PDA

View Full Version : so quiet! too quiet! extremely quiet...

iceburn
2nd June 2008, 10:43 AM
ahh its just me lurking around the forum board and nobody seems to be around since 8.30am this morning. some board members did come in about 9am but was just reading stuff....

forum members seems to be all "tired out" by all the recent toy releases.
well, it was first day of Winter yesterday and how is everyone coping with it?

i was out driving in the morn and at night yesterday and the city was filled up with fog everywhere....this morning's walk to the train station was much better.

i also bought a non-TF item that will be posted up later. wonder what made me to do it though....

STL
2nd June 2008, 10:46 AM
Actually, no. I was on last night but there's been something strange about the board. I'm not sure if it's just me but I can't see some posts that I know were posted last night that I saw. For instance, I posted a reply to Tetsu in the Henkei/Universe thread and saw Kyle and Liege's posts in the action post thread last night but not now.

Even in my PM box, I deleted stuff last night to clear it out but it reappeared this morning strangely enough. :confused:

iceburn
2nd June 2008, 10:52 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhhh.........pretty strange

Pulse
2nd June 2008, 11:07 AM
I know exactly what you mean, It's like a bloody ghost town around here :D. Where_oh_where has everyone gone? There is like no activity happening here at all - nothing, zilch, bada bing... what?

Anyway, it can't possibly be that quiet in TF world - can it? :p

STL
2nd June 2008, 11:10 AM
I know exactly what you mean, It's like a bloody ghost town around here :D. Where_oh_where has everyone gone? There is like no activity happening here at all - nothing, zilch, bada bing... what?

Anyway, it can't possibly be that quiet in TF world - can it? :p

Well, maybe we're just all terribly broke?

roller
2nd June 2008, 11:10 AM
actually the board is haunted by a ghost by the name of Andrew helpsweeth his dotcom company went bankrupt and we built our site over his grave :)

roller
2nd June 2008, 11:16 AM
hey!!! All my posts from yesterday are gone!

iceburn
2nd June 2008, 11:20 AM
yeapp i just realised that. even those post in June Acquisitions were gone...
what's with June 1st anyway?? *haha*

STL
2nd June 2008, 11:25 AM
hey!!! All my posts from yesterday are gone!

So it's just not me that's crazy. :cool:

I checked my own profile and tracked my posts from last night. Couldn't find them and I was wondering what happened.

autobreadticon
2nd June 2008, 11:28 AM
:eek:it all began when TFw2005 became offline....wooooo scaryy..

Pulse
2nd June 2008, 11:32 AM
I'm trying to post a reply in the TF trivia thread & every time I hit submit, it says:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@otca.com.au and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.5 Server at www.otca.com.au Port 80

Damn You Gremlins!!!

Robzy
2nd June 2008, 12:08 PM
Yeah - me too! Every post I did yesterday is gone :confused:

And yeah, I can't get on tfw2005 either! :(

i_amtrunks
2nd June 2008, 12:41 PM
TFW is down because the place where their servers are hosted died. hisstank is down as well.

Seems I havent missed much since I have no internets at home (again) and was moving offices from Thursday afternoon!

griffin
2nd June 2008, 01:08 PM
I wasn't aware of any technical problems here. I do know that tfw2005 has been offline since yesterday, including all its associated sites (which could be pretty bad if they lose all their archived info).
I'll have a look to see if there is anything wrong going on here, or if it is a net-wide problem. I was always worried that my local server wouldn't be able to cope with the running of this board, but the mass of people reading it during Toyfair should suggest this server can take it.

iceburn
2nd June 2008, 01:29 PM
there has been error messages occurring while trying to send PMs, edit existing posts i guess:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@otca.com.au and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Same as Pulse's

Robzy
2nd June 2008, 01:42 PM
Haven't had problems PM-ing, but all my posts from yesterday are definitely gone!

roller
2nd June 2008, 02:06 PM
hey gazzas

is the sight taking long to load for you too?

griffin
2nd June 2008, 02:20 PM
I couldn't seem to post in the news section. Have contacted the server host for help, but will have to wait for a response.

MV75
2nd June 2008, 02:24 PM
Yea, yesterday, or the day before, this site kept on timing out.
________
Gerald c. meyers (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Gerald_C._Meyers)

kup
2nd June 2008, 03:03 PM
This may help to explain what has happened to TFW20005, Don Murphy, etc:

www.tfw2005.net

It is too much coincidence that posts and stuff have dissapeared since yesterday so the above problem could of affected this board in some sort of fashion. However I can't think of any since this board too would have gone down if it was affected by the explosion not just missing posts and PMs.

