PDA

View Full Version : Win Win Win with Spacepet!

UltraMagnus
18th October 2011, 04:51 PM
Thanks for everyone who has added us, and now we have an EXTRA reason to have more fans. As part of the pre-Spacepet launching, we are going to give away original Dan Khanna’s artwork. The art featured on Spacepet boxes has been done by Dan with lots of love and care. So we’d love to give you all the chance to have a piece of this historic Spacepet history.

Simply visit us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/spacepet Everyone who is on our Facebook page goes into the draw to win. To give you a better chance, get your wives, husbands, brothers, sisters, friends to like us on Facebook. If they win – maybe they will donate the gift to you :) The more you share, the more chance you have at winning!

There is also stacks of prizes for being part of Spacepet including:
• Takara Encore sets
• Takara Chronicles set (Optimus Prime and Megatron)
• Takara Transformers United packs
• Hasbro Transformers Prime figures
• Transformers Generations figures and many many more!

1orion2many
18th October 2011, 06:13 PM
:confused:Don't you need your own Facebook page to be able to do this:confused: I don't and wont have a facebook page as I have no interest in the place:(

kaiden
18th October 2011, 06:17 PM
wow! i'm speechless.

Deonasis
18th October 2011, 06:27 PM
Aww c'mon.. what if I join twitter and follow you there instead? Or join the Spacepet site?

I really want to stay 100% away from Facebook.
I *may* try Google+ but I am still undecided about that one.

Zippo
18th October 2011, 06:31 PM
I hate the trend of everything being on facebook and it being the only way to win, get news or other information. Some of us can't stand facebook and never want to sign up.

So, any other way to win?
Otherwise, I look forward to seeing whats next.

griffin
18th October 2011, 07:18 PM
Yeah, I'm still resisting the Facebook trend... and only signed up to Twitter to help out fans with AUS news & sightings (but only have about 10 aussies signed up... so was probably pointless). Actually, if our Twitter account had taken off, I'd have been more inclined to set up our Facebook page by now.
Maybe by the end of the year.

kaiden
18th October 2011, 07:33 PM
The first prize is 5x Transformers United figures including Jazz, Tracks, Wreck-gar, Blurr and Kup.

bowspearer
18th October 2011, 08:13 PM
I'll pass. It's a pity, but after following @excitin on Twitter and the trainwreck that their beta application process and responses have been, I'm incredibly hesistant to spend any money on this project.

At first I was publicly told with everyone else to follow them on twitter for the beta. I followed this up with UM asking for my details to resister me which never happened. Contacted HD when I had radio silence from UM, who told me that the first round of Beta testers had already been selected and the next round would be decided from the remainder of people. A few days later, I stumbled upon a twitter mention saying from a few weeks prior telling me an invite for the second round of beta testing would be sent out shortly.

I contacted HD for info in the 3rd party thread a few weeks back- radio silence.

Honestly, if this is how these guys run a small scale Beta Test and it's any indication of things to come, then I can only imagine how badly the real deal is going to be poorly run. It's a pity too because I was initially very interested in this project.

k.wong23
18th October 2011, 08:16 PM
Liked and await exciting announcements :)

Hereticpoo
18th October 2011, 08:50 PM
What the hell is spacepet? Why would anyone join a promotional competition when there is no information on your products? Are you a Nigerian lottery?
I went to the fb page and your asking people to join a beta. What will they be testing? What information are you collecting? Where is your privacy policy?

Hursticon
18th October 2011, 08:52 PM
I don't use Facebook either so unfortunately I wont be able to participate :(, though Facebook is a wise way of getting your name out there and I wish the guys all the best with this competition. ;):)

If you're on Facebook, or know someone who is, I definitely advise you to subscribe to their page as there are some really great prizes to be won but also your support will be greatly appreciated; once you see what is in the Pipeline with Spacepet, you're really going to want to jump onboard. :D:cool:

@Bowspearer: It's rather unfair to say that the Beta Test, or the application to participate in said test, was a train-wreck as it has been very much the opposite.

It's unfortunate that some were late to put their hand up to be apart of the Beta Test and that only a certain number of testers had been required, but as many of those who were lucky enough to be accepted will attest to; the test has been very effective at ironing out a lot of the bugs with the site, offering a taste-test of things to come in the process, as well as quite a few suggestions being taken up with regards to modifications being made to make it more functional.

I hope you'll reconsider your position dude; consider that not everything can be perfect right off the bat and that there has obviously been quite a bit of learning and experience gained from what has occurred. ;):)

griffin
18th October 2011, 09:00 PM
What the hell is spacepet? Why would anyone join a promotional competition when there is no information on your products? Are you a Nigerian lottery?
I went to the fb page and your asking people to join a beta. What will they be testing? What information are you collecting? Where is your privacy policy?

