PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Prime season 1 DVD/BR in US March 2012

orionpax1
10th December 2011, 11:34 AM
Transformers prime season one to be released on bluray and dvd match next year. Amazon has a preorder up for it, hopefully we will get it out here.

griffin
10th December 2011, 08:18 PM
Details from here (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-prime-39/transformers-prime-season-1-bluray-and-dvd-set-announced-173928/).

TRANSFORMERS PRIME:
THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON

Featuring Over 10 Hours of Non-Stop Action,
Special Bonus Content and More!

THE COLLECTIBLE 4-DVD SET & LIMITED EDITION 4-DISC BLU-RAY COLLECTION
PACKED WITH A 96-PAGE GRAPHIC NOVEL

OWN IT ON MARCH 6, 2012 FROM SHOUT! FACTORY

Regular DVD version will be $30, while the Bluray version will be $65 (which includes the bonus comic). Both versions are said to have the bonus content, plus includes the 5-part Darkness Rising episodes (which were just released the other day).

(Looks like they waited until after the Darkness Rising DVD pre-orders were shipped, to make sure no one would cancel it and get this set instead.)

Tetsuwan Convoy
10th December 2011, 08:37 PM
So no comic on the dvd set then? Poop. I dont have a region free blu ray player. Good news that it actually the whole season though!! :D

fatbot
11th December 2011, 03:24 AM
excellent news, I won't bother with the disc that has just been released

Hursticon
18th December 2011, 04:22 PM
I'm glad they're releasing this and I can't wait, even if I already have the Digitally Relocated edition. ;):D

griffin
8th March 2012, 12:00 PM
The DVD & Bluray was released yesterday in America (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/reminder-transformers-prime-the-complete-first-season-on-bluray-and-dvd-today/24201/)... for those who pre-ordered, or are planning to import one.

Doubledealer
8th March 2012, 12:12 PM
I'd buy it ASAP if the PS3 was multi-region for DVD/BD's. :( Hope us Aussies get it in the near future! Interested to hear more about the special features, would be sweet to see what programs are used to render the models, hear from the team members etc. Pretty sweet deal with that 96 page comic book too!

I'm glad they're releasing this and I can't wait, even if I already have the Digitally Relocated edition

Haha, I too have been enjoying this fine edition. :D

Hursticon
11th March 2012, 12:25 AM
Haha, I too have been enjoying this fine edition. :D

I just wish the 2nd Season would be released in the same level of quality. :o

griffin
7th April 2012, 09:23 PM
Have now watched the DVD box set, and can detail what they are, in case the Australian release has the same extras.
There were only 3 extras:

- Making of TFPrime.
Talks a little about the creation of the series, but mostly has many of the Voice Actors talking about Transformers and TFPrime.

- The toys.
This was the more interesting bonus feature, as it talks about the characters in the cartoon... not really about the toys. From the people at Hasbro and cartoon producers, we learn that Ironhide was originally intended to be part of the main Autobot cast, but when they found out about his death in TF3, they swapped him out for Bulkhead, to prevent confusion from kids who might think it was the same character (musta been a really late change, as TFPrime was being developed early to mid-2010, so Ironhide's death in TF3 would have been something decided really early).
Plus, when deciding on a big bulky, brutish Decepticon, they were planning to use Lugnut, but later decided that they had too many aerial-mode Decepticons, and Lugnut had to have a flight mode, so they swapped him out with Breakdown.

- Season 2 Teaser.
This was just the short 5 second clip of Optimus/Orion getting his Decepticon "tattoo".

On a side note, I stumbled across this tonight (Aligned Continuity (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Aligned_continuity_family)), which might shed some light on the past and future of TFPrime... or at least, how everything currently is loosely linked together in some way. It is the "long term story strategy" that the Hasbro people had mentioned in the last 3 or 4 BotCons.

KalEl
8th April 2012, 05:59 PM
Have now watched the DVD box set, and can detail what they are, in case the Australian release has the same extras.
There were only 3 extras:

- Making of TFPrime.
Talks a little about the creation of the series, but mostly has many of the Voice Actors talking about Transformers and TFPrime.

- The toys.
This was the more interesting bonus feature, as it talks about the characters in the cartoon... not really about the toys. From the people at Hasbro and cartoon producers, we learn that Ironhide was originally intended to be part of the main Autobot cast, but when they found out about his death in TF3, they swapped him out for Bulkhead, to prevent confusion from kids who might think it was the same character (musta been a really late change, as TFPrime was being developed early to mid-2010, so Ironhide's death in TF3 would have been something decided really early).
Plus, when deciding on a big bulky, brutish Decepticon, they were planning to use Lugnut, but later decided that they had too many aerial-mode Decepticons, and Lugnut had to have a flight mode, so they swapped him out with Breakdown.

- Season 2 Teaser.
This was just the short 5 second clip of Optimus/Orion getting his Decepticon "tattoo".

On a side note, I stumbled across this tonight (Aligned Continuity (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Aligned_continuity_family)), which might shed some light on the past and future of TFPrime... or at least, how everything currently is loosely linked together in some way. It is the "long term story strategy" that the Hasbro people had mentioned in the last 3 or 4 BotCons.

very interesting

griffin
8th April 2012, 06:43 PM
The middle extra also mentioned that they originally planned to have Cliffjumper be a regular cast member for all of Season One, and to be killed off in the finale... by Megatron (who was only to make his first appearance at the end of the Season). But the Studio asked for a death in the first story, to emphasise the reality that anyone can die at ANY time. (a kinda dark and morbid theme to have established straight up in a kids cartoon)