PDA

View Full Version : BigBadToyStore (BBTS) (America) feedback

griffin
4th December 2011, 06:57 PM
After I lost confidence with Robotkingdom (little to no communication, messed up orders, and wouldn't respond to an issue of a faulty item) to the point of never ordering from them again, I've had to resort to the more expensive BBTS option as a bulk-buy source (I still use ebay and some JP sources for one-off items).

I've never been too impressed by the way they have "scalped" their store exclusives, or any item that is limited (anyone remember their Beast Machines Battle Unicorn?).

Anyway, aside from their pricing policy, they are great for communication and customer satisfaction.
Last month I ordered several items, including the first wave case of JP EZ Chronicle figures (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11345&mode=retail). It was listed as the standard (sealed) grade, so getting a case of 12 should have at least 1 of each of the 8 figures (no chase figures in this series). I've never had a master case without 1 of each figure before... so when the shipment arrived, the case arrived like this:

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/bbts01.jpg

It was already torn open, and had two rubber bands holding it together. Since the master case is supposed to be "sealed" with a single piece of tape, this was already not the condition listed. But I'm not too fussed about packaging, so was willing to let it go if all 8 figures were there (in good condition of course). But as soon as I undid the bands, I started to get a bit worried, as two of the inner boxes had tape on them as if they had been resealed... I immediately thought of a past ebay purchase that had an SCF figurine master case of opened boxes, from the owner looking for Chase figures or looking for the colour version of the Scorponok/Zarak figure - one master case would have all colour, one would have all pewter, so opening one inner box would let you know if you have the colour one (but the seller didn't note this on the auction, as it would have been nice to have a chance at getting a chase figure).

So back to the BBTS master case - I just knew that something was going to be missing, as the condition of the master case suggested someone had raided it, and once they found what they wanted, they left the rest sealed.
After a few minutes opening up all 12 inner boxes, my suspicions were true - there was no Gen1 Optimus figure.

So I emailed BBTS with details and the photo above, and within a day they were offering to send out the missing figure. They noted that they were aware of the master case looking like that when they got it (not sure if it was the only one and they remembered it, or if all of their cases look like that), and said that it shouldn't have been listed as "standard" (sealed) grade.

I confirmed that I was just after a single Gen1 Optimus figure (I didn't know if there was supposed to be 1 or 2, but one was all I wanted), and I suggested that they could just send it with my next order (to save hassle and expense). But the next day I got an email shipping notice, saying that it was already on its way.

So if it arrives, it would be a testament to their exceptional customer service and satisfaction standards.

liegeprime
4th December 2011, 07:07 PM
So they sent it free then? No charge to you at all? that's awesome if they did.

I for one have bought from them and as you did say they are quite pricy on their shipping but as far as reliability that the items do arrive they take the cake...also they communicate immediately if something has gone awry with the order. RK, ugh, emailed me 10 days after saying my order can't be fulfilled and they'll just refund:mad::mad::mad:, havent ordered from them ever since... also love the pile of loot system that BBTS have.:D

Doubledealer
4th December 2011, 07:22 PM
Yeap, BBTS is the shiznit when it comes to customer service. When I ordered my first Generations Scourge it had two left fists. I immediately sent them a pic of this and the next day I received an email apologising and explaining that a replacement figure (sans weapons) was on its way.

Their exclusive prices are pretty horrendous I agree, but sometimes if the items stagnate for too long they go on clearance and can be had at a more palatable price. Overall a good store but I generally go with RK or Ebay to save a few clams.

jazzcomp
5th December 2011, 07:50 AM
Is there a pic in griffin's post that i can't see?

canofwhoopass_87
5th December 2011, 08:53 AM
Agree /w most of the comments so far (bar the pile of loot...sorry liege :p)

Prices - 3/5 Fairly high, but then again they're U.S based and have to import a lot of their stock

Shipping - 3.5/5 Again, I find their shipping prices to be on the high side, even with their "pile of loot" system. They make up for it with expertly packed parcels and prompt shipping though

Communication/Customer Service - 5/5 Perfect in all aspects. Had a couple of minor issue with them (item was described as being MIB but arrived loose complete) but they were quick to rectify and issued store credit

In summary - You get what you paid for. Prices/shipping costs may be higher than other online stores, but the service is outstanding

Prowl
8th December 2011, 06:36 PM
I think what impressed me the most was how my order was packed. Best packaging I have recieved a TF in & that includes members here which is certainly saying something!

High_Q
15th December 2011, 11:43 PM
I find their stuff a bit pricey, but due to collecting mostly MISB/MOSC items, I use their 'upgrade to collector's grade' option quite often, which most other stores don't offer. I never had problems with the condition of their collector grade items. I like their Pile of Loot system too (mine's been piling up since 30/09/10).

griffin
16th December 2011, 12:39 AM
The replacement EZ Optimus arrived yesterday, by UPS, which would have cost them a bit to do. Very happy with their customer service.

canofwhoopass_87
16th December 2011, 08:15 AM
I find their stuff a bit pricey, but due to collecting mostly MISB/MOSC items, I use their 'upgrade to collector's grade' option quite often, which most other stores don't offer. I never had problems with the condition of their collector grade items. I like their Pile of Loot system too (mine's been piling up since 30/09/10).

Heh I can only imagine that as a MISB/MOSC collector, your shipments will be fairly large and probably equate to a saving of somewhere around $50-$100?

That is a fair saving on shipping - though over a period of 1+ years that you've been waiting, it almost becomes negligible. I'd rather have those figures to be in my possession for display and enjoyment, as opposed to languishing in a warehouse on the other side of the world for months and months just so I can save a few dollars.

Sort of came to that conclusion when I finally decided to ship one of my loot piles after a year of waiting.

UltraMarginal
16th December 2011, 11:31 AM

Be careful that the shipment value isn't over $1000, otherwise you will get hammered with import duties, customs duties and other related taxes.

UltraMagnus
16th December 2011, 02:42 PM
BBTS are a great place to buy things. Regardless of how dated the BBTS website looks like, it delivers, and it delivers Lego as well.

I have made about 20 orders with them (including Lego Star Wars as well).

Even if shipping is slightly higher, the "pile of loot" is a great way to offset it.

theheretic
16th December 2011, 06:09 PM
The site might look dated on the PC, but works great on my iPhone. Which is where the majority of my orders are made.

Edit: ever tried to log in at TFsource on an iPhone? It's a bad experience.

Zippo
16th December 2011, 07:50 PM
Good on BBTS for doing the right thing for you griffin.
I got one of those 12 packs from Japan when released, and the outer box should be sealed (yours looks like it was opened for display in a store) and the 12 inner boxes sealed.

Read there were 2 possible combinations for what you got in the case - mine had 2 G1 Prime, 2 G1 Megatron, 2 Movie Megatron and 2 Thundercrackers and 1 of each of the rest.

I prefer to use BBTS over any other store for American released items, although for Marvel Universe I have found a cheaper source and if Amazon will ship direct then they are also cheaper. Japanese released items are cheaper to get from RK, HLJ or Amiami.

orionpax1
18th December 2011, 02:16 PM
I have placed about 20 orders myself with BBTS and have had no problems with them. Their service is great and will send out a replacement part no wuestions asked. When i got one of the non insecticons a part was broken, i emailed them and the replacement part was posted out free charge. I got the part five days later.

Golden Phoenix
18th December 2011, 08:47 PM
I prefer to use BBTS over any other store for American released items, although for Marvel Universe I have found a cheaper source and if Amazon will ship direct then they are also cheaper. Japanese released items are cheaper to get from RK, HLJ or Amiami.

Agreed, especially when buying cases of figures. Usually significantly cheaper even after postage than what you could buy at somewhere like RK. The pile of loot system helps add to that.

SuspectimusPrime
6th September 2012, 12:02 PM
:mad::mad: Really annoyed. BBTS lost a crucial combiner piece I ordered.

Placed my first order with BBTS in April and kept it under my Pile of Loot, last week I decided to ship it, only for them to notify me that they've lost one item out of a 3-pack I bought: Movie 1 Unreleased Target Exclusives Reverb, Gunbarrel and Backtrack. They lost Reverb. :mad:

NB: Reverb and Gunbarrel are repaints of Energon Bruticus parts Vortex and Brawl. Together with the FP Warcry & Flameblast, and FP Bruticus combiner parts, you can make the awesome FP Battle Gaia (http://www.flickr.com/photos/kumastylegfx/6349258159/lightbox/).

BigTransformerTrev
12th August 2013, 10:50 AM
Been doing several POL's with BBTS for the last few years. For the most part I have found them good but have had the following issues:

2011/12/13 - multiple delays on various items, often by a few months (they say they it is expected in April and it wont show up until July, often long after the items have shown up at retail).

2012 - Had sent my 'Alternators Skids' to the wrong person so lost if for me.

2013 - Had my Gaia Unicron in my POL for four months, then when it came to shipping they said they were 'Out of Stock'

2013 - Delays with shipping due to them 'getting multiple items in' and having a rush on people wanting their POL's

My only other issue is that they sometimes charge more for items than other companies (I could have gotten AM Ratbat & Wildrider cheaper with Robot Kingdom) but their POL usually makes up for this.

