate, I found and bought the Magazine this evening so I'll be giving it a damn good read. :D
(Argh! - I want this game already... On PC! :p)

Hursticon
27th October 2011, 12:40 PM
Today, Gameinformer.com (http://www.gameinformer.com/p/transformers.aspx) provides us with High Moon Studios' and Hasbro's conferred Timeline for the Transformers: War for Cybertron/Fall of Cybertron games (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/10/26/the-transformers-timeline.aspx), in the form of a picture. (Requiring Saving & Zooming)

Below is quoted from Gameinformer.com:

In the last couple of years, Hasbro has been making a significant effort to clarify and codify these many disparate fictions into a meaningful new timeline. These days, the novels, cartoons, and games share a history that is generally consistent with itself, and one might even reference events in another.

In the interest of offering an official history, we asked High Moon Studios, in cooperation with Hasbro, to prepare a timeline that explains the emerging fiction. If you've been paying attention to the Transformers for many years, you'll notice elements of the story drawn from the original generation of stories, not the least of which is the tracing of a history that takes the Transformers from Cybertron to Earth. Careful readers will also notice some new hints about the direction of the Fall of Cybertron storyline.

Pic Mirrored for Posterity:

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/fulltimeline_1319661928.jpg

GoktimusPrime
27th October 2011, 12:43 PM
Transformers Prime seems to be curiously absent from that timeline :p

Hursticon
27th October 2011, 01:09 PM
Transformers Prime seems to be curiously absent from that timeline :p

Why would it be a part of it?, beyond sharing similar narrative instances they're unrelated. :confused:
(RE: My point about them not being direct sequels/prequels ;))

Personally, I do like the that a good helping of G1 has been thrown into the mixture and also that there is quite an interesting scope available for the post Transformers: Fall of Cybertron sequel. :D

griffin
27th October 2011, 03:00 PM
Why would it be a part of it?, beyond sharing similar narrative instances they're unrelated. :confused:
(RE: My point about them not being direct sequels/prequels ;))

Because that's what Hasbro have been stating. Both are part of the one universe, but telling the story from different ends of the spectrum... which unfortunately meant they didn't meet up exactly in the middle.
In other words, Hasbro wouldn't be good bridge builders. :p

Hursticon
27th October 2011, 03:10 PM
Because that's what Hasbro have been stating. Both are part of the one universe, but telling the story from different ends of the spectrum... which unfortunately meant they didn't meet up exactly in the middle.

Pfft, when have we ever taken what Hasbro says as accurate? :p:D
I agree with the bridge comment though. :cool:

UltraMarginal
27th October 2011, 03:45 PM

mostly because they don't have any civil engineers on their staff... :p

kup
27th October 2011, 04:52 PM
The story in that 'timeline' is very generic and doesn't specifically fit anything but it can generally apply to all.

It's basically a story that says 'Transformers are robots from Planet Cybertron who are having a civil war'.

That's pretty much every single TF franchise story to date...

Not much bridge building as it hasn't changed or enlightened us with anything :rolleyes:.

In a way I guess that's good since the timeline is so basic that it allows for writers or developers with more creativity to make something out of it...as long as Hasbro allows them too.

Sam
27th October 2011, 08:42 PM
@Sam: Cheers for the heads up mate, I found and bought the Magazine this evening so I'll be giving it a damn good read. :D
(Argh! - I want this game already... On PC! :p)

Same here! :)

I emailed High Moon Studios about whether there will be a PC version, haven't heard back (don't think they reply to every single email anyway).

PS. Accidentally edited your post instead of quoting it, all good now though, sorry!

Hursticon
27th October 2011, 08:50 PM
Same here! :)

I emailed High Moon Studios about whether there will be a PC version, haven't heard back (don't think they reply to every single email anyway).

PS. Accidentally edited your post instead of quoting it, all good now though, sorry!

T'was a good read too, did little for my patience though. :p

I sure hope you get a reply dude, or at least they publicly address the issue, I know a lot of people are hanging on hope for a PC release. :o

No problems at all with the post man, these things happen. :cool:

Hursticon
28th October 2011, 10:45 AM
Continuing their month long charge, Gameinformer.com (http://www.gameinformer.com/p/transformers.aspx) have another article for us today entitled - True to Form: Safeguarding The Transformers License (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/10/26/true-to-character-transformer-fall-of-cybertron.aspx). :cool:
This article has Matt Tieger (Game Director at High Moon Studios) and Aaron Archer (Hasbro Vice President of Intellectual Property Development) discussing the licensing and intellectual property development with regards to Transformers: War for Cybertron & Fall of Cybertron, covering the following areas:

The creation of the first game.
Game narrative.
Managing Transformers lore.
Scripting a game.
Creative limits.
Designing characters.
The War for Cybertron toys.
Dinobots.

