PDA

View Full Version : TF Animated Episode 24 - SUV: Society of Ultimate Villiany

sifun
1st June 2008, 11:40 AM
Overall I thought it was a pretty good episode.
Still annoyed at that pony riding villain, its very wrong.

Woot swindle! Though I wish he had more of the g1 style voice than that.

Pulse
1st June 2008, 02:08 PM
The first half of the episode basically put me to sleep :(. Human villains in TF storylines? Why_oh_Why don't they ever learn... Sigh :(

But when Swindle came into life, the episode really picked up the pace :). I'm not sure if it was the right decision to make him a swindler by personality (his arm cannon looked very G1 Megs-ish) & his Alt mode is an S.U.V? Shouldn't it have been a Jeep? :confused:

Last episode had BB & Sari playing no part in it at all while in this episode, they become the only 'Bots involved in the story... :rolleyes:? IMO This definitely dragged the episode down.

Swindle really picked this episode up for me. Without him, I would have given it a 4 out of 10 - at best. But Swindle's emergement picked this episode up to a 7 out of 10.

Isn't it weird how last episode was so awesome but this episode seemed like such a let down... :rolleyes:

kup
1st June 2008, 02:33 PM
I mostly agree with Pulse. This episode started off with the same dumb formula that ruined the first season for me. When Swindle showed up, it picked up considerably despite the focus being on Sari and Bumblebee which have a tendency to drag episodes down.

Overall it was a 'meh' episode. Swindle rescued it from being another total crappyness like Season 1.

Pulse
1st June 2008, 04:43 PM
Reflecting on this episode some more, It got me thinking...

"Have we ever had a better Human Villain in a TF series than this character?"

http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/0/0b/Professor_princess.jpg

Ok, Time for a bit of confession :D. Who has contemplated buying a My Little Pony just so that they can have their own Professor Penny Princess & Powdered Sugar? :o

SilverDragon
1st June 2008, 04:50 PM
I thought it was a 'meh' episode, because aside from Headmaster, none of the human villains are really all that interesting. I liked Slo-Mo though.

FORSOOTH! THE ANGRY ARCHER RETURNETH! Oh yeah, Angry Archer's cool too.

Swindle was...alright. I haven't really thought much of any Swindle besides "Wow, he looks like crap" (this was regarding the Movie Swindle, though). I find it a bit weird that they decided to buck the eye-colour trend just for him, but I suppose he's more of a neutral than a real Decepticon.

Who else caught the Vok reference? Given that they're throwing in call-outs to everywhere, who's willing to bet that we'll see a jaAm reference?

kup
1st June 2008, 05:42 PM
I cought the Vok reference when Swindle used his force field. Although the reference was nice, it kind of makes the Vok in the Animated continuity a 'lesser' race than in Beast Wars/G2 continuity. Now they are just regular aliens who are willing to make 'deals' instead of mysterious and god like.

MV75
1st June 2008, 05:44 PM
I wasn't impressed with seeing the swindle toy earlier, but the character of him makes me want it now. :) He's armed to the teeth. :) And yea, he's more like a hummer. Not too bad a compromise over a jeep.

Transformers need more guns.
________
New Jersey Dispensary (http://newjersey.dispensaries.org/)

SilverDragon
1st June 2008, 05:49 PM
I cought the Vok reference when Swindle used his force field. Although the reference was nice, it kind of makes the Vok in the Animated continuity a 'lesser' race than in Beast Wars/G2 continuity. Now they are just regular aliens who are willing to make 'deals' instead of mysterious and god like.

Maybe they got bored with the whole mysterious-and-god-like act. :p

i_amtrunks
2nd June 2008, 02:22 PM
The Vok entry was the kind of nod/easter egg I like subtle yet still mildly amusing.

For a Bumblebee/Sari episode, I quite enjoyed this episode, while Professor Princess sounds exactly the same al Lil from Rugrats, I still enjoy the character, and Angry Archer is always good for a laugh or two.

Fred Willard as the voice of Swindle was great casting, it gave a very different feel to Swindle, although Willard has played the exact same type of character numerous times, most recently during the final season of Stargate SG1.

Swindle made what could have been a very 'meh' episode very entertaining. A very nice filler episode.

But please can we have some more info on the Seeker clones in the next episode?

MV75
2nd June 2008, 02:26 PM
What is vok?
________
California Medical Marijuana (http://california.dispensaries.org/)

Robzy
2nd June 2008, 03:28 PM
Swindle ROCKS!!! :D

Didn't mind this episode... even if it was a bit preachy at the end... Ratchet: "Well, I hope you've learned something about Teamwork!"... He-Man would be very proud! ;)

kup
2nd June 2008, 03:42 PM
What is vok?

It's a G2 and Beast Wars Fan club exclusive :p

For a Bumblebee/Sari episode, I quite enjoyed this episode, while Professor Princess sounds exactly the same al Lil from Rugrats, I still enjoy the character, and Angry Archer is always good for a laugh or two.

I knew her voice sounded familiar! I just couldn't figure out from where.

I hate the human characters in this show so to me they were all a big let down. Every time they focus on them, they cripple the storyline in my view. Thankfully the pacing for this season is much better and these characters only appear every now and then while the focus is strongly on the Decepticons.

MV75
2nd June 2008, 07:38 PM
It's a G2 and Beast Wars Fan club exclusive :p

I knew her voice sounded familiar! I just couldn't figure out from where.

I hate the human characters in this show so to me they were all a big let down. Every time they focus on them, they cripple the storyline in my view. Thankfully the pacing for this season is much better and these characters only appear every now and then while the focus is strongly on the Decepticons.

And? The reference is what to what?

I love the human characters. As long as they annoy the "everything should be beast wars" fans, they need more screen time. :p I really like them more for the fact that while on earth, it's more than a one sided monotonous battle over supreme universe power amongst a handful of regulars. That was pioneered and worked in G1, I'm glad for the refresh that incorporates more than that.
________
Nash 600 (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Nash_600)

Gutsman Heavy
3rd June 2008, 12:21 AM
Swindle was totally an Infomercials host! just less evil :)

I'm taking a liking to the human villans, Nanosec rocks but that may have to do with Brian Posehn doing the voice...

hated the slo-mo b*tch

kup
3rd June 2008, 12:52 AM

I love the human characters. As long as they annoy the "everything should be beast wars" fans, they need more screen time. :p I really like them more for the fact that while on earth, it's more than a one sided monotonous battle over supreme universe power amongst a handful of regulars. That was pioneered and worked in G1, I'm glad for the refresh that incorporates more than that.

On the contrary, this show should be more G1 than Beast Wars since its on Earth with humans so they should properly contribute to the story rather than cringe striking bad comedy acts, anyway that's my opinion on the matter as I think they are hopelessly implemented. G1 handled humans much better in both comics and cartoon I reckon.

I do love Beast Wars but I love G1 equally as much and I find the humans a bit of a let down in Animated even by G1 standards, they remind me more of the Armada kids in the sense that they are generally utterly pointless; at least here they served a purpose as an accessory to Swindle and that is what rescued the episode. It would be good if we could see something less leaning to comedy or side acts and something that contributes more to the overall story like it was done in the G1 comics.

MV75
3rd June 2008, 01:41 AM
Sari, professor sumdac, Meltdown, cpt fanzone, powell, they all contribute to the entire thing. ;) Unless you want humans like the girl who loved powerglide. :D If anything is like the armada kids, it's soundwave, wreckgar, the constructicons. Just one show shots with the corny "a bit survived" at the end every time. And if anything is just comedy relief, it's blitzwing and lugnut.

I think you're looking at people of generations past too much through rose coloured glasses .
________
No2 Vaporizer Reviews (http://no2vaporizer.net)

kup
3rd June 2008, 06:11 AM
We have to agree to disagree as we have radically different outlooks on this show and the Transformers brand in general . As you know, overall I don't think highly of Animated (this includes the toys and not just for the style) although the show itself has begun to improve considerably in season 2 but for me its hard to make up for the awfulness of the first season but its continuing to improve so I have to acknowledge that.

Paulbot
7th June 2008, 05:17 PM
I knew there'd be a Villians team up eventually and I think this episode makes the smaller appearances of them worth it. If it had only been the SUV it wouldn't have been that great, but Swindle was a great addition to the Decepticons, and by the looks we finally get a good toy to match the G1 cartoon character.

SilverDragon
19th June 2008, 08:12 PM
I like the humans in this series. I think they're implemented rather well, ESPECIALLY considering a certain kick-happy human from Energon. ;)

The reference is to a bunch of aliens from Beast Wars who messed around with things.

kup
19th June 2008, 09:10 PM
I like the humans in this series. I think they're implemented rather well, ESPECIALLY considering a certain kick-happy human from Energon. ;)

Professor Princess included in that statement?:rolleyes:

MV75
20th June 2008, 09:27 AM
Professor Princess included in that statement?:rolleyes:

I hope not, that's the only human I think they can do without. Seems just like an excuse to get a pony in there somewhere. She's just a carpet munching emasculating feminist in the making while all the others really are the true villans and thieves. :)
________
HOW TO ROLL BLUNTS (http://howtorollablunt.net/)

STL
27th June 2008, 01:57 AM
Swindle really picked this episode up for me. Without him, I would have given it a 4 out of 10 - at best. But Swindle's emergement picked this episode up to a 7 out of 10.

Isn't it weird how last episode was so awesome but this episode seemed like such a let down... :rolleyes:

I expected it but this was way below par in the initial stages. Like Kup and yourself, I would've bored myself to sleep. I don't care for the human villains. They're okay as makeshift but I'd really rather that they didn't even exist. If we do have human villains, they need a bit more depth and allure. As it stands they're mere plot conveniences for the real threat. I can't wait to grab the Swindle toy. It's going to be awesome.

He and Ultra Magnus will be the best two toys of the line imo!

Ok, Time for a bit of confession :D. Who has contemplated buying a My Little Pony just so that they can have their own Professor Penny Princess & Powdered Sugar? :o

Just so that I can have Megatron step on her.