Spacepet is a fans-project type concept (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=11129), that aims to produce (officially if possible), fan-based toy ideas (and not just with Transformers either). Their site is here (http://www.spacepet.com/).

Arcee
18th October 2011, 09:08 PM
Hmmm...why am I denied access to the first link there Griffin Prime? Is it something super confidential to anyone of a non-Prime level or is it just me? :rolleyes::p:D

griffin
18th October 2011, 09:17 PM
Ooops... got the link wrong. Sorry. Fixed now. (and I deleted the quoted bit from your post, so that it doesn't confuse others).

bowspearer
18th October 2011, 10:09 PM
@Bowspearer: It's rather unfair to say that the Beta Test, or the application to participate in said test, was a train-wreck as it has been very much the opposite.

On the contrary. If it had've been a casy of missing out on a Beta Test due to numbers, then it would have been one thing, but my experience of them has been nothing short of incompetant.

By August 12th I was signed up on Twitter with whatever you were menat to tweet. I think it was "join #spacepet" from memory, but could be wrong. I know it was by then, because I made a post in the thread for it then saying I had just signed up (which I remember doing within a few days of doing so).

A couple of days later I got a follow request from @excitin, which I accepted and reciprocated.

On the 21st, I asked the following:

If @excitin is following you on twitter, are you a part of the Beta?

To which UM gave me the following response:

Hi Bowspearer, can you pm your email address and we will sign you up?

Thanks

He was sent a PM on the 22nd with my Yahoo email address. Radio silence.

As the rules of this forum expressly forbid the posting of PMs, I'll merely mention the content. 3 days later on the 25th, I PMed HD asking what was happening in the wake of this as I had not received a NDA, explaining what UM had just said.

I got back a PM on the 4th September saying that Beta testers had lready been selected, after UM telling me publicly to send him my email address publicly so he could sign me up. He then said they would decide the remainder for round 2 of beta testing.

To further add to the confusion I got a tweet from @Spacepet on the 28th August saying "beta invitations for beta#2 will be sent in mid Sept. We have almost finished round #1 and will email shortly".

I found it by accident a couple of weeks ago and asked for clarification in the thread for it. That was 2 weeks ago and no response.

This whole experience has just reaked of one hand not seeming to know what the other is doing, with UM saying one thing one minute, and HD saying another the next.

Like I said, if this is any indication of how things are run on a small scale, then I genuinely believe it'll be similar to dealing with Digital River when these guys get up and running. Anyone who's ever had to deal with Digital River in terms of customer service will know what I'm getting at.

Hursticon
18th October 2011, 10:21 PM
*snip*

Fair enough. :)

If only the competition was open to a means outside of Facebook, I'd really like to win some TF: Prime figures and that new Soundblaster that's coming out. :D

UltraMagnus
18th October 2011, 10:41 PM
The first prize is 5x Transformers United figures including Jazz, Tracks, Wreck-gar, Blurr and Kup.

Its the first prize we are giving out. Jazz, Tracks, Wreck-gar, Blurr and Kup will be given away this week.
Next week its a new set of items. Every week until launch we are giving away items.

You have to be in it to win it.

UltraMagnus
18th October 2011, 10:52 PM
This whole experience has just reaked of one hand not seeming to know what the other is doing, with UM saying one thing one minute, and HD saying another the next.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. For clarification for people who arent on specific areas of the boards, the invite was located there. We had a massive response for sign ups (thanks to all).

Due to technology changes based on feedback to the beta, we restricted access to beta to only the people in the first round. The second round of testers recieved their email. At the time there was some information leaks so we decided to close all access to the beta testing.
We have had to delay launch, given we are discussions with some companies who have asked us to keep things confidential until we can publicly release it (hence no more invitations).

Finally - HD and I are very much in sync, but its not just us in Spacepet. There is alot more people on board.

We really hope when we go live you can join in the fun and adventure we are planning for Spacepet.

UltraMagnus
18th October 2011, 10:54 PM
Fair enough. :)

If only the competition was open to a means outside of Facebook, I'd really like to win some TF: Prime figures and that new Soundblaster that's coming out. :D

There will be some even bigger prizes coming up which will be avaliable via the spacepet website. We will communicate that closer to launch date!

Hursticon
18th October 2011, 10:57 PM
There will be some even bigger prizes coming up which will be avaliable via the spacepet website. We will communicate that closer to launch date!

