PDA

View Full Version : Animated toys K.O'd

MV75
26th May 2008, 06:17 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320255882310

Geez, c'mon. Not even at full retail release yet officially, and there's bootlegs already?

Hasbro need to change the factory they use. Or maybe they did and this is the result of paying them peanuts.
________
Honda c71, c76, c72, c77 dream specifications (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_C71,_C76,_C72,_C77_Dream)

roller
26th May 2008, 06:19 PM
hahahaha that was quick

iceburn
26th May 2008, 06:36 PM
someone report the seller quick!

kup
26th May 2008, 06:39 PM
I bet this was quick because the mold used for the KO was likely used for the real figures. When you offload the mass manufacturing of a product to a third party company these sort of thing is bound to happen.

I bet the KO was probably made in the same factory as the real figures too. What's stopping the contractor company from making 'extra' figures using the same molds at their own cost?

Robzy
26th May 2008, 06:47 PM
That sux :mad:

Pulse
26th May 2008, 07:16 PM
& the seller only wants $2.99 for it?

Now that's a bargain if I've ever seen one ;)

Tropisetron
26th May 2008, 07:40 PM
I was thinking..

Why don't someone create an account like "ANTi-KO" or some "DONTBIDKO" account and bid on these KO items as a protest..... like put in ridiculous amount for the item and nobody will overbid it... then the seller wouldn't get a cent from it.........Lol...

Just a thought...

roller
26th May 2008, 07:53 PM
thats sounds like a good idea, but could they or Ebay get you in trouble for false bidding?

MV75
26th May 2008, 09:44 PM
I bet this was quick because the mold used for the KO was likely used for the real figures. When you offload the mass manufacturing of a product to a third party company these sort of thing is bound to happen.

I bet the KO was probably made in the same factory as the real figures too. What's stopping the contractor company from making 'extra' figures using the same molds at their own cost?

Yep, that's the gist of my 2nd sentence. ;)

Also notice what looks like a classics style of flip thing on the package? Actually, the packaging looks like the classics one.

Ok, I just reported him to ebay, and have contacted hasbro.
________
LIST OF MERCEDES-BENZ ENGINES SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/List_of_Mercedes-Benz_engines)

griffin
27th May 2008, 01:10 AM
It's a KO of the Voyager sized Prime. Very disappointing. The delay of six months releasing the toys probably made this possible, as it usually takes that long for a KO to be generated from an actual toy. It would mean that this would have been from a stolen toy though, as the Voyager Prime still hasn't even been released officially yet.

griffin
27th May 2008, 01:13 AM
Also notice what looks like a classics style of flip thing on the package? Actually, the packaging looks like the classics one.

Yeah, they don't just replicate the toys. They KO the packaging sometimes as well. The Legends KOs I found last year at the Warehouse were packed in the small Titaniums style packaging (plastic shape and card graphics).

Tetsuwan Convoy
27th May 2008, 01:16 AM
2.99 opening bid and $30 postage!!!

Bloody incedible really. At least they have the decency to state that its a KO instead fo trying the old "re-issue" line.

Soundwarp
27th May 2008, 12:26 PM
I hope the KO factory burns down

kup
27th May 2008, 12:32 PM
I hope the KO factory burns down

But the factory is probably the same one that makes real TFs!