View Full Version : Target catalogue 8/12 - 14/12

jena
5th December 2011, 09:28 AM
TFs items:
Ultimate Optimus - $65 (save $54)
SWTF quad-changer - $59 (save $20)
Leader Bbee w/ Dlx Starscream - $79 (save $20) *
Cmdr + Leg 2-packs - $23 (save $6) *
*images of these two are mixed up in catalogue.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b190/boneyards/7a618e58.jpg

Just a quick screenshot from my phone for now, my Target have made quite a boo boo, getting the prices backwards on these two sets.

5FDP
5th December 2011, 09:39 AM
For $23 I'd pick up that leader Bumblebee :D

They'd have to honour that right?

Paulbot
5th December 2011, 10:05 AM

I didn't notice that as I was too busy being shocked by the $79 price on the Commander/Leader pack! :eek:

jena
5th December 2011, 12:36 PM

I'm quite sure they would have to honour it unless they put up a public notice or something stating the error.

Tallestblue
5th December 2011, 01:01 PM
Error shmerror, does Target have the collector Edition Buzz lightyear Back in stock!? SWEET!

griffin
5th December 2011, 02:01 PM
I think the last time they made that mistake (they showed an image of the Marvel Crossovers 2-pack on a sale listing of the single packs for $20), they removed all their 2-pack stock from the shelves until after the sale ended. Just to make sure they didn't loose money.

I'd imagine that if they pick up on the error, they would place a notice at the front of the store of the correction, and maybe even something at the toy section.

JuzMel
5th December 2011, 02:24 PM
Catalogue link here:

http://target.dynamiccatalogue.com.au/portal/dynamiccatalogue?CatalogueID=13219214241015&pageview=two&gotopage=1

Also says 20% Toys!

griffin
5th December 2011, 02:48 PM
Well, according to Target customer service - as long as a correction notice is not published in the papers or posted up in the store (at the entrance and/or toy section) before you go to the store, they have to honour the $23 price for the Bumblebee 2-pack. (if it scans up for $79)

So for those keen to take advantage of this, hope that Target don't find and fix it in the next three days.
(obviously, if the smaller set scans up for $79, you wouldn't be expected to pay that - and if they try to charge it, get them to search their system for it's regular price)

jaydisc
5th December 2011, 03:03 PM
I recall previous discussions (involving Tiby?) where this was clearly indicated as an "invitation to treat" and they are not required to honor it. This would not fall under the OPTIONAL scanning code of practice that many supermarkets offer.

adds
5th December 2011, 05:31 PM
Usually somewhere in the catalogue it says that pictures may differ from actual product.
So the fact that the description and the price line up, I think you would have a hard time getting them to honor it.

Unless of course you manage to get the right salesperson at the right time.. ;)

jena
8th December 2011, 01:28 PM
I was in Target this morning and I couldn't find any public notices anywhere.

Sutton
8th December 2011, 04:34 PM
I was tempted to give it a shot, but the more I thought about it, the more I realised I didn't want Leader BB, even for $23 and with a free Starscream...

UltraMarginal
8th December 2011, 05:23 PM
I was in Target this morning and I couldn't find any public notices anywhere.
Did you get one?

reillyd
8th December 2011, 09:19 PM
Two targets never received any stock, and the one target I visit that does has a retraction notice on the shelf. Gr.r....r.r...

bowspearer
9th December 2011, 12:15 AM
My Target also had a retraction notice. Oh well I was only going to get it and either resell it to buy toys for the Wishing Tree or donate it outright to the Wishing Tree anyway.

griffin
9th December 2011, 12:35 AM
I tried posting this from my phone during my meal break tonight, but it kept failing to send the post... wasn't happy.
Anyway, I wanted to say that on the way to work today, I stopped into the Browns Plains store and saw that they had a correction notice posted up in the toy section. BUT, they still got it wrong. Now they have specifically stated that the "Leader & Deluxe" set is $23, and the "Cyberverse" set is $79.... so now you should have a better chance of getting it cheap, because that's the words used by their computer systems - in other words, now you can actually challenge the price of an item reading "Leader & Deluxe" set when it scans up as $79. Just have a staff member or manager come over to the correction notice to verify that anything registering on their system as "Leader & Deluxe" set is to be $29, and then take one of the Bbee/Starscream sets to a scanner (if they don't have a hand-held one), and show them it's description and $79 price tag.