I also get Pulse's error everytime I try to post something with the 'http' address.

It also seems that the cause of the electrical failure was an explosion of some kind that knocked down surrounding walls and killed electricity in the whole building.

This is a quick message to the members of TFW2005.com. The datacenter where TFW2005.com and possibly 10's of thousands of other sites had it's physical server stored had an issue earlier today which took the electricity to the entire building offline. From what we understand there was no damage to the actual servers, just the electrical connection to the facility. As of right now there is no ETA on the site coming back online. So long as this was a purely outside, electrical based issue, it should be anywhere from 24-72 hours. This also affected Hisstank.com and Cybertron.Ca.
Please pass the word around to those that may care, we will keep everyone updated here. Thanks, see you soon

Its a bit scary as it kinda shows that the Internet is not invulnerable.

Robzy
2nd June 2008, 03:30 PM
What's going on????

I just made 3 posts and they all disappeared after 5 minutes! :confused:

This post will probably be gone in a minute as well :p

Burn
2nd June 2008, 04:08 PM
What's going on????

I just made 3 posts and they all disappeared after 5 minutes! :confused:

This post will probably be gone in a minute as well :p

Well I see it ... should I start looking over my shoulder now in case they come for me too?

Hold me Robzy! :eek:

The_Damned
2nd June 2008, 04:15 PM
it is the end of it all quick give me all your transformers....

Robzy
2nd June 2008, 04:58 PM
Hold me Robzy! :eek:

Only if you hold me :D

I just checked a few of the other threads - other people's posts have disappeared too! :confused: PHEW - I was worried it was just a conspiracy against good lookin' guys!

Oh well... I'll just have to re-post the ones that are gone! ;)

Tober
2nd June 2008, 07:11 PM
I'm chatting to Kyle on MSN about how quiet it is here but apparently he can't even see this thread... :confused:

Borgeman
2nd June 2008, 07:41 PM
I'm chatting to Kyle on MSN about how quiet it is here but apparently he can't even see this thread... :confused:

i couldnt see this thread earlier today either...

George

jaydisc
2nd June 2008, 07:46 PM
Yo, I'm trapped in bizarro world!!!! I'm not here. Kyle and I are stuck at the old board.

Obviously, Griffin is transitioning the board to another server/IP address.

I'm jumped in my IP-address-transported and am temporarily access the site now, but I can only stay for 10 minutes at a time.

Can someone technical answer me a few quetions?

What nameservers are returned when you do a whois?

I get:

Name Server: ns1.fastwww.net
Name Server: ns2.fastwww.net

When I query them directly for the address of otca, I get either the new or old address. I get 216.193.213.26, but THIS SITE, where THIS POST IS, is 72.52.215.34

SO WHICH IS RIGHT? Are Kyle and I in bizarro world, OR ARE ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Kyle
2nd June 2008, 07:54 PM
Finally I enter the "new server dimension"!!!!!!

Thank you Jay and Tober for rescuing me from the "old server dimension"... :)

It's like from a DC comic... Crisis of Infiinite Servers...

Tober
2nd June 2008, 08:01 PM
Evidently Roller's fragile mind has become so warped we sere able to pass through undetected...

Part of a fiendish plot by Roller to inverse his transformers collection using the BIZARRO counting method.

roller
2nd June 2008, 08:46 PM
curse you super protector squad

you've foiled my plans for the final time!!!

another bad thing happened some part of the set of Transformers 2007 went up in flames, either part of the set or the film cannister

kup
2nd June 2008, 10:49 PM
Yep, its still not letting me post anything linking a pic.

STL
2nd June 2008, 11:47 PM
Well, I'm off the night and hopefully the board itself won't delete my posts overnight like it did yesterday...

Pulse
3rd June 2008, 12:04 AM
Yep, its still not letting me post anything linking a pic.

I've been trying to do the same thing & I keep getting the same error screen :(.