Overall they are the main online company I use, and their service is usually good, but they are far from perfect. I'd give them a 3.5/5

Omega Metro
14th September 2013, 10:58 AM
2013 - Delays with shipping due to them 'getting multiple items in' and having a rush on people wanting their POL's

I don't know what's up with them lately but this^ is the reason I'm getting as well. Been buying from them for a few years and when you pay for the items, they get sent to the warehouse and it used to be just 1 day before it was shipped. Now it's taking a week to ship from the 'warehouse' stage.
But after my last complaint to them, they have marked my latest order as 'shipped' when it is NOT. They marked it as shipped on the 2/9 and the tracking number has been invalid for 10 days until yesterday 13/9 with 'item lodged'.
So basically, its now taking approx 3 weeks to get my stuff compared to the old days of just 1 week.:mad:

Megatran
8th December 2013, 06:00 PM
Received an email from BBTS Customer Service yesterday. The item that I really wanted is out of stock for Standard Grade ... only substandard grade is now available. This was not mentioned when I placed the order. The thing that bugged me was that the email stated there is NO price difference between Standard & Sub-standard grades. :confused: So I had to either cough up full price for a sub-standard product or remove it from my order. Problem is, my order was based around this item, with another item to justify high shipping cost. I've asked to cancel my whole order. See how it goes. Had allowed enough to get it by Xmas, but now have to look elsewhere and probably missed the boat for Xmas. :mad:

The good: good communication. BBTS was nice enough to inform me that they had run out of Standard Grade product.

The bad: You'd think a business that prides itself on being able to grade items can differentiate the price of std vs sub-std product. After all, they add a price premium for Collector Grade.

The Ugly: Issues in the past have been the higher quoted shipping weight compared to actual for large PoL. I.e. overestimating shipping weight. In the range of 3 - 4 lbs, which equates to $12 - 16 for UPS shipping method ($4 per lb). Really should refund the customer in these instances, rather than pocketing the extra money.

UltraMarginal
8th December 2013, 09:52 PM
I've had "substandard" from them before it's usually just box damage.
there was one time I had an item that must have had adhesive spill on it in the factory and it couldnt''t be transformed. they gave me store credit for that.

It's possible your item was standard and something happened to damage the box. I hope you get a satisfactory resolution.

Megatran
12th December 2013, 04:34 PM
Wow! Didn't realise a parcel coming from BBTS (USA) would need to stop over at so many transient places before it reaches us in Australia. Epic.

Baldwin, WISCONSIN
Eagan, MINNESOTA
Minneapolis, MINNESOTA
Louisville, KENTUCKY
Honolulu, HAWAII
Botany, NSW (AUS)
Melbourne, VIC (AUS)

Golden Phoenix
12th December 2013, 05:10 PM
Wow! Didn't realise a parcel coming from BBTS (USA) would need to stop over at so many transient places before it reaches us in Australia. Epic.

Baldwin, WISCONSIN
Eagan, MINNESOTA
Minneapolis, MINNESOTA
Louisville, KENTUCKY
Honolulu, HAWAII
Botany, NSW (AUS)
Melbourne, VIC (AUS)

It happens sometimes. I think it is more to do with the postal services though.

I have had some that have gone pretty much from BBTS to a stop on the West Coast of the USA, to Sydney, to Melbourne.

Others have done what yours has. Although never had one stop in Hawaii.

Melike
16th December 2013, 01:43 PM
Speaking of which how does everyone go with the shipping?
Last time my tracking details were completely wrong and it got delivered days earlier than it said (it still showed that it was bouncing around somewhere in Asia) and hence I had to drive for almost 3 hours to go out and pick it up. Which is not cool when im paying 100$ for shipping. (they only attempt delivery once)

And now its doing the same thing! Look at the last few days..(I'm in perth btw)

Perth, Australia 12/12/2013 6:40 P.M
Changi, Singapore 12/12/2013 8:58 P.M.
Perth, Australia 12/12/2013 10:26 P.M.
Changi, Singapore 12/13/2013 8:00 A.M.
Perth, Australia 12/15/2013 7:25 A.M. Import Scan
Perth, Australia 12/16/2013 3:16 A.M. Departure Scan

After the Last time this happenned i checked TNt express and it had accurate tracking (didnt know it was TNT until after it arrived) but I went with a different service this time and dont know who its going through once its in Australia. Has anyone else had this problem?

Its ridiculous and puts me off ordering anything from them in the future. Surely I cant be the only person?

UltraMarginal
16th December 2013, 02:04 PM
I've never had that happen, the last few times I have had brokerage and associated checkpoints occur prior to the package actually arriving in Australia. Which is wierd because you see Kentucky then mascot, then Honolulu then mascot.

I've always had mine shipped with UPS never any other method. It's the best value for a large shipment from BBTS.

Sinnertwin
16th December 2013, 02:22 PM
Received my delivery today, here's the breakdown

December 16, 2013 , 7:12 amArrival at Post OfficeAUSTRALIA
December 16, 2013 , 12:01 amArrival at Post OfficeAUSTRALIA
December 13, 2013 , 1:39 pmProcessed Through Sort FacilityAUSTRALIA
December 10, 2013 , 8:30 pmArrived at Sort FacilityISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)*
December 10, 2013 , 8:30 pmProcessed Through Sort FacilityISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)*
December 9, 2013 , 10:08 amShipment AcceptedSOMERSET,*WI*54025*
December 9, 2013Electronic Shipping Info Received

Seems simple enough looking at it, but this is how it panned out
I had two parcels. One of them got delivered via Star Track & when i asked why they were delivering he replied that Aust Post were using external courier companies to meet the Christmas demand.
The other parcel? I went to check my mail & there was a delivery notification saying that the driver had missed me. Thing is, i was at home all day. Off to the post office i went. The lady at the counter tells me that i have to come back after 4pm as indicated on the delivery notice. I asked her to check because i had no notification & that i didnt believe the parcel had even left the post office. Two minutes later she comes out with my other parcel. :rolleyes:

Melike
16th December 2013, 03:27 PM
Well it's awesome you got it. I WISh they dropped it at the post office if I wasn't home but no, they leave it back at the depot which is an hour drive in peak traffic.
Nice and straight forward tracking details.

And they normally get delivered via auspost? Maybe star track cos of the christmas rush? This is my 2nd delivery only and the last tim eit came through TNT express. I might check out all of the sites and see if get any tracking details by punching my con number in.

Melike
16th December 2013, 03:33 PM
Sorry for going on - last post. Shipped on the 4th. Been to 5 different locations in the US, Hong Kong as well apparently and now seems to be bouncing back and forth between Perth and Changi in Singapore. Oh well. Waiting game. But if I have t drive another 2-3 hours in peak hour to pick it up I won't be happy...

UltraMarginal
16th December 2013, 03:41 PM
Heres my last one: Being UPS they only deliver to street addresses, and I always give my work address. Never had a problem.

Location ___________________Date ________Local Time __Activity
Botany, Australia ___________13/11/2013 __10:33 _Delivered
Botany, Australia ___________11/11/2013 __7:55 __Destination Scan
__________________________11/11/2013 __7:55 __Import Scan
Botany, Australia ___________10/11/2013 __17:23 _Arrival Scan
Honolulu, HI, United States ___09/11/2013 __10:51 _Departure Scan
__________________________09/11/2013 __8:45 __-Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States ___09/11/2013 __4:40 ___Departure Scan
__________________________09/11/2013 __0:57 ___Arrival Scan
Botany, Australia ___________09/11/2013 __13:46 __Package data processed by brokerage Waiting for clearance / Released by Clearing Agency. Now in-transit
__________________________09/11/2013 __13:46 __Registered with clearing agency Shipment release pending clearing agency review / Shipment submitted to clearing agency, awaiting final release
___________________________09/11/2013 __13:46 __Registered with clearing agency Shipment release pending clearing agency review / Released by Clearing Agency. Now in-transit
___________________________09/11/2013 _11:41 __Package data processed by brokerage Waiting for clearance
Des Moines, IA, United States __08/11/2013 _13:51 _Departure Scan
____________________________08/11/2013 _8:14 __Arrival Scan
Eagan, MN, United States _____08/11/2013 _4:15 ___Departure Scan
___________________________08/11/2013 _0:02 ___Arrival Scan
Baldwin, WI, United States ____07/11/2013 __23:02 _Departure Scan
____________________________07/11/2013 _20:38 __Origin Scan
United States _______________07/11/2013 _15:21 __Order Processed: Ready for UPS

UltraMarginal
16th December 2013, 03:42 PM
Sorry for going on - last post. Shipped on the 4th. Been to 5 different locations in the US, Hong Kong as well apparently and now seems to be bouncing back and forth between Perth and Changi in Singapore. Oh well. Waiting game. But if I have t drive another 2-3 hours in peak hour to pick it up I won't be happy...

Which shipping method did you use?

Melike
16th December 2013, 04:37 PM
So why did it go from aus back to the US again? That can't be right?
As for what postage..I'm not sure..ups express I think? It was the option that was for 3-5 days. It was the second (and cheapest) of the two choices.
I'm sure it'll get here. Not worried about that. I just want accurate tracking and was hoping to find out if you guys knew who normally ended up delivering it to your door so I can try the tracking data on their site..

