PDA

View Full Version : Optimus Prime (v.2)

Sam
12th November 2011, 10:02 PM
Was my nephew's birthday, wanted to draw him something.

A bit rushed towards the end as I was running late ... but I think it turned out alright.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/316/9/9/optimus_prime___version_2_by_wildspark-d4fwozd.jpg

http://wildspark.deviantart.com/#/d4fwozd

Gonna try and colour this thing...

Hursticon
12th November 2011, 11:01 PM
Rushed where? - It's a beautiful pic Sam, I hope your nephew enjoyed it! ;):cool:

liegeprime
12th November 2011, 11:35 PM
Great pic Sam, although.... at first glance the head looks more like Soundwave ;) than Prime

GoktimusPrime
13th November 2011, 10:00 AM
I was thinking the head looks like lio convoy's ;p

kup
13th November 2011, 11:43 AM
Sam, that looks awesome!

It has a very strong (but more refined) Sunbow feel.

I know you sell yourself a bit short but you are every bit as talented (perhaps more) than some professional TF Comic book artists.

Sam
13th November 2011, 10:25 PM
Rushed where? - It's a beautiful pic Sam, I hope your nephew enjoyed it! ;):cool:

Thanks Hursticon. :) The left forearm looks somewhat bent, and the Autobot insignias are a bit hazy (that was the rushed bit). My nephew identified it as a "robot" - pretty good for a three year old!

Great pic Sam, although.... at first glance the head looks more like Soundwave ;) than Prime

I was thinking the head looks like lio convoy's ;p

Yeah, the head isn't all that accurate and doesn't make it "obviously" Optimus Prime straight away. I reckon I'll get the hang of it the third time 'round. :)

Sam, that looks awesome!

It has a very strong (but more refined) Sunbow feel.

I know you sell yourself a bit short but you are every bit as talented (perhaps more) than some professional TF Comic book artists.

Thanks kup, I feel that I have improved on my previous attempt, and my lines are more refined. Being able to draw lines without any errors first time still escapes me, but I'm happier with this one than my first version.

I also did a basic colour of it - however it looks reall patchy.

Anyone with any tips on how to colour properly (I use GIMP), please share with me, I'm all ears. Thanks!

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/317/f/a/optimus_prime___version_2_coloured_by_wildspark-d4g104o.jpg

liegeprime
13th November 2011, 11:55 PM
At least you can use gimp, I can't at all hehehe, which is why I just color the old fashion way :p:p color pencils heheheh

KillinSpoon
14th November 2011, 08:38 AM
If you want it to clean up well you'll need to redo the linework (ie, trace it with a pen tool).
From there colour/shade using the layers beneath the linework.

Sam
14th November 2011, 08:55 PM
If you want it to clean up well you'll need to redo the linework (ie, trace it with a pen tool).
From there colour/shade using the layers beneath the linework.

Thanks for the tip, appreciate it!

kup
14th November 2011, 09:38 PM
Gimp should be enough to get you going with some decent coloring. Try watching the Youtube videos on how to use it. For a free application, it is fairly versatile if used properly.

Arcee
14th November 2011, 11:39 PM
Damn this looks even better than my MP-01!! :mad::p:D