It may seem strange for a toy brand to have its own encyclopedia of chronicled narrative. Properties like Barbie, Hot Wheels, or LEGO aren’t known for their large wealth of fiction, for example. One of the first toy properties to pioneer the concept of branching off into additional media was Hasbro’s Transformers. Since the franchise was first introduced into the world in 1984, the brand has constantly been reinvented for different markets and audiences.

High Moon’s Transformers: War for Cybertron was significant in that it translated the core Transformer’s concepts into an entertaining game. Few licenses are able to safely make this transition. We sat down to talk with High Moon game director Matt Tieger and Hasbro vice president of intellectual property development Aaron Archer about how they avoided traditional licensing pitfalls and what they learned that will make the upcoming Transformer: Fall of Cybertron even better.

Pic Mirrored Courtesy of Gameinformer.com:

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/TransformersLicense610-1.jpg

kup
30th October 2011, 12:53 AM
Some bad news for as PC gamers:

PS3 and Xbox 360 are the only confirmed platforms. PC is highly unlikely due to resources.

Source:
http://twitter.com/#!/HighMoonStudios/status/128573936517648384

It works like this for me:

No PC game = No buying and that includes toys (unless I can repurpose) :(

Hursticon
30th October 2011, 02:26 AM

Source:

No PC game = No buying and that includes toys (unless I can repurpose) :(

Heh... :(

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/Maggie-s-about-to-cry----maggie-sim.gif

*Typical bloody Activision... :rolleyes:

griffin
30th October 2011, 02:29 AM
Got the magazine today, and was surprised that they featured Vortex in the article (along with the other characters already mentioned). They also showed the new forms of Optimus and Megatron.

Hursticon
30th October 2011, 02:40 AM
Gameinformer.com (http://www.gameinformer.com/p/transformers.aspx) have just produced their latest article on the upcoming game, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. :cool:

Entitled 'Creating the Soundscape of Transformers (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/10/28/creating-the-sounds-of-the-transformers.aspx)'; the article details how High Moon Studios approaches making the sounds for their Transformers games whilst also giving a demonstration, we also get the chance to see Peter Cullen recording lines for the upcoming game. :eek:

Also, Gameinformer.com (http://www.gameinformer.com/p/transformers.aspx) will be having a special guest on their upcoming Podcast (This coming Thursday/Friday for those of us in Oz); none other than Game Director Matt Tieger and Gameinformer are giving you the chance to submit some questions to Tiege (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/10/28/transformers-fall-of-cybertron-ask-the-developer.aspx) - If you're interested in asking a question about Transformers: Fall of Cybertron?, head here (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/10/28/transformers-fall-of-cybertron-ask-the-developer.aspx) and post your questions in the comment section at the bottom of the page. :)

GoktimusPrime
30th October 2011, 08:00 AM
I'd get the toys even if I didn't get the game. I play with the toys WAY more anyway. :)

Ode to a Grasshopper
30th October 2011, 08:29 PM

Source:

No PC game = No buying and that includes toys (unless I can repurpose) :(NOOOOO!:(
And +1.

Hursticon
1st November 2011, 01:22 PM
Sticking with their coverage of the upcoming game, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron from High Moon Studios (http://www.highmoonstudios.com/), Gameinformer.com (http://www.gameinformer.com/p/transformers.aspx) have just released their latest article; Larger Than Life: Designing Fall of Cybertron's Set Piece Moments (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/10/31/larger-than-life-designing-transformer-s-set-piece-moments.aspx).

Two competing storytelling philosophies exist in video games. One states that a game should be filled with a series of scripted cutscenes that narrate an overarching plot. The other believes a game should never take control away from a player, thereby creating a kind of simulated fiction where the player is mobile actor. In Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, developer High Moon is aiming for this second approach. It hopes to offer players some measure of control even during scripted sequences. But telling a story this way is no simple task.

Checkout the latest article and subsequent video with High Moon's Cinematic Designer - Neil Carter, by clicking on the link (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/10/31/larger-than-life-designing-transformer-s-set-piece-moments.aspx). :cool:

*Pic Mirrored Courtesy of Gameinformer.com:

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/dino610.jpg

GoktimusPrime
1st November 2011, 01:57 PM
Shockwave looks a bit Binaltechesque with those wingalings on his backalack. ;)

UltraMarginal
1st November 2011, 02:29 PM
no PC version pretty much leaves me out in the cold on this one. I hoppe they are just creating tension or something...

Hursticon
3rd November 2011, 02:29 PM
Gameinformer.com (http://www.gameinformer.com/p/transformers.aspx) has posted yet another article, doing an excellent job guys ;), in the form of a 35min - Roundtable Discussion video with regards to the gameplay (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/11/02/transformers-fall-of-cybertron-gameplay-roundtable.aspx) of the upcoming Transformers: Fall of Cybertron game. :eek::cool:

Game Informer editors Matt Miller and Ben Reeves sat down in the conference room at High Moon Studios with game director Matt Tieger and lead programmer Andrew Zaferakis for a casual conversation about the most interesting gameplay additions to Transformers: Fall of Cybertron.