Melike
16th December 2013, 04:47 PM
Found it! Its with Star track on board for delivery today! yet according to the tracking details given to me by BBTS its not due till Wed afternoon and currently is departing Perth. If my wife wasnt home that would have meant another 3 hour trip out to pick it up after I missed their single delivery attempt (well, thats not true - i dont know if star track try more than once or if they leave it at the post office)..

I really dont think its good enough when you pay over 100$ shipping though.

Megatran
16th December 2013, 09:48 PM
So why did it go from aus back to the US again? That can't be right?

It's not. Departure and Arrival scan means the parcel has physically departed / arrived at the destination. What you are referring to is the Package Data Processing. The parcel does not physically move, but rather requesting clearance at the designated location from the Clearing agency, prior to shipping to another country. Hope that makes sense.

Melike
16th December 2013, 11:40 PM
It does. It solves some of my problem but not all of it. Thanks. (according to my tracking , Its departed Perth while in actuality I'm posing my new Bovis! (sounds weird)

UltraMarginal
17th December 2013, 11:31 AM
So why did it go from aus back to the US again?

It's not. Departure and Arrival scan means the parcel has physically departed / arrived at the destination. What you are referring to is the Package Data Processing. The parcel does not physically move, but rather requesting clearance at the designated location from the Clearing agency, prior to shipping to another country. Hope that makes sense.

What Megatran Said.
it gets processed electronically here, long before it gets to our shores. It didn't used to be that way, i suppose this way it's a little quicker sometimes.

I have only used the UPS links provided by BBTS for the tracking. I've always found it to be pretty accurate and as far as I know it's always been a UPS truck that delivered it. though I don't always see the delivery.

BigTransformerTrev
29th December 2013, 11:33 AM
I'm pretty impressed that I put my POL in to be processed on the 23rd, it went to the Warehouse on the 24th, and then it was received by the overseas carrier by 9.16am Boxing Day, then processed through the facility the next day. Means they must have just shut down for X-Mass and then got back to work :D

Now for the long irritating wait for it to get from there to here. It was announced that Australia Post is having funding cut to rural sectors, which means even longer to get a package to where I live :(

BigTransformerTrev
31st December 2013, 11:32 AM
I'm pretty impressed that I put my POL in to be processed on the 23rd, it went to the Warehouse on the 24th, and then it was received by the overseas carrier by 9.16am Boxing Day, then processed through the facility the next day. Means they must have just shut down for X-Mass and then got back to work :D

Now for the long irritating wait for it to get from there to here. It was announced that Australia Post is having funding cut to rural sectors, which means even longer to get a package to where I live :(

Wow! That wasn't a long wait at all! Got here today (the 31st)! :D

5FDP
7th January 2014, 01:13 PM
Contemplating putting in my first ever order with BBTS and wanted some words of encouragement before taking the plunge. I've only ever used RK and once I find something I like, I tend to stick with it.

I know I could just read from the start of the topic but it was started over 2 years ago. I'm looking for some recent experience / information.

There are two items that I have my eye on, both of which are in stock. At a glance it looks easy enough - place your order, pay through Paypal etc., but do I need to register on their site as well? What's their shipping time like?

1AZRAEL1
7th January 2014, 01:25 PM
Contemplating putting in my first ever order with BBTS and wanted some words of encouragement before taking the plunge. I've only ever used RK and once I find something I like, I tend to stick with it.

I know I could just read from the start of the topic but it was started over 2 years ago. I'm looking for some recent experience / information.

There are two items that I have my eye on, both of which are in stock. At a glance it looks easy enough - place your order, pay through Paypal etc., but do I need to register on their site as well? What's their shipping time like?

Yea you gotta be registered, which is easy enough. You can "pile of loot" stuff to save on shipping and get it sent whenever you want (within their time limit)

Shipping can be a lil expensive, but that's why POL is great. Shipping times are pretty quick, longest we've had was about 2 weeks.

The wife and I have been using them for years for most American release stuff.

5FDP
7th January 2014, 02:50 PM
Cheers 1AZRAEL1 :) Do you still need to register if you use the Paypal checkout?

1AZRAEL1
7th January 2014, 04:27 PM
Not 100% sure on that. Probably not. Once you enter the checkout I think it asks you to login in or register.

1AZRAEL1
31st January 2014, 08:54 AM
Wow, I'm quite happy with how quickly I got my last order processed. Had a sizeable pile sitting there and coulr no longer wait to get it shipped. Went from pile to shipped in less than 48hrs. Should show up fairly quickly too. Gonna be one big box heh.

Megatran
17th February 2014, 11:25 PM
I received what I felt was a substandard box of Smokescreen Reissue, which was not stated as such. There were plenty paint chips from the packaging & visually looked worst for wear. So I dropped an email to their Customer Service department, along with photos of the packaging. Waiting on their response.

Will update on how things pan out.

5FDP
18th February 2014, 08:38 AM
I received what I felt was a substandard box of Smokescreen Reissue, which was not stated as such. There were plenty paint chips from the packaging & visually looked worst for wear. So I dropped an email to their Customer Service department, along with photos of the packaging. Waiting on their response.

Will update on how things pan out.

Similar situation - ordered a standard grade figure and received something that can only be described as less than sub-standard. The plastic bubble is lifting off the cardback in several spots and is also cracked in one spot. Since placing the order they've updated their site to say that only sub-standard is available (C6 to C8). There was also another figure I received that looked like part of it had melted inside the packaging. This is clearly visible through the plastic bubble.

The order was part of liege's POL so he's emailed them with photos. This was my first experience with BBTS. If they don't come back with a favourable response, it will be my last.

Megatran
18th February 2014, 08:34 PM
Got a favourable response from BBTS:

Hello (removed my name),

Thank you for providing the additional information, it was very helpful. Once again I certainly apologize for the condition of the packaging that you received. At this time, we do not have any additional inventory available for an exchange. We can certainly arrange for you to return the figure for a full refund. Otherwise, if you prefer to keep the figure as is, I can offer you a $20.00 BBTS Store Credit to help compensate for the packaging condition.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed and have a wonderful day!

The item was under $50 and I intended to remove from the box anyway. So I opted for the $20 BBTS store credit.

UltraMarginal
18th February 2014, 09:14 PM
Before Christmas I got a BBTS POL delivered and after Christmas I got around to opening my Blitzwing. it had two left tail fins, I contacted BBTS and they sent me a loose replacement Blitzwing free of charge.
The loose one has very floppy legs but the tail fin fits my good one perfectly. No complaints at all.

Sinnertwin
19th February 2014, 02:26 AM
I guess it comes down to who you speak to on the day. I had a similar issue once & there was no option of returning the item. They offered some recompense, but i really didn't want the $$$. I still use & recommend them though :).

5FDP
19th February 2014, 10:17 AM
Similar situation - ordered a standard grade figure and received something that can only be described as less than sub-standard. The plastic bubble is lifting off the cardback in several spots and is also cracked in one spot. Since placing the order they've updated their site to say that only sub-standard is available (C6 to C8). There was also another figure I received that looked like part of it had melted inside the packaging. This is clearly visible through the plastic bubble.

The order was part of liege's POL so he's emailed them with photos. This was my first experience with BBTS. If they don't come back with a favourable response, it will be my last.

Just an update to my situation - BBTS offered a refund if the items were returned which is great but not ideal as I wanted those two figures and the only other place I could find selling them was Toywiz however they charge $75 for shipping :eek: They also confirmed that only sub-standard grade was available and that they actually picked the ones in the best condition for me. I can only take them at their word. Still, this is the first time I've ever ordered from them and I've never encountered difficulties like this before when using other online stores. My opinion is definitely soured and I won't be using their service again.

1AZRAEL1
19th February 2014, 11:04 AM
Was it a second hand piece or from there own stock they'd ordered? I only order new stuff and have not encountered a major problem.

Only thing that happened was with a living dead doll mel got had one of the arms knocking around the bottom of the box. When we emailed them on it, they gladly sent out a new figure free of charge and no need to return it.

5FDP
19th February 2014, 11:21 AM
It was ordered as standard grade (brand new) however they only had sub-standard in stock (C6-C8) and that's what they sent. They could only replace it with sub-standard but according to them they sent me the best one. The thing is, there was no price difference between standard and sub-standard (which they also admitted via email) which makes no sense at all. Why would someone order a sub-standard grade for the same price when both grades were available at the time the order was placed. My thought is they didn't want to reduce the price when they realised their stock was in sub-standard condition and that way they can get around issuing a refund for the difference and just pocket the money. Scam artists :mad:

UltraMarginal
19th February 2014, 01:44 PM
It was ordered as standard grade (brand new) however they only had sub-standard in stock (C6-C8) and that's what they sent. They could only replace it with sub-standard but according to them they sent me the best one. The thing is, there was no price difference between standard and sub-standard (which they also admitted via email) which makes no sense at all. Why would someone order a sub-standard grade for the same price when both grades were available at the time the order was placed. My thought is they didn't want to reduce the price when they realised their stock was in sub-standard condition and that way they can get around issuing a refund for the difference and just pocket the money. Scam artists :mad:

i'm pretty sure they don't charge less for "sub-standard" ever. their definition of sub standard is that the figure is still in perfect condition and there is just some damage to the box.

