PDA

View Full Version : Nexus Prime produced?

theheretic
16th December 2011, 05:17 PM
Did the Nexus Prime 3rd party toy ever get produced? I was looking it up before of the mastercollectors website and it sorta just stops mid production. That toy looks so good!

Sorry I know it's 3rd party but figure this was the spot to ask

MindsetOverhaul
17th December 2011, 06:42 PM
Did the Nexus Prime 3rd party toy ever get produced? I was looking it up before of the mastercollectors website and it sorta just stops mid production. That toy looks so good!

Sorry I know it's 3rd party but figure this was the spot to ask

while i'm not 100% on this myself, i think it was produced as a very limited run of resin casts, like the 50 science engineer kits only before they were released.
i'll find out, i know who to ask.

and close to this subject; Nova, Nexus and Nemesis are the same dude right?

theheretic
17th December 2011, 06:51 PM
Yeah I think that's right. With would any CAD's(or other 3d file type) would exist of this bad boy? I'd love to get my hands on a copy so I could make my own. It's a fantastic toy from what small amount of pictures I can find of it.

Edit: He's called Nova prime from mastercollectors

kaiden
17th December 2011, 11:49 PM
oh yeah that thing!

http://mastercollectors.blogspot.com/2009/12/background-history-on-work-on-nova.html

theheretic
18th December 2011, 11:06 AM
That's the one! Hadn't seen those blow apart pics before. While they would be very helpful in recreating the toy, the actual file would save many hours in auto cad trying to reverse engineer it.

Tetsuwan Convoy
18th December 2011, 03:41 PM
IIRC there was some talk about getting this made with the help of another 3rd party group. I thought that it was designed as a competition or something, or maybe even just a proof of concept? Man I can't remember all that well anymore.

All I do know is that it never happend and we are thus far toy-less. Shame really, as it looks incredibly nice and I would be interested, although there are a lot of pieces there, so I expect it would probably be incredibly expensive.

Although I see down the side of that blog posting it has a 'Nova is sold out' written there. Hrrm, interesting, limited to a 2 or 3 production run perhaps?

Just found a little Q+A on the Nova Commander here (http://mastercollectors.blogspot.com/2009/12/answers-to-nova-commander-queries.html)

kaiden
28th December 2011, 06:46 PM
basically they took orders for a resin release? because they couldn't afford to mass produce this and sold out of all orders they intended to fulfil but have since quietly died?

i do think a partnership with an established group like fansproject would help them get things off the ground and into production.

if people are willing to pay $600 for hercules, then they should be willing to pay $200-300 for nova.