Stupid Gremlins, I thought they got killed off in 1990 care of the flick "Gremlins 2: The New Batch". :rolleyes:

Robzy
3rd June 2008, 12:22 AM
Well, I'm off the night and hopefully the board itself won't delete my posts overnight like it did yesterday...
:p

Stupid Gremlins, I thought they got killed off in 1990 care of the flick "Gremlins 2: The New Batch". :rolleyes:
:D

Soundwarp
3rd June 2008, 07:50 AM
It used to be a lot quiter.... (Is that spelt right?)

kup
3rd June 2008, 03:03 PM
Gremlins still not letting me links stuff

STL
3rd June 2008, 03:08 PM
Gremlins still not letting me links stuff

+1!

roller
3rd June 2008, 08:20 PM
its oh so quiet (shhhhh shhhh)

its oh so still (shhhhh shhhh)

buhh nuhhh nuhhh nuhhhh

you're all alone
and so peaceful until...

you fall in love
zing boom
the sky up above
zing boom
is caving in
wow bam
you've never been so nuts about a guy
you wanna laugh you wanna cry
you cross your heart and hope to die

'til it's over and then
it's nice and quiet
but soon again
starts another big riot

you blow a fuse
zing boom
the devil cuts loose
zing boom
so what's the use
wow bam
of falling in love

it's. oh. so quiet
it's. oh. so still
you're all alone
and so peaceful until...

you ring the bell
bim bam
you shout and you yell
hi ho ho
you broke the spell
gee. this is swell you almost have a fit
this guy is "gorge" and i got hit
there's no mistake this is it

'til it's over and then
it's nice and quiet
but soon again
starts another big riot

you blow a fuse
zing boom
the devil cuts loose
zing boom
so what's the use
wow bam
of falling in love

the sky caves in
the devil cuts loose
you blow blow blow blow blow your fuse
when you've fallen in love

ssshhhhhh...

Paulbot
3rd June 2008, 08:44 PM
See for me I got no errors, I got a perfectly working board... just one that nobody was coming to and nobody was posting on. I compared it to being like Skids in Limbo (or Dr Crusher in TNG's Remember Me for the trek fans). I was asking the same questions on the mirror board about why is it so quiet, thankfully I saw a couple of the members at lunchtime that explained to me what was going on.

dirge
3rd June 2008, 08:50 PM
Roller, you've violated Björk's copyright. Her lawyers have lodged a case against you in the Supreme Courtin Reykjavík.

(dude, at least tell us who you're quoting!)

roller
3rd June 2008, 08:55 PM
i was seeing as to who was educated and who was not :D nah jokes your all smart

Hey Paulbot

i watched TNG today, the ep where everyone gets hot for everyone else due to the infection from the science vessel

kup
3rd June 2008, 09:34 PM
i was seeing as to who was educated and who was not :D nah jokes your all smart

Hey Paulbot

i watched TNG today, the ep where everyone gets hot for everyone else due to the infection from the science vessel

That is also a kind of sequel to an old original series episode. Yep I am geeky.

iceburn
3rd June 2008, 09:37 PM
welcome back to those stuck at the dark side!!!

liegeprime
3rd June 2008, 10:12 PM
aaaargh, it was so frustrating trying to load up the otca page. ive been at it for hours. jay and ice have been helping but still no dice. then all of a sudden it just did. veeery slowly but it does load up... i can only imagine the frustration of some of our newest members when they try to go and log on to the forum and cant at all.... hope this server problem gets fixed soon. it wasnt a pleasant feeling at all... withdrawal symptoms from not being able to log in the site at all veeeeery unpleasant:(:(

iceburn
3rd June 2008, 10:48 PM
hahahahaa...glad to see you too liege

Robzy
3rd June 2008, 11:06 PM
So... this is the real board I'm posting on now?

For ages, it was changing between the old and the new.

Please tell me I'm back in the real world now? :eek:

Pulse
4th June 2008, 12:16 AM
Geezus!

I thought these bugs only bothered us when we tried to go to sleep...

(You know, Bed Bugs & all that :rolleyes::D)

Paulbot
4th June 2008, 08:50 AM
So... this is the real board I'm posting on now?

For ages, it was changing between the old and the new.

Please tell me I'm back in the real world now? :eek:

The old board has a post in the Ozformers Board Info called Limbo: Where has everyone gone?. If you can't see that you're in the right place.

I am happy to see I am in the right place this morning. :)

Robzy
4th June 2008, 12:25 PM
The old board has a post in the Ozformers Board Info called Limbo: Where has everyone gone?. If you can't see that you're in the right place.
Thanks!

Kyle
4th June 2008, 01:24 PM
Even my work server can carry me to the new dimension now. Awesome. :)

sifun
4th June 2008, 01:40 PM
Its so freaking cold outside. look at all the fog!

I haven't been in bizzaro dimension yet... is it warmer?

Paulbot
4th June 2008, 02:23 PM
I don't know if it's warmer... but there is a gecko attack over there! :)