PDA

View Full Version : TFPrime new packaging pics & UK release

griffin
15th January 2012, 06:33 PM
The UK fans will be getting their Prime toys released at the same time as us, in March (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-prime-toyline-uk-launch-date-confirmed/23669/), but some toys have been found (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-prime-39/prime-wheeljack-and-cyberverse-toys-in-package---arriving-in-uk-retailer-stockrooms-174129/) at a warehouse there, so could be out sooner than that (which shows off their multi-lingual packaging - makes you feel glad that we get the US versions, no matter how late or absent they are).

Packaging samples include Deluxe Wheeljack, Commander Bulkhead, Legion Vehicon, and Legion Bumblebee.

Doubledealer
15th January 2012, 06:57 PM
*drool* That is some killer packaging right there! Wheeljack looks divine

Quickstrike
15th January 2012, 07:01 PM
That's some damn fine packaging.

Hursticon
15th January 2012, 07:09 PM
Argh! :eek:

I tell ya: Hasbro AU + Retail AU had better pull their finger out for this one and they'd better make a better effort than Target's latest 'clearance' pricing to make room for TF: Prime... :rolleyes::p
(Someone please think of the kids! - The big ones too! :D)

Doubledealer
15th January 2012, 11:18 PM
Let's hope so Hursti! I so miss the thrill of the hunt and can't wait to get that feeling again we all love as Transformers collectors. The feeling when we charge off to the shops, arms flailing in all directions like an inebriated sloth as we try to fend off any poor soul who gets in our way. "It's mine!" we cry as we miraculously leap 10 metres in the air, pluck the last Deluxe Starscream from a poor child's hands before landing, then bolt to the register to pay. Ah yes, it's been too long.

Ode to a Grasshopper
15th January 2012, 11:45 PM
Dear Takara: thanks for the Wheeljack I'll be buying later this year.:D

Tabias Prime
16th January 2012, 12:31 AM
Dear Takara: thanks for the Wheeljack I'll be buying later this year.:D

count me in:D:D:D

sideswipes brother
16th January 2012, 09:35 AM
count me in:D:D:D

And me.

5FDP
16th January 2012, 09:55 AM
Love the Cyberverse and Legion toys and the fact that they've made them to scale as much as possible with Prime and Bulkhead bigger than Arcee, Bumblebee, and Ratchet.

If I find them locally, I'll be really tempted to buy them all.

Sharky
16th January 2012, 10:14 AM
Love the Cyberverse and Legion toys and the fact that they've made them to scale as much as possible with Prime and Bulkhead bigger than Arcee, Bumblebee, and Ratchet.

If I find them locally, I'll be really tempted to buy them all.

same here..

UltraMarginal
16th January 2012, 12:31 PM
I am interested by the packaging labels, i was under the impression that the line was going to be called "robots in disguise" is this no longer the case, maybe someone decided it was better to name after the show than a concept/theme .

Doubledealer
19th January 2012, 07:20 PM
Just stumbled across this picture of the main line Hasbro Bumblebee. Note the "Robots in Disguise" label for added confusion. :p Looks to be a much nicer, less "KO" looking shade of yellow compared to the First Edition.

http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-z31jZGWfGo8/TvAd7mfqojI/AAAAAAAAAnQ/QB1gid4_dcY/w384-h308-k/tfprimebb.jpg

Hursticon
19th January 2012, 08:32 PM
Just stumbled across this picture of the main line Hasbro Bumblebee. Note the "Robots in Disguise" label for added confusion. :p Looks to be a much nicer, less "KO" looking shade of yellow compared to the First Edition.

*snip*

Hazaa! :D

griffin
20th January 2012, 01:30 AM
I think the "Robots in Disguise" subtitle is to go with the "Cyberverse" subtitle to distinguish/market the different segments of the TFPrime toyline - the former subtitle is for the larger size classes (like "Mechtech" for DotM), and the latter is for the smaller size classes.
(and probably a third for the gimmick lines, like "Robo Power" for DotM)