PDA

View Full Version : Matty Black Friday Sale - Gigantic!

kup
24th November 2011, 09:02 AM
Matty has announced their line up for their Black Friday sale:

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplayShopperDefinedBundlePage/OfferID.12716121709

As you can see, it's GIGANTIC! I was only expecting them to have stuff like Hurricane Hordak, Godess and other excess stock but they have gone full blown!

The sale date is on Sale starts: 11/25/11 12:01 a.m. PT (US) which means Friday, 25 November 2011 at 7:00:00 PM for people in NSW.

Stock numbers are unknown so I am sure a lot of the most wanted figures will quickly disappear!

Robzy
24th November 2011, 10:03 AM
Cool, thanks. What a massive sale... it ticks me off that all these figures have been "sold out" for some time though :rolleyes: I don't understand why Matty won't just leave the stuff up there until it actually sells out. It's like they need to create a false buzz every month with all their figures like "Wow - they sold out in 3 hours. What a phenomenon!! Quick, better buy a Sub!" The only reason the early figures sold out in 3/20/45 minutes etc... is because they underestimated the demand. Now, Matty has this screwed up mentatlity that EVERYTHING has to sell within a few minutes/hours/days or else it's a failure. Stupid, stupid business IMO.

The sale date is on Sale starts: 11/25/11 12:01 a.m. PT (US) which means Friday, 25 November 2011 at 7:00:00 PM for people in NSW.
Do you mean 7AM?

kup
24th November 2011, 10:14 AM
Cool, thanks. What a massive sale... it ticks me off that all these figures have been "sold out" for some time though :rolleyes: I don't understand why Matty won't just leave the stuff up there until it actually sells out. It's like they need to create a false buzz every month with all their figures like "Wow - they sold out in 3 hours. What a phenomenon!! Quick, better buy a Sub!" The only reason the early figures sold out in 3/20/45 minutes etc... is because they underestimated the demand. Now, Matty has this screwed up mentatlity that EVERYTHING has to sell within a few minutes/hours/days or else it's a failure. Stupid, stupid business IMO.

Do you mean 7AM?

According to the Time Zone calculator, it's PM:

Los Angeles (U.S.A. - California) Midnight between Thursday, 24 November 2011 and Friday, 25 November 2011 PST UTC-8 hours

Sydney (Australia - New South Wales) Friday, 25 November 2011 at 7:00:00 PM EDT UTC+11 hours

We are almost a full day ahead of them.

Tallestblue
26th November 2011, 06:30 PM
I missed out on King Grayskull because I was at work. I'm also a bit cheesed off that everything i ordered from Big Bad Toy Store in the last three months is availabe on the site. OH and 68 bucks for shipping the Three Superman 12 inch figures? WTF?

kup
26th November 2011, 10:47 PM
I missed out on King Grayskull because I was at work. I'm also a bit cheesed off that everything i ordered from Big Bad Toy Store in the last three months is availabe on the site. OH and 68 bucks for shipping the Three Superman 12 inch figures? WTF?

When it comes to toy collecting, it is always a gamble. Just as with Transformers, you may go the extra mile to get a nice vintage or limited figure but then suddenly it gets re-released at a fraction of the cost not long after!

This sale was another foul up by Digital River. Apparently several items sold out fairly quickly but they didn't update the site so people kept trying to add them to their cart or check out but they couldn't.

Luckily I was in quick so I managed to get everything I wanted. That would be it for my MOTUC backlog, I have gotten every figure that has been previously released that I wanted.

Robzy
27th November 2011, 08:47 PM
I got everything I wanted. No stress really! But I'm glad I ordered straight away cos most of the stuff I bought is sold out now.

I may be tempted to buy more... esp if Matty increases their percentage off to 60% like they did on the Halloween sale!

Tallestblue
28th November 2011, 05:20 PM
I just know now that i've given up and spent my saved toy money on other things that they'll put Tri-Klops and Webstor on sale for Cyber Monday.

kup
28th November 2011, 07:18 PM
I just know now that i've given up and spent my saved toy money on other things that they'll put Tri-Klops and Webstor on sale for Cyber Monday.

It's beyond Monday midnight over there and nothing...

lol, the surprise was that all the discounted prices went to normal :D

Tallestblue
28th November 2011, 10:19 PM
Oh, no, now all MOTUC is half off!

At least, all the stuff that was on sale that isn't sold out. So. Tytus, Megator, Skeletor and Molarr, The Palace Gaurds, All stuff I really don't want.

kup
28th November 2011, 10:38 PM
Oh, no, now all MOTUC is half off!

At least, all the stuff that was on sale that isn't sold out. So. Tytus, Megator, Skeletor and Molarr, The Palace Gaurds, All stuff I really don't want.

Same but the low price is making me think twice.

Tallestblue
28th November 2011, 11:14 PM
Not when they're charging 28 bucks shipping for Molarr/Skelly and the Guards pack is only 9.95 shipping. if KG and the Faceless one were still on sale I'd be buying. i'm hoping they add SOMETHING I don't have to the sale, but it's another stay up til 3am deal if they do.

Edit- At 3am they started Selling Stratos and Man-at-arms, I have them so I went to bed, I just woke up it's 6:25 am and snagged myself a Webstor for ten bucks plus the 9 bucks shipping. So getting very little sleep was worth something, at least.

Even more edit- And two hours later, Tri-klops is mine too, Shame i haveta pay for his shipping as well, but I knew I Webstor would be gone when he showed up.

Zippo
29th November 2011, 11:35 AM
Wow, those Palace Guards at half price is tempting ..

kup
10th January 2012, 08:01 PM
Received the second half of the Black Friday sale today. Boy! that took a long time.

http://kupscigar.com/2012/matty/100112.JPG

According to the box, it went from Sweeden to the US and then to Australia :rolleyes:

liegeprime
11th January 2012, 12:48 AM
Sweet the weapons pack have arrived. woohooo!!!:D

kup
11th January 2012, 12:52 AM
Sweet the weapons pack have arrived. woohooo!!!:D

Not yet! ;)

That is the Weapons Rack not the Weapons Pack.

Your packs are actually on the 1st Black Friday order (this is the 2nd) which I am expecting to arrive either tomorrow or the day after.

Curious how the 2nd order arrived before the 1st.

liegeprime
11th January 2012, 01:09 AM
Not yet! ;)

That is the Weapons Rack not the Weapons Pack.

Your packs are actually on the 1st Black Friday order (this is the 2nd) which I am expecting to arrive either tomorrow or the day after.

Curious how the 2nd order arrived before the 1st.

oh!:eek: belay that wohoo then :o:o:o

kup
11th January 2012, 10:27 AM
I can now confirm that the Matty order with your weapons pack is here :)

Tallestblue
11th January 2012, 06:31 PM
i'm still waiting on my Tri-Klops and Webstor. I hope they get here soon.

Sam
11th January 2012, 07:29 PM
According to the box, it went from Sweeden to the US and then to Australia :rolleyes:

I hope to get mine soon. According to my bank statement, it's from Luxembourg. :)

kup
11th January 2012, 07:36 PM
Here is the other half of the Black Friday order:

http://kupscigar.com/2012/matty/110112.JPG

Weapons Packs for LiegePrime
Moss Man for Lord_Zed