PDA

View Full Version : Stores selling Transformers In Singapore

funkyaw
27th May 2008, 12:51 PM
Hi guys.

Might be spending half a day in Singapore whilst waiting for my connecting flight.

Anyone know where to find some Transformers over there?

Not looking for anything specifically.

Cheers!

iceburn
27th May 2008, 02:18 PM
Are you able to head down to the city??
How much are you willing to spend and what are you particularly looking for??
Movie? G1? Others....if you're unsure, its hard as going some places might take a whole day. If yes...i'll continue.

Zippo
27th May 2008, 03:56 PM
Do spill iceburn
I'm over there at the end of September for 8 days. I'm looking for sealed G1 while im there as well as newer stuff I haven't bothered with importing this year because of the trip.

funkyaw
27th May 2008, 04:35 PM
Mate - if you could identify a few stores or areas that would be great.

I plan to get out into the city - perhaps go down orchard road or CSC (these are some places that some work mates suggested to go visit for gadgets and things).

Would prefer to get things that aren't so readily available here in Australia.

Thanks!

iceburn
27th May 2008, 11:21 PM
yeap...head down to:

1. China Square Central - Level 1 and 2 ...lots of stores. Go on a Sunday if you can as many other private sellers will be setting up stores to sell their own TFs and other amazing stuff

2. Excelsior Plaza/Centre (next to Funan IT Mall) - Basement. There's basically 2 stores there but 1 of them sells lots of TFs!! you'll be amazed and i'm sure heroic has put up pics before in the old forum

3a. Metro (reachable from Orchard MRT) and Toys R Us (can't remember the building name but its opposite Takashimaya where Metro is too)
3b. Toys R Us (The Forum) up the beginning of Orchard Road...its quite a distance hence expect more toys there
3c. Toys R Us (Suntec City from City Hall MRT). There's a couple of small shops in Suntec that sells TF stuff e.g. Pepsi Convoy and BTs even.
3d. Toys R Us (Vivo City from Harbour Front MRT) This is where the GIANT Cybertron Megatron statue is

4. OG (reachable from Somerset MRT)

5. Takashimaya... sometimes there are other items on sale even TFs, Gundams, etc etc

6. Another site you guys can try to buy TFs from is auctions.yahoo.com/sg (http://auctions.yahoo.com/sg)
You can ask for a trade or win the auction and arrange to meet the seller (at their convenience and location)

[edit]
Ohhh, I forgot to add Far East Plaza too....top floor. There are 3-4 shops there selling various TFs. Could try it out.

funkyaw
28th May 2008, 08:03 AM
Thanks iceburn!

I'll see what I can fit in.

iceburn
28th May 2008, 08:25 AM
no worries...good luck on your hunt.

roller
28th May 2008, 09:26 AM
hahaha i was about to make this same thread, my agents are going over very soon for a good old overdrawn chinese wedding

Does anyone know if the Ravens (?) Hanger(?) is still open? That place was great years ag0 but last time i was there, the bloody place was renovating:mad:

iceburn
28th May 2008, 09:53 AM
roller...i havent been "pubbing" there for long if it's what you are referring to but i can ask my friends...will get back to you on that

roller
28th May 2008, 01:28 PM
ice, what does pubbing mean? Going to the pub?

I can visualise most of the places mentioned, but i recall that Falcons hanger or watever it was called was pretty good for Tf toys and comics

I also recall another shop in a big shoppin centre with JUST tfs!! I got Nucleon Convoy, the guy was really good at talking me into buying stuff:D

Funkyaw, go to Gaylan, you'll have a mighty good time hehehehe

iceburn
28th May 2008, 01:59 PM
ahhh i got the wrong idea. yeah pubbing = pub. *silly me*

can't really remember if there's ever a Falcons Hanger but well...i guess for funkyaw's half a day trip..Orchard Road or even CSC is sufficient enough

hound
28th May 2008, 06:13 PM
The Falcon's Hanger was in Far East Plaza but moved to Waterloo Centre.

funkyaw
28th May 2008, 09:40 PM
Thanks for all the info guys.

I'm told that the train system is really good over there but given the short time I have, I'm thinking of trying to just move quickly through taxis so I'm hoping to at least have a look at both CSC and Orchard Road.

iceburn
28th May 2008, 11:59 PM
for CSC, alight at Chinatown MRT and head towards the exit where Chinatown Point is and walk down all the way. Orchard Road, you can start at the beginning and hit every Shopping Centre but mainly the ones I mentioned above

roller
29th May 2008, 10:39 AM
i remember when i was a cadet i once had dhiorrea symtoms, i was in Singapore annd every MRT station had the mens toilets locked! Every single mens toilet in the country was locked at the same time!!!!