Gameinformer.com (http://www.gameinformer.com/p/transformers.aspx) would also like to remind readers that:

If you have any remaining questions, feel free to submit them (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/10/28/transformers-fall-of-cybertron-ask-the-developer.aspx) for the upcoming Transformers podcast with Matt Tieger.

Pic Mirrored Courtesy of Gameinformer.com:

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/TransformersGameplay610.jpg

Deonasis
4th November 2011, 11:43 AM
^ Note in Hursti's pic above is the alt mode for a yellow decepticon some thought was Dragstrip.

Hursticon
4th November 2011, 11:54 AM
^ Note in Hursti's pic above is the alt mode for a yellow decepticon some thought was Dragstrip.

I don't know Deo, that yellow character in the pic above looks quite a lot like WFC Bumblebee to me :o; where was it noted that there was a yellow Decepticon dude?

Hursticon
4th November 2011, 12:04 PM
Gameinformer.com (http://www.gameinformer.com/p/transformers.aspx)'s latest addition to their coverage of the upcoming game Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, is in the format of a Special Edition Podcast (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/podcasts/archive/2011/11/03/tfse.aspx); in which High Moon Studios game director, Matt Tieger, answers some fan submitted questions on their successor to the very popular Transformers: War for Cybertron game.

Click here (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/podcasts/archive/2011/11/03/tfse.aspx) to listen in. :cool:

kup
4th November 2011, 01:36 PM
In the podcast in the 36:50 mark, Matt Tieger absolutely and definitively confirms that there won't be a PC version.

Looks like that's it for my following of this game since I won't be able to play it :(

Deonasis
4th November 2011, 02:10 PM
I don't know Deo, that yellow character in the pic above looks quite a lot like WFC Bumblebee to me :o; where was it noted that there was a yellow Decepticon dude?
Sorry Hursti, I meant the *tiny* bit of art directly below the wooden beam. It is very small but is yellow and has the purple highlights of the Decepticons. It is still a fairly clear image if you zoom in on it.

Hursticon
4th November 2011, 03:53 PM
In the podcast in the 36:50 mark, Matt Tieger absolutely and definitively confirms that there won't be a PC version.

Looks like that's it for my following of this game since I won't be able to play it :(

It is indeed a disappointing confirmation but at least it was an honestly explained and very understandable reason; of which I commend Matt Tieger in doing as a lot of developers would simply keep consumers in the dark until a month before release. :o

For High Moon Studios personally, they simply do not have a unit/division/resources that are able to provide the proper levels of support that is required for the game on a PC/Mac platform. The other reason being that for their ability to achieve the best result possible for the budget they have, they simply must invest their funds and resources towards development on the systems that are going to provide the most unified and stable platforms for operation that'll require the least amount of heavy long term support.

This unfortunately leaves PC based fans high end dry but it is through no fault of High Moon Studios or the End User, but an industry trend that is being felt across the board. To anyone who plays PC games or at least monitors the PC Gaming industry, this'll be of very little surprise really as a very large amount of developers are starting to take the route of targeted and specific platform investment; focusing development nigh totally towards 1 or the other, PC or Console, depending on where the particular project is likely to make the largest return and if budget permits? - Maybe a port is produced, which 8 times out of 10 aren't worth the disc they're pressed on or the electricity they're downloaded via. :(

I'll still be following this game's development regardless however because if a game was ever to convince me to purchase a PS3, it'd be a Transformers game and this particular Transformers game I feel is being developed by an incredibly talented and dedicated company that is only trying to benefit gamers and TF fans alike. :cool:

Sorry Hursti, I meant the *tiny* bit of art directly below the wooden beam. It is very small but is yellow and has the purple highlights of the Decepticons. It is still a fairly clear image if you zoom in on it.

Ah... Yes!, I see what you mean now dude; I think that could very well be Dragstrip indeed, which is an interesting premise as it begs the question:

With the revelation that we will see Bruticus and the Combaticons in TF: FOC, are we possibly going to see other Combiners? :eek:

theheretic
4th November 2011, 05:10 PM
Does this mean there will be little to no patches and map/character packs? Because that would suck. I loved the new maps and characters that came out months after the game release. Keeps the multiplayer fresh, which was a great part of WFC. I really hope they put some more focus into multiplayer as that's what KEPT me playing after I'd ran through the story a few times.

Hursticon
4th November 2011, 05:16 PM
Does this mean there will be little to no patches and map/character packs? Because that would suck. I loved the new maps and characters that came out months after the game release. Keeps the multiplayer fresh, which was a great part of WFC. I really hope they put some more focus into multiplayer as that's what KEPT me playing after I'd ran through the story a few times.

