PDA

View Full Version : Regeneration 1 #80.5

Sky Shadow
26th January 2012, 09:04 PM
If I travelled back in time to tell childhood me about this, he would wet his pants. Or something:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=36515

So good. (I was worried that the colouring wouldn't be flat enough and would be all smartarsey computer shading - it's not ideal, but not as bad as I imagined.) And to circumvent copyright issues, Circuit Breaker is now a guy called Circuit Smasher. Weird.

kup
26th January 2012, 09:24 PM
If I travelled back in time to tell childhood me about this, he would wet his pants. Or something:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=36515

So good. (I was worried that the colouring wouldn't be flat enough and would be all smartarsey computer shading - it's not ideal, but not as bad as I imagined.) And to circumvent copyright issues, Circuit Breaker is now a guy called Circuit Smasher. Weird.

Yeah that Circuit Breaker gender changer really feels odd. But I guess the character was never sexualised within the narrative (aside from her looks of course) so it could technically be straight forward to do a retcon with the only change needed being the name and visuals.

Paulbot
26th January 2012, 09:25 PM
And to circumvent copyright issues, Circuit Breaker is now a guy called Circuit Smasher.

So that's who that guy is. I was looking and it earlier and was puzzled by that face. The Breaker/Smasher thing is not a big deal in the world of Trailcutters and Shockblasts, that I just skimmed over it and didn't put two and two together.

I think there will be more outrage from some that Soundwave is still purple :p

i_amtrunks
26th January 2012, 09:42 PM
The art is nice and G1 stlyed, if not coloured (wohoo, no Yomtov!). The loose ends sound fascinating and I like how Furman has already let loose clues as to who we can expect to see alot of.

So with G1 back, we will have 3 actual printed comics (Autocracy should conclude before May...) released a month. Awesomesauce!

Sky Shadow
26th January 2012, 09:44 PM
Yeah that Circuit Breaker gender changer really feels odd. But I guess the character was never sexualised within the narrative (aside from her looks of course) so it could technically be straight forward to do a retcon with the only change needed being the name and visuals.

The Breaker/Smasher thing is not a big deal in the world of Trailcutters and Shockblasts, that I just skimmed over it and didn't put two and two together.

I'm now thinking that since #80.5 onwards is set 21 years after #80, maybe Circuit Smasher is Josie Beller and G.B. Blackrock's son?

I think there will be more outrage from some that Soundwave is still purple :p

Ha. :D

kup
26th January 2012, 09:47 PM
I'm now thinking that since #80.5 onwards is set 21 years after #80, maybe Circuit Smasher is Josie Beller and G.B. Blackrock's son?

A very probable hypothesis.

On another note, why is Rumble so tall?

Sky Shadow
26th January 2012, 10:08 PM
On another note, why is Rumble so tall?

Wildman probably didn't know he was meant to be short - he's pretty much never had to draw Rumble (or Frenzy) before (and since it's a flashback, may never draw him again.)

GoktimusPrime
26th January 2012, 11:08 PM
Make of this what you will...

--------------------------------------------------------------

Goktimus Prime Seeing Circuit Bre--, uh, Smasher as a bloke is going to take some getting used to! :O
I take it that you guys couldn't have gotten away with some less drastic like just a hair or skin colour change?

Andrew Wildman Re Circuit Smasher; Maybe things are not quite what you think they are ;-)

Sky Shadow
26th January 2012, 11:54 PM

Or, since Circuit Smasher is blond, wears blue and doesn't have a moustache, maybe Circuit Breaker got together with Spike and he's their son.

5FDP
27th January 2012, 09:58 AM
I just became interested in comics again :D

griffin
10th March 2012, 07:10 PM
Newsrama have posted up (http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album_view.php?gid=4093&page=37) an extra preview page to the ones in the link above in the first post. No new artwork, just the intro text page.

