PDA

View Full Version : TF Animated Ep23 - A Fistful of Energon

Pulse
25th May 2008, 10:50 AM
I don't know what it is, but I'm really beginning to enjoy this Screamer plot :). This thing with Screamer cloning himself (leading to the foundations of the other Seekers) in ultimately becoming a realistic threat to both the 'bots & the 'cons seems to be the beginnings of a great angle :D.

Is it just me or did Lockdown seem to be less evil this time compared to his Season 1 appearance?

Prowl's upgrades in bot mode were pretty cool but his new side car attachment? Motorbikes with sidecars have never been cool & this was no exception. Hopefully we won't see Prowl's sidecar in the series again.

What was the purpose of the Dinobots appearing in this episode? It didn't add anything to the story. :confused:

You gotta luv the Wildwest references, especially Lockdown's first appearance in Clint's battered poncho (Is that what you call it?)

http://www.consumerismcommentary.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/gbu-good.jpg Clint would be proud! :)

IMO Just a great episode!

I'd give it a 9 & a half out of 10 :D

SilverDragon
25th May 2008, 12:09 PM
I'd have to agree with you. This episode was quite good (but then Animated episodes don't generally suck anyway).

Starscream's army of clones is both a good way to explain why the Seekers all look identical in-show and a good excuse to repaint his toy 2000 times.

I think Lockdown was 'less evil' because he had a different target. In his first eisode, he was after Optimus, so naturally he was opposed to the Autobots. And did anyone else notice that his rubsign was Autobot-shaped?

Prowl's upgrades=cool.

Yay for Dinobots. Though I wish they'd added more to the story rather than give Prowl an ego boost.

RANDOM POINTLESS PONCHO FTW.

"Frankly, I find Bumblebee's fake static more convincing."

MV75
25th May 2008, 12:38 PM
What was the purpose of the Dinobots appearing in this episode? It didn't add anything to the story. :confused:

You're kidding right?

The whole thing with them is what set the entire episode up. There would otherwise be no real reason for prowl to have ratchets stasis generator.

I'd like to know what starscream used to create the other bots and how he was able to apparently use his allspark shard to bring them to life.
________
Vaporizer shop (http://vaporshop.com)

Tober
25th May 2008, 12:54 PM
That was certainly much better than the last two eps :D

I guess the appearance of the dinobots at the start was to set Prowl up with the upgrade plot with the magnet and birds nest, and simple product placement for Hasbro.

I was expecting the two clones to become Skywarp and Thundercracker... given that they had fragments ...

I completely missed the poncho reference :( So were Prowl, Starscream and Lockdown suppposed to be the good, the bad and the ugyl? :confused:

"You call this a fight!? I'll rust before someone wins... and I'm in a vacuum!"

Pulse
25th May 2008, 12:55 PM
You're kidding right?

The whole thing with them is what set the entire episode up. There would otherwise be no real reason for prowl to have ratchets stasis generator.

Couldn't they have thought of a more interesting reason for Grimlock to appear in the episode other than having a large spike wedged in his foot?

Sure I luv the Dinos but I'm positive there are better ways they could write them into the episodes other than getting things stuck between their feet... :rolleyes:

Tober
25th May 2008, 12:58 PM
OH, and +2 points for the absence of Bumblebee and Sari and the reason why. :D

MV75
25th May 2008, 01:39 PM
Couldn't they have thought of a more interesting reason for Grimlock to appear in the episode other than having a large spike wedged in his foot?

Sure I luv the Dinos but I'm positive there are better ways they could write them into the episodes other than getting things stuck between their feet... :rolleyes:

Yes, there were reports of rampaging dinobots........ That is why prowl and bulkhead were there and why prowl had the stasis field generator. They wern't just sent there because grimlock stepped on something, they didn't know what was going on.

The reason why they were rampaging was because of the thorn in the lions paw so to speak.
________
Vapir One (http://www.vaporshop.com/one-vaporizer.html)

kup
25th May 2008, 03:28 PM
An Excellent episode. I really enjoyed it and not a humey or annoying Bumblebee in sight!

I am still annoyed that the awesome Dinobots have been degraded into dumb promitive savages so that was the low point of the episode. Animated Dinobots are far, far worse than G1 cartoon Dinobots.

It is now clear to me that Lockdown is actually based on Death's Head of the G1 Marvel comics although Death's Head was not Cybertronian. The look, colors and of course Bounty Hunter and reliance on tools and gadgets and upgrades.

I also really enjoyed the Bludgeon tribute they gave Prowl in his upgrades, that was Awesome! G1 Tributes like that do work for me.