I recieved one once where the bubble had a whole lot of whit film in it. I did buy as "sub-standard" but it wasn't any cheaper.

it turned out that the white film was residue from some sort of adhesive that was in some of the joints of the transformer. it was the last one they had so they gave me a store credit for it. I still have the transformer but it stays in vehicle mode. I think the adhesive must have been spilled before it was packaged in the factory.

Their "substandard" always states there is nothing wrong with the toy. in this case you were unlucky, maybe something was dropped on the carton in the warehouse. The "sub standard" option only becomes available if you are ordering a quantity higher than their standard packaging inventory.

5FDP
19th February 2014, 02:05 PM
i'm pretty sure they don't charge less for "sub-standard" ever.

If you're OK with that then that's your prerogative. For me, I expect the packaging to be in 'near new' condition and if it isn't, I would expect a discount much the same way as if I were to buy an in-store item.

When I worked in retail, we would have a trolley of goods near the registers that were still considered 'mint', however the packaging had suffered slightly i.e. crushed, torn, bent, and would sell these for less than RRP.

Let me know when you're in the market for a used (read - sub-standard) car. I'll gladly sell you mine for the same price as a new car ;)

Megatran
19th February 2014, 07:56 PM
I forgot to ask BBTS how a $20 store credit will appear in my account. Anyone know?

Sinnertwin
20th February 2014, 12:16 AM
I forgot to ask BBTS how a $20 store credit will appear in my account. Anyone know?

You'll see it appear on your 'my account' page.
A box should pop up under your CC details.

Megatran
20th February 2014, 09:56 AM
Thanks Sinnertwin. It hasn't showed up on My Account page. I'll give it a week and follow up if it doesn't appear.

DELTAprime
20th February 2014, 11:02 AM
I received what quite frankly was below sub-standard packaging on my Generations Skids a couple of weeks back. It looked like a fork lift had pierced the bubble but stopped short of the comic.

I emailed them right away to let them know so they could get to the bottom of how it happened and stop it from happening in the future. I specifically said I didn't want a refund or replacement as I collect Hasbro figures loose and the packaging was destined for the recycling and the toy was OK. So they had no reason to do so but they credited me $5 on my account. BBTS customer service is the best I've ever had from a toy company.

BigTransformerTrev
22nd March 2014, 09:07 AM
Getting a little frustrated with the constant delays with BBTS :mad:

Had a The Tick figure and a Power Girl magazine & figure ordered since December. Each month they say they will show up, then they never do and at the start of the next month they say it will show up then :(:mad:

Now Arcee and Chromia have been pushed back from March to September! :eek: I can understand them being a bit off in their estimates, but by half a year!?! :eek::confused: I'm starting to think they put these dates earlier so that they can get people to pre-order with them rather than going elsewhere, in the hopes people will just wait rather than going to the trouble to cancel :rolleyes:

UltraMarginal
22nd March 2014, 10:49 AM
Getting a little frustrated with the constant delays with BBTS :mad:

Had a The Tick figure and a Power Girl magazine & figure ordered since December. Each month they say they will show up, then they never do and at the start of the next month they say it will show up then :(:mad:

Now Arcee and Chromia have been pushed back from March to September! :eek: I can understand them being a bit off in their estimates, but by half a year!?! :eek::confused: I'm starting to think they put these dates earlier so that they can get people to pre-order with them rather than going elsewhere, in the hopes people will just wait rather than going to the trouble to cancel :rolleyes:

Most of the time all they have to go on is info they get from their suppliers and there are many points of eveidence pointing to suppliers like Hasbro shifting release dates.

griffin
22nd March 2014, 06:36 PM
Most of the time all they have to go on is info they get from their suppliers and there are many points of eveidence pointing to suppliers like Hasbro shifting release dates.

Indeed. With Hasbro America products, they get the dates from Hasbro. Many fans were suspicious of the unusually early date for Chromia/Arcee wave, so the real question is why did it take so long for someone to query Hasbro about it, or take so long for Hasbro to notice the error and issue a correction.

BigTransformerTrev
24th April 2014, 09:32 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm guessing a lot of us got the same email. The Rattrap/Tankor/Crosscut wave that was supposed to be out soon got canned. Rattrap and Tankor are coming out in June (maybe) and Crosscut - well - who knows!

Also Arcee and Chromia have been pushed back almost indefinetly. Hasbro has asked BBTS to remove the listing, though if you have a pre-order it will remain on file.

By the sounds of it, these changes can be put down to Hasbo stuffing around because they are giving the movie line of toys precedent, rather than BBTS being its usual lax self with it's order dates (though now my The Tick figure has been moved back yet again to almost a year after they said it should arrive)

1AZRAEL1
24th April 2014, 11:54 AM
I heard about that. So basically Hasbro has shat on its distributors and in turn, its fans. Poor move by Hasbro. At least they won't be getting any of my money for the forseeable future as I don't think I will be buying any movie figures because they don't interest me.

Sinnertwin
24th April 2014, 12:02 PM
Oddly, they've adjusted my Tankor, Crossscut & Rattrap order to June, but the Arcee & Chromia pair are still listed as 3rd QTR '14.

Omega Metro
2nd July 2014, 09:56 AM
Ordered and received an 'unopened' case of Beast Hunters deluxe. On the BBTS product listing, it shows you the contents/breakdown of the 8 toys in each case. I opened it up and the one deluxe I REALLY wanted out of it was not there!:mad: it was replaced with a Bumblebee. It only states that there is 1x Bumblebee according to the listing and photos as well. But I got 2.:mad:
They now want photographic evidence.

The guy in the email says that they cannot guarantee the contents of a sealed case. Is this statement stated anywhere on the website cos I can't find it.
It does say on the listing this......

"**** - Please note - All cases are factory sealed and items packed inside are not inspected. We can not guarantee packaging condition of individual items packed within the case."

To me, they are talking about condition.

Not happy.:mad:

griffin
2nd July 2014, 12:06 PM
I'm guessing you were after Prowl... which almost had me bite at buying a case just to get that loose end.

The side of the case should have the Wave and revision number, which should verify the assortment... or could work against you if it is the Prowl case.
If the wave number on the master carton is the right one, look to see if the case was resealed (opened to remove the "chase" figure). As I once got a case of JP EZ figures from them and the (display) case was opened to remove all the Optimus figures and then held together with rubber bands. I was not happy, so complained and showed a photo proof of the opened case that was sent to me with rubber-bands, and they sent a single Optimus on its own for free.
I wasn't happy about not having the two that the case should have had, but at least I got a free toy out of it.

Omega Metro
2nd July 2014, 12:38 PM
Yeah they have requested a photo and have just sent it off to them. It does not look to be tampered with as it doesn't seem to have any traces of 2 layers of tape. The box does however have tape down the middle, and sides top and bottom.

MayzaPrime
2nd July 2014, 05:47 PM
I have pretty much ordered from all of the major websites and all of them have been awesome, and if/when I have had a problem it was all sorted with no hassle.

I keep hearing all of the problems with RK and I must be one of the lucky ones, I did have one problem but it was fixed straight away.

I just got MP Silverstreak from BBTS my only complaint is that it was cheaper elsewhere.

Omega Metro
21st July 2014, 02:31 PM
Well, some good news. I received my BH Prowl at last. Free of charge. So they kept their promise of sending my missing one out to me. :)

BigTransformerTrev
25th August 2014, 03:28 PM
I'm getting a tad irked with them. This month I was supposed to have 6 different TF pre-orders show up. Roadbuster/Sky-Byte actually showed up early at the end of July but the rest.... well... Wheeljack 2 weeks ago got pushed back to Sept, Jetfire just got pushed back to Sept and the other 3 (Generations Deluxe series 4, Generations Legends series 3 & AD17 Dark Side Soundwave) have yet to make an appearance ;). If they end up getting pushed back too I'll be annoyed as I could have had my already huge POL shipped at the start of the month.

UltraMarginal
25th August 2014, 03:34 PM
I'm getting a tad irked with them. This month I was supposed to have 6 different TF pre-orders show up. Roadbuster/Sky-Byte actually showed up early at the end of July but the rest.... well... Wheeljack 2 weeks ago got pushed back to Sept, Jetfire just got pushed back to Sept and the other 3 (Generations Deluxe series 4, Generations Legends series 3 & AD17 Dark Side Soundwave) have yet to make an appearance ;). If they end up getting pushed back too I'll be annoyed as I could have had my already huge POL shipped at the start of the month.

There have been quite a lot of instances in the last couple years where the advertised street date for non-movie transformers product has been pushed back, it's not just BBTS that's suffering. At least when they do find out they change the expected release date most of the time. there are other stores that don't.

Sinnertwin
25th August 2014, 03:56 PM
Maybe thats not such a bad thing, Trev. Would those preorders have put you over the $1000 Customs limit?

BigTransformerTrev
25th August 2014, 07:26 PM
There have been quite a lot of instances in the last couple years where the advertised street date for non-movie transformers product has been pushed back, it's not just BBTS that's suffering. At least when they do find out they change the expected release date most of the time. there are other stores that don't.

Yeah true, but it's still annoying when they say 'August' for the entire month of August then right at the end change it to September. Surely they receive shipping info on what they will receive more than a day or two in advance :confused:

Maybe thats not such a bad thing, Trev. Would those preorders have put you over the $1000 Customs limit?