Rest assured that that is all coming dude, my comments above were focussed at PC and not console. ;):)

Do have a listen of the Podcast, it's 55mins long and I apologise as I'm not sure exactly at what time points it's mentioned but :o, everything you're curious about is mentioned within it and I think you'll come away with some rather big smiles. :cool:

theheretic
4th November 2011, 05:27 PM
My bad. I haven't listened to it because I'm on holidays and spending all day at the beach(not that I'm rubbing it in or anything). I need a break down or minutes of it.

kup
4th November 2011, 07:45 PM
To anyone who plays PC games or at least monitors the PC Gaming industry, this'll be of very little surprise really as a very large amount of developers are starting to take the route of targeted and specific platform investment; focusing development nigh totally towards 1 or the other, PC or Console, depending on where the particular project is likely to make the largest return and if budget permits? - Maybe a port is produced, which 8 times out of 10 aren't worth the disc they're pressed on or the electricity they're downloaded via. :(

Hursty, where are you getting this information? The PC gaming platform is actually going through a bit of a 'golden age' with many awesome game releases. As far as I know, this is the only multi-platform game not getting a PC release. Most high profile games get a PC release like Arkham City.

Too many awesome games to list and sometimes to play are being released and when it comes to multi-port games the PC release usually ends up being the best of them all. I don't know what methods you use to 'monitor' the PC industry but it certainly not matching what I experience as a dedicate PC gamer.

Why am I hesitant to buy a console to play Fall for Cybertron? Because I don't think it is worth buying a $400 console to play ONE game. The PC accommodates me for all others and more.

Tetsuwan Convoy
4th November 2011, 08:14 PM

Oh they will be there for sure. That seem to be the technique for games now. Sell the game at a high price, then leave bits it and sell mroe of it later....

I am not jaded at all.:p

Hursticon
4th November 2011, 11:18 PM
Hursty, where are you getting this information? The PC gaming platform is actually going through a bit of a 'golden age' with many awesome game releases. As far as I know, this is the only multi-platform game not getting a PC release. Most high profile games get a PC release like Arkham City.

Too many awesome games to list and sometimes to play are being released and when it comes to multi-port games the PC release usually ends up being the best of them all. I don't know what methods you use to 'monitor' the PC industry but it certainly not matching what I experience as a dedicate PC gamer.

My own sights and experience really, that and I've noticed a growing opinion from a number of developers (Notably my resident PC god: John Carmack :p) that they're getting rather frustrated with programming for the PC as compared to a Console; in that the amount of crap one has to try and code for, like: O/S, Graphics & Sound Drivers and widely varied Hardware Make-ups that comprise PCs, compared to that of standardised and never changing hardware setups and O/Ss like that of with consoles. :)
(Checkout John's Quakecon 2011 keynote (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zgYG-_ha28), mind you it's 1.5hrs or so long :p)

That being said though, and as I mentioned, those that are solely coding for the PC are doing amazing things; I wouldn't necessarily call it a golden age but there certainly are a number of PC only games that are amazing like WoW, Starcraft 2, L4D but I'm looking forward to playing things like Rage and Diablo III for instance... oh and Doom 4! (When it's done ;):D)
(Holy crap can I not wait for Diablo III and Rage! :D)

Sure, there are some AAA titles that have been successfully ported to the PC like Batman: Arkum Asylum/City, BF3 & COD (Though these started life out on PC I'd debate whether their focus nowadays) and Darksiders, but there are quite a number of comparatively depressing ports like Spider Man: Web of Shadows and GTA IV as well as games that should've seen a PC release but didn't like Red Dead Redemption and obviously TF: FoC. :o
Personally, I hate ports as they're too hit and miss unless significant resources are thrown their way to make them glisten, BF/CoD & Portal 2, but bad ports swing both ways as not every PC port to a console (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NM01Jy8di0) survives the the trip either. :p

Why am I hesitant to buy a console to play Fall for Cybertron? Because I don't think it is worth buying a $400 console to play ONE game. The PC accommodates me for all others and more.

Don't worry man, I'm hesitant too but if I were to get a current gen concole then the decision would be helped with things like TF: FoC, TF: Prime on Bluray, GoW, GTAIV & V, Uncharted... there are plenty of games but yeah, I wouldn't buy one simply for a single game either. ;):)
(Unless TF: FoC turns out to be the best game ever, but nothing will top this (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/engine-evolution-id-software/712958) in my mind. :cool:)

Deonasis
4th November 2011, 11:47 PM
Ah... Yes!, I see what you mean now dude; I think that could very well be Dragstrip indeed, which is an interesting premise as it begs the question:

...are we possibly going to see other Combiners? :eek:

Arghh, you are driving me bonkers Hursti! :D A while ago only the robot mode was shown in a small blurry image, people debated who it was, and some thought it was Dragstrip (and it could have been it was that hard to tell). If you hold down "Ctrl" and press "+" on your keyboard the screen will zoom in, repeat this until the screen doesn't zoom in any more, then look at the image. I would say it looks more like a Warthog from the Halo games with a big gun on top. It is not a big surprise, it is concept art for a character known to be in the game already and I was only saying the tiny picture on the wall rules out that this character could be Dragstrip. My guess is we will only see 1 combiner :( Still should be super sweet though! :cool: Halo, GoW and Mass Effect are also great games ;)

Lord_Zed
5th November 2011, 12:35 AM
I doubt I'll be playing this game, given there is no PC version. While in theory if it were the most awesome thing ever maybe I'd think about it when the consoles were on sale, but I haven't owned one or even desired to own one for years.