It was incredible, every single toilet-LOCKED

Then i was forced to go to Sentosa, on the same day, via cable car, and luckily i had enough self and bowl control not to 'go' out the side of the bars. I finally found one toilet and stayed in their for a good half hour.

My relatives are related to the guy who Chow Kit Road is named after.

Go to Falcons Hanger if you can, just about any toy shop over there is great

funkyaw
29th May 2008, 01:04 PM
<touch wood>

Everytime somebody has told me something will be great it never quite lives up to the hype

<touch wood>

roller
29th May 2008, 04:16 PM
Torchwood

You will be surprised grasshopper

Torchwood

funkyaw
2nd June 2008, 03:42 PM
Due to the engineer strike, I had cancellations and delay which ate into my half day so I only got to spend about an hour shopping.

Ended up going to CSC and was quite impressed with the number of toy stores on the L1 and L2.

Most of the stock was more recent lines (Movie, Encore, Galaxy Force/Cybertron) but there was random G1 stuff there. The worst problem I found was the lack of organisation of the displays. Boxes were just stacked wherever there was space and display cabinets had boxes hidden by other boxes making it impossible to actually see what was for sale.

Also most of the stores had loose toys in bags sitting in piles which would take hours just to sort through. You could easily spend a day just in this one place looking through everything.

Ended up just getting a loose Animated Roll Out Prime for $70. If you ignore his lack of articulation, he still does look pretty good ignoring his J-Lo butt.

My only advice is to bring cash. Unfortunately only a few stores would accept credit cards and those that did wanted to add a 3-4% surcharge on top. Luckily there are a few ATMs nearby.

Apparently Sunday has an open market which is great for collectors. Sort of like the Parra collectors fair.

iceburn
2nd June 2008, 03:49 PM
ahhh i forgot the bid about bringing Cash only. sorry funkyaw :)
hope you enjoy the trip to CSC which i missed during my trip back in Feb!

Zippo
2nd June 2008, 07:10 PM
Bugger about the lack of G1, I am hoping that I will find store fronts for the people on eBay that have lots and are from Singapore. Cheers for the cash tip, going to have to change my plans for carrying my spending money around.

iceburn
2nd June 2008, 07:17 PM
Note for the Sunday market/fair, you can BARGAIN with the sellers!!! (prob not the shop owners alright as they may not reduce much :P)
Do do do bargain for the items you want. Also note that prices change for some sellers at the end of the day. Maybe more expensive (not cheaper)

Sam
24th August 2008, 11:51 PM
Just wondering how much one should expect to pay for Henkei figures in Singapore shops that sell TFs?

I'm thinking about Astrotrain and Megatron.

Thanks. :)

Wheel-J
21st November 2008, 11:06 PM
yeap...head down to:

1. China Square Central - Level 1 and 2 ...lots of stores. Go on a Sunday if you can as many other private sellers will be setting up stores to sell their own TFs and other amazing stuff

2. Excelsior Plaza/Centre (next to Funan IT Mall) - Basement. There's basically 2 stores there but 1 of them sells lots of TFs!! you'll be amazed and i'm sure heroic has put up pics before in the old forum

3a. Metro (reachable from Orchard MRT) and Toys R Us (can't remember the building name but its opposite Takashimaya where Metro is too)
3b. Toys R Us (The Forum) up the beginning of Orchard Road...its quite a distance hence expect more toys there
3c. Toys R Us (Suntec City from City Hall MRT). There's a couple of small shops in Suntec that sells TF stuff e.g. Pepsi Convoy and BTs even.
3d. Toys R Us (Vivo City from Harbour Front MRT) This is where the GIANT Cybertron Megatron statue is

4. OG (reachable from Somerset MRT)

5. Takashimaya... sometimes there are other items on sale even TFs, Gundams, etc etc

6. Another site you guys can try to buy TFs from is auctions.yahoo.com/sg (http://auctions.yahoo.com/sg)
You can ask for a trade or win the auction and arrange to meet the seller (at their convenience and location)

[edit]
Ohhh, I forgot to add Far East Plaza too....top floor. There are 3-4 shops there selling various TFs. Could try it out.

Glad to find these posts coz I'll pass by Singapore on January on my return to Melbourne.:)
It's gonna be a 10-hour stopover so I may only be able to visit a couple stores.
Seems to me, Ice have listed the stores in order of priority, iz it? :D

Ended up going to CSC and was quite impressed with the number of toy stores on the L1 and L2.