Na, I'm at about $600. Last year my big one was $943, though that was with shipping costs. Does the $1000 limit take into account how much the shipping costs and deduct it or do they simply go by the overall total?

Sinnertwin
25th August 2014, 07:36 PM
Na, I'm at about $600. Last year my big one was $943, though that was with shipping costs. Does the $1000 limit take into account how much the shipping costs and deduct it or do they simply go by the overall total?

Just the cost of the goods in Aussie dollars bud.

BigTransformerTrev
25th August 2014, 08:56 PM
Just the cost of the goods in Aussie dollars bud.

Ah - there ya go. Good to know :) As usual you are a most excellent font of info Sinner :D. Now if you can tell me how to get my toddler to go back into his sleep routine we'll be laughin ;)

Wonder why I didn't get hit up when I paid over a grand for an original G1 Fort Max on eBay then - maybe auction pieces work differently :confused:

UltraMarginal
26th August 2014, 11:00 AM
Wonder why I didn't get hit up when I paid over a grand for an original G1 Fort Max on eBay then - maybe auction pieces work differently :confused:

probably just lucky, I've had an early bbts box come though that worked out at about 1100 AU$ I think, and had no charges. There is probably some leeway with fluctuation of the dollar but if you were importing $1200 worth of stuff twice a week they'd certainly ping you for that. still it's better to be safe than sorry.

BigTransformerTrev
27th August 2014, 09:03 AM

Yeah true, but it's still annoying when they say 'August' for the entire month of August then right at the end change it to September. Surely they receive shipping info on what they will receive more than a day or two in advance :confused:

Well now they have pushed Generations 2014 Series 04 - Set of 4 back to September as well :( . That leaves 2 of the 6 of my preorders that were supposed to show up this month still listed as August. I'll be damn annoyed if the last 2 get pushed back at the last minute as well :mad:

1AZRAEL1
27th August 2014, 09:18 AM
Well now they have pushed Generations 2014 Series 04 - Set of 4 back to September as well :( . That leaves 2 of the 6 of my preorders that were supposed to show up this month still listed as August. I'll be damn annoyed if the last 2 get pushed back at the last minute as well :mad:

That Waspy wave? That makes a year delay for that wave. It's kinda good that it's delayed for me coz I have had no money to pay for them.

BigTransformerTrev
27th August 2014, 10:50 AM
That Waspy wave? That makes a year delay for that wave. It's kinda good that it's delayed for me coz I have had no money to pay for them.

Na, the Nightbeat, Windblade etc wave

1AZRAEL1
27th August 2014, 11:17 AM
Na, the Nightbeat, Windblade etc wave

Ah bugger. I'm waiting on them too. Just hope it doesn't end up like that waspy wave lol

Oh and the Waspy wave did get delayed again to September. That makes a year delay for them.

BigTransformerTrev
1st September 2014, 11:11 AM
Well Lost Age Soundwave is STILL listed as an August arrival so since there are only 3 hours left of the month in the US I'm guessing someone is standing outside their HQ in the dark waiting for the truck to arrive :p

Edit: it's now well into Sept 1st over there and still says August - time machine anyone? ;)

Bidoofdude
28th September 2014, 12:05 AM
Does anyone know from experience if BBTS leave a little leeway with your POL if you have your last items coming in the coming month? I'm worried I'll go over the limit and have it ship without Arcee, Swerve, Cosmos and Brainstorm. Also, on the subject of limits, does the 180 day thing start when the first item comes in stock or when you place you first preorder?

Golden Phoenix
28th September 2014, 12:19 AM
Does anyone know from experience if BBTS leave a little leeway with your POL if you have your last items coming in the coming month? I'm worried I'll go over the limit and have it ship without Arcee, Swerve, Cosmos and Brainstorm. Also, on the subject of limits, does the 180 day thing start when the first item comes in stock or when you place you first preorder?

The timer would start when something actually goes into your POL. It'd be silly to start the timer if there was nothing in the pile, especially if the pre-order is for something that won't be in stock for 5 months.

As the for extension, I swear I remember someone saying that they were about to hit the end of the 180 day limit on their POL and were just waiting on 1 wave of figures, the wave should have been there before the 180th day but due to a delay they weren't going to be. I'm pretty sure they emailed them and asked for an extension because had the figures come in as expected they would have already shipped the POL.

I don't know if they got the extension or not though, but it would be worth a shot.

Bidoofdude
28th September 2014, 11:27 AM
The timer would start when something actually goes into your POL. It'd be silly to start the timer if there was nothing in the pile, especially if the pre-order is for something that won't be in stock for 5 months.

As the for extension, I swear I remember someone saying that they were about to hit the end of the 180 day limit on their POL and were just waiting on 1 wave of figures, the wave should have been there before the 180th day but due to a delay they weren't going to be. I'm pretty sure they emailed them and asked for an extension because had the figures come in as expected they would have already shipped the POL.

I don't know if they got the extension or not though, but it would be worth a shot.

I'll shoot them an email. Hopefully there aren't too many orders of Swerve/Cosmos and Brainstorm to fill. I'm a bit worried about Arcee, as I only got the single figure.

Bidoofdude
31st October 2014, 08:18 PM
Getting pretty worried and pissed at BBTS (though it's not really their fault). My POL has to ship on November 18th at the latest because they apparently go over the 180 day limit, while I still need to get in the following items, all set to come in this month.

-Generations Deluxe Arcee (This will probably just make it, it's been out for a while now)
- Generations Legends Cosmos/Swerve- Why the hell is this taking so long? They've been going to the next month since May.
- Generations Voyager Brainstorm (I expected this, he's estimated for release in Asia this month
- Generations Deluxe Rattrap- Set to come in 4th quarter, but I don't know why this is taking so long either. He's been going up by months since his release.

BBTS are putting me in a tight spot here. If I ship what I have, then I'll only have a small POL of the listed above toys and I probably can't afford to ship them like that, unless I add more stuff from 2015. Haven't other people had their POL time stretched REALLY far for more than a year?

If these items don't come in by the time the POL ships, I'm strongly considering moving to a different store, as I'm already considering getting the first 2015 waves from RK to save.

Here's the email I received:
"Hello Ryan,
Thank you for your email, unfortunately we are unable to hold Loot orders beyond 180 days. I do know that some of these figures are currently inbound and should be here before that time but in case all things are not here before then you are able to start a new Loot should everything not arrive in a timely manner. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.
Have a great day!"

They seem pretty confident that they'll get them in before the POL ships, so I hope they keep their word.

millhouse
31st October 2014, 08:36 PM
Getting pretty worried and pissed at BBTS (though it's not really their fault). My POL has to ship on November 18th at the latest because they apparently go over the 180 day limit, while I still need to get in the following items, all set to come in this month.

-Generations Deluxe Arcee (This will probably just make it, it's been out for a while now)
- Generations Legends Cosmos/Swerve- Why the hell is this taking so long? They've been going to the next month since May.
- Generations Voyager Brainstorm (I expected this, he's estimated for release in Asia this month
- Generations Deluxe Rattrap- Set to come in 4th quarter, but I don't know why this is taking so long either. He's been going up by months since his release.

BBTS are putting me in a tight spot here. If I ship what I have, then I'll only have a small POL of the listed above toys and I probably can't afford to ship them like that, unless I add more stuff from 2015. Haven't other people had their POL time stretched REALLY far for more than a year?

If these items don't come in by the time the POL ships, I'm strongly considering moving to a different store, as I'm already considering getting the first 2015 waves from RK to save.

Here's the email I received:
"Hello Ryan,
Thank you for your email, unfortunately we are unable to hold Loot orders beyond 180 days. I do know that some of these figures are currently inbound and should be here before that time but in case all things are not here before then you are able to start a new Loot should everything not arrive in a timely manner. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.
Have a great day!"

They seem pretty confident that they'll get them in before the POL ships, so I hope they keep their word.

I never understand people complaining about BBTS POL service. They hold potentially a giant box of your shit for half a year, and people want it held longer. BBTS aren't responsible if Hasbro short ship them, or if something isn't released on time.

This is coming from someone who has a POL on the go almost all the time (yeah, I didn't enjoy the POL charge for a Funko ReAction figure, but what can you do? It was the first item to come off pre-order).

Bidoofdude
31st October 2014, 10:38 PM
I never understand people complaining about BBTS POL service. They hold potentially a giant box of your shit for half a year, and people want it held longer. BBTS aren't responsible if Hasbro short ship them, or if something isn't released on time.

This is coming from someone who has a POL on the go almost all the time (yeah, I didn't enjoy the POL charge for a Funko ReAction figure, but what can you do? It was the first item to come off pre-order).

The holding is fantastic, which is why I'm still with them. I (I don't know about anyone else) plan what I'm going to get within a certain POL to have a decent shipping amount for items. Inaccurate (though not at the fault of BBTS) preorder dates have mucked up the schedule. Products usually get in months after the scheduled date. I don't plan on making another POL earlier next year, unless the savings compared to RK for shipping are that much cheaper.

I would rather that BBTS underestimate their preorder dates to earlier, so people aren't left in the dust if an item comes later than anticipated. The service is great. It's not perfect. Though it may not be Big Bad Toy Store's fault for delays in products, they can try to combat it by providing more realistic expectations.

