PDA

View Full Version : Vote now for the 2011 Ozformer Awards

Paulbot
1st January 2012, 12:18 AM
Voting for the 2011 Ozformers Awards has begun.

Voting is open until 5pm Melbourne time on 25 January with winners announced on Australia Day 2012. Voting has now closed.

Nothing is compulsory (except your username). If you've got no opinion or interest in a particular category feel free to skip it.

There is an Australian-bias to this survey and the toys listed and eligible for votes are those that were in general release in Australia during 2011. (There's also questions about the toys that are imported and two new questions to cover the third party toys.)

If I've left an option out use the comments on each page to add your write-in nominations in case I've left something out.

5FDP
1st January 2012, 09:57 PM
I've submitted my vote. Choosing fav DOTM toys was a hard task though (I don't really have any).

Great work again Paul and thanks for including my suggestion on best fan-made banner :)

Arcee
2nd January 2012, 12:07 AM
Yeah those DOTM toys are pain...

Other than those the survey's been fun :p

Decepticon
2nd January 2012, 12:55 AM
Thanks for all the DOTM questions! It made it enjoyable.

kup
2nd January 2012, 10:05 AM
Very hard to answer this survey with so many horrible movie toys. I don't know what to answer for any of them.

jaydisc
4th January 2012, 02:17 PM
Just ignore the favorite ones if you don't have one. That's what I did.

Suggestion for the future: perhaps have a pre-award nomination round for things like Best Custom, as when it comes to the end of the year, I never remember any of them. It would be great to have a pre-period where we just chuck some of the names into a hat, and they could be on the survey to remind us, of course with the obligatory Other field too.

Sky Shadow
4th January 2012, 02:28 PM
Suggestion for the future: perhaps have a pre-award nomination round for things like Best Custom, as when it comes to the end of the year, I never remember any of them.

That's a great idea.

Hursticon
4th January 2012, 02:31 PM
That's a great idea.

I agree as it might build up some momentum/anticipation for said awards. ;):cool:
(I too tend to forget which figures came out when, unless it's been within the last 3 or so months :o:p)

Tober
12th January 2012, 06:56 AM
Voted, thanks PaulBot :)

LordCyrusOmega
12th January 2012, 10:38 AM
All done

1orion2many
12th January 2012, 06:47 PM
Voted :)

Verno
12th January 2012, 07:13 PM
I didn't have much to add about the movie toys, or much about the toys at all, just reiterated what I hear on here - less repaints and less Bumblebees :p

But I have voted.

Deonasis
13th January 2012, 08:29 AM
Done. Thanks for compiling this again Paulbot :)

Paulbot
13th January 2012, 01:15 PM
Thanks everyone. At the halfway mark now and got a good number of responses so far.

It looks like there already seems to be a few clear winners in some categories, and some are neck and neck, but there's a lot of people who haven't voted yet who could change the game.

You've got about two weeks left if you want your opinion to count. :D

kaiden
14th January 2012, 07:52 PM
I just finished voting. It was hard to remember what was released last year especially in regards to 3rd party products.

Otherwise for me the most difficult question was favourite 3 Generations/RTS toys. Jazz, Kup, Warpath, Wreckgar, Scourge....

SkyWarp91
15th January 2012, 06:14 PM
Done and dusted, thanks heaps Paulbot for posting this.

StInG286
16th January 2012, 03:41 AM
Done, that was trickier than I thought it would be.

Paulbot
18th January 2012, 12:38 PM
According to the reporting 13 people started but haven't completed yet, but there's still a week left.

And if you haven't started? Click here (https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ozformers2011). Don't leave it to the last minute

tinyJazz
19th January 2012, 12:02 AM
According to the reporting 13 people started but haven't completed yet, but there's still a week left.

I'm one of them :p can't remember the DOTM movie well enough to answer some of the questions as I'd like to.