At least with the catalogue error, the descriptions were correctly matched to the prices (it was just the example photos that were mixed up, so would have been more difficult to challenge). Now that they have mixed up the actual descriptions/titles, they've got nothing now matching to the correct prices.

It's the same as when TRU has in their catalogue "Deluxe Mechtech" and had to honour the discount with their Scanning deluxes because their head office put the word "Mechtech" in the title of those 4 toys in their computer system (which is what they would say at the register and on the shelf tags).

Photo proof:

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/correction.jpg

I'm gonna try testing it out tomorrow or saturday.

jena
9th December 2011, 01:14 AM
Good luck testing it! I would, but I really don't want Leader Bumblebee or Starscream.

Hursticon
9th December 2011, 08:11 AM
Good luck testing it! I would, but I really don't want Leader Bumblebee or Starscream.

I damn want a Leader Class Starscream at $29! :eek::D
They're impossible to find around the Illawarra, the last time I saw one was on clearance for $89.90 at Kmart Warrawong about 7-8 Months ago. :confused::(

UltraMarginal
9th December 2011, 01:06 PM
I damn want a Leader Class Starscream at $29! :eek::D
They're impossible to find around the Illawarra, the last time I saw one was on clearance for $89.90 at Kmart Warrawong about 7-8 Months ago. :confused::(

I hate to burst your bubble dude but it's a leader bb packaged with a deluxe SS.

5FDP
9th December 2011, 01:12 PM
This has been tested out at two Sydney Targets today - one effort was a success! The other Target (Rouse Hill) argued that the image was for a similar but smaller Bumblebee which they did not have in stock.

I did not go myself - it was my wife and her sister, so I wasn't in a position to tell them that they were lying.

Either way, my son has a Leader Bumblebee for Xmas which cost a grand total of $23 :p

snaketales
9th December 2011, 04:08 PM
Was just at the Perth CBD Target... no sign of the Bee/Starscream pack but the cyberverse set was there with a shelf sticker saying "$23 as advertised".

reillyd
9th December 2011, 07:04 PM
My Target also had a retraction notice. Oh well I was only going to get it and either resell it to buy toys for the Wishing Tree or donate it outright to the Wishing Tree anyway.

What a lovely idea - giving toys for Christmas. I might pick up some legend pegwarmers and do that. Sometimes its hard to imagine a childhood WITHOUT toys when you're surrounded with so many.

Sutton
9th December 2011, 11:08 PM
I tried posting this from my phone during my meal break tonight, but it kept failing to send the post... wasn't happy.
Anyway, I wanted to say that on the way to work today, I stopped into the Browns Plains store and saw that they had a correction notice posted up in the toy section. BUT, they still got it wrong. Now they have specifically stated that the "Leader & Deluxe" set is $23, and the "Cyberverse" set is $79.... so now you should have a better chance of getting it cheap, because that's the words used by their computer systems - in other words, now you can actually challenge the price of an item reading "Leader & Deluxe" set when it scans up as $79. Just have a staff member or manager come over to the correction notice to verify that anything registering on their system as "Leader & Deluxe" set is to be $29, and then take one of the Bbee/Starscream sets to a scanner (if they don't have a hand-held one), and show them it's description and $79 price tag.

At least with the catalogue error, the descriptions were correctly matched to the prices (it was just the example photos that were mixed up, so would have been more difficult to challenge). Now that they have mixed up the actual descriptions/titles, they've got nothing now matching to the correct prices.

It's the same as when TRU has in their catalogue "Deluxe Mechtech" and had to honour the discount with their Scanning deluxes because their head office put the word "Mechtech" in the title of those 4 toys in their computer system (which is what they would say at the register and on the shelf tags).

Photo proof:

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/correction.jpg

I'm gonna try testing it out tomorrow or saturday.

God damn that is an epic fail! :D :D :D

I saw the retraction notice when I was in there this afternoon but didn't bother reading it too closely so not sure if it said the same or not. Will have to check when I go back in there tomorrow morning.

Decepticon
10th December 2011, 12:44 AM
Well, I tried one Target this morning with no luck. They would not budge!!:mad: Tried another this arvo and scored 2 at $23 each!! So tried another earlier on and got 4 at $23 each!! The first one was the only one that had the correction notice.

Mr Ed
10th December 2011, 08:47 AM
Well, I tried one Target this morning with no luck. They would not budge!!:mad: Tried another this arvo and scored 2 at $23 each!! So tried another earlier on and got 4 at $23 each!! The first one was the only one that had the correction notice.

