PDA

View Full Version : An Obsession with Galaxy Force

STL
2nd June 2008, 11:33 AM
I've been slowly developing a very unhealthy obsession w/ Takara versions of stuff. I'm not talking just about Henkei but their GF stuff too. At first it started off harmlessly as, hey I can grab some GF stuff cheap and get a tech spec card to boot! Now it's morphing into a twisted desire to complete the entire Takara GF line.

It's a combination of the better packaging, superior paint apps, and the bio card that are pretty much at the centre of it. And it's sadder still that it means I'll actually end up doubling up on the Cybertron versions I already have! :confused:

If you look at Takara's Live Convoy (Evac)'s packaging, it's just so much superior and better looking w/ him in robot mode!!!

I feel so lame but there's a twisted rationale to all this that says to me you can display all of them one day and it'll look real good in the Takara packaging. Hell, you can put your Hasbro versions in the Takara packaging and have them on display while at the same time being able to play w/ your GF toys. :cool::D:eek:

Someone tell me I'm not alone in this? Anybody? Please?

Pulse
2nd June 2008, 11:39 AM
Mate, you need serious help :D.

You're a lost cause who's beyond assistance & once you've gone this far, there's no turning back.

Admitting your problem is the first step towards a cure but having actually reached this stage of the "Galaxy Force Sickness", All I can say is "Good Luck" - you're sure as hell gonna need it.

:p

Sam
2nd June 2008, 12:27 PM
If you sell your Cybertron versions online, you will:

1. Make a little money from selling them, money which can contribute towards paying for your Galaxy Force versions of the figures.
2. Feel more justified in getting the Galaxy Force versions because then you will then have to replace the figures you no longer have.
3. Feel less guilty about getting the Galaxy Force versions because you are not doubling up on existing figures.

It's called hitting THREE birds with one stone. :)

roller
2nd June 2008, 02:03 PM
sam is right

turn this obsession into something positive for all

you get rid of a few hasbro toys and replace with superior empire of the sun toys

but id keep the one who is a boy in tak and a girl in Hasbro, unique ya know?!

The_Damned
2nd June 2008, 02:51 PM
you can always hit me up as there is cybertron tf i am still after.

Zippo
2nd June 2008, 03:26 PM
And I can sell you all my Galaxy Force stuff. I collected them all, but im tired of all the AEC stuff.

Burn
2nd June 2008, 04:15 PM
Someone tell me I'm not alone in this? Anybody? Please?

You're not alone. I tend to find myself picking up a number of Japanese versions.

When it came to Galaxy Force I didn't hesitate to get Vector Prime and Starscream. Later down the track there were a few GF auctions going cheaply on E-Bay. Snapped them up too, with postage they actually worked out cheaper than walking into the shop and buying Hasbro versions.

I think it all started for me with Armada/Micron Densu. Hot Shot came with the light up fist. Then I picked up a couple of the X-Dimension sets and the packaging ... I LOVED IT! The mini-con logo molded into the clear plastic packaging!

Energon/Superlink I behaved myself mostly. Had to have the smaller version of SL Galvatron. Because I had him and full sized Energon Megatron I never bothered with Energon Galvatron.

I've decided also that my Classics Seekers will be Henkei Seekers.

And of course somewhere along the lines when I realised how much I was getting into the Japanese stuff i've slowly rounded up nearly all of the Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo figures.

iceburn
2nd June 2008, 04:16 PM
what do you have zippy...
any blue rumble??? i'm in for that

autobreadticon
2nd June 2008, 05:52 PM
STL i do reckon Takara stuff are far superior to Hasbro stuff, i do not have any respect with Hasbro's main objective of producing weak looking toys with their corporate agenda of increased profit margins, the culture in Japan is unique in that Takara recognizes that it has a passionate fan base , so they have lovely boxes and so there is a great love to do things right...

Gutsman Heavy
2nd June 2008, 07:42 PM
if you need a place to offload your Cyb figures...

liegeprime
2nd June 2008, 08:47 PM
if you need a place to offload your Cyb figures...

And I can sell you all my Galaxy Force stuff. I collected them all, but im tired of all the AEC stuff.

you can always hit me up as there is cybertron tf i am still after.

from the quotes above its nice to know you wont have a problem offloading and uploading the TFs STL, just a few PMs away then, you gotta luv this forum for having a helpful buncha guys! :D:D

STL
2nd June 2008, 10:39 PM
I think you all are gonna be sorely disappointed. I'm a self-confessed, chronic, obsessive, multiple buying freak. :) ;) :D

lcz128
3rd June 2008, 06:14 PM
Yo STL buddy!
Just one thing I have to point out about Galaxy Force toys though - Master Megatron's paint applications are actually inferior to Hasbro's Megatron toy. They made an error with the colours on his face (I think his nose area?)

SO! That's one case where I'd recommend going with the Hasbro one.

Anyone keep track of what the other differences are with the other GF and Cyb toys?

I know with Soundwave there was deco differences in the stripes on the wings
Nitro Convoy had differences in the deco as well (Takara was more show accurate)
Galaxy Convoy's main differences was the colour of his grey plastic (less plastic looking) and his Cyber Planet Key has gold paint apps (I am planning to paint my own soon :b)
Sonic Bomber has Chrome!!! :D

Thanatos
3rd June 2008, 07:02 PM
I have the Takara Galaxy Convoy rather than the Hasbro Optimus Prime. It is far superior in my opinion.

STL, I can definately agree with you here :D

1orion2many
3rd June 2008, 07:12 PM
:confused:Sorry people, same toy with slightly different colouring just doesn't cut it for me. I pick up Japanese items when they aren't released here, you are all truly sick:p:D

STL
4th June 2008, 12:51 AM
Just one thing I have to point out about Galaxy Force toys though - Master Megatron's paint applications are actually inferior to Hasbro's Megatron toy. They made an error with the colours on his face (I think his nose area?)

Isn't that where you come in, oh buddy of mine? :p

lcz128
4th June 2008, 08:45 AM
Isn't that where you come in, oh buddy of mine? :p

That suddenly makes so much sense I'm somewhat gobsmacked! I forgot that I started getting tfs in a time where I didn't even consider repainting of TFs. Lol

sifun
4th June 2008, 09:24 AM
Whats the difference between galaxy convoy and the hasbro one?
I have galaxy convoy :)

I love noisemaze and his chromey goodness on the galaxy force edition, i had to get that.