BigTransformerTrev
2nd November 2014, 07:25 PM
My Lost Age Soundwave was supposed to show up in August. My pre-order for him still says 'October' even though it's November :confused:

Not a single one of my 5 Oct pre-orders showed up. And my The Tick & Power Girl mags are nearly a YEAR behind now :(

I really like BBTS, but I wish they were as accurate with the arrival estimates as HLJ

millhouse
2nd November 2014, 07:38 PM
I really like BBTS, but I wish they were as accurate with the arrival estimates as HLJ

I think you'll find that comes down to Japanese businesses vs US businesses (meaning suppliers, not retailers).

It's great when they have actual release dates like the Takara MP figures!

Bidoofdude
15th November 2014, 10:41 AM
After contacting BBTS about whether I should release my POL (as I was unsure on whether Arcee and/or Brainstorm would come in before automatic shipping date), I got a reply saying that they are able to extend it until the 1st of December.

That's excellent customer service and hopefully the items will come in before this time. :)

M-bot
15th November 2014, 01:05 PM
After contacting BBTS about whether I should release my POL (as I was unsure on whether Arcee and/or Brainstorm would come in before automatic shipping date), I got a reply saying that they are able to extend it until the 1st of December.

That's excellent customer service and hopefully the items will come in before this time. :)

That's a great outcome. Hopefully that also means they are expecting those items to drop before December - my POL is waiting for those to arrive before I ship, even though I've got a few more months up my sleeve before my shipping deadline.

Golden Phoenix
28th November 2014, 04:34 PM
So the Windblade I got from BBTS came with 2 right hand shoulder pads. Since the shoulder pads are side specific, it hindered movement.

Emailed BBTS, they are sending out a left hand shoulder pad. Gotta love good customer service.

serialmonkey
31st December 2014, 08:46 AM
Anyone else in the situation where MP22 Magnus is still sitting in their preorder list despite it being available for sale on the front page ?

Cancel that, just impatient ! Dropped into POL now

M

BigTransformerTrev
10th March 2015, 09:37 AM
I just got this message from BBTS:

Hello,

We have been unable to contact Shocker Toys regarding the SHK10075 Indie Spotlight Series 02 The Tick Preview Figure (LE 1000). We have therefore made the decision to cancel our preorders since Shocker Toys continues to be unresponsive and may never fulfill our order. We understand the frustration of waiting so long for an item only to find out your order will not be fulfilled and apologize for this outcome.

We truly appreciate your understanding and thank you for your continued business.

Sincerely,

BBTS Customer Care

It's freakin annoying as I've had that pre-order sitting there since Dec 2013! And every month they said it will arrive then near the end of the month changed it to the next month.

I could have bought this figure a million other places between now and then :mad:

M-bot
10th March 2015, 10:38 AM

Hello,

We have been unable to contact Shocker Toys regarding the SHK10075 Indie Spotlight Series 02 The Tick Preview Figure (LE 1000). We have therefore made the decision to cancel our preorders since Shocker Toys continues to be unresponsive and may never fulfill our order. We understand the frustration of waiting so long for an item only to find out your order will not be fulfilled and apologize for this outcome.

We truly appreciate your understanding and thank you for your continued business.

Sincerely,

BBTS Customer Care

It's freakin annoying as I've had that pre-order sitting there since Dec 2013! And every month they said it will arrive then near the end of the month changed it to the next month.

I could have bought this figure a million other places between now and then :mad:

Reading this (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shocker_Toys), I'm not very surprised that they've been cancelled, and it may not be BBTS's fault. But I hate hate HATE their habit of giving predicted release dates and pushing them back, month after month ad nauseum. Too inaccurate too often. Very difficult when you're planning to ship a POL but waiting patiently for something you expect very soon that doesn't come in a timely manner.

Golden Phoenix
10th March 2015, 12:10 PM
Reading this (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shocker_Toys), I'm not very surprised that they've been cancelled, and it may not be BBTS's fault. But I hate hate HATE their habit of giving predicted release dates and pushing them back, month after month ad nauseum. Too inaccurate too often. Very difficult when you're planning to ship a POL but waiting patiently for something you expect very soon that doesn't come in a timely manner.

I'm pretty sure they use the dates given to them by the suppliers. So if it gets pushed back it is due to the suppliers being late delivering the product.

If anything it shows they are a little optimustic with these things and that they may be at the bottom of the priority list with many suppliers.

M-bot
10th March 2015, 01:32 PM
I'm pretty sure they use the dates given to them by the suppliers. So if it gets pushed back it is due to the suppliers being late delivering the product.

If anything it shows they are a little optimustic with these things and that they may be at the bottom of the priority list with many suppliers.

I can accept that, to a degree, but in Trev's case, something pushed back every single month for over a year, when I suspect one could reasonably assume it wasn't ever going to happen, is a bit too much. Why not just say "we don't know when it's coming, or even IF it's coming"? People are more likely to be forgiving for things when they feel informed. As it stands, I have a tough time believing *any* claim of timeliness from BBTS on any product, after being jacked around a few times myself.

Perhaps they are misinformed by suppliers, or get product later than anticipated in some cases. No one is forcing them to pass on that information to their customers, or in fact give some information that is wrong and not doing much to correct it when it becomes apparent it is wrong.

Overall, I should say that BBTS still remains my preferred supplier for Hasbro products, their POL is fantastic, shipping is pretty good, and despite my (and Trev's) grievances, the customer care after purchase is pretty good.

I'm curious as to whether you'll continue to use them after this Trev?

BigTransformerTrev
10th March 2015, 02:15 PM
I'm curious as to whether you'll continue to use them after this Trev?

I live in the bush where the nearest town only has a 'grade c ' Target (meaning they are small and don't get a lot in that other Targets do) and the Toyworld restocks about every 2 years. This means I do the vast majority of my TF shopping online and the POL provided by BBTS means I can't really afford to see the back of them.

I will however be emailing them about a Power Girl mag with figure that I've had in order for just as long, it's getting a bit ridiculous :mad:

BigTransformerTrev
4th April 2015, 12:02 PM

Hello,

Sincerely,

BBTS Customer Care

And now they have cancelled my Darkside Soundwave that once again they have said every month will turn up and they've been doing that since last July :mad:

DELTAprime
15th July 2015, 02:52 PM
I'm a little surprised that I pressed "ship" on my POL yesterday and BBTS didn't ship it last night. Normally they are Johnny on the spot with their shipping.

UltraMarginal
15th July 2015, 04:01 PM
I'm a little surprised that I pressed "ship" on my POL yesterday and BBTS didn't ship it last night. Normally they are Johnny on the spot with their shipping.

That's been fairly common for the last year or two now, I think they just process so much stuff that they can't turn everything around in a day. I have had to wait a day or 3 for my last few POL shipments.

prjkt
15th July 2015, 04:46 PM
My longest is a six day wait for Express from them... Almost to the point it was supposed to have arrived before they had gotten around to sending

UltraMarginal
15th July 2015, 05:00 PM
they don't make any promises about the time spent in warehouse as far as I recall. only that once shipped it takes x number of business days depending on method of shipment.

I've never had a late shipment once they've shipped it. ever.

BigTransformerTrev
27th August 2015, 08:19 AM
Got an email last night that they are expecting CW Leader Starscream in the next 10 days. They must have been getting a lot of annoyed queries about it and this is to placate people.

With the exchange rate the way it is I'm happy for them to take as long as they need :rolleyes:

Sinnertwin
27th August 2015, 12:07 PM
Got an email last night that they are expecting CW Leader Starscream in the next 10 days. They must have been getting a lot of annoyed queries about it and this is to placate people.

With the exchange rate the way it is I'm happy for them to take as long as they need :rolleyes:

yah got the same email... which is odd as TF are the only 10 day reminder emails that i get apart from their spam/advertising

Paulbot
27th August 2015, 01:10 PM
I got a ten day notice last night, but for MP-18B Masterpiece Bluestreak.

My last pile of loot arrived quite quickly today.

UltraMarginal
27th August 2015, 03:12 PM

My last pile of loot arrived quite quickly today.

That's quite a bummer.

Sinnertwin
30th August 2015, 03:04 PM
preorders up for 11T.@$199 UsD Im not even going to bother linking

BigTransformerTrev
1st September 2015, 08:55 AM

yah got the same email... which is odd as TF are the only 10 day reminder emails that i get apart from their spam/advertising

I only ordered Blackjack yesterday (wanted a 2nd one so I can have one attached to Menasor and one individual) and then last night got a 10 day notice for it as well.

BigTransformerTrev
9th September 2015, 09:45 AM
A bit odd. I've been ordering from BBTS for years now and it's always the same. Click 'ship' on your POL, then it spends about half a day marked as 'paid and entering to enter the warehouse', then 2 days in the 'warehouse', then gets shipped.

This time it spent four days as 'paid and currently waiting to enter the warehouse' then went straight to 'shipped'. Must've been a glitch or something.

BigTransformerTrev
18th September 2015, 01:12 PM
This time it spent four days as 'paid and currently waiting to enter the warehouse' then went straight to 'shipped'. Must've been a glitch or something.

