PDA

View Full Version : new user

VGMStudios
13th October 2011, 12:42 AM
hello all
Im new around these parts.
I am not from Australia though. I hope thats ok. ;)
Have been a TF fan all my life, but I forgot about it after G1 (I was very young) but the BW brought me back. The BW saga has been my favorite ever since, though TF Prime is up there right now. The writing for that show is almost as good as BW dare I say.. haha.
I have a rather large TF collection, but I also collect Japanese Robots. I am also a huge Metroid collector as well.

Nice to meet you all.

liegeprime
13th October 2011, 12:49 AM
Hello and Mabuhay!. Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy interacting with everyone here! Love looking at collections here so post your collection pic in the Grapple's Section, just make your own thread and you can keep updating it :D:D

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/liegeprime/Miscellaneous/Welcome001-1.jpg

Verno
13th October 2011, 06:48 AM
Welcome aboard VGM!

I'm with Liege, post up some collection pics if you've got a couple!

Decepticon
13th October 2011, 08:53 AM
Welcome! It's good to get some fresh overseas blood in this place!

Arcee
13th October 2011, 09:09 AM
Welcome! It's good to get some fresh overseas blood in this place!

Another BWs!!!! Now I'm getting worried. I'm yet to watch BWs for the 1st time; what if I fail to find it appealing, should I just kill myself? :p

Welcome and you'll love here!

Hursticon
13th October 2011, 02:25 PM
http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/6.gif

Greetings and Welcome to OZformers! :D

VGM, anyone who is a massive Beast Wars and/or TF: Prime fan is damn welcome here! :D:cool:
Like many others, I love perusing the collections of others so I too hope you'll consider posting some pics. :)

I've also a thing for big Japanese Robots/Mecha so am curious as to what lines/franchises interest yourself?
Also, who's your favourite characters from both Beast Wars and TF: Prime?

GoktimusPrime
13th October 2011, 09:48 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/wb_bw1.jpg

but the BW brought me back. The BW saga has been my favorite ever since,
And the BW cartoon was made in Canada too! (although in Vancouver, not Ottawa - but close enough ;)). So did you watch it as "Beasties"?

though TF Prime is up there right now. The writing for that show is almost as good as BW dare I say.. haha.
BW is substantially better than TF Prime IMO.

VGMStudios
13th October 2011, 11:38 PM
wow what a warm welcome. thank you guys.
I dont have group pictures of my collection as most of my collection, about 90% of it is boxed up due to space restraints. Until I get a bigger place they will remain in stasis lock. ;) But Ill search for some pics of what I have.

I'm yet to watch BWs for the 1st time; what if I fail to find it appealing, should I just kill myself?

Dont worry Arcee, if you dont like it then that alright. But I have a feeling you might. The writing is just awesome!

I've also a thing for big Japanese Robots/Mecha so am curious as to what lines/franchises interest yourself?
Also, who's your favourite characters from both Beast Wars and TF: Prime?

Oh my. This can be a long list. But Ill try to name off a few from memory.
Soul of Chogokin, Super Robot Chogokin, Gundam (many different lines), Super Sentai, Max Factory, Brave, GaoGaiGar, Yamato Garland, Medarot, Bandai, Revoltech, Transformers. Thats all I can think of right now. But I have many more.

Favorite characters in BW: Rhinox & Dinobot, in that order.
TF Prime: Starscream, Megatron. They are both deliciously evil! I love it.

So did you watch it as "Beasties"?
*Cringe* Please for the love of the All Spark, NEVER call it that. I absolutly hate that title. Its so pathetic that they had to change it for Canada because we couldnt handle the word "wars" in the title. So sad.

And I agree BW is still better, just that the writing of TFPrime is really good so far. Was slow at the start but its picking up. Its tons better then TF Animated. haha. ;)

Hursticon
14th October 2011, 12:54 AM
I dont have group pictures of my collection as most of my collection, about 90% of it is boxed up due to space restraints. Until I get a bigger place they will remain in stasis lock. ;) But Ill search for some pics of what I have.

Ah, that's fair enough but we'll be looking forward to whatever you're able to share. ;):)

Soul of Chogokin, Super Robot Chogokin, Gundam (many different lines), Super Sentai, Max Factory, Brave, GaoGaiGar, Yamato Garland, Medarot, Bandai, Revoltech, Transformers. Thats all I can think of right now. But I have many more.

