PDA

View Full Version : Gen Warpath has been KOed

griffin
7th December 2011, 02:03 PM
On it's own, it would be tough to spot the fake, but next to a real Warpath, this one is noted to be smaller, by about 2cm shorter.
It is also being done in a grey version (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/buyer-beware-generations-warpath-ko/23369/), as well as the Hasbro maroon.
Be aware of this if you see a loose one on ebay that doesn't say it is a fake.

1AZRAEL1
7th December 2011, 05:03 PM
There are a number of differences, but that truly is annoying.

Hursticon
7th December 2011, 08:02 PM
I agree Azrael, but as it's a figure I've never had any intention of owning anyway it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would...

It'd still be nice to see the end of KO production, however unlikely it'd be. :o

UltraMarginal
7th December 2011, 08:47 PM
I agree Azrael, but as it's a figure I've never had any intention of owning anyway it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would...

It'd still be nice to see the end of KO production, however unlikely it'd be. :o

You should get one while they are still on the shelves here. it's a great figure. :D

there are some clear differences with the KO, apart from the colour, the missile launcher doesn't have a hole for the missile. easy to spot but for a parent it might be a bit harder. the molding is not as clean either, all the corners especially on the face are not as sharp.

Hursticon
7th December 2011, 09:03 PM
You should get one while they are still on the shelves here. it's a great figure. :D

Heh, that he is... but, I'm pretty satisfied with my Classics Legends Class Warpath :cool:; Azrael gave me a pretty hard sell on the Deluxe but unusually wasn't able to convince me. :p

GoktimusPrime
7th December 2011, 10:19 PM
It's quite obviously fake. I don't know if it's just the photography, but KO Warpath's face looks really bad. Also, some colours are different.

+ Gen Warpath's barrel is maroon, KO is gray
+ Gen Warpath's fists and upper legs are gray, maroon on KO
+ Deco on Gen Warpath's shins are silver, black on KO
+ Silver paint apps on KO Warpath's shoulders look like they were applied by a blindfolded chimp
+ Lower torso and waist on Gen Warpath are a combination of maroon, silver and Hasbro-Gray, principally dark gray on KO - gold accents applied differently (and sloppily) on KO too.
+ Missile launcher on KO appears to have completely disabled (looks "plugged up" - also no trigger)
+ KO lacks tampographed decos like Autobot logos, ZOW-333 & K4P0W

...there's various other noticeable differences too, but those are the most immediately obvious to me. One would have to be rather ignorant to mistake this toy for the real deal (not that it excuses making such counterfeits one iota).

But yeah as UltraMarginal said, this toy can still be readily found in some stores -- so people should grab 'em while they can if they want one. :)

kup
8th December 2011, 01:30 PM
Yeah this is an easy one to spot thankfully.