PDA

View Full Version : JP DA-28 Striker (Leader) Optimus pics

griffin
15th November 2011, 01:37 PM
To be released soon in Japan is another Leader class Optimus toy, this time with another accessory (the last being the Jetpack, which we got here).

This time it is a weapons & shield pack that can attach itself to the front and the back of the truck mode.

The photos here (http://higekumatoytoy.blog60.fc2.com/blog-entry-1332.html) show it next to the Jetpack version, and even shows the figure with both accessory packs (it doesn't come with the Jetpack accessory).

Now, is it worth buying a whole new Leader Class Optimus toy, just to have both accessory packs?

Hursticon
15th November 2011, 06:14 PM
It really sucks how they've gone about these accessories, both the jetpack with chainguns and this rifle with shield combo, but also the Japanese TRU Exclusive Twin Energon Sword give-away set they're offering - Why not just lob it all in one package and sell it like that? - It'd sell so bloody well IMO. :confused:

What sucks the most is that this version looks Hell-Awesome combined with all the aforementioned accessories... :(

theheretic
15th November 2011, 06:31 PM
Agh man! I would have loved those blades! Pity i'm only finding out about them now

kaiden
15th November 2011, 07:24 PM
Agh man! I would have loved those blades! Pity i'm only finding out about them now

the blades we're mentioned in the previous Striker Prime thread and weren't given their own thread - so people might have missed it.

It really sucks how they've gone about these accessories, both the jetpack with chainguns and this rifle with shield combo, but also the Japanese TRU Exclusive Twin Energon Sword give-away set they're offering - Why not just lob it all in one package and sell it like that? - It'd sell so bloody well IMO. :confused:

What sucks the most is that this version looks Hell-Awesome combined with all the aforementioned accessories... :(

because they would make less money. otherwise all they would have needed to do was release the shield+gun+swords as a separate accessory pack to compliment jetwing prime.

Hursticon
15th November 2011, 07:38 PM
because they would make less money. otherwise all they would have needed to do was release the shield+gun+swords as a separate accessory pack to compliment jetwing prime.

No, no; I mean what they should've done is make the only DOTM Leader Class release of Prime (ignoring the Ultimate Prime) contain the following:

Jetpack with Chainguns
Shield with Rifle
Twin Energon Swords

...All in the one pack and that is it, not 5 different bloody versions of the same figure ala '07 Movie approach or Bumblebee and all at circa $100 each. ;)
(Does that make more sense? :o)

IMO, one is more likely to sell more of the figure like that than the Boba Fett approach they're employing. :cool:

kaiden
15th November 2011, 08:12 PM
No, no; I mean what they should've done is make the only DOTM Leader Class release of Prime (ignoring the Ultimate Prime) contain the following:

Jetpack with Chainguns
Shield with Rifle
Twin Energon Swords

...All in the one pack and that is it, not 5 different bloody versions of the same figure ala '07 Movie approach or Bumblebee and all at circa $100 each. ;)
(Does that make more sense? :o)

IMO, one is more likely to sell more of the figure like that than the Boba Fett approach they're employing. :cool:

yeah i knew what you meant, an all-in-one pack, but the problem there would be that everyone who had previously bought jetwing prime would be seriously mad. unless of course they had done it prior to jetwing prime being released.

but yeah my point was that they make less money doing the all-in-one pack because japanese love to buy the same crap over and over again. they take a lot of pride in being able to waste all their money buying multiples and nothing else. (take a look at how many exclusive recolours they release for example - like black primes)

what i would have preferred over this striker prime plus sword promotion is that the guns+swords+shield were released on their own with no Optimus Prime so that people like me can simple buy it and add it to my existing jetwing prime.

Hursticon
15th November 2011, 11:18 PM
what i would have preferred over this striker prime plus sword promotion is that the guns+swords+shield were released on their own with no Optimus Prime so that people like me can simple buy it and add it to my existing jetwing prime.

Ah ok, wasn't sure if I was making sense or not :p;
This would be the preferred idyllic solution IMO, as westerners would be bursting down the gates - Even more-so if it were to also include the jetpack too! :cool:
(Dreams though eh? :o)

k.wong23
16th November 2011, 12:02 AM
Ok the paint job sucks, i'll pass on it now.

Tallestblue
16th November 2011, 01:19 AM
Boba Fett!? Where!?

SkyWarp91
16th November 2011, 02:26 AM
The shield and gun are cool, but the only thing that is stopping me from getting this is that he still has his mouthplate on, ala like Jetwing Prime in which I already own. If only it was like the Buster where there was the mouth only then I would have bought this right away.

Tallestblue
20th November 2011, 01:34 AM
I caved and preordered, with the exlusive swords. Thirty bucks a friggin' sword!! But, it looks so cool!!

theheretic
20th November 2011, 09:28 AM
Where can you get the swords still?

theheretic
20th November 2011, 09:33 AM
Nevermind I see BBTS has it up for preorder again

kaiden
20th November 2011, 11:40 AM
I caved and preordered, with the exlusive swords. Thirty bucks a friggin' sword!! But, it looks so cool!!

i caved too. ordered the striker prime from RK - can't wait to combine it with jetwing prime.

yay for expensive exclusives!