PDA

View Full Version : Classic Ozformers Newsletters - Issue #12 (Sept 1997)

griffin
21st November 2011, 01:39 PM
On our first birthday, the newsletter issue was printed up with a fluro yellow cover, and the title image of Outback was celebrating it in full party mode.
I also started generating a text version to email to people who couldn't afford the printed version.

Check it out here (http://www.toycollectors.com.au/newsletter/012/012.html).

With 12 issues under our belt, the newsletter was in full swing, packed with features and regular sections by now. We even had a competition to give away a free toy that wasn't even available here at that time.

Paulbot
21st November 2011, 01:45 PM
I also started generating a text version to email to people who couldn't afford the printed version.

I'm actually surprised I was getting the newsletter as early as 1997. I was an unemployed Uni student so free email newsletters were good :o

GoktimusPrime
21st November 2011, 03:03 PM
I remember this newsletter! I'm sure Sept 1997 was when (or around when) I found out about Austrans... hrmmm... maybe I'd gotten griffin's email address then but hadn't officially joined yet. I was still living in Japan at the time - I think I "officially" joined when I returned to Australia in 1998, but IIRC you'd been saving up back issues from when I expressed interest or whatever... cos I definitely remember getting the printed version of this newsletter.