The bottom line is, console gaming doesn't really seem to suit my style, and there are other things I'd prefer to invest my leisure funds in.

I would still like to see a game based Grimlock toy though.

griffin
5th November 2011, 12:58 AM

With the revelation that we will see Bruticus and the Combaticons in TF: FOC, are we possibly going to see other Combiners? :eek:

Not sure about other combiners, but we already had Stunticons (Breakdown, Dead End), Aerialbots (Skydive, Silverbolt) and Combaticons (Onslaught) in WFC... so having Dragstrip and other members of these "special teams" in FoC wouldn't be that big a deal. It'll just have fans assuming that they are there to combine, and then complain if only the Combaticons do.

kup
5th November 2011, 01:51 AM
My own sights and experience really, that and I've noticed a growing opinion from a number of developers (Notably my resident PC god: John Carmack :p) that they're getting rather frustrated with programming for the PC as compared to a Console; in that the amount of crap one has to try and code for, like: O/S, Graphics & Sound Drivers and widely varied Hardware Make-ups that comprise PCs, compared to that of standardised and never changing hardware setups and O/Ss like that of with consoles. :)
(Checkout John's Quakecon 2011 keynote (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zgYG-_ha28), mind you it's 1.5hrs or so long :p)

That being said though, and as I mentioned, those that are solely coding for the PC are doing amazing things; I wouldn't necessarily call it a golden age but there certainly are a number of PC only games that are amazing like WoW, Starcraft 2, L4D but I'm looking forward to playing things like Rage and Diablo III for instance... oh and Doom 4! (When it's done ;):D)
(Holy crap can I not wait for Diablo III and Rage! :D)

Sure, there are some AAA titles that have been successfully ported to the PC like Batman: Arkum Asylum/City, BF3 & COD (Though these started life out on PC I'd debate whether their focus nowadays) and Darksiders, but there are quite a number of comparatively depressing ports like Spider Man: Web of Shadows and GTA IV as well as games that should've seen a PC release but didn't like Red Dead Redemption and obviously TF: FoC. :o
Personally, I hate ports as they're too hit and miss unless significant resources are thrown their way to make them glisten, BF/CoD & Portal 2, but bad ports swing both ways as not every PC port to a console (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NM01Jy8di0) survives the the trip either. :p

Don't worry man, I'm hesitant too but if I were to get a current gen concole then the decision would be helped with things like TF: FoC, TF: Prime on Bluray, GoW, GTAIV & V, Uncharted... there are plenty of games but yeah, I wouldn't buy one simply for a single game either. ;):)
(Unless TF: FoC turns out to be the best game ever, but nothing will top this (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/engine-evolution-id-software/712958) in my mind. :cool:)

Hursty, I am afraid that I disagree much with what you have said there. We seem to be completely different sort of gamers. I am with Zed in which that the typical console games don't really hold much appeal to me but to give you an idea on how much we differ:

John Carmack - 'Gaming god' is too much of an over statement for me. ID hasn't really produced a good game in a very long time with most of their releases since Doom 3 being nothing more than Graphics Engine demonstrations with very generic gameplay. Even so, it's been several years (approaching 10?) since we have seen anything revolutionary from him. His name does resonate in PC gaming history but I can't say that his name means much to me nowadays when it comes to contemporary games.

Diablo III, WoW, SC2 and other Blizzard games - I have been disliking Blizzard since WoW despite it's popularity as I think it is one of the most mindless games ever. Ever since WoW, Blizzard has failed to have the same impact with me as it once did and this is coming from a once Super mega hardcore Blizzard fan! You look at my storage and it's packed with Blizzard action figures, Game of the year and special editions of Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo, etc along with novels, comic books, etc!

Now, I couldn't give two s**ts about Blizzard. I have monumental hatred for Wow and Starcraft 2 was just Starcraft 1 with better graphics (and not that great to begin with). Diablo III just looks like a piece of crap when compared to contemporary RPG games like Dragon Age which blows it out of the water and into space by what I have seen so far.

I no longer have the same confidence in neither Blizzard nor John Carmack. To me they are kind of like the 'Speilberg' or 'Lucas' of the gaming world. They were once great but I can't say I care for their stuff any more.

The other games you mentioned I don't really care about and most of them end up with a PC port at some stage anyways.

To me, I am playing more PC games that I can handle. Every time I am finished with one, 2 pop up which I really want to play and they are not just ok games but fantastic ones. So to me there is a golden age but that is possibly due to the fact that we seem to be completely different type of gamers.

Lord_Zed
5th November 2011, 02:49 AM
Going OT here I think, but umm yeah none of the games other than Arkham Asylum and GTA IV that Hursti mentioned have ever been on my radar.