Again, I now think higher of the series as there is a huge contrast between Season 2 and the appalling, worse than Armada Season 1.

iceburn
25th May 2008, 03:44 PM
great episode!! i would think that the two other clones would be skywarp and dirge based on their colours but well....

who gonna start buying multiple starscream now to be clones...*kekkeke*

Gutsman Heavy
25th May 2008, 04:40 PM
Poncho FTW, seriously best thing ever.

Robzy
25th May 2008, 10:46 PM
Yet another great Animated episode! :)

i_amtrunks
26th May 2008, 10:45 AM
I'd like to know what starscream used to create the other bots and how he was able to apparently use his allspark shard to bring them to life.

That was my big Q from the episode too.
Hasbro is setting themselves up big time for Starscream repaints!

Loved Prowl getting all bad ass and everything, and the robot mode upgrades were very spiffy. The two best lines of the episode have already been stated, the writers must be having a blast with these scripts, but Bumblebee and Sari on afact findign mission to the Amusement park was sheer Platinum.

Lockdown was less evil this time around, but I think it was because he had a clear goal: Starscream, so the Autobots were not a worry. What is a worry was how no-one really noticed the different colour schemes that the "Starscreams" were wearing. :p

Pulse
26th May 2008, 11:17 AM
What is a worry was how no-one really noticed the different colour schemes that the "Starscreams" were wearing. :p

I think they covered the full spectrum of Seeker repaints :), but what's weird is how in Screamer's last scene (the one with all the clones lined up) all the clones were painted in Screamer's original TFA colours. :confused:

I'm actually looking forward to the storyline that introduces the seekers as actual characters.

What?

Pulse actually looking forward to Animated Episodes? What is this world coming to? :D

kup
26th May 2008, 11:37 AM
Pulse actually looking forward to Animated Episodes? What is this world coming to? :D

I am too :)

They have gotten their act together for this second Season and I am enjoying it even if I have no wish to collect the toy line.

It seems that they have learned that Sari is actually annoying because they have seriously limited her exposure even though she is currently living with the Autobots. The same goes with their reliance on Human villains since the Decepticons have now taken the lead role as the regular bad guys as they should have from the very start.

i_amtrunks
26th May 2008, 12:38 PM
I beleive Sari was used so much in the first season as a buffer to introduce the characters in a better, more drawn out manner.

The Human villains were used to allow time for the Decepticons to be introduced slowly, make the Autobots into heroes (make them look like they were unbeatable) so that when the Decepticon threat finally arrives the audience can see for themselves how much of a threat the Decepticons are and how little the Autobots can do to stop them.

That was my take at least.

MV75
26th May 2008, 01:43 PM
Yes exactly, the human element needs to be in it, they are on earth afterall, and not all humans are nice.

As I posted somewhere else on the internets, maybe some guys here also would prefer it if it was transformers dbz. :p

They're on a planet with native life, but that life lives somewhere else, and there are just endless expanses of ocean/islands/valleys to have just the robots fighting in. :D

Optimus-goku - "KAME HAME HAMA HAME - TRANSFORM AND ROLL OUT".
________
Extreme Vaporizers (http://vaporizers.net/extreme-vaporizer)

Robzy
26th May 2008, 01:58 PM
Hasbro is setting themselves up big time for Starscream repaints!

BIG time!

It seems that they have learned that Sari is actually annoying because they have seriously limited her exposure even though she is currently living with the Autobots.
True! Sari wouldn't be so annoying if she looked like this...
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk199/sunglikeahorse/Sari.jpg

:D

kup
26th May 2008, 02:20 PM
I don't mind humans in general such as G1 Spike but I do mind annoying humans such as the Armadaverse kids and Sari.

The first Season was trashy and there is a million ways in which it could have been done better. That is my opinion as I see it as among the worse that Transformers has offered.

You can still see the same sort of sillyness in the second season but it no longer takes center stage and does no last for half the episode or revolve arount it so I am fine with it.

i_amtrunks
26th May 2008, 02:29 PM
As I posted somewhere else on the internets, maybe some guys here also would prefer it if it was transformers dbz. :p

They're on a planet with native life, but that life lives somewhere else, and there are just endless expanses of ocean/islands/valleys to have just the robots fighting in. :D

Not me, I loved the King Piccolo and Saiyan Sagas where cities were levelled. DB/DBZ needed more of that! (and dont forget the Namekians were wiped out to a man!)

liegeprime
26th May 2008, 03:56 PM
Um guys, just a point which seemed to have been ignored with the continuity..... With the appearances of the decepticon attacks... WHY wasnt UM, Jazz and Sentinel not around? ISn't it a fact they were already introduced in the last few episodes before as being here on Earth and staying for the duration coz the earth bound guys said the decepticons are a real threat there ( and not a figment of their imagination as was being implied sometime by Sentinel) and they should not leave but protect it? With all this attacks here and there, why didnt they report it to UM that way theyd have stick around and aided them in the fights. I must have missed some episodes or something as they (UM and co) seem to have vanished from the earth?:confused::confused::confused:

MV75
26th May 2008, 04:10 PM
They went back to cybertron because they were needed elsewhere that had more pressing problems than earth at the time. (s02e03 mission accomplished). Remember ironhides transmission at the start?

The prime gang were mearly allowed to stay back on earth because they found out that there were indeed some decepticons about (starscream proved they didn't lie). And were to gather the allspark fragments.
________
Bong Reviews (http://glassbongs.org/)

kurdt_the_goat
26th May 2008, 04:23 PM
Is this the first time since then, that they've confirmed with their own eyes that Megatron "still functions?" If so, then you'd think the Elite Guard would be told and heading back to Earth pretty soon.

i_amtrunks
26th May 2008, 04:23 PM
They went back to cybertron because they were needed elsewhere that had more pressing problems than earth at the time. (s02e03 mission accomplished). Remember ironhides transmission at the start?

The prime gang were mearly allowed to stay back on earth because they found out that there were indeed some decepticons about (starscream proved they didn't lie). And were to gather the allspark fragments.

Magnus believed that Starscream was the main threat on Earth, so once he was captured, Prime's team would be fine on their own. Primes team was left to gather the Allspark while Magnus and co returned to battle the uprising Decepticons.

Why Magnus and co dont return to Earth to recapture Starscream is beyond me. Surely he is more dangerous than a bunch of Decepticon nobodies.

kup
26th May 2008, 04:30 PM
Magnus believed that Starscream was the main threat on Earth, so once he was captured, Prime's team would be fine on their own. Primes team was left to gather the Allspark while Magnus and co returned to battle the uprising Decepticons.

Why Magnus and co dont return to Earth to recapture Starscream is beyond me. Surely he is more dangerous than a bunch of Decepticon nobodies.

Their ship was damaged by Starscream so it makes sense for them to go to Cybertron for repairs and then come back to Earth.

Robzy
26th May 2008, 07:12 PM
Their ship was damaged by Starscream so it makes sense for them to go to Cybertron for repairs and then come back to Earth.

...hopefully with re-enforcements! :)

Pulse
26th May 2008, 07:29 PM

What if they were to ditch their damaged ship at Cybertron & take an Animated Version of this ship back to Earth...

http://www.unicron.us/tf1987/cartoon/fortressmaximus3.jpg :D

Bartrim
26th May 2008, 09:34 PM
...hopefully with re-enforcements! :)

Like Ironhide perhaps Robzy?:D

BTW Love the avatar and quote. I think Dr Venkman was some of Bill Murrays finest work.

i_amtrunks
27th May 2008, 10:35 AM
What if they were to ditch their damaged ship at Cybertron & take an Animated Version of this ship back to Earth...

http://www.unicron.us/tf1987/cartoon/fortressmaximus3.jpg :D

I think many a fanboy and fangirl would have to change their underwear.

Robzy
27th May 2008, 11:27 AM
Like Ironhide perhaps Robzy?:D

That's what I was thinkin'! ;)

BTW Love the avatar and quote. I think Dr Venkman was some of Bill Murrays finest work.
Cheers! Ghostbusters = Best! Movie! Eva! :D (Oh, and TF:TM is pretty damn sweet also!)

SilverDragon
28th May 2008, 05:27 PM

I think we call that Armada.

MV75
28th May 2008, 10:33 PM
Actually, wasn't that beast wars? :p
________
VAPORIZER STORE (http://www.vaporshop.com/)

SilverDragon
31st May 2008, 12:23 PM
Actually, wasn't that beast wars? :p

Beast Wars didn't have them screaming their attack names. :P

Paulbot
7th June 2008, 05:14 PM
That art of Bumblebee and Sari a few posts back is great.

Prowl's upgrades are cool but I didn't like Lockdown as much this time as last.

STL
26th June 2008, 10:44 PM
I
"Frankly, I find Bumblebee's fake static more convincing."

Great line.

OH, and +2 points for the absence of Bumblebee and Sari and the reason why. :D
What he said.

What?

What is this world coming to when Pulse starts speaking to himself in the 3rd person? :p

I liked it a lot too. For all the aforementioned reasons. I liked the idea of the upgrade and how it does things to a bot's mind. Nice piece of writing there. We've never really had that kind of thing but if u think about it, it makes a lot of sense.

Pulse
26th June 2008, 11:33 PM
What is this world coming to when Pulse starts speaking to himself in the 3rd person? :p

I'm just trying to bring a little more insanity into this boring TF world... :D

Don't you know that it's much more fun to tip a bit of paint thinner into the kettle rather than to pour yourself a cuppa... :confused::p