Man, that is a mightily impressive list indeed and not exactly a cheap one either. :o:p
I've the Tekkaman Blade & Pegas from Soul of Chogokin, a couple of the original Megazords, have drooled incessantly over the Guyver Units (I, II and III) from Max Factory but have 6 Revoltechs comprised mainly of Getter Robos, GR-2 and Gurren with Lagann. :o
I've seen the GaoGaiGar combiner figure from Takara and have been very tempted by that figure, I've no clue what GaoGaiGar is about mind you. :p

Rhinox and Dinobot, a pair of very strong choices and Verno will be quite pleased with Rhinox. ;):cool:
My own favourites are TM2 Dinobot and TM Tarantulas, they're at the top but are followed up extremely close by pretty much the rest of the cast as I love that show so much. :p

Megatron and Starscream eh?, I definitely agree with Megatron as he is the best version for quite some time IMO, he just looks so freakin' powerful yet utterly frightening with that face and eyes of his but he sounds excellent too. :D
Though he has been rather silent both in sight and sound, I've really fallen in love with TF: Prime Soundwave too; it's such a logical and yet creative twist on the character but his lack of screen time is rather disappointing. :(
(Internet Personality: Vangelus' view of Soundwave is something I subscribe to greatly also :p:D)

*Cringe* Please for the love of the All Spark, NEVER call it that. I absolutly hate that title. Its so pathetic that they had to change it for Canada because we couldnt handle the word "wars" in the title. So sad.

I remember, way back in the day, downloading some Real Media files of a couple of episodes of Beast Wars, when the intro started and the title was spoken I was completely baffled by what I was presented with... Beasties? :confused:
I thought I had been duped into downloading a dodgy file... Nope, the quality certainly was dodgy but the title was legit; I felt sorry for you guys as it's usually the UK or us down south that tend to have bewildering classification laws. :p:D

And I agree BW is still better, just that the writing of TFPrime is really good so far. Was slow at the start but its picking up. Its tons better then TF Animated. haha. ;)

Sir, I agree with you firmly and tip my hat to you. ;):p
(TF: Animated's 3rd season isn't too bad, visually the show is just horrible though IMO)

Iacon's Demise
14th October 2011, 08:18 AM
It was seeing the references in BW of the original G1 series that made BW even more awesome. Welcome !!

5FDP
14th October 2011, 10:24 PM
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/6158/drunkprime.jpg

liegeprime
15th October 2011, 06:36 AM

oooh, any Voltes V, Daimos or Great Mazinger figures? More curious to see now your Great robots collection. Those two are my faves (grew up with those shows and in that era :p) yet still don't have until now:o:o as TFs and DCUC dominate my collection.

VGMStudios
27th October 2011, 12:46 AM
oooh, any Voltes V, Daimos or Great Mazinger figures? More curious to see now your Great robots collection. Those two are my faves (grew up with those shows and in that era :p) yet still don't have until now:o:o as TFs and DCUC dominate my collection.

I beleive I have a Great Mazinger figure. I think I also have his Hell/black version. Menacing figure that one is!
Its this one Im talking about.
http://www.toy-wave.com/images/big/1_BlackMazNormala.jpg

I dont have the other ones....yet! :D

Hursticon
27th October 2011, 01:47 AM
I beleive I have a Great Mazinger figure. I think I also have his Hell/black version. Menacing figure that one is!
Its this one Im talking about.

*snip*

I dont have the other ones....yet! :D

Holy Crap that looks awesome! :eek::eek::eek:

liegeprime
27th October 2011, 03:25 AM
Oooh haven't seen that one VGM.. it does look menacing, sinister really... to think it's a "heroic" robot heheh :D:D how much of it is die cast?

VGMStudios
27th October 2011, 11:41 PM
Well here is a review from collectionDX:
mazinkaiser_black_wing (http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/2003/mazinkaiser_black_wing)
Unfortunatly his wings are fragile so you really got to be careful with them.

There are a few versions of it as well.

