PDA

View Full Version : Found 5 MP Starscream! W.A. Perth.

MindsetOverhaul
15th January 2012, 03:06 PM
hey, my work takes me all over the place, interstate, outback and some pretty random locations in general. last week Iwas in northam, about 60km east of Perth. on my lunch break I wondered into the local toyworld and was pleasantly surprised to find 5 of the original hasbro classics style packaged MP Starscreams. god knows they've been sitting there for at least 4 years. I think I gotta head back there laterthis week so for those who want they cost 90 bucks each and we can arrange some kind of pickup meet in the city. I otherwise may clean out the store and flog them at nexus. anyway, lemme know

Slag
15th January 2012, 04:42 PM
hey, my work takes me all over the place, interstate, outback and some pretty random locations in general. last week Iwas in northam, about 60km east of Perth. on my lunch break I wondered into the local toyworld and was pleasantly surprised to find 5 of the original hasbro classics style packaged MP Starscreams. god knows they've been sitting there for at least 4 years. I think I gotta head back there laterthis week so for those who want they cost 90 bucks each and we can arrange some kind of pickup meet in the city. I otherwise may clean out the store and flog them at nexus. anyway, lemme know

Amazing.! I'm keen for 2 if your heading back. I can send you the cash first if you need it.

Tabias Prime
15th January 2012, 09:55 PM
Nice find dude:D:D..... but alas I bought one last Toy Fair for $125.00:(:(:(

UltraMarginal
15th January 2012, 10:58 PM
I would be interested indeed, how much for postage to 2122, I can either bank transfer or bpay whichever you like.

Chris.farano
16th January 2012, 12:55 AM
I would like one... Im in WA... if possible?

hey is this the one below btw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izPgdShMkpE

MindsetOverhaul
16th January 2012, 07:04 PM
thanks for the response people. i love these freak finds. same thing happened at a toyworld in Clare S.A. last November, only it was MP Skywarp.

anyhow, i bought all 5 MP SS (and recieved odd looks from the young hotties at the checkout desk).

so, Geigerrock-2 has pick of the litter.
Chris, i don't have the time for that review at the moment but i attatched the pick i took this arvo.
i don't think these are walmart exclusive.
the packaging is from the 2006/7 line of "classics" figures. MP Starscream itself was released in 2007. As i said earlier, these figures have been sitting in that little toyworld store for about 4 years and unfortunately it shows. the clear case shows some abrasive fogging on some of them due to whatever it is that toyworld staff do to toys when the lights go out.

UltraMarginal, i would like to help although other board members may testify to the fact that i'm incredibly slow at attaining shipping quotes - but they will be honest and fair : ) i work away from home so with your divine patience i will get you that quote mate ;)

Perth dudes, i'll PMu my mob#. i gotta go to narambeen tomorrow then back here then albany on friday so this THURSDAY 19th would be ideal for me to catch up with you guys somewhere and unload the merch

Slag
16th January 2012, 10:04 PM
Sweeeeeet. ( in extremely high pitch) Can you please post a pic of the hotties. Are you sure that odd look wasn't actually the look of chicks being extra impressed. All the girls love it when you tell them your a grown man that collects toys... all the ones i know anyway....both of them

Quickstrike
16th January 2012, 10:16 PM
Last time I was at Northam Toyworld it was run by grumpy old ladies. :confused:

UltraMarginal
16th January 2012, 10:52 PM
no worries, I'm a patient man, though you should be able to get a pretty accurate quote off the Auspost (http://auspost.com.au/apps/domestic-parcel.html)website, all you have to do is enter, parcel size, weight and starting and finishing postcodes. If you need a box they have price lists (http://auspost.com.au/personal/packaging-materials.html#mailingboxes)and sizing too.

Either way, I'm going to be out of town from Wednesday to Monday this week for my wifes 30th, so there's no hurry unless you need the money quickly. I should be able to check PM's and follow up bank payments from my phone.

MindsetOverhaul
17th January 2012, 09:18 AM
Are you sure that odd look wasn't actually the look of chicks being extra impressed. All the girls love it when you tell them your a grown man that collects toys... all the ones i know anyway....both of them yeh, the must've been just been nervous around me coz I'm so cool. shit, any time i talk to attractive females my conversations begin like "so, do you like G1 the most?" or something similar. yep, hook, line and sinker

Paulbot
17th January 2012, 09:34 AM
Chris, i don't have the time for that review at the moment but i attatched the pick i took this arvo.
i don't think these are walmart exclusive.
the packaging is from the 2006/7 line of "classics" figures. MP Starscream itself was released in 2007.
It's the same release of the figure. It was a Walmart exclusive in the States, but appeared at TRU and Toyworld here.

Slag
17th January 2012, 09:58 AM
yeh, the must've been just been nervous around me coz I'm so cool. shit, any time i talk to attractive females my conversations begin like "so, do you like G1 the most?" or something similar. yep, hook, line and sinker

Usually a surefire line.. Who doesn't like G1 . .

UltraMarginal
17th January 2012, 11:55 AM
there are so many smooth operators on this board...

MindsetOverhaul
18th January 2012, 01:27 AM

and you know this! LOL

Slag
18th January 2012, 01:53 AM

I remember ,as a kid, i used to sing that song , cept I thought the words were
School of the red eye. (sing it, fits perfect) . Still cop flak for it.:rolleyes:
The school of the red eye..da daa da dee da. Schoooooooooool of the red eyyyeeee....