Most of the stock was more recent lines (Movie, Encore, Galaxy Force/Cybertron) but there was random G1 stuff there. The worst problem I found was the lack of organisation of the displays. Boxes were just stacked wherever there was space and display cabinets had boxes hidden by other boxes making it impossible to actually see what was for sale.

Also most of the stores had loose toys in bags sitting in piles which would take hours just to sort through. You could easily spend a day just in this one place looking through everything..

I havn't been to CSC but I wish I could dig some classics or a few MPs there.:cool:

iceburn
21st November 2008, 11:32 PM
Wheel-J, i have but the last option is no longer available....
there's another new store but not centralised that you can visit.

www.tfh.com.sg

Wheel-J
22nd November 2008, 01:07 AM
Wheel-J, i have but the last option is no longer available....
there's another new store but not centralised that you can visit.

www.tfh.com.sg

Thanks a lot, mate! I'm good with your current list and that link is cool.
Now I can plan my route around the city for a smooth and happy TF hunting. Wish me luck then.:)

Btw, should this thread be under the TF Sightings section too? No fuss, just a thought.

sanbot
25th November 2008, 01:20 PM
Just my 2 cents

Don't bother with the Toys R us stores. IMHO they had crap all and I went to a few. They had some movie deluxes and animators (already released in Oz) from memory and that was about it.

Option 1 and 2 are the best, with option 2 being the better out of the two. Iceburn mentioned there were two stores (and there is) but when I went the lady in one of them said this is meant to be storage and not opened to the public :p But they both had so much TF stuff and some really rare stuff too! :eek:

iceburn
25th November 2008, 01:25 PM
depends on what you are getting i guess. TRUs can be a great source for old toys that we don't have it here too...so just try them out and they are easily accessible along Orchard Road areas.

Wheel-J
10th February 2009, 11:39 PM
Just sharing a few pics on my very short stopover to Singapore last month. Sorry it took so long and it may be irrelevant anymore
(and also I used photobucket instead of flickr :o).

http://s729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/Wheel-J/Singapore_2009-Jan/

My TF hunting at Singapore is quite nice but unfortunately, I wasn't able to get many TFs as I planned due to the rain that time and an upset stomach which I suspect caused by the flight. :( Though, I was still able to score 2 henkei deluxes and a commemorative soundwave at CSC.

blackie
10th February 2009, 11:43 PM
genuinely serious question, what are the prices like over there, for things like takara book style, and even the encores when compared to say what i can get them from evilbay for?

and apart from the apparent abundance of transformers whats it like to holiday over there? cause im actually considdering going for a week maybe....

roller
10th February 2009, 11:57 PM
i cant help with current prices, my folks were there in 2008 in June

they got me a MA21 movie optimus for about $90 and deluxes are about the same price.

I bought my TFC Megatron in 2006 in a shop for about $100

As for holidaying, the museum is good, the East cost is an experience, there are some old colonial houses that are abandoned around, go inside, theres St andrews cathedral in town, read about the Singapore mutiny

Wheel-J
11th February 2009, 12:07 AM
genuinely serious question, what are the prices like over there, for things like takara book style, and even the encores when compared to say what i can get them from evilbay for?

and apart from the apparent abundance of transformers whats it like to holiday over there? cause im actually considdering going for a week maybe....

I was looking for the piece of paper I used to write down the prices of some encores I asked but I couldn't find them now. :( Give me time until tomorrow to look for them and I'll get back to you. The only items I remember are the ones that I bought. Henkei Deluxes cost me SG$30 each and the commemorative soundwave is SG$50 (it was tagged for $60 but the seller gave it to me for SG$50). Regarding your holiday trip, I also would like to know coz my visit there last month is only a 10hr-stopover. Just enough time to roam the city during the day. Buy an umbrella, sometimes it seems the rain won't stop. :)

Note that 1SGD is almost equivalent now to 1AUD.

Wheel-J
11th February 2009, 10:36 PM
Sorry blackie, I still couldn't find that piece of paper. Anyway, I could recall one shop is selling encore Omega Supreme, Sky Lynx, and Metroplex for less than a hundred each. If you'd like me to send to you their contacts, I have their business card.

orionpax1
12th January 2011, 01:29 PM
Hi guys just a small question.

Where is the best place to get transformers in singapore? I know a couple of you guys have been over and bought/taken pics (looks awesome) of transfomers and was just windering where you got them from as my sister just moved there.

valkyrie_76
12th January 2011, 03:02 PM
There was a list of toy shops in Singapore that someone had made up but I cant remember where that post is. Use the search button and have a look.

But the best place was on every Sunday at China Square Central. There is a market that happens and you can usually get some good deals. Also during the week there is a few shops in CSC that sell a large range of Transformers but sometimes the prices are a little too expensive (for G1 that is).