What are you going to do with those 6 Leader / Deluxe? That's a fair bit of quantity.

Sutton
10th December 2011, 06:43 PM

Putting them under one of the charity kid's trees? You're a legend.

Scalping them on Ebay? DIAF. :D

Decepticon
10th December 2011, 07:25 PM
Ebay?......Thats a good idea!!

griffin
10th December 2011, 08:28 PM
Please people - limit taking advantage of this to just your own personal collections or for someone else (paying you what it cost you), or for donating them to the various Christmas appeals. Please don't just buy these to scalp them, as it will mean people wanting them might miss out on them, including actual children.

Mr Ed
10th December 2011, 08:54 PM
Bragging about these acts on a TF fan board may not be the way to make friends.

This forum is all about enjoying TFs, sharing knowledge and helping each other.

swoop
11th December 2011, 08:50 PM
I got the bumblebee/starscream pack from plenty valley target for $23 no probs:)

jena
14th December 2011, 08:46 AM
If anyone has a spare bb from this sale, I'd be keen to buy it (for the very same price you paid of course) to do a custom repaint.

LordCyrusOmega
14th December 2011, 09:04 AM
Target Shellharbour had the same retraction notice griffin posted in their Transformer section. However there are no Transformers on the shelves.

laijer
15th December 2011, 11:10 AM
My wife went into Target Waverley Gardens last night and they did not have any catalogue correction notices on the shelves or anywhere in the store. It scanned at $79 and she told the cashier it was advertised at $23. The cashier called someone on the phone to confirm the price and they approved the sale, then the manager overheard and intervened :mad:

snaketales
15th December 2011, 11:52 AM
Target Morley had the correction notice, but when I queried it with a staff member he called the manager who gave him the correct price. He did say the correction notice was badly worded.

GoktimusPrime
15th December 2011, 12:49 PM
Just to clarify a legal point here - as jaydisc and others have already touched upon - Target has two legal options here:

1. Sell the toy for the advertised price of $23, or...
2. Withdraw the items from sale, remove all the Bumblebee/Starscream Value Packs off the shelves, then put up a correction notice and then restock the shelves - as evidently some Targets have already done. After this has been done, then they can sell the toys for $79 each.

What Target cannot do is sell the toy for $79 prior to putting up a notice.

LordCyrusOmega
15th December 2011, 02:41 PM
2. Withdraw the items from sale, remove all the Bumblebee/Starscream Value Packs off the shelves, then put up a correction notice and then restock the shelves - as evidently some Targets have already done. After this has been done, then they can sell the toys for $79 each.

That's what they've done at Shellharbour Target. Left up the incorrect correction notice and pulled all the stock from the shelves. I mean there is nothing there.

laijer
15th December 2011, 03:00 PM
That's what they've done at Shellharbour Target. Left up the incorrect correction notice and pulled all the stock from the shelves. I mean there is nothing there.
They did not do that at Waverley Gardens, they had no correction notices and when my wife questioned the manager about where the notice was, she just said it was published in the newspapers... bullsh!t.

I've submitted a complaint through there online feedback page. I know nothing will eventuate out of it, but I'm hoping I can reciprocate the frustration and wasted time. :D

UltraMarginal
15th December 2011, 03:30 PM
They did not do that at Waverley Gardens, they had no correction notices and when my wife questioned the manager about where the notice was, she just said it was published in the newspapers... bullsh!t.

I've submitted a complaint through there online feedback page. I know nothing will eventuate out of it, but I'm hoping I can reciprocate the frustration and wasted time. :D

I would have asked to see a copy of the notice on the spot.

jaydisc
15th December 2011, 04:46 PM
Just to clarify a legal point here - as jaydisc and others have already touched upon - Target has two legal options here:

1. Sell the toy for the advertised price of $23, or...

What Target cannot do is sell the toy for $79 prior to putting up a notice.

This is not what I implied, nor does it match any interpretation of "invitation to treat" that I have read. Target can simply tell any person that tries to buy the item at that price that there was a mistake in the catalog. No withdrawal required. No public notice required. Nothing required.

I take it back. I'm wrong: http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/322984

GoktimusPrime
15th December 2011, 05:03 PM
I would have asked to see a copy of the notice on the spot.
^This.

