PDA

View Full Version : G1 Optimus Prime Roller Launcher Fix?

blackoptimus
4th January 2012, 10:35 PM
Hey guys I recently got a vintage 80's G1 Optimus prime and the trailer doesn't seem to fire roller. The black slider doesn't really move foward. These pictures show the interiors. Looks like the grey molded plastic is blocking the black hitch from moving. Is there a way to make it slider or are they meant to be locked in place?

kup
4th January 2012, 10:58 PM
Those pictures are not very helpful, they barely let me see the part affected.

Can you take a wider shot and give a description of what happens when you push the trigger?

blackoptimus
4th January 2012, 11:46 PM
I might film a hd video to show you. When I do that can you open yours up and compare the differences please?

Those pictures are not very helpful, they barely let me see the part affected.

Can you take a wider shot and give a description of what happens when you push the trigger?

blackoptimus
5th January 2012, 04:36 PM
I made this video to show of the insides of the trailer, also near the end of the video I point out the grey piece that kinda prevents it from moving.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhdXZVttCp8

kup
6th January 2012, 07:58 AM
I made this video to show of the insides of the trailer, also near the end of the video I point out the grey piece that kinda prevents it from moving.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhdXZVttCp8

Did you remove all the screws or is everything loose like that?

That grey piece is supposed to be there. So far I don't see anything broken, just mis-assembled.

blackoptimus
6th January 2012, 12:37 PM
I undid the screws to show you what it looks like. How is it mis-assembled? Could you please provide a picture or something of how it's supposed to be assembled?

Did you remove all the screws or is everything loose like that?

That grey piece is supposed to be there. So far I don't see anything broken, just mis-assembled.

blackoptimus
8th January 2012, 02:23 AM
I think I've fixed it, it launches as long as roller is locked into the launcher. I remember the reissue launches even without roller attached. Is the Original supposed to be able to launch without roller in or is mine fine?

kup
8th January 2012, 09:01 AM
Both the reissue and the original are the same in this regard. Of course it won't launch if Roller isn't attached - It seems that there was nothing wrong with your launcher to begin with.