PDA

View Full Version : Prime Cartoon to be showing on some airlines

griffin
7th October 2011, 01:24 PM
According to Variety website (http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118043989), several of the major airlines are adding Hasbro Hub programs to their screening schedules... including Transformers Prime.
The good news for us is that QANTAS is one of those airlines. (but is likely to only be included in their international flights as part of their kids' channels).

Qantas - TF-Prime, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, Pound Puppies
Continental Airways - TF-Prime, G.I. Joe: Renegades, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, Pound Puppies
Emirates Airlines - TF-Prime, G.I. Joe: Renegades
South African Airways - TF-Prime
Singapore Airlines - TF-Prime, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
Thai Airways - TF-Prime, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
Etihad - TF-Prime, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

The article says it is effective immediately, so could be already on the October schedule, or will start on next month's schedule.

Hursticon
7th October 2011, 02:29 PM
So, what this is saying is that Qantas will get TF: Prime before Pay TV, which will get it before Free-To-Air TV? :confused:

One word: Bonkers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbqFGapihP0)! :rolleyes:

griffin
4th March 2012, 11:48 PM
Old topic, I know... but just confirming that QANTAS do indeed have the TFPrime cartoon on their in-flight entertainment systems.

In my flight from Sydney to Melbourne this morning, they had us on a plane that I don't think they normally use for short domestic flights, because it had the personal entertainment units... normally used on international or cross-country flights.

I wasn't initially going to use it on such a short flight (as I was planning to sleep), but figured I should see if it was working, and remembered about this news posting.

Sure enough, they had three episodes...
14 - Out of His Head
15 - Shadowzone
17 - Crisscross

Not sure why they are missing Ep16, but looks like they may have been playing 3 per month since the press release last year suggested it would begin from November.
(if 3 per month, they might have skipped 2 eps... maybe two of the darker ones)

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/blog/187.jpg

Hursticon
4th March 2012, 11:54 PM
That's still pretty cool, not that I'l ever be ever making use of it. :D
Did you watch all 3 episodes Griffin? :)

griffin
5th March 2012, 12:30 AM
Only the first one. Would have had time for a second, but was too tired to stay awake.
It was pretty cool though, on a TFs related trip... especially since that would effectively be an Australian premiere of those later episode in Australia (didn't Foxtel only play the first five last December?).

Next month to BotCon, there should be the next three episodes for me to "get into the mood" of BotCon... :p
(and just one day short of seeing another three on the way home)

Hursticon
5th March 2012, 12:44 AM
Only the first one. Would have had time for a second, but was too tired to stay awake.
It was pretty cool though, on a TFs related trip... especially since that would effectively be an Australian premiere of those later episode in Australia (didn't Foxtel only play the first five last December?).

Yeah I believe you're right, I don't think Foxtel/Austar is picking the show back up again until late March or something if I remember correctly. :o
If you were buggered man I can understand, 'Out of His Head' is a pretty good episode though; Having that particular Megatron floating around your noggin would not be my idea of fun. :p

Next month to BotCon, there should be the next three episodes for me to "get into the mood" of BotCon... :p
(and just one day short of seeing another three on the way home)

Hehe, I think that works out rather well actually as I can't think of a better way to get one's self jazzed up for Botcon on such a long flight like that; Especially considering all the various figure previews you're likely to see there for the line. :eek::D

fatbot
5th March 2012, 01:18 AM
Yeah I believe you're right, I don't think Foxtel/Austar is picking the show back up again until late March or something if I remember correctly. :o

incorrect my friend, they played all of season 1

Doubledealer
5th March 2012, 02:19 AM
Awesome. I don't mind paying a bit more to fly Qantas if the budget allows, this is just another reason to do so. :D

Hursticon
5th March 2012, 09:20 AM
incorrect my friend, they played all of season 1

I stand corrected then good sir, I must've mis-remembered those details as I could've sworn that I read they were waiting until early this year to air them. :o

UltraMarginal
6th March 2012, 01:08 PM
Awesome. I don't mind paying a bit more to fly Qantas if the budget allows, this is just another reason to do so. :D

Always compare, I find that even before including the difference in paying for a checked bag qantas can often be cheaper than jetstar or virgin.

As for this stuff being on inflight entertainment, that's so cool. if I was going to Botcon this year I'd be watcihng all 3 episodes each way.