Found it : http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=1250&highlight=singapore

Its not much but its a good start.

uteiki
12th January 2011, 03:39 PM
hi orionpax1

there is a store i always drop by when i m in sg.

you can check them out here:
http://www.roborobo.com.sg/about-us

there is a map and the shop location there. the guys there are really helpful & friendly too.

hope this helps!

valkyrie_76
12th January 2011, 04:25 PM
Alright another place to look for when I go back :D

iceburn
13th January 2011, 04:37 AM
valkyrie.. when are you coming down Singapore

give me a call +65 97753705. happy to bring you around....
what are you looking for at the moment too?

valkyrie_76
13th January 2011, 10:50 AM
Hoping for end of March at the earliest but it might be a little later.

bruticus
13th January 2011, 11:04 AM
i use this list whenever i go to singapore:
http://www.sgcollect.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=376&Itemid=43
but i'd recommend ringing up to check first before you head on down cos some of the shops have really random opening hours.

orionpax1, you should definitely check out the toy bazaar/markets when ever they pop up.

i've bought from roborobo before. good people. good stock of transformers.

orionpax1
13th January 2011, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the info guys much appreciated, will def check them out or get my sister too as well.

JuzMel
14th January 2011, 10:58 AM

Make sure you're still in SG when I go back in April too ya! :p

UltraMagnus
23rd January 2011, 11:10 PM

Im there this weekend. Gonna go to CSC to find some classics! Iceburn Im after Inferno (henkei), and Ultra Magnus/Skywarp. If your there I'll say hi!

Is 11am a good time? Gotta catch a flight at 3:45pm.
Where is the best place for classics?

primatives
7th March 2011, 11:57 AM
my gf will be stopping over at singapore for a few hours, she might be able to drop by one of these places. let me know!

anyone in singapore have any henkei they want to sell?? thanks

iceburn
7th March 2011, 01:42 PM
how long has she got for stop-over? best place to go is city... or try this list:

http://www.sgcollect.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=376&Itemid=43

liegeprime
7th March 2011, 07:04 PM
Wow that's a long list... hmmm Robinsons? in Singapore, wow never knew they already have branches outside Phils or this might be a different company altogether :D:p

primatives
7th March 2011, 07:11 PM
which one is the closest to the airport?? BTW thanks iceburn

Zippo
7th March 2011, 08:21 PM
I'd just shop at the two stores in the Airport.
In fact the only place I saw a couple of figures after 10 days of going to every store I could.

primatives
7th March 2011, 08:25 PM
2 at the airport?? Nice! I will get her to check it out! i will write down my list of wants. Are they cheap in Singapore? Thanks!

iceburn
8th March 2011, 01:05 PM
Depends on which airport terminal you are in.
For example T3, if you clear customs/immigration... turn right and walk all the way to the end of the shops (right hand side), there's a toy store which sells Transformers as well but NOT henkeis... you can get some decent and recent TFs there

fatbot
19th March 2012, 01:07 PM
As the title suggests, I'm after toy stores in Singapore that sell Transformers. Any suggestions besides Toys r us?

griffin
19th March 2012, 01:12 PM
Do a title search for "Singapore", as there are too many results for me to list.

Hursticon
19th March 2012, 09:00 PM
^^That or hit up Icey or HD dude, I'm sure they'd be willing to point you in the right direction. ;):)

UltraMagnus
19th March 2012, 10:16 PM
As the title suggests, I'm after toy stores in Singapore that sell Transformers. Any suggestions besides Toys r us?

Just check Heroic's blog - http://heroicdecepticon.blogspot.com/p/heroics-toy-shop-locator-guide.html

All the info there.
Highly recommend China Square Central on Sundays (1st and 2nd Floors) from 11am.
Lots of toy stores, and market.

heroic_decepticon
20th March 2012, 04:46 AM
Grant, my map (as linked by UM above) and this store listing (http://www.sgcollect.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=376&Itemid=43) is all you need for Singapore really. It's all there.

iceburn
21st March 2012, 06:30 PM
when are you coming down. i must make it a point to meetup with you guys now, else i'll never forgive myself :)

fatbot
22nd March 2012, 08:34 AM
when are you coming down. i must make it a point to meetup with you guys now, else i'll never forgive myself :)

I'll be there around 2200, May 2 & leaving on the 6th at 2000. Any meets would most likely be on the Sunday for the markets in Chinatown, the rest of the time will be checking out the sights and war memorials

iceburn
26th March 2012, 04:59 PM
ok...will see you on May 6 at China Square Central then. what time would you prefer? 11am, 12pm or 1pm? Stores open about 10 (some slightly earlier)