PDA

View Full Version : TFSource (USA) Feedback

theheretic
10th November 2011, 07:50 AM
Hey guys,

I just want to share an experience I've had recently with TFSource.com. Usually I am inclined to find the cheapest deal I can online when looking for TF's but in my excitement I decided that fastest delivery time was more important for my first Takara MasterPiece. Which led me to order MP-10 from TFSource as their delivery time (at the time of pre-order) was a week earlier than anywhere else I could find. Sure enough the delivery was late (about the same time as other companies had quoted) but I was just happy to get my Transformer. I opened him up and played around posing his robot mode for about a week before I decided to transform him. BUT to my horror as I moved his pieces around and gently eased his wheel cover over to his leg it snapped! NOOOOOO! Was my immediate reaction. I had no idea what to do and in close inspection I realised it would be impossible to glue it as the hinges that snapped are so small that if I glued them I'd either glue in the pin or if I removed the pin and put it in afterwards it would surely resnap the hinge. I was leaving for holidays the next day so I thought I'd email TFSource and tell them how pissed off I was. And to my astonishment they said they will be happy to send replacement parts for...... FREE! So a few emails back and forth with their repair tech to isolate the exact piece I need and it's shipped out on it's way here. However the nice tech guy decided that rather having me take the leg apart completely that it would be better if he sent a whole new leg! So the moral of this story? Although I've found TFSource to be a little more pricey than some other retailers, their customer service is amazing and I think I'll be ordering all my larger purchases through them (MP's mostly) as their willingness to help and send replacement parts is just great.

Oh and I didn't get payment for typing this ad up for them. Unless you consider Primes leg a payment. LOL

loophole
10th November 2011, 06:12 PM
thats great to hear Heretic

Sam
10th November 2011, 10:13 PM
A good outcome to an unfortunate incident. Thank you for sharing. :)

bowspearer
10th November 2011, 11:18 PM
Wow, goods to know since I was looking at getting some stuff from them.

Hursticon
11th November 2011, 08:51 PM
Yep, I would have to agree with the positive sentiments about TFSource's customer service, I've bought from them on a couple of occasions and all my inquiries about item conditions, payments, shipping dates etc. have always been met with swift and polite responses. ;):)

If only they were geographically closer to us, I'd buy from them more often than RobotKingdom. :o

Slag
13th November 2011, 12:04 PM
Last year, I bought myself the Dark Retribution Dinobots through TFSource.
When (at Christmas) I opened it up, I found my swoop had two left arms. After a few emails, they sent me a whole new figure :)
Very impressed with them

CBratron
28th March 2013, 08:01 PM
Normally they're good but they've recently managed to sell their entire stock of MP Soundwave so when MP Rumble/Ravage came in stock and I asked for them to shipmy stack, they couldn't do it.
Now I'm waiting for MP Soundwave to restock.

I understand it was a warehouse/logistics accident. Makes perfect sense it's an accident but it still doesn't make the whole thing feel any better.

edit:GAAAHH! It gets worse! http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=2ad9b8b84e2a8399a9024f110&id=350dbc373b&e=a781523059
I had this preordered since NOVEMBER!
Can I change my vote to No?

crankcase76
28th March 2013, 09:25 PM
i use TFsource for most of my online acquisitions and have always found that they are very helpful and their deliveries are quite fast, have had no problems with them other than being at little more expensive. but worth every penny i would say. glad they could help out with your MP-10. :D ( and voted in poll )

griffin
29th March 2013, 01:21 AM
I think if a store (online or not... they are registered businesses) takes your pre-order and money, they should honour the "contract" by any means (like, buying one from another store and shipping it to you at a loss if necessary), if it was their fault that they couldn't provide that item. And even if they have a disclaimer or fine-print somewhere that claims that they are not responsible for all circumstances, if they want loyal customers and word-of-mouth in their favour, they should take the small hit, and obtain the items promised from other sources... even ebay if necessary.
If they are bound to lose a lot of money over their own mistakes, to make their business unsustainable, then they shouldn't be in business.

Sinnertwin
30th March 2013, 08:10 PM
Anybody have any issues after they cancelled a preorder?

CBratron
31st March 2013, 09:38 PM
I will let you know. I submitted a cancellation this morning but I won't expect a response until after the long weekend.

