PDA

View Full Version : Animated Transformers Sighted at Retail.

griffin
24th May 2008, 08:54 PM
Sighted by Paulbot in Melbourne, at a Toykingdom store, the entire first wave.

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=24065&postcount=49

Deluxes: Prime, Prowl, Bumblebee, and Lockdown $27.95 each
Voyagers: Bulkhead, Starscream, Cybertron Megatron $44.95 each
2 pack: Prime vs Megatron $44.95 each

Looks like stores are now receiving their stock for the June release of the toyline here, and most are likely to put it out on the shelves as soon as they get it.

Post your sightings in the Animated Sightings topic.
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=897

These are general release items, that will be everywhere by at least Mid June, so you can mention store locations if you want.

liegeprime
25th May 2008, 12:04 PM
Nice. Hope the stores here in NSW also do the same. At least I dont have to buy inflated prices on the net stores and/or Ebay. Patience is a virtue :D. Just hope they ( meaning Hasbro Aus) don't F#@$ us up with limited releases as with previous lines again. Imean there's not much characters in the series anyhow......

Paulbot
25th May 2008, 12:34 PM
Toy Kingdom had about 40 of the Prime vs Megatron two pack so that shouldn't be hard to find.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2376/2519354185_9e9128a37c.jpg

I also counted about 24 deluxes and about 18 voyagers in this store. If the stores like K-Mart, Target and Big W get stocks like this we should be laughing.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2393/2520175180_7086c65619.jpg

Pulse
25th May 2008, 01:10 PM
Paulbot, I just noticed that last pic of yours had 3 different lines of TFs for sale at the same time (Classics, Movie & Animated).

Another pointless reference by the King of pointless references - Your Main Man "Pulse" :D

autobreadticon
25th May 2008, 03:44 PM
it just feels like takara are gonna blow hasbro's release away...

Kyle
25th May 2008, 07:16 PM
But I thought Takara is not interested in releasing Animated in Japan at all? (From the BotCon reports)

Trailer Park Ninja
25th May 2008, 08:27 PM
Paulbot, I just noticed that last pic of yours had 3 different lines of TFs for sale at the same time (Classics, Movie & Animated).

Another pointless reference by the King of pointless references - Your Main Man "Pulse" :D

Any chance of a Classics Megatron Voyager in stock?

Paulbot
25th May 2008, 08:30 PM
They had Classics Voyager Megatron, it's in the photo above. About $46

Kyle
25th May 2008, 08:34 PM
I wish we have Toy Kingdoms (just like the one in your photos) in WA. :(

Thanatos
25th May 2008, 08:59 PM
Must resist... temptation. I want Lockdown if nothing else. ARGH!!!

Is there any Toy Kingdom euivalent n QLD.

Pulse
25th May 2008, 10:17 PM
Must resist... temptation. I want Lockdown if nothing else. ARGH!!!

Is there any Toy Kingdom equivalent n QLD.

Isn't Toy Kingdom equivalent to Toyworld (http://www.toyworld.com.au/) in QLD & Uncle Pete's stores in NSW?

Golden Phoenix
26th May 2008, 12:29 AM
Isn't Toy Kingdom equivalent to Toyworld (http://www.toyworld.com.au/) in QLD & Uncle Pete's stores in NSW?

nope. Toy World and Toy Kingdom both operate in Victoria

i_amtrunks
26th May 2008, 10:35 AM
And we have both Toyworld and Uncle Petes here in NSW, but I'm sure they are both owned by the same parent company.

Pulse
26th May 2008, 11:05 AM
And we have both Toyworld and Uncle Petes here in NSW, but I'm sure they are both owned by the same parent company.

I think you're right cos when I check Toyworld's store locations in NSW, they all seem to be rural while Uncle Pete's stores were mainly located in major cities (Uncle Pete's used to have a store location website but I think it no longer exists).

Tetsuwan Convoy
26th May 2008, 02:53 PM
But I thought Takara is not interested in releasing Animated in Japan at all? (From the BotCon reports)

Thats what I thought too, hence all the Henkei and Encore joy we are recieving.

Does the Megs Vs Prime 2 pack come with the DVD?

Paulbot
26th May 2008, 05:07 PM
It comes with a DVD that's marked as Region 2. I've yet to try it in my Region 4 player to see if it works.

iceburn
27th May 2008, 02:15 PM
Spotted all first wave too at a local toy store (way too expensive!!)