Top row: Mazinkaiser Japan Black Wing, Mazinkaiser New Red Wing and Mazinkaiser New Black Wing
Bottom row: Mazinkaiser Overseas version, Mazinkaiser Japan version and Mazinkaiser normal version
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2782/4333989609_7ea00b1f9c_o.jpg

It looks like they fixed the wing problem with the newer version, but also want to mention that if you get the Overseas version he will be blue.
http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab295/u177225/SG-03BWEX-10.jpg

GoktimusPrime
28th October 2011, 09:48 AM
Are you a fan of Panda-Z? Best Mazinger parody ever. :)

VGMStudios
29th October 2011, 12:22 AM
Are you a fan of Panda-Z? Best Mazinger parody ever. :)

Have never heard of it till now. Ill look it up. How you not like pandas! ;)

GoktimusPrime
29th October 2011, 07:30 PM
You should also check out Martian Successor Nadesico (aka Mobile Battleship Nadesico). It's a serious scifi anime but also carries a Mazinger-Z parody throughout it - especially with their parody within a parody series "Gekiganger 3" :D

Panda-Z trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giyD9-clIDA)
Nadesico Opening (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZjOjPvvAxQ)
Gekiganger 3 opening (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHQMoeWL3pU) <--remember that this is part of Nadesico; it's drawn and animated in cliché 70s style anime on purpose as satire! :D

King Atlas
29th October 2011, 09:50 PM
Welcome mate. I am also into other robots. You mentioned Gaogaigar and Mazinkaiser, whom I like but don't have any figures of :o
Also SOC and Max Factory (minus the pervy figmas :))

VGMStudios
1st November 2011, 02:27 AM
Welcome mate. I am also into other robots. You mentioned Gaogaigar and Mazinkaiser, whom I like but don't have any figures of :o
Also SOC and Max Factory (minus the pervy figmas :))

Thanks mate!
They are awesome! Will you be getting some sort of figure of them? I know they can be expeinsive. This hobby isnt for faint of heart.
pervy figmas... haha.. you are so right about that! ;)

VGMStudios
2nd December 2011, 03:23 AM
Sorry for the dumb question but when will the For Sale section be opened up to new members? I tried to search the rules, but couldnt find it. Do you have to reach a certian status or post count?

thanks.

liegeprime
2nd December 2011, 11:20 AM
yeah, you have to be, shall we say a member of good status , quite reasonably active in the forum for some time, then Griffin would most likely activate your pass to the sales thread sections. It was a safeguard installed coz a lot of spammers and the like were bombarding the system I think, plus it makes certain that the new members wont be a flash in the pan type of fella ( although there is still that risk from long standing peeps :p) and will do a runner, yah know what I mean? So yeah keep being active and it also helps to advertise some of your wants in your sig, some people get contacted by other members here that way if they wanna sell you what you were after and they have it, and that is if you don't have access yet to the sales threads.

crankcase76
7th December 2011, 07:34 PM
welcome dude, have a blast(er) on this site. haha.

griffin
8th December 2011, 01:19 AM
Sorry for the dumb question but when will the For Sale section be opened up to new members? I tried to search the rules, but couldnt find it. Do you have to reach a certian status or post count?

thanks.

Distant Members (outside of our region of the world) should be able to view the sales section (if they wanted to buy something from here), but not start sale topics (preventing them from selling items here), as it is too difficult to police and protect members here from long distant scammers. If I ever needed to chase after someone legally for scamming this board, it is easier if they are in our jurisdiction.
Distant members should be able to post their Ebay auction links in the Ebay section though, if they are wanting more exposure to their sales, because at least fans here would be protected by Ebay & Paypal. (and I would expect members joining here are to interact as fans, more than intending to just join here to sell stuff)

If you can't see the topics in the sales section, or be able to post replies to topics in there, let me know.

We already allow fans to join from other parts of the world who already have fan-communities in their own countries - I just don't want to see this place being swamped by foreign toy dealers, without adding anything to the interaction of this place like real fans do.

Sam
8th December 2011, 08:37 PM
Welcome to the forum. :)

Slag
9th December 2011, 07:06 PM
Welcome. Love to see some pics of your collection. ( I've lost many an hour to young Samus right back to the old NES days:))

lcz128
26th January 2012, 06:03 PM
Hey vgmstudios!!!
Welcome to the boards!
Good to see you here too! Been a while since I've been on the mdb boards but it's funny to catch you here too (:

Raptormesh
27th January 2012, 10:40 PM
Hello from a long time lurker. :)