Sinnertwin
31st March 2013, 09:45 PM
Cheers :)

CBratron
2nd April 2013, 04:13 PM
A good result. I checked my email this afternoon and I can get a full refund (though part of me keeps thinking it's damage control).
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/156/tfsreply.jpg

Bidoofdude
2nd April 2013, 09:01 PM
A good result. I checked my email this afternoon and I can get a full refund (though part of me keeps thinking it's damage control).
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/156/tfsreply.jpg

Utorrent. You bad boy...:p;)
Still, good job with the email.:cool:;)

Megatran
26th February 2014, 09:48 PM
This is my third purchase with them. They package the items very carefully, using paper liners to prevent boxes from rubbing against each other.

My only minor gripe is that it takes significantly longer to reach me than say BBTS who are also is based in the US. My latest purchase has been sitting at the USPS Chicago Sort Facility for just over a week now, based on the USPS online tracker. I know that TFSource has no control over the postal service, but I wonder if they have considered other postal services. This is the second time (out of three) that it has taken longer than 2 weeks to reach me, & it's supposively still in the US. :rolleyes:

Micktimus
21st March 2014, 01:41 PM
Hi guys, first time posting on the forum. Just wondering if anyone has had trouble ordering from tfsource using PayPal? Tried to order 1 item that was instock and 1 preorder but it won't complete the transaction. I've contacted tfsource but haven't had a reply yet. Any thoughts???

Micktimus
21st March 2014, 01:43 PM
Also I've made 3 orders from them previously and have no complaints, I recommend them to any collector.

Megatran
24th April 2014, 10:20 AM
I recently received my order from these guys. They sent the wrong TF t-shirt. Looks very different to the photo on their online store website. So I sent them a customer enquiry early last week and haven't heard since. I know we had the Easter break, but it seems a response is slow coming, if at all. :confused:

The plus side is the parcel was well packaged. Cardboard used to separate individual boxes, along with bubble wrap and fillers to stop the items from moving around inside the parcel.

Megatran
25th April 2014, 10:50 PM
I recently received my order from these guys. They sent the wrong TF t-shirt. Looks very different to the photo on their online store website. So I sent them a customer enquiry early last week and haven't heard since. I know we had the Easter break, but it seems a response is slow coming, if at all. :confused:

Got a response from them today. They are sending out the correct t-shirt free of charge. And I get to keep the wrong t-shirt.

Megatran
10th July 2014, 02:47 PM
Anyone had to return an item back to these guys for an exchange or refund? How was the experience?

bowspearer
31st March 2017, 04:22 PM
Just had a lot of vintage Armada figures arrive from them (Cyclonus, Hot Shot, Red Alert and Smokescreen) and I'm honestly less than thrilled; perhaps its my own fault for dealing with them again after deciding I wouldn't a while back.

The figures were all advertised as complete and with minimal paint wear and from what I could see they were. I say "from what I could see" because the figures absolutely stank of cigarette smoke and I have a dust allergy which has caused me to have a physiological reaction to cigarette smoke. As a result I had to act fast and quickly put them in a box covered in paper towels which were soaked in Glenn 20 to try and get the second hand smoke out of them.

Yes people have a right to smoke if they so choose to, however at the same time, I have a right to know whether something I am buying has been in a smoker's home and surely, when TF Source buys something from a smoker and it arrives to them clearly smelling of cigarette smoke, they have a responsibility to state that in the item description.

It's simply not good enough.

Omega Metro
31st March 2017, 05:46 PM
I bought something for the second time in 3 years as it was the only place in the world that had it. It arrived last week but it's the wrong item. Currently they are trying source me another. Will see how that goes since it's sold out.:(:confused::mad:

griffin
28th February 2019, 08:32 PM
I don't think too many people here use TFSource, but it looks like they have really bad cyber security, as a number of people have been reporting (https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/tfsource-security.1166097/) that their credit cards have been used after shopping at TFSource (particularly with new cards that haven't been used anywhere else yet).... and the comments suggest that this has been a problem they have had a few times. If you have to use them, it is best to use paypal.

G1Optimal
1st March 2019, 07:26 AM
I agree with griffin , i use them sometimes and use paypal and never had a problem.