And I played the GTA IV port considered inferior to the console version all the way through and only had one issue, so If this is the sort of bad port we are talking about then I'm not overly fussed.

I've never followed gaming history closely, so I make no claims of gaming renaissances or the like, all I know is since buying my new PC I have picked up more enjoyable and high quality games (cheaply too) then I have allotted time to play.

1orion2many
5th November 2011, 02:52 AM
Boy am I at the opposite end of the scale from you Kup, I enjoy playing wow and have pre-ordered Diablo 3. I prefer Console gaming in general as there is less stuffing around to play the game. Some games don't even work properly until you have stuffed around with the settings, Pain in the backside when that happens. Each to their own, Even if this game was released on PC I'd take a console version over a PC version any day.

theheretic
5th November 2011, 09:24 AM
Boy am I at the opposite end of the scale from you Kup, I enjoy playing wow and have pre-ordered Diablo 3. I prefer Console gaming in general as there is less stuffing around to play the game. Some games don't even work properly until you have stuffed around with the settings, Pain in the backside when that happens. Each to their own, Even if this game was released on PC I'd take a console version over a PC version any day.

+1 except for the WOW part

GoktimusPrime
5th November 2011, 10:18 AM

See but, I'm not a gamer. But I would like to play FOC cos ya know, it's Transformers (although I still find playing with the toys to be much more fun, but I don't mind playing the games either).

So the frustrating thing is... I'd have to buy a console for the sole purpose of playing FOC because I have no intention of buying any other game. Even if I did, I know I'd play them a few times then forget about them. I bought a Wii with a stack of games a few years back - played with it for one summer, then since then I've never touched it. :(

I dunno... I might sell my Wii & games and buy myself a PS3... that way I can play FOC and have a Blu Ray player at the same time. Just as well I don't have a Blu Ray player yet...

kup
5th November 2011, 02:12 PM
I may wait some years when an Xbox360 or PS3 emulator gets created and refined for the PC. Then I may play Fall of Cybertron.

Going OT here I think, but umm yeah none of the games other than Arkham Asylum and GTA IV that Hursti mentioned have ever been on my radar.

And I played the GTA IV port considered inferior to the console version all the way through and only had one issue, so If this is the sort of bad port we are talking about then I'm not overly fussed.

I've never followed gaming history closely, so I make no claims of gaming renaissances or the like, all I know is since buying my new PC I have picked up more enjoyable and high quality games (cheaply too) then I have allotted time to play.

There was a down turn some years back in where it seemed that all that was being released for PC were generic FPS clones. It got really boring and that was the closest I came to either consider buying a console or abandoning the gaming scene.

Now, as you mentioned, there are more games that I can play and really good ones too on the PC. Games on the consoles that appeal to me? Not so much.

So for people in my situation or similar who do want to play Fall of Cybertron - Is it worth forking out the $400 for a console to play one game? I may wait some time for an emulator as mentioned or when the next gen consoles come out and the old ones go on clearance - Not sure as by then I may not really care at all.

As mentioned, I prefer the PC to a console but putting aside the gaming, I also prefer it from the technical side of it. To install a game on a PC it takes just a bout as much time as installing it on a console and on top of that if something does go wrong with the PC, (assuming you have the knowhow) it is very easy to fix with parts readily and cheaply available if needed.

The consoles are not without their problems either with the Rings of death and Yellow Lights of doom and they seem to crash just as much as a PC does since their architecture are beginning to resemble one more and more. Given how much stuff there is on console technical faults on line, the problems do not seem to be uncommon with the difference being that a PC can be easily diagnosed and fixed while a console may need go back to the manufacturer with a heavy repair bill.

Hursticon
5th November 2011, 03:23 PM
@Kup: I'm happy to agree to disagree dude :), I don't want to argue as we clearly have different takes/focuses on the PC industry and what we like to play but regardless to our differences we both support the superior platform. ;):D
(A very good point about the PS3 Emulator too, though I don't know if I'll be able to wait that long :p)

I like consoles, but I'll favour a PC almost every time which is why I share in everyone's disappointment on a lack of a PC release but I am also not entirely surprised by the decision that's been made either. :o
Still, I don't feel we should come down on those who're making this game as they are fans themselves and it is to their credit that they are doing their best to make the best Transformers game they possibly can, for as many fans and gamers as they possibly can. :cool:

One thing we can all agree on though... "I wanna Space T-Rex Toy!" :D

GoktimusPrime
5th November 2011, 03:54 PM
You need to install games on consoles now?!? I thought they were just instant play... :( Man... last night I had a dream that someone got themselves an original 8-Bit Nintendo Famicom... heh.

Hursticon
5th November 2011, 04:08 PM
You need to install games on consoles now?!? I thought they were just instant play... :( Man... last night I had a dream that someone got themselves an original 8-Bit Nintendo Famicom... heh.