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/cheetorthumb.png

heroic_decepticon
19th October 2011, 01:00 AM
*snip*

Finally - HD and I are very much in sync, but its not just us in Spacepet. There is alot more people on board.

Ditto. We do speak to each other almost every other day and meet up almost weekly.

We really hope when we go live you can join in the fun and adventure we are planning for Spacepet.

Yes, we do hope you can join in the fun when we go live, bowspherer! :D

The_Damned
19th October 2011, 04:50 AM
i liked it :)

KillinSpoon
19th October 2011, 09:40 AM
I don't really see the big deal with making a facebook account. Are you guys all too indie to do it?

Just make the bloody account, like the page and enter the competitions.
It helps out the spacepet page by giving it more likes and it gives you the chance to win...

You never have to sign into it again, so where is the problem?

Actually on second thought, don't make an account. It gives us all a greater probability of winning the prizes which are being given away for the click of a button...

EDIT:
Also bowspearer, it's unfortunate that you weren't let in. However, neither were plenty of other people as the later beta rounds never actually came to be. If I were able to (which I'm not) I would tell you about the somewhat amazing things that have occured and what is coming up for Spacepet but as UM said, information leakage is the reason why nobody else was let into the beta.
Just wait and then make up your mind, don't get all anti-spacepet before it has even begun.

theheretic
19th October 2011, 10:42 AM
Okay I liked it... Can I has prizes now? LOL

reillyd
19th October 2011, 10:56 AM
I think this sentiment will echo with most who have a Facebook account and enter the competition - I am glad that others resist the urge to join the Facebook revolution, because it increases my chances of winning, lol.

As part of the beta process, we sign a non disclosure agreement. So I can t tell you how unbelievably cool their plans are, or what they are. But I really, really, really, want to. You should really sign up and follow their future announcements, and not be put off by your experiences with other third party fan projects,

reillyd
19th October 2011, 10:59 AM
Oh, and re bow speakers comments about digital river (who sell toys for Matteo's Marty collector.co ) couldn't agree more. They ARE incompetent,
But they are NOT space pet, thankfully!

1orion2many
19th October 2011, 01:46 PM
I don't really see the big deal with making a facebook account. Are you guys all too indie to do it?

Just make the bloody account, like the page and enter the competitions.
It helps out the spacepet page by giving it more likes and it gives you the chance to win...

You never have to sign into it again, so where is the problem?

Actually on second thought, don't make an account. It gives us all a greater probability of winning the prizes which are being given away for the click of a button...

EDIT:
Also bowspearer, it's unfortunate that you weren't let in. However, neither were plenty of other people as the later beta rounds never actually came to be. If I were able to (which I'm not) I would tell you about the somewhat amazing things that have occured and what is coming up for Spacepet but as UM said, information leakage is the reason why nobody else was let into the beta.
Just wait and then make up your mind, don't get all anti-spacepet before it has even begun.

Say whatever you want however you want to say it, I'm still not going to get a facebook account as i have no interest in having one. All the people I know who have had different things hacked into have been traced back to facebook, I know this is only a generalisation and a lot of people have accounts with absolutely no problem and yes I don't know that many people either. I know at one stage it was being called an identity thiefs dream, take from that what you will.

KillinSpoon
19th October 2011, 02:13 PM
Say whatever you want however you want to say it, I'm still not going to get a facebook account as i have no interest in having one. All the people I know who have had different things hacked into have been traced back to facebook, I know this is only a generalisation and a lot of people have accounts with absolutely no problem and yes I don't know that many people either. I know at one stage it was being called an identity thiefs dream, take from that what you will.

Obviously I'm not going to respond to this all as it will probably end up in an argument but yeah, you can think what you want. Having no interest in one is fine, but calling facebook the sole reason why your friends got hacked isn't as that's just plain ignorant. No doubt they clicked on links that they shouldn't have and just blaimed it on the easiest site that they could (at some point I was getting told that people were getting viruses from youtube... yeah, whatever). It isn't Mark Zuckerberg's fault at all as the security behind facebook is far far far greater than any other regular website.(apart from bank sites/cc companies...)
Use more than one password and browse smarter. (http://xkcd.com/936/)

All I'm saying is that it is extremely fast to create a fake account that doesn't even have your name on it. This giveaway is to increase the popularity of the Spacepet page and as a reward you get put into the draw to win prizes. It's to support your friends.
Just because a columnist in the herald sun called it an identity thief's dream doesn't mean that it is. :/ (in fact my friends and I tried that last week and the account got caught and frozen BEFORE we could even do anything, it's that good!)
At some stage you'll probably make one, as the world is going that way.
Spirit of progress and all that! :)

5FDP
19th October 2011, 02:23 PM
+ 1 for boo Facebook

Good luck with this Spacepet thing guys :) It all sounds very interesting.

