PDA

View Full Version : New Takara/Tomy Generations images

Ode to a Grasshopper
23rd December 2011, 01:38 PM
Pics on TFW2005.com (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/japanese-transformers-40/official-images-of-upcoming-transformers-united-figures-174018/).

I wanted to get Thunderwing and Warpath, but it looks like they've removed the tampographs from Warpath's legs so I might try for the Hasbro version.:( Thunderwing looks about the same.

GoktimusPrime
25th December 2011, 08:56 AM
I wanted to get Thunderwing and Warpath, but it looks like they've removed the tampographs from Warpath's legs so I might try for the Hasbro version.:(
Warpath never English onomatopoeia like "Ka-pow!" and "Zowee!" in the Japanese dub; even then, they're written in one-three-three-seven-five-P-three-four-vertical_line-lessthan (13375P34|<) - which makes it even more confusing. So it's understandable that TOMY would remove them from their version.

Thunderwing looks about the same.
There's not really much for TOMY to do I suppose, considering that Thunderwing was never released in Takara's market during G1 (they got Black Shadow instead, which we never got in Hasbro markets). United Thunderwing finally gives many Japanese fans a chance to own this previously Hasbro-exclusive character without shelling a fortune for a G1 figure, and likewise Generations Sky Shadow gives Hasbro-market collectors a chance to own a Black Shadow on the cheap! (too bad Hasbro Australia has yet (ever?) to release Gen. Sky Shadow here)