I'm still rockin' my Megadrive man, not too far behind. :D
Yeah, current gen consoles except the Wii utilise HDDs for faster loading and freeing up other memory resources; they're pretty much cut-down proprietary PCs nowadays. :rolleyes::p

kup
5th November 2011, 07:05 PM

Download an Emulator and start playing now! :)

I was a Nintendo fan boy back in the day from the NES to the N64. That's when I left the console scene and went exclusively to PC (although I was still playing PC games during my console phase).

Quickstrike
5th November 2011, 07:52 PM
You need to install games on consoles now?!?

You don't need to, no. There's no reason not to install them though.

Tetsuwan Convoy
9th November 2011, 01:48 PM
Some you have to, like WFC for example.... 25 mins... Wow.

Most of the time, I like the install as it cuts down load times greatly, especially in Street fighter, MK, etc.

Zippo
9th November 2011, 03:52 PM
Looking forward to this now that I have a console again

kaiden
9th November 2011, 04:37 PM
well the main point is to actually reduce the wear on the laser. but yeah consoles are becoming more like plug and play pcs.

as for a ps3/360 emulator i doubt it'll ever be viable soon enough to care. I just had a look at the ps2 emulators and they're still being worked on...

at the moment, i have seen news of target reducing their 120gb ps3 to clear for $200 (which promptly have sold out) and so I wouldn't be surprised at a similar price this coming xmas sale.

in my opinion its getting very affordable to purchase a ps3 (screw 360) these days. i paid $135 for jetwing prime and much more $$$ for the FP insecticons and the TFC Hercules figures...

Gutsman Heavy
9th November 2011, 04:53 PM
in my opinion its getting very affordable to purchase a ps3 (screw 360)

Lol, who cares, they are basically the same thing.

Quickstrike
9th November 2011, 09:32 PM
Some you have to, like WFC for example.... 25 mins... Wow.

I dunno about the PS3, but installing games on the 360 is a totally optional thing. Some Xbox360s don't have hard drives!

Tetsuwan Convoy
10th November 2011, 01:05 AM
I dunno about the PS3, but installing games on the 360 is a totally optional thing. Some Xbox360s don't have hard drives!

A lot of games have optional installs, but for Ps3 owners there wasn't for WFC or DOTM. DOTM's wasn't half as bad a wait as WFC's that's for sure. All PS3s come with harddrives and I think that is the reason why.

Hursticon
17th November 2011, 06:43 AM
Courtesy of Seibertron.com (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-fall-from-cybertron-trailer-to-debut-on-spike-tv-video-game-awards/23219/), Activision (http://www.activision.com/atvihub/location.do) has just announced that the first Full Reveal Trailer for the upcoming Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (http://www.gameinformer.com/p/transformers.aspx) game by the awesome team at High Moon Studios (http://www.highmoonstudios.com/), will be debuting at the Spike-TV Video Gaming Awards show on the 10th of December 2011 (The 11th for we here in Aus ;)). :eek:

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/1321471236_33.jpg

griffin
2nd December 2011, 01:38 AM
The Teaser for the full trailer has been posted up (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-fall-of-cybertron-cinematic-teaser/23308/) (if it hasn't already been mentioned in this topic).
Looking forward to the full trailer in a nine days time.

theheretic
5th December 2011, 08:54 AM
I can't wait for FOC! Why are they teasing me like this?! On the plus side I've been playing WFC team deathmatch a lot lately. Nothing beats a shooter where you can transform.

Hursticon
19th January 2012, 09:54 PM
Some new pics (17/01/12) have just been posted over at IGN.com (http://au.media.xbox360.ign.com/media/092/092426/imgs_1.html), I've mirrored some lower-res versions here:

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/transformers-fall-of-cybertron-20120117103022767.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/th_transformers-fall-of-cybertron-20120117103015778.jpg (http://s1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/?action=view&current=transformers-fall-of-cybertron-20120117103015778.jpg) http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/th_transformers-fall-of-cybertron-20120117103020453.jpg (http://s1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/?action=view&current=transformers-fall-of-cybertron-20120117103020453.jpg) http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/th_transformers-fall-of-cybertron-20120117103025853.jpg (http://s1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/?action=view&current=transformers-fall-of-cybertron-20120117103025853.jpg) http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/th_transformers-fall-of-cybertron-20120117103028542.jpg (http://s1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/?action=view&current=transformers-fall-of-cybertron-20120117103028542.jpg) http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/th_transformers-fall-of-cybertron-20120117103034391.jpg (http://s1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/?action=view&current=transformers-fall-of-cybertron-20120117103034391.jpg)

