PDA

View Full Version : Toy Review - Prime Deluxe Arcee

griffin
12th November 2011, 10:29 PM
(Please post photos, comments or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just brief details)

Toy Review - Arcee
Series - Transformers Prime
Sub-line - none
Size/class - Deluxe
Wave - 0 (First Edition)
New/remould/redeco - New
Released here - Maybe not here at all (Released globally Nov/Dec 2011)
Approximate Retail Price - ($24-30?) US$12
Approximate Size - (14cm)
Allegiance - Autobot
Alt-mode - Motorcycle
Main Features/Gimmicks - none
Main Colours - Blue, black, silver
Main Accessories - 2x arm-blades

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/tftoys/prime03.jpg

Paulbot
2nd December 2011, 09:36 PM
This is a wonderful Transformer. Buy it then burn your memories of Energon, Movie or ROTF line bikes called Arcee, this one beats them all. It's great to pose in robot mode and even though I've seen little of the series, her personality comes through. Great head sculpt. The weapons look good left attached to her legs too.

I also like that she can leave her legs together and 'stand' on one wheel (with support in what I think of as the 'Jetstorm pose') somewhat similar to Movie Arcee. Has she done that in the cartoon?

jaydisc
12th December 2011, 09:34 PM
No, I've not seen her do that in the cartoon.

I agree that this is yet another awesome toy from this line. HasTak really has motorcycles down pat now. I wish the panels on her shoulders could spike more higher to be more show-like, but there's something in the rotator blocking them from doing so. The articulation is excellent and the character really shines through.

GoktimusPrime
19th December 2011, 01:29 PM
My favourite of the First Edition TF Prime figures so far! A few issues I have include:
+ Weapons tend to fall off easily in bike mode
+ The blue breast panels don't seem to be able to securely lock into position in robot mode
...that's pretty much it. Otherwise it's a thoroughly decent and nice looking toy. :)

I just wish it had a gun (like in the show) and tech specs profile somewhere on the card back (there's certainly enough space for it) - but yeah, my favourite TF Prime figure so far. :)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/jaam_yum.gif

Tetsuwan Convoy
21st December 2011, 11:05 PM
I like this one as well. Fairly chunky looking bike mode and I do wish the her 'wings' would point up a bit more, as they do get in the way of her shoulder movement.

I would like to see a touch more pink hilighting, like in the show as she only seems to have some on her legs. Good articulation, some ankles would make this toy pretty damn close to perfect, but I do like her boots! So I guess no ankles obviously dont bother me that much.

GoktimusPrime
22nd December 2011, 08:21 AM
Knowing Hasbro adding in ankles and extra dollops of pink paint apps would have blown the budget -- the other alternative would be to sacrifice other parts of the toy (like maybe no paint apps on the blades or something). I'm not a huge stickler for show-likeness... so I'm not bothered by it.

Still really not happy about the lack of tech specs. :(

Stompy
23rd February 2012, 07:03 PM
Motorbikes and Helicopters are my fave transformers and while Helicopter-formers tend to be samey in engineering, the motorbikes have some of the most interesting engineering. While Arcee isn't as cleverly engineered as Animated Prowl, she's one good looking figure.

For a bit of fun I turned her into Hydro Dive Arcee...

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk269/StompBrother/Transformers/TFPrimeArcee-DeepDive.jpg

BigTransformerTrev
28th September 2013, 07:23 PM
I didn't mind this iteration of her too much. Though personally I think if they were going to do a blue motorcycle they should have just gone with Chromia and left Arcee to the side. There is no rule that says that the femmebot in any series HAS to be Arcee! Promote another femmebot to the fore I say! At least they tried to give her the odd shout out to the G1 character, though why do it with pink coloured sideburns is beyond me :confused:

That said, this is a very nice figure. A lot of bots that have their alt-mode as a motorcycle suffer from a poor or at least very weird looking robot mode, but she does not suffer from this at all. Good weapon too. Very well scaled in both modes she a good pick up at a reasonable price :)

GoktimusPrime
28th September 2013, 07:59 PM
At least they tried to give her the odd shout out to the G1 character, though why do it with pink coloured sideburns is beyond me :confused:
I think they wanted to deviate from making Arcee all pink which becomes too stereotypical for female characters, but at the same time give her pink highlights for that touch of femininity and as a subtle homage to her G1 namesake's original colour. I did like how Season 3 of the cartoon did have a slight jab at this, when Arcee saw Bumblebee's new "Shadow Strike" colours she complemented his new colour scheme and said, "If I reversed my colours I'd be pink." :p ;)