Prowl
20th January 2012, 11:32 PM
All done. I left what does not matter blank like everything DOTM related.

griffin
23rd January 2012, 02:25 AM
Voted.
Great job once again Paulbot... so much info you had to collect to complete that.
(I got a laugh on the best and worst news categories having the same Michael Bay item)

Just under two days left now people till voting closes. Take a couple minutes and tick a few boxes so we can all see what our community is thinking as a whole.

kup
23rd January 2012, 12:41 PM
All done. I left what does not matter blank like everything DOTM related.

I did the same. It shows how lame the last year has been.

UltraMarginal
23rd January 2012, 05:14 PM

And if you haven't started? Click here (https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ozformers2011). Don't leave it to the last minute

I'm one too, I started but then I got stuck, the favoritist figures and character questions are too hard to answer.
I'll have another go tonight.

1AZRAEL1
23rd January 2012, 06:46 PM
Voted.

I also found it hard to vote in the DOTM categories coz I had no real interest in the toy line. Tho I did vote on a few things.

But in truth, the hardest was choosing the 3 favourite figures in the Reveal The Shield line, so many great figures.

UltraMarginal
23rd January 2012, 10:44 PM
Done.
phew.

jazzy_josh
23rd January 2012, 10:57 PM
why was the news of a forth movie in the worst tf related news? I think it's awesome news they are making a forth and fifth!

Paulbot
23rd January 2012, 11:54 PM
why was the news of a forth movie in the worst tf related news? I think it's awesome news they are making a forth and fifth!

As Griffin pointed out, it is in both best and worst categories, and that is because it's a bit of news, when you include the words 'Michael Bay', people had strong opinions about either way.

Hursticon
24th January 2012, 12:10 AM
I skipped many questions with regards to DOTM too, if I couldn't answer it I simply didn't answer. :o

1orion2many
24th January 2012, 01:48 AM
:)I only answer the questions I have an interest in, You didn't have to answer them all, At least I didn't:D

Paulbot
24th January 2012, 06:26 PM
Yep, no problem at all with people only answering the questions they want.

Deadline extended. Survey will close at 5pm Melbourne Time tomorrow, 25 January.

So you've just under 24 hours left.

Paulbot
24th January 2012, 06:35 PM
Suggestion for the future: perhaps have a pre-award nomination round for things like Best Custom, as when it comes to the end of the year, I never remember any of them. It would be great to have a pre-period where we just chuck some of the names into a hat, and they could be on the survey to remind us, of course with the obligatory Other field too.

Oh sorry I missed this. Yes this is a good idea.

I tried to do this with the news items this year. Previously it had just been open ended text which took a lot of extra work to process, so I tried to narrow it down to the most popular/discussed/evocative topics of the year.

I had planned as the year went on to keep a better track of news, so might do the same with customs and either post a list to shortlist at the start of December or include as many as possible. Putting together the post of all the board banners for the year took a while so that's all I had time for this year.

For international works (art, fanfic, customs) I'd only include those shared here - lest the list get long.

If someone wants to keep track of the third party items released in 2012 and can provide me with that, I can expand on those too, but haven't previously because I don't keep a good track of them (since I don't buy them) and I'm conscious about the 'promoting third-party items' stance (but on the same hand think there's enough interest in them to include them in the awards).

loophole
24th January 2012, 08:01 PM
Just ignore the favorite ones if you don't have one. That's what I did.

thats i good idea. maybe have a sticky thread for all the customs with links to the associated thread, like how the Collection threads are done.

jazzy_josh
25th January 2012, 10:28 AM
As Griffin pointed out, it is in both best and worst categories, and that is because it's a bit of news, when you include the words 'Michael Bay', people had strong opinions about either way.

I would think myself lucky to even see Transformers on the big screen in any form. Some people are just too picky.

UltraMarginal
25th January 2012, 12:45 PM
I would think myself lucky to even see Transformers on the big screen in any form. Some people are just too picky.

+1:cool:

Paulbot
25th January 2012, 05:39 PM
Voting has now closed. Come back tomorrow for the results.

UltraMarginal
25th January 2012, 05:49 PM
Oh, so curious

kaiden
26th January 2012, 05:31 AM
Voting has now closed. Come back tomorrow for the results.

I'm gonna stay up all night for this! XD