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/4051/dsc00278tn9.jpg
- Prowl, Lockdown, Prime and Bumblebee Deluxes $29.95
- Starscream, Bulkhead and Megatron Voyagers $49.95
- 2pack Prime and Megatron $49.95

They only have 1 carton of each lot...so its pretty limited
I had a good feel of them, read the descriptions and can't wait till i get my preordered MISB set :P

STL
27th May 2008, 02:48 PM
What store was that? Looks familiar...? Hrm..

dirge
27th May 2008, 05:56 PM
Toyworld & Uncle Petes' aren't the same company, they're both franchised. However they do source their stock from the same place - as does Fraser's Cycles.

The_Damned
27th May 2008, 07:46 PM
whole 1st wave at toyworld Batemans Bay - 1 BB though...

SilverDragon
28th May 2008, 05:51 PM
Sweet. I never planned to get the two-pack, especially since it's only one episode on the DVD, so the lack of it isn't exactly damaging my Animated shopping list.

Pulse
29th May 2008, 10:43 PM
I wonder if the Majors have boxes & boxes of TFA figures out the back of their stores, just waiting to be given the green light to make room on the shelves for them... :rolleyes:

Robzy
30th May 2008, 12:28 PM
Sweet. I never planned to get the two-pack
I'm undecided! Personally, I still prefer the 2-pack Deluxe Megatron over the Voyager any day!

I wonder if the Majors have boxes & boxes of TFA figures out the back of their stores, just waiting to be given the green light to make room on the shelves for them... :rolleyes:
You betcha! I canna' take it anymoor! :(

Thanatos
30th May 2008, 08:28 PM
Looks like i'll have to Buckle under the pressure. Oh my yes.

Bumblebee, Prowl, Lock Down and the 2 Pack are first on the list of prioties. Then Bulkhead and Starscream. Voyager Megs and Deluxe OPs is not considered!

SilverDragon
31st May 2008, 12:31 PM
Looks like i'll have to Buckle under the pressure. Oh my yes.

Bumblebee, Prowl, Lock Down and the 2 Pack are first on the list of prioties. Then Bulkhead and Starscream. Voyager Megs and Deluxe OPs is not considered!

For me, Starscream was first on the list. I don't really like Bumblebee, Cybertron Optimus, or Bulkhead toy-wise, Lockdown is sort-of-maybe being considered, I'm going to wait for Prowl to be released with his armour, and all the Megatron toys look like flying turds with VTOL fans, so they're not going in my collection.

llamatron
31st May 2008, 01:47 PM
Don't be so sure about the Prowl with armour release... I've heard conflicting reports. Some say he's going to be coming out with the armour as a bonus, other say the armour will be sold separately.

Tetsuwan Convoy
31st May 2008, 04:34 PM
For me, Starscream was first on the list. I don't really like Bumblebee, Cybertron Optimus, or Bulkhead toy-wise, Lockdown is sort-of-maybe being considered, I'm going to wait for Prowl to be released with his armour, and all the Megatron toys look like flying turds with VTOL fans, so they're not going in my collection.

Flying turds with VTOL LOL! :D

I too was iffy about bulkhead, and then I played with one. LOVE!!! Doesn't look that convincing, but everything just seems to work.

griffin
31st May 2008, 05:03 PM
I just can't see Hasbro releasing the armour on it's own, as they've never done accessory packs before, and would be difficult to market a one-off pack. If it were a set of armour packs for various figures, it might be different, but that sort of non-character toy concept would still be difficult to market, and we've only heard about the Prowl armour so far.
Then again, Hasbro were seriously considering a Sari doll, so anything is possible if that happens...

SilverDragon
2nd June 2008, 05:42 PM
I also cannot see Hasbro selling the sidecar armour separately. For one, the Prowl toy would need to be retooled a bit for the armour to fit.

Also, who would buy a sidecar that transformed into armour for a toy sold separately (Barbie accessories notwithstanding)?

Tiby
2nd June 2008, 06:14 PM
They did release accessory kits for Star Wars figures during Ep 1...

roller
2nd June 2008, 09:54 PM
we all know that Hasbro are going to release the figure by itself

then they are going to release it with a gun

then they are going to release it with a slight new bit of paint, a small white strip down the vehicle mode side

then they will release it with another figure in a 2 pack

then they will release it with the armour

then they will release it with the gun, the white trip, the armour and then just to finish things off

they recolour the mould

and then to really finish it off, the mould breaks!

Soundwarp
3rd June 2008, 08:04 AM
So far there are still none in Brisbane, Griff?

griffin
9th June 2008, 09:47 PM
Haven't seen any, but haven't been looking for the last week or two.