PDA

View Full Version : Thrustercracker

Slag
9th December 2011, 07:22 PM
Thought I better put my money where my mouth is.
I got my g1 thrust the other day so I thought I'd have a shot at copy of a pre-transformer that reillyd bought to our attention.
Still in the early days yet but I'll keep you posted.

Geminii
10th December 2011, 05:18 PM
Function: Exotic dancer?

GoktimusPrime
10th December 2011, 09:48 PM
Function: Exotic dancer?
^lol!! http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/Quagmire.gif

Slag
12th December 2011, 09:25 PM
Metro-sexual. aerobics oz style..
Metro??????cop??

I thought it looked a bit more patriotic over exotic dancer but after hearing it, exotic dancer will be high on the list of things to do, Right after..
Winnebago Prime. not sure of the function yet, but will have the ability to carry up to 6 retirees in relative comfort
and be able to reach remote camping locations, throughout Australia, in 14 days or under.

loophole
12th December 2011, 10:31 PM
looks like you just need some stickers for your thrustercraker and you'll be set

Slag
12th December 2011, 10:48 PM
Yep. ordered them through repro labels yesterday although found them heaps cheaper on ebay afterwards.
Of coarse an original Thrust is a heaps better colour scheme but It was good practice for me.

Hursticon
18th December 2011, 03:24 PM
Lookin' good Geiger, keep up the excellent work man - lookin' forward to seeing this one! :eek::cool:
(I wonder if it'll peak Rampagesss' interest? ;))

Slag
13th January 2012, 07:45 PM
Stickered up. finished for now! Could always change the body stickers and possibly canopy to suit the drawing but i don't think it would add much more to the look for the effort.

gamblor916
13th January 2012, 09:33 PM
That came out great!

loophole
13th January 2012, 11:11 PM
looks spot on

Hursticon
14th January 2012, 12:43 PM
Yep, that really did end up looking quite spot on and you've done an excellent job Geiger; Thrustercracker looks quite at home with Convertors: Omegatron too! :D:cool:
(The Reprolabel stickers really help nail it huh? ;):))

The contrast between the Red and Blue really does come off as something 80's USA Patriotic eh? - Perhaps that's why he was dropped as it didn't really come off as heavily "Decepticon", much like how many of the original Gobots paint schemes didn't pull of the whole "Renegade" thing either. :o
(Though admittedly with Gobots there was very little thought put into differentiation in general :rolleyes::p)

Thrustercracker is still really cool however. ;):cool:

Slag
15th January 2012, 04:26 PM
cheers heaps. I filled the wings and shortened the pins on the wings to more replicate the original one in the article. The only problem with this is ,in robot mode ,it gives you less scope to display the wings. They either have to be straight out or straight back. No angles or they fall out.