PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Transformers Box Sets at JB

Golden Phoenix
25th May 2008, 11:01 AM
hey guys. I was in JB-Hi Fi on Bourke St in Melbourne yesterday. They are doing stock take this Tuesday and are trying to sell stoke. One of the deals is 50% off most Madman Anime DVDs, including G1.
I don't know if it is only limited to Bourke St or other stores, but they had collections 2 to 6. Collections 3-6 were already about $25, and collection 2 was normal, but the 50% off comes off the sticker price, so you could get 3-6 for $13.5 a piece
I couldn't see any Beast Wars stock, they might have some.

Robzy
25th May 2008, 11:13 AM
That's a great find! I'll have to check out my local tomorrow!

Tropisetron
25th May 2008, 10:58 PM
Yea... they are clearing stock.

I called one of the store and asked for Headmasters and Masterforce. They didn't have it but the guy told me he could order some in and give it to me at 50% the price. So that was good. Will receive a call from them soon...hopefully.

Golden Phoenix
26th May 2008, 12:23 AM
Yea... they are clearing stock.

I called one of the store and asked for Headmasters and Masterforce. They didn't have it but the guy told me he could order some in and give it to me at 50% the price. So that was good. Will receive a call from them soon...hopefully.

Well, the in-store sign said it excluded 2 groups for anime DVDs, one was any anime movie made by the same studio that did "Spirited Away". The other was new releases, including Masterforce.
Although I suppose that would mean that the Head Masters would be in for the 50% off deal

Fungal Infection
26th May 2008, 12:38 AM
The Madman sale applies to all stores in NSW so I'd assume that it applies to other stores south of the border. The only exceptions to the sale should be Studio Ghibli titles and anything released in April and May (so that means Victory is excluded from discount). Headmasters and Masterforce should be on sale (I got them earlier this week).

iceburn
26th May 2008, 07:16 AM
when does this sale ends? tempting!!

sifun
26th May 2008, 09:28 AM
I got victory for 25 bucks?

Robzy
26th May 2008, 01:48 PM
Great sale! I picked up a G1 boxset for $12.50. They were going to charge me $25... but I said "Hey - isn't it 50% off?" So the girl gave it to me even cheaper! :D

Golden Phoenix
26th May 2008, 04:52 PM
when does this sale ends? tempting!!

Today. They are closed tomorrow for stock take. So it ends when they close tonight.

FFN
26th May 2008, 06:16 PM
Awww...... shit.

A JB I went to today didn't have Headmasters or Masterforce in stock..... OR SO THEY CLAIMED.

I've never been to a JB that didn't have the Generation 1 boxset in stock, so, like every other retailer with clearance sales, they just hid those items in the stockroom.

Bastard retailers.

roller
26th May 2008, 06:18 PM
send em a grenade in the mail!

dirge
26th May 2008, 07:39 PM
Picked up Voltron today for $18 per box:

http://www.paxeiro.com/newstuff/260508.jpg

At this price, I was only too happy to clean Galeries Victoria out of Voltron :eek:

Fungal Infection
26th May 2008, 08:03 PM
I got victory for 25 bucks?

So did I but I think a memo came out which later excluded Victory as well as all April/May releases. I got my Victory set last Wednesday and went back to the same store the next day to score some other latest release titles only to see they had put up a list which excluded all April/May releases from the sale and Victory was among one of the titles that had been added.

i_amtrunks
27th May 2008, 10:39 AM
Yeah I checked out JB last night on my way home (thankfully they stay open to 6) and they didnt have the G1 boxset (which I know they had multiples of 10 days ago.

Really wanted the complete G1 set for only $60 or so :(

The anime section was more or less filled with "non sale" items though, very disappointing.

FFN
28th May 2008, 02:59 AM
I told you they hid them. The big ticket items suddenly dissapeared because they would take a greater loss on them.

STL
28th May 2008, 03:13 PM
The %$#s! I finally found the 1986 movie in a store but the sale was over. Seeing. Red. :mad:

roller
28th May 2008, 03:56 PM
next time boys, hide a few copies of the dvd you want in other sections

then when the sale is on go get them out again

Tropisetron
28th May 2008, 04:22 PM
Yea... i popped by in JB today... and guess what.. All the transformers DVD boxset suddenly appeared when last friday it was empty...

There were like at least 10 Victory in stock...

Robzy
28th May 2008, 04:55 PM
next time boys, hide a few copies of the dvd you want in other sections then when the sale is on go get them out again
The secret's out!! :eek::eek:

Yeah, that sux!

Pulse
28th May 2008, 08:35 PM
Yea... i popped by in JB today... and guess what.. All the transformers DVD boxset suddenly appeared when last friday it was empty...

It's a conspiracy, I tell Ya!

They know we've got money to burn on TFs so they wanna get the most amount of our money off us as is possible... :rolleyes:

autobreadticon
28th May 2008, 10:53 PM
They should have beast wars neo episodes on sale :(

Gutsman Heavy
28th May 2008, 11:35 PM
They should have beast wars neo episodes on sale :(

its got to be on DVD before it can be on sale dude.