At least it got here quick, took about 9 days with the cheapest shipping option :)

BigTransformerTrev
24th September 2015, 09:10 AM
My Lost Age Soundwave was supposed to show up in August. My pre-order for him still says 'October' even though it's November :confused:

Not a single one of my 5 Oct pre-orders showed up. And my The Tick & Power Girl mags are nearly a YEAR behind now :(

Well this post was from about 10 months ago. As for the 3 mentioned figures:

DS Soundwave - Cancelled in Januray :(
The Tick: Cancelled in May :(
Power Girl: Just cancelled after two years waiting :mad:

But of course they send me constant email updates for other toys from those lines - thinking at the moment that BBTS can go fornicate itself :mad:

1AZRAEL1
24th September 2015, 09:22 AM
That does suck Trev.

With the current exchange rate, I think I will hold off on buying from them for the time being. Ordered 3 figures from them, has cost $380. It's just not viable atm.

Seraphim Prime
5th May 2016, 05:54 PM
Had a Pile of Loot hit the automatic ship 180 day limit.

This is only the second time this has happened, and a smaller lot than the first time.

Sadly the shipping therefore ended up quite expensive across all the items, and made it more expensive than if I had bought a RRP at brick & mortar stores.

Looks like I'll be staying focused on domestic purchases only from now on.

Golden Phoenix
6th May 2016, 12:29 PM
Had a Pile of Loot hit the automatic ship 180 day limit.

This is only the second time this has happened, and a smaller lot than the first time.

Sadly the shipping therefore ended up quite expensive across all the items, and made it more expensive than if I had bought a RRP at brick & mortar stores.

Looks like I'll be staying focused on domestic purchases only from now on.

Damn. You really have to max out the pile to make it worth it with the exchange rates being what they are.

BigTransformerTrev
3rd July 2016, 08:11 AM
It turns out id forgotten to change my credit card details on file with BBTS. So every time a preorder has come in since mid-May they've put it in my POL still but put a charge alert notice on that was never sent to my email.

So when I logged in to BBTS for the first time in two months yesterday I had $329US in charges waiting to be paid :eek::eek::eek:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek:

BigTransformerTrev
10th July 2016, 06:17 PM
It turns out id forgotten to change my credit card details on file with BBTS. So every time a preorder has come in since mid-May they've put it in my POL still but put a charge alert notice on that was never sent to my email.

So when I logged in to BBTS for the first time in two months yesterday I had $329US in charges waiting to be paid :eek::eek::eek:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek:

Geez - first this now the order has been in 'the warehouse' for over a week! :eek::mad:

HLJ usually gets their warehouse orders gathered and shipped within a few hours - BBTS could learn a lesson from them

davieanix
13th July 2016, 03:48 PM
Little frustrated. I had my order stay in the warehouse for like a week also, but then I got the notification that it had shipped on July 7th. Well, it was only yesterday that the USPS site showed the tracking, and the shipment information had only just been accepted. So that's nearly another week delayed on top of the initial warehouse delay.

Unless, fingers crossed, there is an issue with the tracking and it actually turns up like today or tomorrow (meaning it actually did get shipped on the 7th), I'm pretty bummed. More than likely it will be Monday or something though =(

BigTransformerTrev
25th May 2017, 10:37 AM
Got an email saying MP Dirge should be in within the next 10 days.

Last time I got an email like that from them about a TF toy it was a 2 month wait so I'm not putting much stock in it :rolleyes:

Omega Metro
11th June 2017, 09:48 AM
BBTS have just had a full site redesign!:mad: GRRRRRRRRR!!!!

CHILENO20
11th June 2017, 09:58 AM
wowsers :eek:

BigTransformerTrev
11th June 2017, 10:39 AM

wowsers :eek:

I note they have reduced their POL time to 90 days which sucks.

However you can cancel items you have paid for and are in your POL ip to 7 days afterwards which is kinda nifty.

Sinnertwin
11th June 2017, 10:39 AM
Does look swish on the mobile.

I was looking for Black Convoy to see if anyone had canned their p/o.
I saw it, clicked and thought "Yeah, boooiiiii" but when I clicked on it, I was informed that it was sold out. I thought here we go, not another site where I have to click on the item... Then I discovered the filter and all was good in the land.

Fin.

Sinnertwin
11th June 2017, 05:42 PM
i'm liking this new layout now that I can take it for a propah test drive on the laptop.
I don't have an issue with the 90 day POL & yeah, the paying shipping later situation is a bit of a pain in the arse -I liked knowing up front what it would cost and how much difference an item or two would make- but all in all, not bad.

BigTransformerTrev
15th June 2017, 08:54 AM

Well now I'm hating it too :mad:

Tried to preorder Seaspray and they said my old password was not strong enough for their new site. So redid the password I've had with them for 7 years and tried to log in. It kept coming up 'Oh no, an issue has occurred with our site, please try again later'.

Tried again 20 minutes later and by then Seaspray was sold out :(

CHILENO20
15th June 2017, 05:18 PM
Ouch!

Omega Metro
18th August 2017, 09:36 AM
Has anyone ever NOT have their preorder fulfilled? I preordered TLK Nitro/Scorn back in June and have since discovered that they have sold out and won't be getting more. My order is still sitting in my preorders without any notification. Not happy as I can't find these anywhere at a decent price now.:mad:

Kranix
24th December 2017, 12:44 AM
Does anyone know the sort of timeframe it takes to ship from BBTS to Sydney using their basic shipping? This form of shipping has no tracking.

Joshy
24th December 2017, 03:53 AM
Does anyone know the sort of timeframe it takes to ship from BBTS to Sydney using their basic shipping? This form of shipping has no tracking.

I used the basic shipping for last 3 orders in the last month. All had a tracking number when I went into the order details on the site. I think they were 2-3weeks from order to door. Deff not the fastest service.

Kranix
25th December 2017, 07:26 PM
I used the basic shipping for last 3 orders in the last month. All had a tracking number when I went into the order details on the site. I think they were 2-3weeks from order to door. Deff not the fastest service.

Thanks for the reply, my order did say no tracking but below says Fedex Fims premium with a tracking number but unfortunately the tacking number doesn't work so I have no idea where the package is currently. Its been a month so far but it is Christmas so may have been caught up.

BigTransformerTrev
18th May 2018, 08:01 PM
Ive got notice that an order of mine, under the new 60-day rather than 6-month rule, that the first of my orders needs to be shipped in the next 10 days.

I'll be really damn annoyed if that ends up happening. BBTS is a bit infamous for giving overly-optimistic stocking dates and I've been waiting a full month for my Unicronus Rodimus to come in. If their arrival date turns out to be wrong I'll be kicking up a fuss with them and no mistake if I have to do two separate shipments because they didn't get a toy in when they promised :rolleyes:

ZoonMaster5000
18th May 2018, 09:26 PM

Ive been using their sal shipping method alot lately like Kranix said it usually takes 2-3 weeks and its well packed so no problems there.

BigTransformerTrev
31st May 2018, 11:58 AM
Ive got notice that an order of mine, under the new 60-day rather than 6-month rule, that the first of my orders needs to be shipped in the next 10 days.

I'll be really damn annoyed if that ends up happening. BBTS is a bit infamous for giving overly-optimistic stocking dates and I've been waiting a full month for my Unicronus Rodimus to come in. If their arrival date turns out to be wrong I'll be kicking up a fuss with them and no mistake if I have to do two separate shipments because they didn't get a toy in when they promised :rolleyes:

And surprise, surprise - on May 30th they still had Unicronus Rodimus listed as arriving in May. Now its May 31st they have changed it to June. And since my other items have '0' days before shipping left I have to get them sent. :mad:

It's the one thing that annoys me year after year with BBTS - I don't know why I keep believing their estimates - they always turn out to be BS :mad:

UltraMarginal
31st May 2018, 12:40 PM
And surprise, surprise - on May 30th they still had Unicronus Rodimus listed as arriving in May. Now its May 31st they have changed it to June. And since my other items have '0' days before shipping left I have to get them sent. :mad:

It's the one thing that annoys me year after year with BBTS - I don't know why I keep believing their estimates - they always turn out to be BS :mad:

I have heard from multiple suppliers over the years that their estimates are those provided by their sources, often the manufacturer/Hasbro. They aren't often given updates until it's too late. I've seen this on other big sites like Robot Kingdom as well.

I totally get that doesn't help us, the consumer, when we're trying to stack items into a shipment to save on postage. I've been stung a few times myself.
One of my favourite things about BBTS was the extreme Pile of Loot Period, having it be only 2 months instead of 6 doesn't help with their appeal to folks like us. they must have been renting a second warehouse to hold all their POL product.

BigTransformerTrev
14th June 2018, 08:19 AM
I’ve hit up BBTS for more info about their practices regarding the GST and got the following response:

Hello Trevor,
Thank you for the follow up and I will be happy to explain. We will continue to ship to Australia, but these new tax laws will be in place on that date. We should be sending out a more formal, mass notice about this change in the coming days but from what I understand the GST will be collected on our end and then provided to your government inevitably. If you would prefer to alleviate this tax burden on any items that are currently in your Pile of Loot already or any orders you place prior to July 1st, we do suggest shipping them any time before that deadline, otherwise that merchandise will be taxed upon shipping it.

I have summed up responses for you as well below:
*Will future purchases have GST charged on each individual item as they drop into my POL?
Any items purchased on July 1st and beyond will be subject to GST tax. Please note we do not collect applicable tax and shipping until you release your Pile of Loot items, so you would be taxed at that time.

*If not, will GST be charged on the overall cost of my POL when shipped? Or is there a standard fee for every package, no matter its cost?
From what we understand any products with a value of less than $1,000 will be subject to GST. This means that you could ship various items valuing $2,000 in merchandise but all of it would be taxed. It is my understanding that a single item that costs more than that, will NOT be subject to GST.

*Will GST be charged also on the cost of shipping itself?
Yes, just like the merchandise, your government will be assessing GST on shipping expense as well.

This unfortunate law will definitely be an inconvenience for our customers in Australia, however, the good news is that we will continue doing our best to provide you with collectibles going forward. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance in the meantime and have a great day!

Now obviously the bloke doesn’t quite understand the new laws, since of course we WOULD get charged GST on an individual $2000 item, but since I don’t know the ins and outs of the US tax system I don’t expect them to understand ours. I’ll be hitting them up again about whether we would get still get charged GST if we have an Aussie billing address but an American postal address, as perhaps for us with US friends that would post stuff on, it may be a way around these bastard new laws.

BigTransformerTrev
24th December 2018, 06:46 PM
Now obviously the bloke doesn’t quite understand the new laws, since of course we WOULD get charged GST on an individual $2000 item, but since I don’t know the ins and outs of the US tax system I don’t expect them to understand ours.

Well obviously there Customer Service department remain as ignorant as ever. 6 months ago they were giving me info about the new GST system that even I knew was wrong. Now they don't have a clue about postage!

Tried to convince me, at the 10 day mark of waiting for my express package, that the reason I had not received any tracking updates was that the updates halt when making their way through Aussie customs and my item would be there. However I got an update at the 12 day mark saying that the item had finally left the US. So it wasn't even in our country yet :rolleyes:

I know that the CS department for an online toy store isnt going to comprise the greatest of minds, but they could at least occasionally get something right. :rolleyes:

The annoying thing is, I put the order in in plenty of time for it to reach me for Xmas. Yet it took BBTS 3 days to even process and post the order (HLJ does within the hour) and then their '9 to 12 business days' amounted to squat as it took 11 days for it even to leave their shores. So much for the value of paying for the top level of express international postage :(

DELTAprime
25th December 2018, 10:26 PM
Back when I used BBTS their CS was top notch and they shipped orders within a day. How things have gone downhill for them.

It's getting to the point where there are very few TF retailers I will use anymore.

BigTransformerTrev
27th December 2018, 02:11 PM
Back when I used BBTS their CS was top notch and they shipped orders within a day. How things have gone downhill for them.

It's getting to the point where there are very few TF retailers I will use anymore.

Oh I replied to their email telling them all the info they told me was completely incorrect. I got another email back from them, with zero acknowledgement that they had got it wrong, and in fact telling me that mailing times were only estimates (and directing me to a very obscure page of theirs I'm sure noone has ever read) and I should have known that.

In fact they finished it off with 'If you want items by Christmas you should have ordered them to be mailed in November' :eek::mad:

drifand
27th December 2018, 07:53 PM
Oh I replied to their email telling them all the info they told me was completely incorrect. I got another email back from them, with zero acknowledgement that they had got it wrong, and in fact telling me that mailing times were only estimates (and directing me to a very obscure page of theirs I'm sure noone has ever read) and I should have known that.

In fact they finished it off with 'If you want items by Christmas you should have ordered them to be mailed in November' :eek::mad:

Thats a bit rude from them. I always thought they were top notch in customer service.

Sinnertwin
28th December 2018, 08:29 PM

That is pretty piss poor on their part.
Perhaps the Xmas rush has gotten to them? I've had the odd abrupt cust serv rep when I've had to deal with them.
How were your interactions like during the slower periods through the year?

GoktimusPrime
29th December 2018, 10:39 PM
I just ordered a toy from them -- although it's a double purchase because I previously ordered the same toy from TBI but I'm rapidly losing faith in them so I've ordered the same thing from BBTS as backup.

Bidoofdude
30th December 2018, 11:14 PM
I just ordered a toy from them -- although it's a double purchase because I previously ordered the same toy from TBI but I'm rapidly losing faith in them so I've ordered the same thing from BBTS as backup.

If you’re going for on time preorders, BBTS is the worst place to go. I’m still waiting on my Sludge and Snarl to ship my POL, and they were supposed to come in August/September.

Sinnertwin
30th December 2018, 11:29 PM
If you’re going for on time preorders, BBTS is the worst place to go. I’m still waiting on my Sludge and Snarl to ship my POL, and they were supposed to come in August/September.

Oh, there's far worse out there...

But... I've been waiting 2.5 years for an order to be filled.
HLJ were at least kind enough to inform me that the item in question had been discontinued by the manufacturer. BBTS on the other hand keep pushing the date out month after month...

https://i.imgur.com/Cr7BOVL.jpg

BigTransformerTrev
8th April 2019, 11:00 AM

My POL I've said to be shipped has been 'processing' for 5 days now :rolleyes:

Oh, there's far worse out there...

But... I've been waiting 2.5 years for an order to be filled.
HLJ were at least kind enough to inform me that the item in question had been discontinued by the manufacturer. BBTS on the other hand keep pushing the date out month after month...

https://i.imgur.com/Cr7BOVL.jpg

They did that to me with a The Tick statuette. Had it on order for 2 years before they said they wouldn't get it in. :rolleyes:

Honestly, between the GST, the low Aussie dollar and their often crap service I'd stop using them. But it often seems that out where I am it's the only way I'm going to get some figures. And at least they have never actually ripped me off or charged me for an item I've never received.

Sinnertwin
8th April 2019, 09:12 PM
Lol I just realized it'll be 3 years in May.
Something tells me I ain't getting it.

DELTAprime
8th April 2019, 09:21 PM
Lol I just realized it'll be 3 years in May.
Something tells me I ain't getting it.

Well, at least it's BBTS you're dealing with not PC.:p

BigTransformerTrev
23rd April 2019, 09:06 AM
Tried to convince me, at the 10 day mark of waiting for my express package, that the reason I had not received any tracking updates was that the updates halt when making their way through Aussie customs and my item would be there. However I got an update at the 12 day mark saying that the item had finally left the US. So it wasn't even in our country yet :rolleyes:

I know that the CS department for an online toy store isnt going to comprise the greatest of minds, but they could at least occasionally get something right. :rolleyes:

The annoying thing is, I put the order in in plenty of time for it to reach me for Xmas. Yet it took BBTS 3 days to even process and post the order (HLJ does within the hour) and then their '9 to 12 business days' amounted to squat as it took 11 days for it even to leave their shores. So much for the value of paying for the top level of express international postage :(

Friggin same thing has happened again! Says on their site 9 to 12 business days from their business to your house. And I've only just got the update after 15 days that it is finally leaving US shores. I'd email them and complain but considering what happened last time:

...I know I'll get the same runaround. Asked for my POL to be shipped a full fortnight before school holidays started here in NSW and I'll probably get my package a week after they have finished :(

Doesn't help it takes them 5 days to put together a small POL :rolleyes: Honestly, I used to sing this companies praises and I've been using them for a decade, yet now it seems all I do is bitch about them. My kingdom for TF's to be distributed properly here, or at least for there to be a reliable Aussie TF online store. Then I'd happily never use BBTS again.

Sinnertwin
23rd April 2019, 11:10 AM
I'm almost done with them too, my buying has decreased dramatically. With the exception of figures like the Generation Selects, I don't see myself ordering from them like I used to.

DELTAprime
30th November 2019, 04:46 PM
I asked for my POL to be shipped Wednesday last week. They shipped it at 2:39 am today (Saturday), which is actually Black Friday in America.

Good to see my order shipped, but I feel sorry for the poor bastard that had to ship it to me instead of being with friends and family on a public holiday.

Tha_Phantom
16th December 2019, 10:38 AM
Yeah, so I'm over BBTS now. They were good to me for a long time with not one single issue, but in the last year or so I've noticed that things take longer and longer to ship out (still waiting for a POL to ship out that I paid for last Tuesday). I'm also sick of not getting any notice for items before they're in stock, they used to be really good with letting you know 10 days prior but now I usually just wake up to a notification that I've been charged for an item, which is fine except I'm never sure of when is a good time to ship out a POL. Recently I shipped one out only to get a notification that I'd been charged for more preorders the next day. Had I known I would have waited an extra day to ship everything together.
I know this all sounds like first world problems, but they've dropped their standards from where they used to be, so I doubt I'll be ordering from them anymore. A couple of years ago I would have happily recommended them and told people that they are pricey but you get an exceptional service for your money. Now I can no longer say that the price is justified (I'm sure to some people it never was).

DELTAprime
21st December 2019, 03:02 PM
Either BBTS is under collecting GST or they are unable to fill out a customs declaration form correctly. Apparently, on my $60ish USD order I paid $1 GST. ?*??

I hope the ATO doesn't come knocking on my door saying I owe them GST.

drifand
21st December 2019, 04:09 PM
Either BBTS is under collecting GST or they are unable to fill out a customs declaration form correctly. Apparently, on my $60ish USD order I paid $1 GST. ?*??

I hope the ATO doesn't come knocking on my door saying I owe them GST.

ATO can only touch BBTS, it is none of your concerned if you paid only $1. They cant collect from you either, only from BBTS.