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/transformers-fall-of-cybertron-20120117103031575.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/th_transformers-fall-of-cybertron-20120117103037218.jpg (http://s1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/?action=view&current=transformers-fall-of-cybertron-20120117103037218.jpg) http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/th_transformers-fall-of-cybertron-20120117103041123.jpg (http://s1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/?action=view&current=transformers-fall-of-cybertron-20120117103041123.jpg) http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/th_transformers-fall-of-cybertron-20120117103044131.jpg (http://s1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/?action=view&current=transformers-fall-of-cybertron-20120117103044131.jpg) http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/th_transformers-fall-of-cybertron-20120117103051077.jpg (http://s1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/?action=view&current=transformers-fall-of-cybertron-20120117103051077.jpg) http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/th_transformers-fall-of-cybertron-20120117103054338.jpg (http://s1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/?action=view&current=transformers-fall-of-cybertron-20120117103054338.jpg)

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/transformers-fall-of-cybertron-20120117103047530.jpg

Doubledealer
19th January 2012, 10:10 PM
Oh man, I can tell that seeker mission is going to be all kinds of awesome just by looking at that one screenshot! :cool: Thanks for the update Hursti, do we know when it's due out yet perchance?

Hursticon
19th January 2012, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the update Hursti, do we know when it's due out yet perchance?

No probs man; no firm date has been announced yet, rest assured I'll make it known when it's announced though. ;):cool:
(I SO want this game already too :p)

Doubledealer
19th January 2012, 10:21 PM
Cheers mate, hopefully not too long to go now. Might get my act together and finally finish Bioshock 2 in the meantime. :p

Doubledealer
18th February 2012, 03:29 AM
First look at FoC gameplay (http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/146?ch=1) and some verrrrry tasty spoilers (hint: Prime's level is going to blow minds). So pumped for this. :D

Tetsuwan Convoy
18th February 2012, 04:45 AM
Howdy Doody! THAT is a promising prospect!:D

Excitement Levels +3

AJ_Prime
18th February 2012, 10:50 AM
OOOoooohhhh YEAH baby, looking forward to this game!

orionpax1
18th February 2012, 01:44 PM
Yeah Primes level is going to be rockin and also one word "Metroplex", booya:D

Hursticon
21st February 2012, 02:35 AM
Thanks to TFW2005 (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/video-games-17/15-things-you-need-to-know-about-fall-of-cybetron-174442/) for bringing this to light; GamesRadar.com has just posted an article (http://www.gamesradar.com/things-you-need-know-about-transformers-fall-cybertron/) on High Moon Studio's greatly anticipated game - Transformers: Fall of Cybertron.

Entitled: 15 Things You Need to Know About Fall of Cybertron!,
The article provides some summarised details about the game:

The plot begins immediately after War for Cybertron
It has one campaign with different characters
At least one Transformer has more than two forms
Every Transformer has a unique ability
Like Jazz's a grappling hook...
Or Optimus Prime's control of the massive Metroplex...
Or the Combaticons' ability to turn into Bruticus...
Grimlock is in the game
...and he can transform into a fire-breathing robotic T-Rex
You can buy and upgrade gear
Cybertron is no longer flat
Nolan North voices an archeologist
There's more ammo this time
There's no campaign co-op
Character creation is insane

Give the article a read to find out more about each point here (http://www.gamesradar.com/things-you-need-know-about-transformers-fall-cybertron/), but the most revelatory details are:

Megatron apparently has a new Jet Alt mode.
Vortex is a Triplechanger; having both a Helicopter and Jet Alt modes.
Metroplex seems to be an indirectly controlled character.
Gregg Berger will be voicing Grimlock.
Nolan North will be voicing Cliffjumper (Who's an archaeologist).
Environments will be far more varied than anticipated; including subtleties like hills.
No CO-OP Campaign.
Character creation will avoid "Generics" as best as possible.

Here are some new screenshots too:
(Pics mirrored courtesy of GameRadar.com (http://www.gamesradar.com/things-you-need-know-about-transformers-fall-cybertron/))

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/39b69b871dfb1f66993df344ce2a25360c6.jpg http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/3ad58855899ebfc224f1886f7effd5f7b9c.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/74d6fbb7e3665e984fa8306ae0a41b6196d.jpg http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/2c0a94cbee041d9d2769b76641c87498671.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/169a51a02d46835fa26527ec9975ac3d386.jpg http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/fcfb73df54b49716fc48b96d9c06eeb8d05.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/c1092b6e4cf6257d2508d081f02aae2ff08.jpg http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/e6a00e821daaa844f5324933cbd378be30e.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/e40116b799fae03dd410115c38e86c80664.jpg http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/11938900908c75fede81118f15bada3eac3.jpg

5FDP
21st February 2012, 08:28 AM
They so need to make a 'clone wars' type show for this game :cool:

theheretic
21st February 2012, 09:25 AM
I think I'm in love. They need to stop teasing me with all these amazing features! Can't wait any longer! WFC is almost all I've played for the last year and a half and this is just making it worse!

Bartrim
21st February 2012, 10:08 AM
They so need to make a 'clone wars' type show for this game :cool:

You sir need to be on the board of directors at hasbro

primatives
21st February 2012, 01:20 PM
now they just need to make this into a G1 reboot!!! That would be awesome!! A show based on this would be insane!!!