PDA

View Full Version : Perth Only: Bludgeon Blood upgrade kit - EOI

klystron
17th November 2011, 02:41 PM
Hey.
I'm think of putting together a group order for the Headrobots Blood the Dark Warrior upgrade kit for the ROTF BLUDGEON figure (this one: http://www.tfu.info/2010/Decepticon/Bludgeon/bludgeon.htm).

Attached is a picture of the upgrade kit. Google it for more info if you want.
(Or if you're no good at driving your Google machine, this review has some good pics: http://murakami-night.blogspot.com/2011/10/review-headrobots-blood-dark-warrior.html)

[Following prices are in USD]
ToyArena are selling the item for $18 ea.
Below is an approx breakdown of costs per item:

1 item: (1 x $18) + $29 p/h = $47ea
5 items: (5 x $18) + $40 p/h = $26ea
10 items: (10 x $18) + $48 p/h = $22.80

**EDIT: Works out cheaper ordering from RobotKingdom. See post#5 for details**

So due to economies of scale, I would want to have confirmed buyers for the other 9 items prior to ordering.
Prices and availability may change, so there are no promises or guarantees at this stage. If there are not enough takers, then I will not be putting in the order.

There is no particular reason why this has to be ordered from ToyArena. That was just the first website I found the item on, and its easy to check postage rates for your cart. BBTS also have this for $18, but require a login (forgot mine) in order to verify postage costs. If anyone finds a better deal/price on other site, of course we could use that.

I don't know if the interest for this upgrade kit exists, hence why this is an EOI thread at the moment. Just want to sniff out if this even a viable proposal.
Just for simplicity, this is only for Perth members. This will save on extra costs of additional postage, and items could be handed out at the Jan Nexus, or meetup.

If I have missed something (like this having already been done, or a cheaper seller in Aust, etc) please let me know.

Cheers guys.

1. Klystron
2. Lint
3. Lint
4. 1orion2many
5. Llamatron

Lint
17th November 2011, 03:09 PM
Put me down for a couple if you're happy to hang onto them until my next sojourn to WA.

1orion2many
17th November 2011, 03:22 PM
:rolleyes:Throw me down for one, I still have my classics cliffjumper set unused in it's packaging so it's debatable if I'll actually get around to using this but I like buying them:o

llamatron
18th November 2011, 06:07 PM
I will take one for sure, RobotKingdom also has them and would probably work out cheaper. I'll check.

llamatron
18th November 2011, 06:11 PM
Some quick RobotKingdom stats:

Ordering 5 = $22.75 USD Each (shipped)
Ordering 10 = $21.45 USD Each (shipped)

klystron
18th November 2011, 08:51 PM
Some quick RobotKingdom stats:

Ordering 5 = $22.75 USD Each (shipped)
Ordering 10 = $21.45 USD Each (shipped)

Awesome. Thanks man.

llamatron
21st November 2011, 11:25 PM
BUMP BUMP - are you planning to go ahead with the order of 5? Just curious!

klystron
22nd November 2011, 01:08 AM
Maybe. Order of 5 from RK works out slightly cheaper than an order of 10 from ToyArena.
Not as much interest as I thought there would be...