PDA

View Full Version : Diecast TFs USB sticks

griffin
2nd November 2011, 03:02 PM
These look really nice (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-diecast-usb-drives-bottle-openers/23120/).

USB sticks with Autobot or Decepticon logos, done in diecast.
Plus a couple of swords, that are likely to have the universal sized posts on them to fit in the fists of most (recent) Transformers toys.

The packaging has Asian writing on it, so these are probably a HK release, but are available through the US Amazon site.

Not sure why the Logo USB sticks need to have the added gimmick of being bottle openers, as I'm sure liquids and computer equipment are two things you don't want to mix (like if you opened a frothy drink and it sprays over the USB stick).

jazzcomp
2nd November 2011, 03:19 PM
they look nice but yeah - don't agree with mixing electronics and drinks.

GoktimusPrime
2nd November 2011, 03:38 PM
The packaging has Asian writing on it, so these are probably a HK release,
Taiwan.

(look closely at the second pic) :)

griffin
3rd November 2011, 12:54 AM
I see it says "Made in Taiwan", which it doesn't say "made for Taiwan". They could be, but if we go by the country of manufacture as being an indicator of where it is being sold, we must be living in China.... (with most things in our stores being made there)

liegeprime
3rd November 2011, 01:12 AM
what an odd combination of usage - bottle opener and USB stick, hmmmm interesting

i_amtrunks
3rd November 2011, 08:16 AM
what an odd combination of usage - bottle opener and USB stick, hmmmm interesting

Cannot tell you how many times Ive been out at a picnic or outdoor gathering and had my USB bottle opener handy! :p

Strange combination but at least they can now claim it is mulit-function...