Bartrim
19th October 2011, 02:29 PM
+ 1 for boo Facebook

+1 as it increases my odds of winning:D

Hursticon
19th October 2011, 02:40 PM
Heh - Bit the bullet and blew the dust and cobb-webs off of my account: Subscribed, Liked and Shared on my Wall... My account can now go back to it's eternal slumber. :cool:
(You made a compelling argument KillingSpoon ;):p)

1orion2many
19th October 2011, 03:39 PM
Obviously I'm not going to respond to this all as it will probably end up in an argument but yeah, you can think what you want. Having no interest in one is fine, but calling facebook the sole reason why your friends got hacked isn't as that's just plain ignorant. No doubt they clicked on links that they shouldn't have and just blaimed it on the easiest site that they could (at some point I was getting told that people were getting viruses from youtube... yeah, whatever). It isn't Mark Zuckerberg's fault at all as the security behind facebook is far far far greater than any other regular website.(apart from bank sites/cc companies...)
Use more than one password and browse smarter. (http://xkcd.com/936/)

All I'm saying is that it is extremely fast to create a fake account that doesn't even have your name on it. This giveaway is to increase the popularity of the Spacepet page and as a reward you get put into the draw to win prizes. It's to support your friends.
Just because a columnist in the herald sun called it an identity thief's dream doesn't mean that it is. :/ (in fact my friends and I tried that last week and the account got caught and frozen BEFORE we could even do anything, it's that good!)
At some stage you'll probably make one, as the world is going that way.
Spirit of progress and all that! :)

Argument requires effort, I'm too old and too lazy;):D

valkyrie_76
19th October 2011, 08:27 PM
Argument requires effort, I'm too old and too lazy;):D

Oh we know that :D

Hereticpoo
19th October 2011, 08:33 PM
There's still no info about what spacepet is launching, rating, selling, testing, producing, organizing or promoting. There's no company information, no missions, goals or objectives. The website says u are looking for collectors. That's it. I'm still going to like it on fb. I get to promote a company / entity that has no idea what it is and I get to go in a prize draw for advertising a product that doesn't exist. Thanks fella's! :)

reillyd
19th October 2011, 09:32 PM
There's still no info about what spacepet is launching, rating, selling, testing, producing, organizing or promoting. There's no company information, no missions, goals or objectives. The website says u are looking for collectors. That's it. I'm still going to like it on fb. I get to promote a company / entity that has no idea what it is and I get to go in a prize draw for advertising a product that doesn't exist. Thanks fella's! :)

I think that's the reason for signing up, as they can post new info, promos, pictures, etc, through social networking.

"liking" products and companies seems to be the 'in' thing for advertising these days. You can always unlike later, after you've won something or the competition is over :)

KillinSpoon
19th October 2011, 10:34 PM

Are you curious as to what it is about though?
If yes, that's how this advertising is working. People all over the world know that the beta is happening, but that have no idea what it is about and are speculating.

k.wong23
19th October 2011, 10:56 PM
Speculation is the key to marketing!

theheretic
20th October 2011, 07:17 AM
Isn't there info on this forum of what spacepet is doing? I seem to recall pictures and a bunch of questions that we answered a few months back. Has the direction change?

kup
20th October 2011, 08:34 AM
I have a Facebook account which I created years ago. Only fairly recently did I begin to use it but I still visit it like once or twice a week on average. I still don't understand the huge appeal of it.

k.wong23
20th October 2011, 09:20 AM
This group differs to the one mentioned in the first post - good idea to request to join?

http://www.facebook.com/groups/spacepet/

LordCyrusOmega
20th October 2011, 09:22 AM
Just liked it on FB but I can't seem to register. Oh well, try, try again

theheretic
20th October 2011, 11:19 AM
Multiple pages = fail

UltraMagnus
20th October 2011, 03:02 PM
Multiple pages = fail

Only 1 fan page - Group is a group which is invite only.

UltraMagnus
21st October 2011, 10:03 PM
We are giving away encore ratchet/ironhide today for simply liking the post and letting us know what Classics figure you'd love to see...
You have until 3am AUST time (midnight HK) to enter!

check it out http://www.facebook.com/spacepet

Hursticon
21st October 2011, 10:49 PM
We are giving away encore ratchet/ironhide today for simply liking the post and letting us know what Classics figure you'd love to see...

Liked, commented and shared. :D