PDA

View Full Version : Just how much is it killing you in having to wait til Classics 2.0? :D

Pulse
30th May 2008, 07:41 PM
You've pre-ordered all the new moulds in Classics 2.0 but it's still months until you can actually get your hands on them :D.

So how much is it killing you in having to wait until then? What effects is this wait having on you? Am I the only one who needs help? :p:D

kurdt_the_goat
30th May 2008, 07:44 PM
Some of us have the animated figures to keep us busy Pulse :)
Seriously for a second, what don't you like about animated? Apart from maybe the head designs, they're not much different from movie or classic transformers. At the end of the day only BT's are really realistic, if that's what you prefer. I think Animated Prowl looks more realistic than say movie Jazz.

Pulse
30th May 2008, 07:54 PM
Seriously for a second, what don't you like about animated? Apart from maybe the head designs, they're not much different from movie or classic transformers. At the end of the day only BT's are really realistic, if that's what you prefer. I think Animated Prowl looks more realistic than say movie Jazz.

Mate, I just can't get into the TFA figures at all. I've been watching the cartoon (well, cos it's new :)) but the figures just don't do anything for me - they don't appeal/interest me even one iota. To me, it's their kiddish design that just doesn't tickle my TF itch.

kup
30th May 2008, 08:06 PM
Its killing me waiting for Henkei 2.0 actually :)

The_Damned
30th May 2008, 08:13 PM
there is no option for not really caring about them.......
ie....refusing to buy.

jaydisc
30th May 2008, 08:29 PM

Yes, those and Premiums are doing just fine occupying the current agenda.

Indeed. I'm jumping ship on Classics. Moving the whole collection to Henkei.

You should add an option for Henkei.

Robzy
30th May 2008, 08:44 PM
Good point! ;)

Tober
30th May 2008, 08:45 PM
I've got Henkei Prowl, Sunstreaker, Thundercracker, Skywarp and Powerglide on pre-order. Considering Octane and Galvatron.

City Commander is also on pre-order.

Henkei has taught me patience. ;)

Pulse
30th May 2008, 08:53 PM
Guys, Did you notice how I named it Classics 2.0?

Remember, Classics 2.0 is not an official title. The official names will be Universe 2.0 & Henkei 2.0 - or something like that.

So you see, Classics 2.0 is all-encompassing... :)

roller
30th May 2008, 08:55 PM
thankyou Pulse thats what i was gonna say

as i am currently in the poor house i am actually eager for them to be released a long time later, i want almost all of them.

Tober
30th May 2008, 09:08 PM
Honestly, I can wait. The seeker repaints are repaints - so nothing too exciting as far as new product. Prowl and Sunstreaker look like dumbed down Alternators, although they look cool and Prowl looks like Prowl, so again I can wait. Powerglide and Galvatron I need more info on.

There is alot of stuff between now and them I'm far more excited by, namely Macross and Appleseed.

There is however one exception.. Ravage. I REALLY want to know what he looks like, but will probably have to wait untill SDCC which is another 2 months away... :(

autobreadticon
30th May 2008, 09:28 PM
i am too lazy to look for it, but what other classics were announced at Botcon ??

Ironhide

The repaints of old molds dun't thrill me much....

Galvatron needs the henkei treatment, his robot mode looks like its Oatmeal grade, on drying concrete

MV75
30th May 2008, 09:38 PM
I can wait. No hurry. I look forward to encores more.
________
Land Rover Llama (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Land_Rover_Llama)

dirge
30th May 2008, 09:58 PM
I can wait. Even though I couldn't care less about Animated, I'm happy to wait for the revisited Classics stuff. I've got a whole bunch of unopened stuff I'm working my way through slowly.

1orion2many
30th May 2008, 10:09 PM
:)I'm looking forward to them but the later the better as has been previously said.Fiscal drag people, I can only afford one line at a time since I keep blowing money on Microman:o.

Paulbot
30th May 2008, 10:44 PM
i am too lazy to look for it, but what other classics were announced at Botcon ??

Ironhide

Legends class Brawn, Jazz, Hound, & Beachcomber

STL
30th May 2008, 11:13 PM
I honestly can't wait. While the Animated stuff really interests me from a design point of view, the G1 goodness of Classics 2.0 (what I'll be calling itanyway) is what I cannot wait for. I mean, I'd give up the entire Animated line here and now if that meant we'd get a full Classics 2.0 line rather than it being a filler-line.

Pulse
30th May 2008, 11:47 PM
I honestly can't wait. While the Animated stuff really interests me from a design point of view, the G1 goodness of Classics 2.0 (what I'll be calling itanyway) is what I cannot wait for. I mean, I'd give up the entire Animated line here and now if that meant we'd get a full Classics 2.0 line rather than it being a filler-line.

Great minds think alike :D (or should that be hopelessly lost causes ;))

kup
31st May 2008, 12:51 AM
Yeah I am also waiting for Henkei 2.0 Galvatron. The universe's version has a very dull tank mode.

Also I am mayorly curious about that Hound and Ravage. I really want to see what they have done.

The crazy thing is that ordering Henkei may end up being about the same cost as buying Universe retail which is CRAZY! We should form a revolutionary movement so that we can bring down 'the system' and stop getting stuff up to 200-300% inflated costs than the rest of the world.

SilverDragon
31st May 2008, 12:17 PM
I can wait, since I'm only really interested in the Beast Wars stuff that's coming out as part of it (of course, if they reveal Dinobot being in it, I will be unable to wait much).

Gutsman Heavy
31st May 2008, 01:18 PM
why the name Henkei 2.0, its not like its stopped and being revived like the universe banner...

every day I don't have the new universe figs I die a little inside.

Tober
31st May 2008, 01:25 PM
New pics of Galvatron (http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/universe-decepticons-196/galvatron-1694/) and Acid Storm (http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/universe-decepticons-196/acid-storm-1789/).

kup
1st June 2008, 05:49 PM
for some reason I can no longer view FTW2005.com

llamatron
1st June 2008, 06:12 PM
Site seems to have gone down for several hours...

kup
1st June 2008, 06:20 PM
Don Murphy forum also went down at about the same time. Its possible that something is affecting australian access to those sites.

Zippo
2nd June 2008, 03:27 PM
Repost from yesterday: I can wait .. I have to do it with all the other toys I have an interest in so I can do it with this line.