Just speak in a calm voice -- pointing out that the catalogue shows a photo of the Value Pack for $23 <---stick to this. If they try to tell you that the prices have been erronously swapped around, just keep reminding them that the catalogue clearly shows a photo of the Value Pack with a $23 price tag. Then just sit back and be patient - give them time to properly examine the catalogue and the small photo of the toy and compare it with the actual toy in front of them. Let them call the toy section manager to come down and see for themselves. If they say anything, just keep telling them that the photo is the Value Pack and not any other kind of Bumblebee -- show them how the packaging is identical and you can even see Deluxe Starscream in the photo (because Cyberverse Bumblebee certainly doesn't come with Deluxe Starscream); in other words, just stick to the facts. They'll realise that you're correct and from that point they only have two options -- withdraw the item from sale or sell the toy to you at the advertised catalogue price.

In such instances if the staff choose to sell the toy to me for the advertised price, then I'm always mindful to be thank the staff for allowing me that grace (remembering that they don't have to do that). If they decline the sale from me, then I just say something like, "That's alright. Thanks anyway." and leave it at that - because they fully entitled to withdraw the item from sale if they want to.

laijer
15th December 2011, 05:23 PM
A displayed price published in a catalogue or advertisement that is incorrect, can be corrected by publishing a retraction to a similar circulation or audience to the original advertisement.

Even their catalogue online still had the incorrect price for the whole duration of the sale period and no notice of a retraction on their website. Surely, that alone would be a breach of it's fair trading obligations?

Their customer relations office is closed now, but come tomorrow, I'll be calling them up and hinting about "fair trading" and "ACCC" in my conversation complaint with them...

Anyway, my wife spoke with a friend that works at BigW and she said whenever there was a pricing mistake in their catalogue, they had to sell it at the advertised price until a correction notice was put up on the shelf of the item and on all their checkout registers. But that is just the BigW policy on this.

I'm always mindful to be thank the staff for allowing me that grace (remembering that they don't have to do that). If they decline the sale from me, then I just say something like, "That's alright. Thanks anyway." and leave it at that - because they fully entitled to withdraw the item from sale if they want to.
It's the people that kick up a big stink that usually wins out. I'm going to try that tactic tomorrow :D

Sutton
15th December 2011, 07:44 PM
He did say the correction notice was badly worded.

Well, no, it wasn't badly worded, it was astoundingly incorrect. They have stated for a fact instore that the correct price is $23. They have no leg to stand on except to withdraw all items from sale.

Failing that, they currently have signs everywhere saying they'll price match any toy price from any catalogue...so you could have got them on that.

Sutton
15th December 2011, 07:46 PM
And again, it's still a moot point - $23 is probably still too much to pay for that steroid-pumped POS.

You could buy half a FP Insecticon with that money...! :o

griffin
16th December 2011, 01:17 AM
The catalogue has ended now, so things can just get back to normal. (no need to fuss about this anymore, as they are no longer obligated to honour pricing or remove stock)

GoktimusPrime
16th December 2011, 09:33 AM
And again, it's still a moot point - $23 is probably still too much to pay for that steroid-pumped POS.

You could buy half a FP Insecticon with that money...! :o

I think $23 is^was a decent price to pay for Deluxe Starscream alone; if it happens to come with 'Roids Bee, then all the better. :D But yeah, it is a pretty ordinary Leader Class toy. :/

Sutton
17th December 2011, 05:50 PM
I think $23 is^was a decent price to pay for Deluxe Starscream alone; if it happens to come with 'Roids Bee, then all the better. :D But yeah, it is a pretty ordinary Leader Class toy. :/

There were some staggering decisions made in the DOTM line...Leader Bee being one of them. They nailed it pretty well with Battle Ops Bee, so not sure why they didn't retool that one...? Likewise, there was a fantastic Voyager Prime in ROTF, complete with Matrix, yet they decided to design a new POS that's a completely unplayable abomination. Boggles the mind. Adding to that, all of the toys were significantly smaller, which screws up displays considerably when mixing/matching between movies.

GoktimusPrime
18th December 2011, 09:20 AM
I guess they wanted to offer new designs to entice more people to buy them? As for the sizes, I heard that it might be because oil prices jumped up really high earlier this year (around the time these toys were being manufactured) - due to the emerging civil unrest in places like Egypt, Libya etc.

I personally don't find the size difference that bad though... the DOTM Voyagers still feel "compatible" with the Voyagers from the previous movie lines to me. It's not as bad as say, the ridiculous size differences between some Beast Machines Maximals :rolleyes: