PDA

View Full Version : Toy Review - DotM Dlx Lunarfire Optimus Prime

griffin
11th December 2011, 10:28 PM
(Please post photos, comments or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just brief details)

Toy Review - Lunarfire Optimus Prime
Series - Dark of the Moon
Sub-line - Mechtech
Size/class - Deluxe
New/remould/redeco - Redeco (with 1st Voyager Optimus' weapon)
Wave - n/a
Released here -November 2011 (Kmart exclusive - Walmart in US)
Approximate Retail Price - $16 ($13 in US)
Approximate Size - 15cm
Allegiance - Autobot
Alt-mode - Truck
Main Features/Gimmicks - Convertible Mechtech weapon
Main Colours - Blue, red, grey, gold
Main Accessories - Mechtech weapon

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/tftoys/excl2011a38.jpg

Sutton
12th December 2011, 08:01 PM
Saw this guy for $13 in Kmart the other day and was fairly tempted. Certainly a much better rendition of Prime than the Voyager or Ultimate versions. But the gastly gold colouring would have to go, and that's a lot of custom work with flames like that.

crankcase76
13th December 2011, 11:54 AM
already bought this TF fig and i must say it looks awesome with the gold flames gives O.p a vintage look.

Jinto
14th December 2011, 09:36 AM
Saw this guy for $13 in Kmart the other day and was fairly tempted. Certainly a much better rendition of Prime than the Voyager or Ultimate versions. But the gastly gold colouring would have to go, and that's a lot of custom work with flames like that.

Wow, $13. I saw him for $20 and thought it was a fairly good deal. Nice weapon.

Sutton
14th December 2011, 06:05 PM
Wow, $13. I saw him for $20 and thought it was a fairly good deal. Nice weapon.

Yeah, I regretted not getting him at the time. Even if he were only used as the base for a custom, it's a good deal.

Movie-verse Motormaster could be fun. The 'blocked in' look of the torse and shoulders could actually work fairly well. And then to try to connect up some scout sized cars...

Sutton
15th December 2011, 08:21 PM
Actually I was wrong, they had him back in stock yesterday and it was $15, not $13. Still a pretty good price for a Prime that absolutely sh-ts all over the staggeringly bad DOTM Voyager.

GoktimusPrime
19th December 2011, 09:35 PM
Please tell me... is this mould able to attach to 1984 G1 Optimus Prime's trailer?