PDA

View Full Version : I wanna burn my eyes out...

Slag
29th December 2011, 10:12 PM
Found this today after playing swapsies . Didn't buy it but had to borrow it to show. Feast your eyes on the $%!tness. It's a pity, I really need an apeface.
It's ok though, this one is licensed by HRSBRO.

VERT
29th December 2011, 10:44 PM
Umm thats a bad KO right. Your right you dont want that one

Im slow tonight yeah thats one funny Hasbro or should I say HRSBRO marking hahah

Slag
29th December 2011, 10:50 PM
Umm thats a bad KO right. Your right you dont want that one

Im slow tonight yeah thats one funny Hasbro or should I say HRSBRO marking hahah

Soooo bad. has be held to be believed. Plastic so thin . 1992? not sure what year a real apeface is stamped.

kup
29th December 2011, 11:22 PM
Apeface should be from 1987 - Headmaster era.

That is a very strange KO but at least it is obvious that it is one. I guess that there is some oddity value with it as the fake stamp is rather amusing.

Slag
30th December 2011, 01:49 AM
Apart from the K.O headmaster 10 planet master set thing, I had no idea there were any k.o headmasters (which is why I like em so damn much) I saw on a website they were going to produce a weirdwolf recently but i don't know if that got off the ground. (looks average anyway)
hsbro hrsbro and his'n'hrsbro.
how good is the detail on spasma's face. like someone did it with 1 dot from a paintpen

GoktimusPrime
30th December 2011, 08:03 AM
At least it's a very obvious fake. What you wanna be more careful of are the counterfeit toys that are difficult to distinguish from the originals -- people are more likely to get duped by those. :( :mad:

canofwhoopass_87
30th December 2011, 11:45 AM
Ha that's a very obscure find! Surely there can't be many of these floating around anywhere.

If you're ever keen on offloading it, there's a couple of nutters on tfw2005 that collect weird n wonderful vintage knock offs.

Omega Supreme
1st January 2012, 08:46 PM
Thanks for sharing the pics, always nice to get info on KOs floating about.

Bidoofdude
15th July 2012, 06:31 PM
At least there is some honest selllers who clearly say it's not legit. If only half the people actually read the whole listing or even the full title.

GoktimusPrime
15th July 2012, 08:48 PM
I don't know if the seller stated it, but this Apeface KO is so obviously fake that there's really no disclaimer necessary. ;) You'd have to be blind or incredibly ignorant to mistake this for the real deal. There's a thread here (http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=10557) that showcases other hilariously bad KOs.

The real problem KOs are the ones that are better quality counterfeits and are harder to tell from the originals (and thus more likely to deceive people). I don't like or condone of KOs of any sort, but I dislike the more authentic-looking imitations more because they're clearly designed to deceive even more discerning collectors.

Hursticon
22nd July 2012, 01:16 AM
Good lord, that is just hilarious! :p:D

reillyd
29th July 2012, 10:19 AM
Apart from the K.O headmaster 10 planet master set thing, I had no idea there were any k.o headmasters (which is why I like em so damn much) I saw on a website they were going to produce a weirdwolf recently but i don't know if that got off the ground. (looks average anyway)
hsbro hrsbro and his'n'hrsbro.
how good is the detail on spasma's face. like someone did it with 1 dot from a paintpen

Geiger, weird wolf has been out for some time, both loose and packaged. There is a previous thread, and it is possible to detect the KO packaged as you can see he doesn't have the black heat rub. It comes with it, but you have to put it on yourself. So I wouldn't buy any loose weird wolf and only a misb would be safe.

Given the interest in heads, including new third party ones, I would say there will be more KO on their way. I have been buying up headless loose ones t build up a collection, just to add the third party heads.

I would much rather be paying Takara for encore reissues than buying loose ones and Junkers off the bay