PDA

View Full Version : TF2: (prop vehicle) sighted on the set

G1Optimal
31st May 2008, 05:12 PM
I don't know if this is an attempt by Bay to spread misinformation or not , but...

Apparently there been a sighting of a a Pontiac Solstice arriving on the set of TF2 and the VA " Darius McCrary " has been sighted there as well.

Link (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-9/autobot-jazz-is-back-for-transformers-movie-sequel-165008/?)
Source:TFW2005 (http://www.tfw2005.com)

Pulse
31st May 2008, 05:19 PM
Pics or it doesn't mean squat. :D

G1Optimal
31st May 2008, 05:23 PM
whoops..:o

you mean like the Chevy Malibu Police Car.. :D

Link (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-9/transformers-2-movie-set-images---chevy-malibu-police-car-165007/?)
Source:TWF2005 (http://www.tfw2005.com)

Pulse
31st May 2008, 05:33 PM
Could that be our first glimpse of Prowl? ;)

G1Optimal
31st May 2008, 05:39 PM
If it is, I hope there is a battle with Barricade ....:cool:

i_amtrunks
2nd June 2008, 12:51 PM

And seeing how Barricade had his butt handed to him by Bumblebee (and was killed by Prime easily in all media bar the movie) I'd say Prowl should have this one in the bag! :D

griffin
2nd June 2008, 01:31 PM
Just editted topic title to remove a potential spoiler.

Not sure why a Voice Actor would be on set, unless he is just doing all the 'stand-in' voices for the actors to work off.

The Voice actors are the last people used, way after the filming and post production are done. For the first movie, the 'stand in voice actor' ended up getting one of the voice roles.

i_amtrunks
2nd June 2008, 02:36 PM
The first Transformers movie did their voice actor recordings very differently to most big budget cgi films.

The majority of big budget CGI films create the characters, sets etc then have the voice actors come in, and record their dialogue.
From there the film is animated so as to correctly match up to the voice actors dialogue, which is also heavily used for timing of actions and movements as well.

This process allows for ad-libbing, script changes and character traits to be introduced by the voice actors.

Transformers got the voice actors in after all was said and done minus final editing (this was most likely due to the constant changing nature of the script, and the very long render times) and the voice actors had to match their dialogue to the pre rendered animation.

This limits the voice actors to only using dialogue that fits with the animation, leaving little to no room for changes to dialogue or improvisation and allows for no input to the characterisation of the character from the voice actor.

Cheaper budget animated films often skip precise lip synching as it is extremely time consuming and difficult and requires many more animators hours to get correct, instead they rely on basic lip synching, which is based off 15-25 mouth movements shared amongst word sounds (for example, the letters/sounds "b", "p" and "t" share a mouth movement).

So if the voice actors are on set already perhaps they will be recording dialogue the more conventional way, before rendering begins?

Robzy
2nd June 2008, 03:26 PM
Yay for Prowl!

G1Optimal
2nd June 2008, 03:48 PM
And seeing how Barricade had his butt handed to him by Bumblebee (and was killed by Prime easily in all media bar the movie) I'd say Prowl should have this one in the bag! :D

:D It'll be still worth the time watching :D ...... "I hope?" :(

Just editted topic title to remove a potential spoiler.......

I Was hoping someone would...... :o
Thanks Griffin.:D

Soundwarp
3rd June 2008, 08:12 AM

Hell yes.....

If it was Jazz then maybe it's just for flash backs.....

STL
4th June 2008, 02:10 PM
More pics online at ftw2005... really shites me that they put up all the pics on the cover story. At least Seibertron.com has the decently to tell us to click on the link....

G1Optimal
4th June 2008, 05:34 PM
Hell yes.....

If it was Jazz then maybe it's just for flash backs.....

Maybe, Maybe not only they know , but....

I Don't think i "if not we" should count out anything at this stage especially, when i consider Hasbro have a history of re-releasing things with slight alterations to them, to make a new product......:D;)