UltraMarginal
18th January 2012, 10:39 AM
I remember ,as a kid, i used to sing that song , cept I thought the words were
School of the red eye. (sing it, fits perfect) . Still cop flak for it.:rolleyes:
The school of the red eye..da daa da dee da. Schoooooooooool of the red eyyyeeee....:D

ROFL

Jetfire
26th January 2012, 04:25 PM
yeh, the must've been just been nervous around me coz I'm so cool. shit, any time i talk to attractive females my conversations begin like "so, do you like G1 the most?" or something similar. yep, hook, line and sinker

Tractor beam. Sucked me right in.

Really, it is likely they are suprised you're spending $450 on a bunch of the same toys. That's a lot of money. Teenage girls dream of that sort of cash.

Are they hard to find now? I remember Balcatta Toyworld having a dozen of them at 79.99 and they never moved for months and I paid that for mine.

tilbert
29th January 2012, 03:00 PM
Hey mindset id def be keen on buying one if you have any left. i can meet u in the city with the dollars no problem. I live close. or arrange some other way if its easier. def a nice find. Let me know

Tetsuwan Convoy
29th January 2012, 07:19 PM
Really, it is likely they are suprised your spending $450 on a bunch of the same toys. That's a lot of money. Teenage girls dream of that sort of cash.

If they are hippies they might be repulsed at that thought. I remember talkking with some acotr pals (when I was into that) and was looking at buying a table top space invaders arcade machine. i said "It's only $500" and this hippy dude goes (in an imatatory voice) "Only $500" and rolled his eyes. He was just jealous, but his lady friends weren't!:D;)

MindsetOverhaul
30th January 2012, 12:33 AM
If they are hippies they might be repulsed at that thought. I remember talkking with some acotr pals (when I was into that) and was looking at buying a table top space invaders arcade machine. i said "It's only $500" and this hippy dude goes (in an imatatory voice) "Only $500" and rolled his eyes. He was just jealous, but his lady friends weren't!:D;)

Faaark! (doesnt freo just supply the worst hippies!) Losers!
im an arborist by trade and a genuine environmentalist, and an activist for many left-wing ideals. Hippies make everything the true left try to achieve look pretentious and lame. Most hippies i've ever known are private schooled spoilt rich kids bludging off a combination of their parents wealth and centerlink payments and when it ever really came down to having to take a stand, for whatever the hell trendy cause they wanna rally for this time, they'd probably just tire, cower and go home at the first glance of adversity. Stinky - dirty - cigarette bumming - pot scabbing - hypocrites!
quasi-spiritual mish mash of any eastern religion, norse mythology and ancient retarded astrology and random nonscientific shite... they're so close to bogan, in fact there is so little difference, you could safely refer to them as ''boganhemians" and everyone you know would understand exactly where you're coming from. a cultureless sub-culture of self-important, sandal wearing, dreadlock lice pile, combi-van driving, condescending, lazy, procrastinating dickwads and halfwits.
man, lemme tell you guys, i just love 'em to death! and yeh, so they're not all completely fuct but the odds are seriously against the good ones.

oh, wait, MP starscream... Tilbert, PM'd mate.

One left guys!

EDIT: sorry 'bout that griffin, can't 100% guarantee that it won't happen again. i removed a few of the obscenities that you missed.

MindsetOverhaul
30th January 2012, 12:53 AM
Tractor beam. Sucked me right in.

yeh, you know it.
here's a freebie for anyone who gets a little anxious around women. remember, now, if you're real good, you'll say this in an exited tone with such brooding intensity that she'll have no doubt as to the importance of the discussion that's to ensue, she'll know it weighs heavily on your odds of spending the evening, and the rest of your lives together - "Optimus or Rodimus?"
y'know, just practice it in the mirror a few times, practice it on your mum, whatever, just get it right!
yes, you're welcome.

Slag
30th January 2012, 09:05 AM
What's the answer.? I'm thinking they may not know what the hell is being said but may mistake the words to be, (depending on the intensity)
Optimist , Someone who likes to see the glass half full or
Rodimist , Someone who likes to see rods..
So i'm guessing Rodimus is the answer..??

MindsetOverhaul
30th January 2012, 10:05 AM
What's the answer.? I'm thinking they may not know what the hell is being said but may mistake the words to be, (depending on the intensity)
Optimist , Someone who likes to see the glass half full or
Rodimist , Someone who likes to see rods..
So i'm guessing Rodimus is the answer..??

LMFAO :D
Geiger', i thought there were only 2 outcomes, thankyou for showing me my narrow mindedness :) i'll edit some older posts - "results may vary"

heads up people, now that there's only one starscream left this will soon become the Perth Dating Thread ;)

UltraMarginal
30th January 2012, 12:54 PM
''boganhemians"
HAHAHAHAHA, and I LMFAO and I know it.:D

heads up people, now that there's only one starscream left this will soon become the Perth Dating Thread ;)

:eek:eww

Slag
30th January 2012, 03:56 PM

I'll leave before that happens...:)
You still got mine?? If you did I guess i could relinquish the hold on one of them... if someone reeeally wants one....

MindsetOverhaul
30th January 2012, 09:15 PM
I'll leave before that happens...:)
You still got mine?? If you did I guess i could relinquish the hold on one of them... if someone reeeally wants one....

yeh bro, i got those two selections aside for you, it's the starscreams that john west rejects that make giegerrocks' the best.
i shipped 1 to ultramarginal and i only assume that tilbert will get back to me any day now.
chrisfarano or whoever it was wants one but hasn't got back to me at all so there's one left for now

millhouse
10th May 2013, 09:11 PM
yeh bro, i got those two selections aside for you, it's the starscreams that john west rejects that make giegerrocks' the best.
i shipped 1 to ultramarginal and i only assume that tilbert will get back to me any day now.
chrisfarano or whoever it was wants one but hasn't got back to me at all so there's one left for now
Definitely after one. Can pay cash and pick up tomorrow or sun anywhere in the metro area.