Hursticon
11th March 2012, 12:44 AM
Will this be available to Australians? - Being that it's a whole 'Free Comic Book Day' comic and all. :o

griffin
11th March 2012, 12:47 AM
Any comic store participating in FCBD. You may just need to reserve a copy beforehand if you are wanting one. (or hunt it down on ebay later)

Hursticon
11th March 2012, 01:15 AM
Any comic store participating in FCBD. You may just need to reserve a copy beforehand if you are wanting one. (or hunt it down on ebay later)

Hmm, you make a good point about eBay dude :cool:... Sydney really is just a little too far out of the way for a single comic. :o

Sam
11th March 2012, 09:43 PM
Really looking forward to this one.

griffin
15th April 2012, 04:32 PM
Seibertron have posted up a review of an advance copy (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/summary-of-idws-transformers-regeneration-one-805/24538/) - be aware that it is spoiler filled!

Should be available in comic stores first week of May, so reserve a copy early.

UltraMarginal
16th April 2012, 12:55 PM
As far as I know, you cannot reserve free comic book day comics, you have to arrive on the day at a participating store.

and it's generally restricted to a couple comics per person, anyone selling for anything on ebay the following day is a jerk. pe0ople shouldn't be able to walk out of the same store with more than one copy of any of the free comics.

Sharky
16th April 2012, 01:04 PM
Hmm, you make a good point about eBay dude :cool:... Sydney really is just a little too far out of the way for a single comic. :o

i will see if i can get my hands on an extra copy or two if anything is left after the event..

kup
16th April 2012, 01:12 PM
Seibertron have posted up a review of an advance copy (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/summary-of-idws-transformers-regeneration-one-805/24538/) - be aware that it is spoiler filled!

Should be available in comic stores first week of May, so reserve a copy early.

I called King Comics and they said that you can't reserve comics for Free Comic Book Day. You just have to be there early and hope for the best.

snaketales
16th April 2012, 06:56 PM
I got the same reply from my local comic shop... bit of a bummer since I've ordered Transformers comics through them for years, but I can see their point.

KalEl
16th April 2012, 07:05 PM
loving the artwork on this!

Mechbiter
16th April 2012, 10:51 PM
I got the same reply from my local comic shop... bit of a bummer since I've ordered Transformers comics through them for years, but I can see their point.

It's actually part of the terms and conditions for stores to recieve FCBD comics. Not that they are enforced in anyway. It's more of a code.

Plus the point of the day is to get (hopefully new) people back into comic book stores, not to reward regulars (That's what pull bags/standing order discounts or member discounts are for).

Cat
16th April 2012, 11:36 PM
Some people may or may not already have a copy.

Mechbiter
16th April 2012, 11:43 PM
The issues shipped worldwide last week to any stores that ordered them, so it's possible.

However...

:mad: :mad: :mad:

To any comic stores that have pre-sold or even given away these issues yet. Shame on them.

Cat
17th April 2012, 04:10 AM
If they chose to give one to a friend, knowing how happy it'd make them, especially if that person was I'll and probably likely to miss FBCD, and that person swore to not flash it all over the net, I don't see the harm. Same as a review copy, or a screener for movie critics.

I do agree on charging, but it's easy to forget that although it's called Free Comic Day, they're not free to the retailer. They have to pay for each one, and the cost of shipping. So while I agree they shouldn't charge, I can kinda understand it from a retailers point of view.

Darthprimus
18th April 2012, 10:52 PM
Picked up my copy early today. pretty happy with it all round, and have enjoyed the old school robot art designs.

Hursticon
25th April 2012, 08:19 PM
Sigh... I wish going to a Comic Shop wasn't a day trip. :(

Paulbot
12th July 2012, 08:11 AM
For those that missed this on Free Comic Book Day, it's now available for free (and legally) digitally through Comixology.

Hursticon
13th July 2012, 11:11 PM
Sigh... I wish going to a Comic Shop wasn't a day trip. :(

Whilst I still wish this weren't the case, there are some really friendly & helpful OTCA members round here; So much so that I was able to obtain this & Regeneration #81 - Many thanks Sharky! :D

It's also good news, Paul, to hear that it's now available free of charge digitally - Grab it if you can guys! :cool: