PDA

View Full Version : Toy Review - DotM Deluxe Autobot Que

griffin
16th January 2012, 12:00 AM
(Please post photos, comments or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just brief details)

Toy Review - Autobot Que
Series - Dark of the Moon
Sub-line - Mechtech
Size/class - Deluxe
New/remould/redeco - New
Wave - 6
Released here - Not at this time (released globally December 2011)
Approximate Retail Price - $24-30 (US$12)
Approximate Size - 14cm
Allegiance - Autobot
Alt-mode - Car
Main Features/Gimmicks - Convertible Mechtech weapon
Main Colours - Blue, grey
Main Accessories - mechtech weapon (plus other weapons)

Note - This toy was originally named as Wheeljack on early Hasbro presentations, but later renamed Autobot Que to match the Movie character's name. The white redeco in the next wave should be called Wheeljack though.

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/tftoys/mt46.jpg

Ode to a Grasshopper
18th February 2012, 01:13 AM
He's OK. Not great, not bad. Looks OK, transformation is pretty average, but poseability is pretty poor. Unless you're a diehard completist, diehard Bayverse fan, or really really want a TF with a zombie-Einstein-esque headsculpt he's definitely not worth the prices he's apparently going for online.
Only really noteworthy point is that the weapons are nice, what with looking like tools - even the spear looks like a giant scalpel.

Doubledealer
18th February 2012, 01:31 AM
Can anyone think of a single Transformer as frightening looking as this one? I'm terrified and I don't even own it! *hides under sheets*

SkyWarp91
18th February 2012, 02:51 AM
Is it worth the $120 that it's priced at now? I am a Bay fan but don't really care for the character but the completist inside me is yelling GET HIM! GET HIM!

DAMMNIT IM LOST

AJ_Prime
18th February 2012, 11:14 AM
Is it worth the $120 that it's priced at now? I am a Bay fan but don't really care for the character but the completist inside me is yelling GET HIM! GET HIM!

DAMMNIT IM LOST

Lol, me too on all counts. But the price is making me question if I really want him that bad. Perhaps just keep trawling until someone puts one up for a reasonable price. Maybe once the hype dies down so will the price.

Ode to a Grasshopper
18th February 2012, 01:37 PM

DAMMNIT IM LOSTHonestly? No.
Really no.
For that asking price you could get something good, or even 2 or 3 something goods if you got decent prices. He's just an average, instantly forgettable Deluxe. If you're anything like me you'll transform him once, transform him back, and then just forget about him.

If you really can't sleep without one, AJ_Prime has the right idea. Even then, I'd be surprised if you could find one for under $50 to $60, which is still $30 to $40 too much IMO.

GoktimusPrime
18th February 2012, 01:37 PM
Can anyone think of a single Transformer as frightening looking as this one? I'm terrified and I don't even own it! *hides under sheets*
*points at Transformer Animorphs* -- I challenge anyone to find me a line of uglier Transformers. ;) Also, it's not the toy's fault that the head looks like that... blame the movie (if the head looked different then you'd have people accusing Hasbro of not being "screen accurate"). Although it is partially Hasbro's fault for approving the movie model with that head in the first place. (-_-) But it's certainly not the toy designers' fault.

Is it worth the $120 that it's priced at now?
HELL NO! He is a nice Deluxe figure... but he is only just a Deluxe. $40 is the most I've ever paid for a Japanese store release Deluxe figure (it was a United Wheeljack)... even then I thought it was a bit rich, but I was desperate. So yeah, forty tops if you're desperate IMO.

SkyWarp91
22nd February 2012, 02:06 AM
*points at Transformer Animorphs* -- I challenge anyone to find me a line of uglier Transformers. ;) Also, it's not the toy's fault that the head looks like that... blame the movie (if the head looked different then you'd have people accusing Hasbro of not being "screen accurate"). Although it is partially Hasbro's fault for approving the movie model with that head in the first place. (-_-) But it's certainly not the toy designers' fault.

HELL NO! He is a nice Deluxe figure... but he is only just a Deluxe. $40 is the most I've ever paid for a Japanese store release Deluxe figure (it was a United Wheeljack)... even then I thought it was a bit rich, but I was desperate. So yeah, forty tops if you're desperate IMO.

Just watched a review of it on Youtube, he's like half the size of ROTF Deluxe Ravage. WHAT THE HECK!!!?!?!? The figure's more like a generous scout figure than an actual Deluxe figure!!!

GoktimusPrime
22nd February 2012, 09:17 AM
Wha?! He's the size of a Deluxe, certainly not a scout. (-_-)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/jinrai/moofieginrai08.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/prime_optimusprime_parra.jpg

SkyWarp91
17th March 2012, 06:51 PM
Wha?! He's the size of a Deluxe, certainly not a scout. (-_-)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/jinrai/moofieginrai08.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/prime_optimusprime_parra.jpg

Hey now, hey now, you're putting him next to other DOTM figures and I meant in comparison to older movie toys not other DOTM toys lol

I got him as well yesterday but will keep him sealed. Can't really be stuffed opening it up.

GoktimusPrime
17th March 2012, 10:59 PM
You should open him -- he's a really neat toy IMO. :)

Bumbleb33
21st March 2012, 08:13 PM
Opened mine last night, absolutely blown away, great scale with DOTM and ROTF, articulation is fair considering his transformation, paint apps are superb, plenty of accurate character depiction. Whether he is worth $95 which is what is what I paid I dunno but I am stoked to have him. Can.t wait for Leadfoot to show up so I can display Que with the three Wreckers.

GoktimusPrime
21st March 2012, 08:50 PM
Whether he is worth $95 which is what is what I paid I dunno but I am stoked to have him.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/th_spitdrink.jpg I'm glad that you're happy with this toy... but PHWOAR!! :eek: :eek:

Ode to a Grasshopper
22nd March 2012, 12:14 AM
We can't all take trips to Japan at opportune times @Gok.;)

GoktimusPrime
22nd March 2012, 11:36 AM
If I hadn't been able to get Que in Japan then I simply would have skipped this toy until/unless I could find it for (or close to) RRP. $40 is the most I've ever paid for a non-limited exclusive Deluxe. And $50 is the most I've ever paid for an exclusive Deluxe toy (e.g. BotCon exclusive, Genteis etc.) Anything more than that, I skip. That's why I never got a Gentei Dirge (thank Hasbro for releasing Generations Dirge!) and I'd honestly given up on getting United Frumble until I found them at Hero Gangu. :)

Ode to a Grasshopper
22nd March 2012, 06:45 PM
I wouldn't have gotten him if I hadn't been here either, but eh.
Kinda wish I'd waited though, they're being cleared from my local Joshin for ¥1200 atm.

SkyWarp91
4th April 2012, 04:24 PM
You should open him -- he's a really neat toy IMO. :)

Finally opened up this old-boy and wow, he is worth the hundo I spent on him. The transformation is simple, the figure feels solid and he comes with so many kick-ass weapons. And though he may look like your creepy Uncle Fred he's still a kick-ass robot to me. Perhaps my only gripe is his shoulders that don't really lock onto his chest and can flap around and aren't so stable. Fun toy, a good 4/5.

GoktimusPrime
4th April 2012, 09:13 PM
the hundo I spent on him.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/spitdrink-1.gif :eek:

Ode to a Grasshopper
5th April 2012, 01:53 AM
We can't all take trips to Japan at opportune times (http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=autobot+que&_sacat=See-All-Categories) @Gok.;)
And while in Que's case I'm inclined to agree he's not worth the expense, I'm glad Skywarp91 disagrees.
Maybe I'll go grab the two on clearance at Joshin and see if anyone wants to trade 'em for a Classics Ultra Magnus...it could be a two overpriced grails for one deal.

GoktimusPrime
5th April 2012, 12:35 PM
As I said before, if I hadn't been able to get this toy in Japan, I would have completely skipped it until/unless I could find it at RRP (or close to it). AU$38 is the most I've ever paid for a non-exclusive Deluxe Transformer (and AU$50 is the most I've paid for an exclusive Deluxe TF). AU$40 is the most I'd be willing to pay for a non-exclusive Deluxe... any more than that then forget it.

I'm also glad that SkyWarp91 is happy with his purchase... and if he thinks this toy is worth $100, then that's great for him. :) But I personally don't think any toy is worth above its RRP. If I were super-desperate for Quejack and if I had an eBay account I might consider bidding AU$40 on this auction (http://www.ebay.com/itm/DOTM-deluxeclass-Autobot-que-Japan-exclusive-/110854559752?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cf725808). If someone placed a higher bid then I'm not gonna put a higher bid... they win.

snaketales
2nd May 2013, 11:18 AM
Wow, looks like patience has paid off... I got mine off ebay for $30 shipped. I like the car mode, transformation isn't too hard or too easy, plenty of mechtech weapons (and yet his firepower is only 5). I found it a bit hard to get him to hold his man weapon in robot mode.

The only thing I don't like is the face.